BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
Boys High School Lax
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,821
Posts388,518
Members2,610
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 6 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
Re: Shamrock Shootout Master Schedule
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Up 10 ZIP playing in the Town division and screaming for 40 minutes is classy ???
Not in Long Island Pal !!!

Originally Posted by Anonymous
New Fairfield is a small western Connecticut town which has a High School graduating class of about 200 each year. The town team that played Saturday was all 7th graders with the exception of one 6th grader. This group has been playing together for many years and are an exception bunch with exceptional coaching. The same team plays travel lacrosse under the name 3 tribes. They usually pick up 3-4 players from the surrounding towns. On Sunday it was the same town team as Saturday with the exception of one talented 7th grader from Scarsdale. So disappointing that parents have to look for excuses when their team loses. It minimizes the hard work of the kids. As for the head coach acting like they just won the superbowl after beating West Islip on Saturday.... Not in a million years he is way to professional and classy.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Lost to jesters 4-3 which that game was evenly matched. Could have gone either way. We will see them again in the near future. And it will be another great game. Kudos to both teams playing hard. 91 whites other loss was to 91 orange 10-5. We were up 5-4 at one point. Another great game. Beat three tribes who beat 91 orange. It is only the beginning folks. Long season ahead for all. Remember this is about having your son enjoy this great game of lacrosse, and learning. We are so fixated on winning when there is more to it at this point. They are still only 12 going on 13 so there is alot of growing and maturity still ahead. Teams are starting to even out more as these kids go through puberty.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Maybe all the town teams they beat like WI should get a few kids from their surronding towns like 3 tribes did next time...Oh wait that would be the Travel Division !!!! oops...

And change their team names from day to day

New Fairfield is a small western Connecticut town which has a High School graduating class of about 200 each year. The town team that played Saturday was all 7th graders with the exception of one 6th grader. This group has been playing together for many years and are an exception bunch with exceptional coaching. The same team plays travel lacrosse under the name 3 tribes. They usually pick up 3-4 players from the surrounding towns. On Sunday it was the same town team as Saturday with the exception of one talented 7th grader from Scarsdale. So disappointing that parents have to look for excuses when their team loses. It minimizes the hard work of the kids. As for the head coach acting like they just won the superbowl after beating West Islip on Saturday.... Not in a million years he is way to professional and classy.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
WHo could the jesters have added to make them so much better?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I know 3 tribes played the 2020 91 Crush in the 2019 A championship. I heard Crush blew them out, what was the score ?

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Stop crying WI. Did u read it correctly ? When they play travel is when they get kids from surrounding towns. You can't win every year. Stop teaching your team to complain and look for excuses. Parents / coaches should lead by example.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I have one very important question: Why are there two Shamrock threads?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I know 3 tribes played the 2020 91 Crush in the 2019 A championship. I heard Crush blew them out, what was the score ?

Good game for tbe first 10 min Crush totally took over the game in the second half winning 13 - 5 in the 2019 A championship game.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What does this say ??
New Fairfield is a small western Connecticut town which has a High School graduating class of about 200 each year. The town team that played Saturday was all 7th graders with the exception of one 6th grader. This group has been playing together for many years and are an exception bunch with exceptional coaching. The same team plays travel lacrosse under the name 3 tribes. They usually pick up 3-4 players from the surrounding towns. On Sunday it was the same town team as Saturday with the exception of one talented 7th grader from Scarsdale.
Stop crying WI. Did u read it correctly ? When they play travel is when they get kids from surrounding towns. You can't win every year. Stop teaching your team to complain and look for excuses. Parents / coaches should lead by example.

Like Reply Quote
Chief Admin
OP Offline
Chief Admin
I have one very important question: Why are there two Shamrock threads?

I did that. I wanted the schedule to be noticed when it came out.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
any reason why all the results are not posted somewhere?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Thanks. Top F/O guy was out with a broken wrist.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
titanium 91 won 6th grade B-josh marksberry team

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
any reason why all the results are not posted somewhere?

Because nobody cares

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Thanks. Top F/O guy was out with a broken wrist.

What team?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

No competition in that division. It was a joke. Smash could have beat the other 3 teams.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I remember seeing something about a new fresh organization that will have their 2021 team rival igloo, 91 orange, and express this year. How did they do this weekend ?

If you are referring to Icon , they made it into the championship but lost to 91 orange

No, I was referring to Legacy...there was so much buzz. So many people had pitcher after pitcher of cool aid at the try outs.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Your kidding right. Smash is a great team but to say they would have beat three 2020 teams is a little insulting to the those kids don't you think? Yes Titanium was clearly the top team but then again they didn't belong in the B division.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Who'd they play in the championship game? Score?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
No championship Game. It was assumed that they could beat 91 Cyclones or the tournament directors thought it was to cold to play. So they were given the championship.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

WoW , honestly that should not have been the case , and proof that titanium should NOT have been in B bracket to steal the show away from Cyclones , What ever happened to playing all the teams in a competitive bracket ? give your team a challenge ? especially when a low turnout in a B bracket you could have just combined all 6th grade teams.
A few parents from titanium were overheard complaining about the weak competition and bracket placement and not so happy ,yada yada yada , as you will never make everyone happy in travel but If this continues with High expectations from the parents, and 91 does not challenge this team and play them in A , chances are it will self destruct and people will jump ship.

