BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
MD Girls 2028
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,814
Posts387,740
Members2,608
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 21 of 47 1 2 19 20 21 22 23 46 47
Re: Boys 2018 Fall 2013/Summer 2014
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
The Brine Nationals are upcoming. They held the LI regional - but if you missed it you can attend the Connecticut or Jersey regional upcoming in 2 weeks.

We all know where the Brine event has gone when local coaches are involved in the selection process. What other events are out there.

There are local coaches involved in all event tryouts, if your child is talented, it doesn't matter who is evaluating. The showcases have various coaches from all over and even some local LI but at that point, it is playing and showing your talent.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The Brine Nationals are upcoming. They held the LI regional - but if you missed it you can attend the Connecticut or Jersey regional upcoming in 2 weeks.

We all know where the Brine event has gone when local coaches are involved in the selection process. What other events are out there.

There are local coaches involved in all event tryouts, if your child is talented, it doesn't matter who is evaluating. The showcases have various coaches from all over and even some local LI but at that point, it is playing and showing your talent.

Talented and/or knows right person!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]Isn't it too late for 2018s to registire for Jake Reed? Didn't you have to attend one of the 3d camps in January to be considered? No direct invites for 2018 age group. If I am wrong I would love to know.

Another camp I haven't heaard discussed here is Top Prospect. Any feedback on this one?

We went to Brine last summer (as a rising 8th). It was valuable experience on what to expeect at an all-star event. Also attended 3d a few weeks ago. Even if you don't expect to verbal as a freshman, attending some of these showcase style events at this age will help your boy prepare and know what to expect later on. Unfortunately, there is a lot of money spent already.

Yes it too late. You need to register for the 3d Blue Chip camp in the summer to get the invite to one of the regional camps. The camps were held in January for the Mid-Atlantic and Northeast. From the 5 camps, they pick 120 kids to go to the Jake Reed Nike Camp held in Maryland in the summer. Great experience…

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
no coaches at top prospect...some good instruction...this is really an extension of the Crab brand...

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
no coaches at top prospect...some good instruction...this is really an extension of the Crab brand...

4 day sleep away for $600+

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

We all know there is abundance of talent on LI. There are also some of the best teams in the country like Extreme, Terps, and others. When talking about the best players there are a number that come to mind. Some of the best and very good players have been lucky to be involved in the best programs on LI from an early age. No one team has all the best players because there are some who don't play travel and because there are so many travel teams the players get spread out. So on some of these elite teams there very good players that fit in to the system and they do well because they are surrounded be great players. These players because of their association with these elite teams reap the benefits and also the accolades. Are they good yes are they worthy of being selected to every showcase, no. So when a coach who makes a living on his travel team is involved in the selection process of course they select their player. There is a lot of money at stake here. It looks great at events when their helmets are all over the field. It only brands their product even more. Do good players get overlooked, all the time. If these events like Brine brought in unbiased evaluators there would be less favoritism and true showcase teams. Just my 2 cents and observations.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
There are try outs for both Extreme and Terps every year. There is turn over on each team every year...

I suspect there are always players that make a team that really aren't the best just like I suspect there are players that don't make it that really should.

That said, I think the guys running both those top programs want the best players on their teams so they can promote their brands. It just makes sense that the better the players they have, the more tournys they will win and the more lax players they can send off to college and promote on their websites...they are in a business and want to be successful to breed future enrollments...

So, appreciate your two cents, but from a business perspective your logic is flawed.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
There are try outs for both Extreme and Terps every year. There is turn over on each team every year...

I suspect there are always players that make a team that really aren't the best just like I suspect there are players that don't make it that really should.

That said, I think the guys running both those top programs want the best players on their teams so they can promote their brands. It just makes sense that the better the players they have, the more tournys they will win and the more lax players they can send off to college and promote on their websites...they are in a business and want to be successful to breed future enrollments...

So, appreciate your two cents, but from a business perspective your logic is flawed.

