BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,814
Posts387,835
Members2,608
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rating: 1
Page 94 of 220 1 2 92 93 94 95 96 219 220
Re: Long Island Top Guns Lacrosse
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
t
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by CageSage
Found the following embedded in your previous response.

To inflict a penalty( not helping or worse purposely hurting a recruit) in retaliation for the perceived commission of an offense ( being critical) is punishment.
Offering recruiting help is not something that we have seen on any club's recruiting flyer to date. BOTC believes that too many lacrosse families are relegating this role to the club directors which is leading to this idea of punishment and retaliation. Parents are expecting a service which was never explicitly promised.

The fact is that unless you signed something with your club that said that part of your tuition was being directed towards recruiting support, this is likely something not guaranteed. Therefore, a player cannot be "punished" by not receiving a service not promised.

Our solution here is quite simple : Let the club director's run their clubs and the right support for your child will flow. If you are unhappy with your club (which should be known well before the recruiting ages), find another option.

Parents are always the best advocates for their children. Direct that effort to guiding a college communications campaign with your child rather than working over the club coaches.

So I guess a coach cannot use playing time as a punishment because you never signed something in regard to playing time. The actual fact is if your club is not doing something to help you with the recruiting process your club is failing you.Further if a coach or club owner does nothing to help a child because they do not like something about that kids parent they are punishing that child
Truth is the club is helping you by selecting you to lay for the club and allowing you to represent them in front of college coaches at tournament. Wether the coach/director tells you if a college asked about your player is not part of any contract, for any club on L.I. Most coaches will tell the player, and say something nice, but the leg work must still be done by you. You sound like one of those parents that think your responsibility/ work ends when you sign the check. Unless your kid is a blue chip (and I'm sure you think your kid is, but isn't) your kid has to send e-mails, make phone calls , make visits, and attend camps/clinics.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
t

To inflict a penalty( not helping or worse purposely hurting a recruit) in retaliation for the perceived commission of an offense ( being critical) is punishment.
Offering recruiting help is not something that we have seen on any club's recruiting flyer to date. BOTC believes that too many lacrosse families are relegating this role to the club directors which is leading to this idea of punishment and retaliation. Parents are expecting a service which was never explicitly promised.

The fact is that unless you signed something with your club that said that part of your tuition was being directed towards recruiting support, this is likely something not guaranteed. Therefore, a player cannot be "punished" by not receiving a service not promised.

Our solution here is quite simple : Let the club director's run their clubs and the right support for your child will flow. If you are unhappy with your club (which should be known well before the recruiting ages), find another option.

Parents are always the best advocates for their children. Direct that effort to guiding a college communications campaign with your child rather than working over the club coaches.

So I guess a coach cannot use playing time as a punishment because you never signed something in regard to playing time. The actual fact is if your club is not doing something to help you with the recruiting process your club is failing you.Further if a coach or club owner does nothing to help a child because they do not like something about that kids parent they are punishing that child
Truth is the club is helping you by selecting you to lay for the club and allowing you to represent them in front of college coaches at tournament. Wether the coach/director tells you if a college asked about your player is not part of any contract, for any club on L.I. Most coaches will tell the player, and say something nice, but the leg work must still be done by you. You sound like one of those parents that think your responsibility/ work ends when you sign the check. Unless your kid is a blue chip (and I'm sure you think your kid is, but isn't) your kid has to send e-mails, make phone calls , make visits, and attend camps/clinics.

Thanks for assuming you know anything about my kid , I guess we both must be wrong because I assume your kid is below average and you feel the need to kiss your coaches butt and talk badly about her teammates . Sounds to me like you need to do a lot of work to get your kid noticed by any college coach. Send all the emails and do all the leg work you want if your kid is below average it does not matter .

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
t

Exactly...and these parents will blame the coaches and directors for wherever their kid doesn't end up. They'll throw some blame on the HS coach too, why not?

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
OP Offline
Back of THE CAGE
t

Exactly...and these parents will blame the coaches and directors for wherever their kid doesn't end up. They'll throw some blame on the HS coach too, why not?

I always considered the recruiting process as a marketing scheme with my kid as the product. That's essentially what you're doing, selling a coach on your kid. My lax kid is my last, so I've done this in three different sports now. I never expected the club coaches to do much other than vouch for my kid when asked. I've found the clubs do provide detailed guidelines of what sort of contact to make with prospective colleges and when, and also the NCAA guidelines by which the colleges must abide. The clubs did make calls when asked but not with the same urgency and persistance that would come from a athlete.

The whole recruiting process is incrediblly stressful all around, it just adds more agita to the already-present stress of choosing a college and maybe even a major. It's a lot.