No championship Game. It was assumed that they could beat 91 Cyclones or the tournament directors thought it was to cold to play. So they were given the championship.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Your kidding right. Smash is a great team but to say they would have beat three 2020 teams is a little insulting to the those kids don't you think? Yes Titanium was clearly the top team but then again they didn't belong in the B division.

The entire 2020 B bracket consisted of weak teams, none of which would have been successful in a True A bracket.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Titanium is a solid B team. Josh is a great guy/coach and can hopefully continue to recruit new boys. Until he can they will struggle in an A division.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Heard from a few people Team Long Island 5th grade players are going over to titanium with Josh,?? True?? Even With those additions they still will not compete in 6th grade A .

Titanium is a solid B team. Josh is a great guy/coach and can hopefully continue to recruit new boys. Until he can they will struggle in an A division.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
fl$ 2020 was missing their primary face off guy. In response to the comment that they couldn't win a face off and the boy doing them looked to have no formal training but was scrappy--you are probably correct.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
One comment from the girls side was that officiating was beyond terrible. Refs were cold, didn't move and for the most part were clueless to the rules.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
One comment from the girls side was that officiating was beyond terrible. Refs were cold, didn't move and for the most part were clueless to the rules.

Refs on the boys side were horrible (and my kid's team did fine). Actually the whole experience stunk, once again. It was still dark when we arrived and frigid. My kid and his friends are hearty kids and they did not have fun and neither did I. Hopefully next year his team skips it. If not, I may have to make sure I have a prior commitment that day!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Refs on the boys side were horrible (and my kid's team did fine). Actually the whole experience stunk, once again. It was still dark when we arrived and frigid. My kid and his friends are hearty kids and they did not have fun and neither did I. Hopefully next year his team skips it. If not, I may have to make sure I have a prior commitment that day!

Refs were terrible, inconsistent in general and 100% called the games in favor of 91...this is not just my opinion but several coaches I spoke with at different age levels. Also schedules were stacked in favor of 91. Combine that with frigid temps, some undersized fields and I agree the experience stunk once again his year.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Refs were terrible, inconsistent in general and 100% called the games in favor of 91...this is not just my opinion but several coaches I spoke with at different age levels. Also schedules were stacked in favor of 91. Combine that with frigid temps, some undersized fields and I agree the experience stunk once again his year.

What's funny is that everyone knows this tournament stinks, the refs call games in favor of 91 teams and 91 stacks the schedules in their favor, and despite that all the teams keep coming.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

What's funny is that everyone knows this tournament stinks, the refs call games in favor of 91 teams and 91 stacks the schedules in their favor, and despite that all the teams keep coming.

Oh please, stop it with the excuses. You say the same thing when express or outlaws run a tournament. You'll never be satisfied unless you run your own. Just go off LI for all your tournaments and enjoy the ride.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Oh please, stop it with the excuses. You say the same thing when express or outlaws run a tournament. You'll never be satisfied unless you run your own. Just go off LI for all your tournaments and enjoy the ride.

Would love to! Miserable tourney! between the frigid weather and the sketchy calls, not fun!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
It is amazing that teams still play in this tournament. We stopped bringing my son's team a few years ago. My daughter played last year, and it reminded me of why we stopped with the boys. Fortunately, we weren't there this year, and never will be again! I think people are so anxious to get outside that they can't resist registering for this crappy, half-rigged tournament!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Would love to! Miserable tourney! between the frigid weather and the sketchy calls, not fun!

Refs must have found themselves in a real predicament when 91 played each other. I thought the refs let the kids play this weekend. More physical then I expected, especially considering the cold weather.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Attendance in this tournament has started to decline over the years.2020B bracket was 2 91 teams and 2 others. The weather seems to be the biggest issue for a lot of people. They will continue to draw just because it's the first spring event but it also may get smaller over the course of time. y sons team is playing this weekend and it is forecasted to be 55 degrees. all luck of the draw with mother nature this time of the year.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Birthdate Age Bracket
Born on or after 9/1/1998 U15
Born on or after 9/1/2000 U13

League and Association Play. Leagues and associations should organize competition by age, and consider physical, cognitive, and emotional maturity when grouping players. For leagues or associations in which some local programs choose to organize their teams by grade, those teams should play in the age division determined by the oldest player on their roster. Teams organized by single birth year or single grade are suggested, but if a league
needs to group two years/grades together it should strive to limit the maximum age difference between players in a
youth game to no more than twenty-four (24) months.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

The entire 2020 B bracket consisted of weak teams, none of which would have been successful in a True A bracket.

2020 Titanium is an A team. Did you see them play?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I did. They look like an A team against weak teams. Put them against true A teams and they look like a B team. Nothing wrong with that. Good talent. Just need more depth.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I did. They look like an A team against weak teams. Put them against true A teams and they look like a B team. Nothing wrong with that. Good talent. Just need more depth.

Well said but I disagree. I saw them play and feel they will do well in an A bracket. I guess we will have to wait and see. Good luck to all the boys this spring!!!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Sounds like that short, gray haired annoying ref was there from 3 village. The one with the big mouth.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Sounds like that short, gray haired annoying ref was there from 3 village. The one with the big mouth.

Lol

Like Reply Quote
Page 6 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Link Copied to Clipboard