Get it on Google Play
Get it on App Store
Get it on Google Play Get it on App Store
BACK OF THE CAGE
MOST RECENT POSTS
Girls 2024 Grads - Mid Atlantic Region
by Anonymous - 11/23/20 09:31 PM
Boys 2026 Grads - Mid Atlantic Region
by Anonymous - 11/23/20 08:06 PM
Girls 2025-8th Grade Fall 2020/Summer 2021
by Anonymous - 11/23/20 08:02 PM
Boys High School
by Anonymous - 11/23/20 07:44 PM
Long Island Yellow Jackets Lacrosse
by Anonymous - 11/23/20 07:09 PM
Forum Statistics
Forums19
Topics2,140
Posts277,497
Members2,224
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
SUBSCRIBE


FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 6 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Re: 2023 commits
Anonymous #53158 02/15/14 08:48 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
This arrogant guy really thinks he is better and smarter than
everyone else. Still didn't answer the question: what
makes you an authority on everything lacrosse? Did you play?
Ir are you basing everything on what you read in books about
Lacrosse. It must be lax for dummies, cause that's how
you sound. Or have you learned everything that's needed
from the vast experience of your 14 yr old child. Yep your the bully.
Game. Set. Match. Good night Irene. And with that
I shall sign off for last time. Bye bye bully.


Your last rant mplies that you've signed off before? Stick to your guns. You're the tough guy from the '80's. your new name will be Biff. (Named for the greatest has been bully of the '80's)
Please see YOUR original post regarding the toughness of your generation vs the softness and spoiled nature of this generation. I dint chime in until your boast prompted me to refute our silly statement. You couldn't say anything of substance nor come up with a substantiated argument for your toughness cause.

I will pronounce this thread a flatline wrt your inept attempts to further your inflamed opinions. No resuscitative attempt need be made. There actually is no game set or match; as it wasn't a fair match at all. I am a bully for picking on your inferior intellectual status. I apologize. (That means I'm sorry)
Please continue to go forward at the bowling alley with your pals reliving your amazing glory days and please never stop pontificating how great you were. Must be nice to be so great. And tough. And intimidating. (Your words).

(And my son is 16, btw, and I did infact play the game. 3 letter sports per year, Biff)

I will leave you to your thoughts of grandeur. I shan't miss you or this pitiful discourse.

Like Reply Quote
BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

Re: 2023 commits
Anonymous #53162 02/15/14 10:37 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
......my thought is that he never picked up stick prior to his current involvement

Like Reply Quote
Re: 2023 commits
Anonymous #53164 02/16/14 07:39 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
This arrogant guy really thinks he is better and smarter than
everyone else. Still didn't answer the question: what
makes you an authority on everything lacrosse? Did you play?
Ir are you basing everything on what you read in books about
Lacrosse. It must be lax for dummies, cause that's how
you sound. Or have you learned everything that's needed
from the vast experience of your 14 yr old child. Yep your the bully.
Game. Set. Match. Good night Irene. And with that
I shall sign off for last time. Bye bye bully.


Your last rant mplies that you've signed off before? Stick to your guns. You're the tough guy from the '80's. your new name will be Biff. (Named for the greatest has been bully of the '80's)
Please see YOUR original post regarding the toughness of your generation vs the softness and spoiled nature of this generation. I dint chime in until your boast prompted me to refute our silly statement. You couldn't say anything of substance nor come up with a substantiated argument for your toughness cause.

I will pronounce this thread a flatline wrt your inept attempts to further your inflamed opinions. No resuscitative attempt need be made. There actually is no game set or match; as it wasn't a fair match at all. I am a bully for picking on your inferior intellectual status. I apologize. (That means I'm sorry)
Please continue to go forward at the bowling alley with your pals reliving your amazing glory days and please never stop pontificating how great you were. Must be nice to be so great. And tough. And intimidating. (Your words).

(And my son is 16, btw, and I did infact play the game. 3 letter sports per year, Biff)

I will leave you to your thoughts of grandeur. I shan't miss you or this pitiful discourse.


For someone who claims to know everything, and sprinkle it with patronizing vocabulary, I would have thought you wold realize that there are THREE (had to spell it out for you) different posters calling you out on you rude, disrespectful and downright bizarre comments. I never signed out. Just back once again pointing out what a fool you are. I have not seen one post in support of your ridiculous comments. I think it is time for you to sign out. Please stop embarrassing yourself, I'm actually starting to feel sorry for you!

Like Reply Quote
Re: 2023 commits
Anonymous #53165 02/16/14 07:41 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
......my thought is that he never picked up stick prior to his current involvement


Agreed! And thanks for standing up to the bully! Scary there are people like him out there! So angry and Weird!

