BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,821
Posts388,505
Members2,610
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 66 of 144 1 2 64 65 66 67 68 143 144
Re: Long Island Express Lacrosse
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
No comparison Turtles at 6th grade vs Crush at 6th grade. Check out the videos. Not even close. Crush would torch them head to head...torch. Their torching 2019 teams at a very difficult maturation stage in this game for playing up.

Oh boy...Is this a player saying this or some mo mo dad?

said "torch" 3 times!! Must be dopey dad!!

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
No comparison Turtles at 6th grade vs Crush at 6th grade. Check out the videos. Not even close. Crush would torch them head to head...torch. Their torching 2019 teams at a very difficult maturation stage in this game for playing up.

if other teams were as dedicated and practiced as much as Crush; especially in 2019 I am sure they would beat them.

I look forward to Lax fest where hopefully some teams have some more playing time and give them a good run.

should be fun

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
That is correct and the the fifth team is probably one of the top B teams. To address them beating 91 orange, I repeat they have never beat the top 4 teams in regular season play. Not talking about a fall tourney where players have conflicts, some teams have practiced over the winter some haven't, coaches try to new players at new positions etc. Maybe express will be an A team this year, too early to tell but never have been at this age.

Only top four teams are A because.....you said so ??

You are an idiot!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Folks are you serious? Express A is a good team but come spring they are gonna get walked and then you are all gonna say "Well we are still one of the better teams" and that will be a far cry. With that said this is just 5th Grade lacrosse so lets not get all worked up here but the team will be a good B this year with probably a better group next year and competing at a high level. Fall tournaments are meaningless and generally good reality checks and /or a wakeup for the kids. Come spring the coaches get worse (More worked up) and they don't let off the gas for any team. Good Luck to all.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

When they torch torch torch that HDD 2019 team coached by Taylor maybe someone will take note. Aren't both teams U13? Maybe Spalina can get them to play prior to a lizards game to put some people in the stands. That's a game worth watching.

This crush team is so overhyped it's ridiculous. Yeah they are good, but you just gave an 11/12 year old a full time lax job preparing for games they never play in. Keep chasing that scholarship dream by team affiliation.

As for comparing the team to the turtles........who cares. 6th grade videos? Your nuts. They always roll to that footage on espnu when showing a college players development and bio.

I'll let me kid be a kid and find the passion on his own after finishing his homework.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Don't bring us into this. As a parent of a Taylor 2019 kid, I can honestly say, that team is legit. I've watched them practice several times. Each time I come away impressed. Just give credit where it's due!! When we play them it will be a good game. People, stop worrying about a team your son does not play on. Worry about your son getting better. That should be your only focus!!!

When they torch torch torch that HDD 2019 team coached by Taylor maybe someone will take note. Aren't both teams U13? Maybe Spalina can get them to play prior to a lizards game to put some people in the stands. That's a game worth watching.

This crush team is so overhyped it's ridiculous. Yeah they are good, but you just gave an 11/12 year old a full time lax job preparing for games they never play in. Keep chasing that scholarship dream by team affiliation.

As for comparing the team to the turtles........who cares. 6th grade videos? Your nuts. They always roll to that footage on espnu when showing a college players development and bio.

I'll let me kid be a kid and find the passion on his own after finishing his homework.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
that's so weird, you don't want people to worry about teams their sons are not on yet you watch other teams practice many times......its crazy, I have 3 kids and find it difficult enough to get them all to school activities, sports practice I cant imaging having enough time or interest in watching another team practice.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

That's exactly right, worry about your own kid.
You don't think the crush kids do homework and are ALL AP STUDENTS....hahaha. Jealousy is a powerful emotion

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Don't those 2 teams share their stars? They used to. If so, you will never see them play each other.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Don't those 2 teams share their stars? They used to. If so, you will never see them play each other.

That's right - Crush and Taylor won't play each other. If they do, whoever gets the 2 kids will win

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Torch the Turtles ? You must be a Crush Dad or at least a 91 Dad. Turtles were very deep. Crush is not as much. Watching both teams play at their respective times I think the Turtles were better. I'm sure most would agree.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
HDD are deep at all positions. Very physical and athletic. Even without the two "stars " as you call them , HDD would have no problem. How does Crush do vs 2019 Mule or Express Wolves ?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Torch the Turtles ? You must be a Crush Dad or at least a 91 Dad. Turtles were very deep. Crush is not as much. Watching both teams play at their respective times I think the Turtles were better. I'm sure most would agree.

Don't agree! Not even close!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Agree its close. Turtles have better individual players. Crush has some but overall not as skilled but great as a team.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

You don't think the crush kids do homework and are ALL AP STUDENTS....hahaha. Jealousy is a powerful emotion

So is the delusion associated with living vicariously through your kids....

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
HDD are deep at all positions. Very physical and athletic. Even without the two "stars " as you call them , HDD would have no problem. How does Crush do vs 2019 Mule or Express Wolves ?

Would love to see Crush and HDD play, with those two players on Crush. HDD wouldn't just be "without" those two, they'd be playing against them. You're saying they'd have no problem? I can't stand Crush, so I'd like to see that, but I'm not sure if they'd have "no problem"

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Crush beat Express 18-0 in the Dicks Championships. 18-0!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
its Spallina, two LL's, their you have it

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Look at you, talking about Division 1 lacrosse and espn when I'm talking about 6th grade lacrosse. You talk out both sides of your mouth. Why can't people just enjoy what they are doing at 6th grade? You are the idiot who is talking about ESPN and college bios.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Agree its close. Turtles have better individual players. Crush has some but overall not as skilled but great as a team.