I really dislike the whole "commit in 10th grade,' (or earlier!) aspect currently present in lax. Back in the aughts, my daughter's lax friends commited during the beginning of senior year, maybe the summer before. Normal. Now, six years later, it's a completely different landscape and not for the better, IMO. But that's a rant for another day.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I have been on the sideline for many SS games that BS was in attendance, don't know if he ever missed any game she played. And your right, he was your typical loud, obnoxious lacrosse parent, a typical YJ parent. No better and no worse than all the rest.This would be a great sport if we could rid of the parents.

Maybe this explains why the TG parets are the way they are..... If the people leading the club have these behavioral traits, then they are encouraging the club parents to do the same. What a shame. There are other clubs out there that dont condone these actions.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I have been on the sideline for many SS games that BS was in attendance, don't know if he ever missed any game she played. And your right, he was your typical loud, obnoxious lacrosse parent, a typical YJ parent. No better and no worse than all the rest.This would be a great sport if we could rid of the parents.

Maybe this explains why the TG parets are the way they are..... If the people leading the club have these behavioral traits, then they are encouraging the club parents to do the same. What a shame. There are other clubs out there that dont condone these actions.

The bad parental behavior is not because of any club's directors. It starts way before that, and it's in every club, and every town. Some are worse than others, but it's everywhere. By the way, BS might get worked up on the sidelines once in a while, but he blasts parents for bad behavior, he doesn't condone it. He sent an email once telling parents to shut their mouths...that's not condoning it. It's the old "do as I say, not as I do".

Last edited by CageSage; . Reason: Formatting Changes
Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
OP Offline
Back of THE CAGE

No one condones these actions, and every club has crazies. End of story.

Last edited by CageSage; . Reason: Formatting Changes
Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

The bad parental behavior is not because of any club's directors. It starts way before that, and it's in every club, and every town. Some are worse than others, but it's everywhere. By the way, BS might get worked up on the sidelines once in a while, but he blasts parents for bad behavior, he doesn't condone it. He sent an email once telling parents to shut their mouths...that's not condoning it. It's the old "do as I say, not as I do".

Good leaders = lead by example. I would just leave it at that.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Last thing a club coach or adminstrator should do is misrepresent a bad situation (parents count) to a college coach. Hurts all the girls yet to come because the coach/admin no longer has credibility in the eyes of the affected college coach. Parents need to shut up if they really want to help their kids.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Last thing a club coach or adminstrator should do is misrepresent a bad situation (parents count) to a college coach. Hurts all the girls yet to come because the coach/admin no longer has credibility in the eyes of the affected college coach. Parents need to shut up if they really want to help their kids.

Amen!

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Nice job by TG at inline,was waiting for next game and got to watch your TG team beat a weak town team by a score of something around 28-3. Great sportsmanship showed , I especially like the way you were doubling the ball near the end of the game and the multiple yellow cards for sticks to the head. How many shots do you need to rocket off the opposing goalie before you tell the kids to pull it back a little.To the Riverhead parent that wanted to fight the TG coach , you need to calm down a little but you should have been mad at your own coach , once the TG kids got their 3 card for playing like thugs and hit that poor goalie with about 10 shots she should have just removed the kids from the field and called it a day. Nothing good was coming out of that game for either side.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Nice job by TG at inline,was waiting for next game and got to watch your TG team beat a weak town team by a score of something around 28-3. Great sportsmanship showed , I especially like the way you were doubling the ball near the end of the game and the multiple yellow cards for sticks to the head. How many shots do you need to rocket off the opposing goalie before you tell the kids to pull it back a little.To the Riverhead parent that wanted to fight the TG coach , you need to calm down a little but you should have been mad at your own coach , once the TG kids got their 3 card for playing like thugs and hit that poor goalie with about 10 shots she should have just removed the kids from the field and called it a day. Nothing good was coming out of that game for either side.

Top Guns is becoming more like the Yellow Jackets every day and not in a good way.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What age group was this game? I am curious to know if this was a TG coached team or a parent filling in for them?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What age group was this game? I am curious to know if this was a TG coached team or a parent filling in for them?

Not sure but the chairman of the board was there himself so easily could have put an end to the beating .No exaggeration I think the score differential was 25 goals and they were doubling the ball and attacking the goal .Add in 3 or 4 yellow cards and a goalie getting hit 10 plus times and it was ridiculous . Be proud TG another great victory.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Top Guns is becoming more like the Yellow Jackets every day and not in a good way.

There are many things a coach can and should do in games like these. Play off hand, give away the draw, three passes, quick stick only shots. I am sure the winning team kids and parents are just as upset as the losing team. Very bad job by inline pairing these teams but sometimes the blame goes on the coach or director of the team in over their heads. I have no problem with a team doubling on defense in a blow out. Even at tournaments these mismatches are a problem all too often.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Not sure but the chairman of the board was there himself so easily could have put an end to the beating .No exaggeration I think the score differential was 25 goals and they were doubling the ball and attacking the goal .Add in 3 or 4 yellow cards and a goalie getting hit 10 plus times and it was ridiculous . Be proud TG another great victory.