Like Reply Quote
Re: 2023 commits
Anonymous #53178 02/16/14 11:18 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
In the new vs old argument, consider this ...

If you account for (and equalize) the equipment in each era, who would you take:

1. Rob Pannell or Paul Rabil with a 1956 wood stick

OR

2. Jim Brown with a Rabil X (or Super Power).

Sorry, on this analysis, the old guy wins in the old era, and in the new era. Our boys are not any more highly evolved than the athletes back in the day. Better trained with an earlier focus, yes. But your kid isn't ever going to be Jim Brown. And he probably isn't going to be Rob Pannell or Paul Rabil either.

And honestly, you would probably not have let him play the "old version of the game" if you could see it first hand -- you are underestimating the size and speed of the guys who played long ago, and you are discounting toughness to a point that, back then, would have been deemed dangerously foolish. Anyway, have a read:
http://sportsillustrated.ca/vault/article/magazine/MAG1129606/index.htm

Like Reply Quote
Sponsored Links
Re: 2023 commits
Anonymous #53182 02/16/14 11:43 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
If he had ever really played the game he would no
be running his mouth this way. That's for sure.

Like Reply Quote
Re: 2023 commits
Anonymous #53184 02/16/14 12:44 PM
Joined: Oct 2010
Posts: 7,609
C
Back of THE CAGE
*
Offline
Back of THE CAGE
*
C
Joined: Oct 2010
Posts: 7,609
Originally Posted by Anonymous
And honestly, you would probably not have let him play the "old version of the game" if you could see it first hand -- you are underestimating the size and speed of the guys who played long ago, and you are discounting toughness to a point that, back then, would have been deemed dangerously foolish. Anyway, have a read:
http://sportsillustrated.ca/vault/article/magazine/MAG1129606/index.htm
Yes indeed, read the article and focus on the second paragraph and hear the words as written in 1955. Now, think whether this writing would be acceptable in 2014. Sixty years represents a great deal of time; cultural aspects change over time.

So too, the game changes - all games change. Comparing football, baseball, basketball, and hockey across generations has widely been recognized as an exercise in futility in both sports radio and print media. Equipment changes, preparation changs, and style of play changes. The best we can do is argue for the best in a particular era - compared with others from that era.

Let's take this discussion back to now. It makes no difference whatsoever whether player A from the 1980s was better than player B from the 2010s - much less player C from 1955. Time moves forward and so too the game.

Like Reply Quote
Re: 2023 commits
Anonymous #53756 03/01/14 12:10 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I heard there is a 3rd grader on the Express that Johns Hopkins is looking at.

Like Reply Quote
Re: 2023 commits
Anonymous #53760 03/01/14 05:50 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
LOL!!

Like Reply Quote
Re: 2023 commits
Anonymous #53762 03/01/14 06:57 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
I heard there is a 3rd grader on the Express that Johns Hopkins is looking at.


If this is true this is outrageous both the parents and the college coaches should be ashamed of themselves, this is so typical of the express to promote their players like this.

Like Reply Quote
Sponsored Links
Re: 2023 commits
Anonymous #53768 03/01/14 10:27 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
I heard there is a 3rd grader on the Express that Johns Hopkins is looking at.


If this is true this is outrageous both the parents and the college coaches should be ashamed of themselves, this is so typical of the express to promote their players like this.


LOL!!!!

Like Reply Quote
Re: 2023 commits
Anonymous #53776 03/02/14 07:09 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Wow this person doesn't get sarcasm.
Lighten up!!!!!

Like Reply Quote
Re: 2023 commits
Anonymous #53777 03/02/14 08:30 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Wow this person doesn't get sarcasm.
Lighten up!!!!!


to whom are you referring, the original post that was anything but original? the reply that was clearly written by a sarcastic person who "get's it"?

It will suck for you when you look in the mirror today and realize "wow, i don't get sarcasm, I need to lighten up!!!!!!!"

Like Reply Quote
Re: 2023 commits
Anonymous #53781 03/02/14 09:10 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
With help from local scientists Team 91 has successfully engineered a genetically superior embryo that is being auctioned to the highest D1 bidder, no parents attached.

Like Reply Quote
Re: 2023 commits
Anonymous #53793 03/02/14 11:45 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
With help from local scientists Team 91 has successfully engineered a genetically superior embryo that is being auctioned to the highest D1 bidder, no parents attached.


I am sure there are some LI parents who would want to buy this embryo also ($$ well spent from what I hear) You know, the ones that held their kid back in Pre-K for that 'athletic' advantage......yes, we ALL know what you did wink - Maybe they will do an eBay auction on this

Like Reply Quote
Page 6 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled


Link Copied to Clipboard
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 7.7.4