Better individual players???? are you nuts? No competition!!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
18-0 was vs 2020 Express. The poster was talking about Crush playing up vs 2019 teams. Calm down.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
its Spallina, two LL's, their you have it

Actually its there not their...there!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

They had to drive the message home once and for all!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Such a dope that is why their was italicized.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You need help !!!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

So is the delusion associated with living vicariously through your kids....

JEALOUSY.....Ahh.the old living through you kids ...lol.... proves the point

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Prediction: There will only be two or three kids from the original Crush team left by the time they are in 8th grade. Look at 91 Extreme... One original kid left, some no longer playing lax, some not playing any travel at all. You'll see, more is not always more. Enjoy the ride while it lasts... You can't drive little kids that hard that long.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Prediction: There will only be two or three kids from the original Crush team left by the time they are in 8th grade. Look at 91 Extreme... One original kid left, some no longer playing lax, some not playing any travel at all. You'll see, more is not always more. Enjoy the ride while it lasts... You can't drive little kids that hard that long.

Or more likely they will soon be called the Express Baracudas. Ha ha, its coming.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Or more likely they will soon be called the Express Baracudas. Ha ha, its coming.

Said the jealous Express daddy. Truth is, what boy would leave a team giving them a free ticket to D1 college lax. This team will see very little movement similar to the Turtles.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Better individual players???? are you nuts? No competition!!

Agree!! Turtles at same age were much more skilled individually. That plus to focus on academics will lead to more commits to top schools

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

That's right - Crush and Taylor won't play each other. If they do, whoever gets the 2 kids will win

Taylor could probably play without them and win. If you ever saw that team play, its a team with depth. Crush would probably get crushed without them bc they are the team and that's why this game will never happen.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Said the jealous Express daddy. Truth is, what boy would leave a team giving them a free ticket to D1 college lax. This team will see very little movement similar to the Turtles.

WOW is pot legal in NY??? What are you smoking? You really think a D1 one ticket is already in the bag in 6th grade? Jealous? Not a chance, my kids committed already. It's called pitty, you freak. Free ticket? Average D1 lax money is about $8,000 bucks a year. Much more money for academics. You might want to start thinking about plan plan B. You have no idea the reality check your in for. By the way, the movement on Extreme wasn't by choice, kids were let go for new kids... Win at any cost. You know, that "91" loyalty. Good luck to your son. Go see a professional, you need help.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Son played against the Turtles and I coached against the Crush. Two very talented but different teams. While neither team would be considered big, the Turtles have a slight advantage on defense. The Crush do have one rather large attackman though. Don't think any of the Turtles attackman had that ability to bull dodge. The Turtles seem to rely on individual skill a little more and the Crush play more team offense and defense. If both teams were the same grade and the referees played it straight, I'd give the edge to the Turtles just based on physicality. It's also hard to say how the face off battle would go. Having said that I think the Crush are better coached and more of their players will probably go further in lacrosse. Time will tell. There is no doubt that both teams are very talented and to say definitively who would win is foolish. But it's fun to speculate.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
So when is 2020 crush playing the 2019 HDD team?...Can it ever happen or are there kids that actually play for both teams. if so how pathetic is that. Let them play each other. What did both of these teams work it out amongst themselves to make sure they can't be in the same tournaments. I know it's two different age groups but are you being fair to the other 2020 crush kids or are you telling them they are good but not good enough to play without 2 or three kids because they are your superstars otherwise we are just a good 2020 team...

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
why would they play. play the kids in your age group and be quiet and get a life.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
you are probably the same kind of knucklehead that will complain when your kid is in 8th or 9th grade about how unfair it is for others to hold back their kid, but now its ok for you to play up for your own kids advantage to play with stronger players. you are boring go away.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
So when is 2020 crush playing the 2019 HDD team?...Can it ever happen or are there kids that actually play for both teams. if so how pathetic is that. Let them play each other. What did both of these teams work it out amongst themselves to make sure they can't be in the same tournaments. I know it's two different age groups but are you being fair to the other 2020 crush kids or are you telling them they are good but not good enough to play without 2 or three kids because they are your superstars otherwise we are just a good 2020 team...

Go away [lacrosse].

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Why is pathetic? You know you would love for it to be your kid who's playing on 2 of the best teams at their age group!!! And both of those teams are extremely deep in talent! It's just not 2 kids. Taylor and Spallina do a great job with those teams they get the most out of all those kids, and the kids respond, stop your crying!!!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Why is pathetic? You know you would love for it to be your kid who's playing on 2 of the best teams at their age group!!! And both of those teams are extremely deep in talent! It's just not 2 kids. Taylor and Spallina do a great job with those teams they get the most out of all those kids, and the kids respond, stop your crying!!!

Take it to another board that actually is associated with these teams.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Yes,
you are right their is only one original player from 4th grade but their are a lot of ex-extreme kids playing on other teams that are the stars of their team.
Not easy playing in SL system, each player has very limited role. Players move on to where they can develop more as a lacrosse player.
Do not believe young players benefit from a youth program that is run like a division one program. that's the way SL runs it and has been running the program like that since fourth grade
Some of his players will benefit the ones that have more of a role but a lot would be better off on a different team
But Parents are nuts they want to be on a winning team at all cost.

Like Reply Quote
Page 66 of 144 1 2 64 65 66 67 68 143 144
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Link Copied to Clipboard