I totally agree with the business perspective. BUT, if you think there are “tryouts” for both of these teams, you are dreaming. Both teams are pick before tryouts. There maybe some movement between the two programs top teams and the “second” team, but they both are handpicked prior to anyone paying their $100 for tryouts…

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

How is it flawed we are talking showcases here. Ok tell me if scenario works for you. Player A from club X is better than player B from club Y. B's coach is an evaluator at a showcase and he picks his player over the better player. Its all about putting players in their program. More kids at showcase might convince a player from another team to come over to their program. How does being an evaluator where you can influence those that are chosen to play at Brine, Jake Reed, etc. not benifit you and your program. Makes big time sense to try and get more of your kids into the event. There are players that are better than many going to Brine who werent chosen and might not get the looks they deserve due to homerism. Now Coach and Directors can say we had 20 kids selected for Brine or whatever event/showcase on their website. Its plain and simple. If you dont see how this benifits your program and can make you more money I dont know how better to explain it to you.

There are players from other teams that coaches want but cant get because they are loyal to their club. Just ask the players who get the phone calls and promises on a regular basis from directors of other clubs. It happens all day long. Its very rare that the best players move around too often its the secondary players that move. There are many parents who are just happy to say they are affiliated with a certain team and have their kid ride the pine and only see time when the games are over and already won.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I totally agree with the business perspective. BUT, if you think there are “tryouts” for both of these teams, you are dreaming. Both teams are pick before tryouts. There maybe some movement between the two programs top teams and the “second” team, but they both are handpicked prior to anyone paying their $100 for tryouts…

You my friend are spot on. When players dont even need to tryout and are selected is proof of that. Many phone calls and pledges are made well before tryouts for these elite teams.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Couple of Questions about Brine Regional. I registered for the CT regional tryout b/c we missed the LI tryout.
1. Will my son be at a disatvantage b/c he is not "local"
2. It seems the next step in the selection process is to make it to a "pride Game" event however the regional pride games do not seem to draw from the CT tryout. Anyone have any info on this. Thank you.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Couple of Questions about Brine Regional. I registered for the CT regional tryout b/c we missed the LI tryout.
2. It seems the next step in the selection process is to make it to a "pride Game" event however the regional pride games do not seem to draw from the CT tryout. Anyone have any info on this. Thank you.

1. That is cFr the CT guys.
2. The Pride game is for the LI region to help evaluate the talent and pick final LI north and south teams if they do that this year.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What is cFr ?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What is cFr ?

For

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

1. That is cFr the CT guys.
2. The Pride game is for the LI region to help evaluate the talent and pick final LI north and south teams if they do that this year.

From experience they will try and pick the best players - plenty of LI kids on teams from other regions. The Pride games is for LI only as far as I know,

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
several regions have pride games - it is based on how large the regional tryout is. The CT tryout is a likely garnering an application pool to be able to whittle down to 23 at the 1st go.

Also, last year LI had two teams so I imagine the goal is to get to 46 total this year

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
My son attended Top Prospect last summer as a rising 8th grader. It was a good camp but not great. It is really an extension of the Baltimore Crabs program. There was some decent competition from Baltimore and Philadelphia predominantly. My son also attended the 3d Blue Chip camp. He felt that the competition and training was stronger there than at Top Prospect. They ran a fast paced system and did a lot of training. Lots of new concepts were thrown at the 8th graders. Things were run like a college practice and all of the kids went full speed all of the time. They were serious. Not all of the kids at Top Prospect were serious- some dogged it. The competition, while not uniform, was generally better at Blue Chip.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Was this the 3d Blue Chip camp that kids has to try out for in January? Where and when was it?

Thanks

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Trying to clarify individual showcase opportunities for the upcoming summer season. The below excludes local only events. Please add to the list if you are in the know of other events. All events include the 2018 graduating class.

I am aware of four invite/recommendation/tryout type camps/events available to 2018s this coming summer of 2014. These are camps that are selective, not for everybody. You need to apply and get accepted or get invited. You do not just enroll.

Jake Reed Nike Blue Chip - the only way to go is to have applied/been invited to the 3d Bluechip camps which occurred in Florida back in January. This is done. Invites for JR are being sent this week (by March 1st). – 2018 camp is scheduled for June 26-28.

Brine National Lacrosse Classic – this is a regional team event. You need to make the team for the region you tryout at. LI region tryout was back in December. For LI it is a two stage tryout with an upcoming Pride of LI game to finalize the roster. You can attend any region’s tryout and play for any region’s team. Therefore it is not too late to try and attend. The national event is June 30-July 3

Top Prospect Camp – individual camp catering to 2018s and 2019s. As previously mentioned run by Crabs. It appears they are still accepting applications. There are two session June 16-19 and July 7-10.

Top 205 Camp – 2018s are the youngest her as like JR this I rising freshman through rising seniors. They use a recommendation/application process similar to Top Prospect. This camp is June 27-30.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
nice review, thank you.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Trying to clarify individual showcase opportunities for the upcoming summer season. The below excludes local only events. Please add to the list if you are in the know of other events. All events include the 2018 graduating class.

I am aware of four invite/recommendation/tryout type camps/events available to 2018s this coming summer of 2014. These are camps that are selective, not for everybody. You need to apply and get accepted or get invited. You do not just enroll.

Jake Reed Nike Blue Chip - the only way to go is to have applied/been invited to the 3d Bluechip camps which occurred in Florida back in January. This is done. Invites for JR are being sent this week (by March 1st). – 2018 camp is scheduled for June 26-28.

Brine National Lacrosse Classic – this is a regional team event. You need to make the team for the region you tryout at. LI region tryout was back in December. For LI it is a two stage tryout with an upcoming Pride of LI game to finalize the roster. You can attend any region’s tryout and play for any region’s team. Therefore it is not too late to try and attend. The national event is June 30-July 3

Top Prospect Camp – individual camp catering to 2018s and 2019s. As previously mentioned run by Crabs. It appears they are still accepting applications. There are two session June 16-19 and July 7-10.

Top 205 Camp – 2018s are the youngest her as like JR this I rising freshman through rising seniors. They use a recommendation/application process similar to Top Prospect. This camp is June 27-30.

What about National 175.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

What about National 175.

I beleive that 175 is for Freshman (2017). You get to try next year.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

What about National 175.

No 2018 for the summer showcase.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Thought that was 2017 and up?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Nat 175 is a 1st come 1st serve event. Open enrollment. No recommendation or tryout or invite needed.

The Nat Bob Individual does not include the 2018 class

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Nat 175 is a 1st come 1st serve event. Open enrollment. No recommendation or tryout or invite needed.

The Nat Bob Individual does not include the 2018 class

The Nat 175 Spring Event for 2018,2017,2016, and 2015 says recommendation by coach when you apply. Need coaches recommendation I believe.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Anyone hear from Jake Reed yet?

They said notifications would be sent by March 1st. I would of expected to see some posts already.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The Nat 175 Summer Showcase - July 28 - 30 at RPI is not open for 2018 only for 2017 and older. The June 17 one day showcase in Connecticut is open to 2018.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Some may argue HS isn't the end result, I disagree. HS starts Monday. What districts have promoted 8th graders to JV through selective classification.

congratulations to those who will be moved up.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
WM never moves up 8th graders....

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Has anybody heard anything from Blue Chip???

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
We haven't

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Has anybody heard anything from Blue Chip???

Not that I'm aware of, my son is around many of the boys who went and no one has mentioned anything as of late.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
3D blue chip Announcements go out March 3rd-7th, they will notify you either way, make it or not. Blue chip said if you have not received an email by March 7th to contact them. Also to check spam. So no one has been told otherwise, be patient

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
We were told would be out by March 1st--from their email to families--

Invitations and Non-Invitations for Jake Reed's Nike Blue Chip Camp
We will be notifying all players of our decision, whether or not you have been invited to continue onto Jake Reed's Nike Blue Chip Summer Camp, by March 1st. We will be sending notification via email to the primary contact email address you have listed on your 3d Lacrosse account. If you have not heard from us by March 2nd, please feel free to contact us (gpiniciaro@3dlacrosse.com). Please note that we will not be releasing selection information prior to official notifications, and we will also not be providing individual player feedback as to our decisions.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Will they post the names of the kids who were picked any where publicly?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Our notice was the same. March 1st and please contact them on the 2nd if you haven't heard.

If they intend to notify week of March 3rd they should send a clarification.

On March 2nd they better be prepared to receive 1800 annoying emails from parents.

Will you send yours to Reed, Munro or both? smile

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Our notice was the same. March 1st and please contact them on the 2nd if you haven't heard.

On March 2nd they better be prepared to receive 1800 annoying emails from parents.

Neither, not really a big deal! I know my son will make it, I'm that confident! But in case he doesn't, oh well, there are other avenues.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Received our notice of not being invited. Just now. Congratulations to all that will be chosen. Good luck to all the Long Island boys.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
If you did 3d and were rejected by JR do you recommend trying for Top 205 or Nat 175?

Are these good options or just another flavor of the same money grab?

Page 21 of 47 1 2 19 20 21 22 23 46 47

Link Copied to Clipboard