Same exact thing we saw CR do to a Kings Park team last Monday night at KK. It was 20-3 around half time, and they stopped keeping score, but the beating continued. That's the director dishing out the beating herself! Happens with many different teams, and many programs, so unless you're new to the scene, and just learning, don't make it like this is a TG issue!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You are such a child "they did it first" . The person who posted it was posting something they witnessed and not comparing YJ and TG which seems that you TG people obsess over. You know so much about the KP YJ game , what ages, yellow cards, just curious?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You are such a child "they did it first" . The person who posted it was posting something they witnessed and not comparing YJ and TG which seems that you TG people obsess over. You know so much about the KP YJ game , what ages, yellow cards, just curious?

I never said "they did it first". That person felt the need to come to the TG thread, and make it sound like that game is typical for TG, and described how horrible it was. My point was that I just happened to witness the same exact thing with another program, which happened to be the YJ's. I've witnessed it more than once with both TG and YJ. It happens. I'd never go out of my way to report it on the YJ thread. It happens a lot. Doesn't make it right, but it's certainly not big news for either program, and it happens with other programs, boys & girls! It's a varsity division, and I don't know about yellow cards. Who cares? My daughter's town team was getting beat up on the other field, so we turned around and watched some of the YJ KP game. That's all. No big deal, but same scenario...

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
the kings park game was 2018 yj (which is 8th graders) vs kings park varsity squad. yj switched to oppostite hands, stopped keeping score and worked on alot of plays. many involved over 10 passes before a shot was fired.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
the kings park game was 2018 yj (which is 8th graders) vs kings park varsity squad. yj switched to oppostite hands, stopped keeping score and worked on alot of plays. many involved over 10 passes before a shot was fired.

KP was a mixed squad ranging from 8th grade and up, and what you're describing is not how we saw it. Whatever makes you feel good about yourself.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
not exactly the same scenario as TG middle school team playing a town middle school team , running up the score , doubling the ball while up by 25 plus goals and playing thug ball collecting yellow card after yellow card. The good news at least when the TG coach was confronted he backed down from the fight which is at least a step in the right direction.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
not exactly the same scenario as TG middle school team playing a town middle school team , running up the score , doubling the ball while up by 25 plus goals and playing thug ball collecting yellow card after yellow card. The good news at least when the TG coach was confronted he backed down from the fight which is at least a step in the right direction.

Not exactly the same, but close enough to prove the point that it happens a lot, with various programs, coaches, and directors. If you stick around, you'll see it again. Move on already!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Not exactly the same, but close enough to prove the point that it happens a lot, with various programs, coaches, and directors. If you stick around, you'll see it again. Move on already!

I do not think I will move along, TG , YJ , whoever is running it up should be ashamed of themselves.I can handle the score differential but when its obviously going to be lopsided getting yellow cards for sticks to the head and doubling the ball is ridiculous. These winter leagues should also know enough to stop keeping the score at 10 plus goals.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I do not think I will move along, TG , YJ , whoever is running it up should be ashamed of themselves.I can handle the score differential but when its obviously going to be lopsided getting yellow cards for sticks to the head and doubling the ball is ridiculous. These winter leagues should also know enough to stop keeping the score at 10 plus goals.

O.K. Got It! Thanks...

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I agree with you 100% on all of what you just said, so I'm going to move on!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

coaches who obnoxiously run up the score - not good.

parents who try to assault the obnoxious coach - also not good. not worth the jail time.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Perhaps the coach of the weaker team should also not put their team in that division, but work on stick and game skills in practice sessions as many of these teams do in the off season. Not condoning the score at all, but the coaches are also responsible for where they place the team and to let the directors know their skill level so games can be scheduled accordingly. For the Dad who thought he would be the hero by threatening the TG coach, if your team is weak get used to those games especially if it is tournament season. Coming from the coaching side at times it can be hard to pull girls back when they are used to that level of play. This is a NO WIN situation for both teams and they never should have been matched up!!!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Perhaps the coach of the weaker team should also not put their team in that division, but work on stick and game skills in practice sessions as many of these teams do in the off season. Not condoning the score at all, but the coaches are also responsible for where they place the team and to let the directors know their skill level so games can be scheduled accordingly. For the Dad who thought he would be the hero by threatening the TG coach, if your team is weak get used to those games especially if it is tournament season. Coming from the coaching side at times it can be hard to pull girls back when they are used to that level of play. This is a NO WIN situation for both teams and they never should have been matched up!!!

Exactly!

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
OP Offline
Back of THE CAGE
Every winter league I've ever been in has lopsided divisions. It's one of the things that make me not like winter leagues. My daughter's HS fields a varsity and JV team in winter league but there are never enough players so it's always a mix of 8th - 12th graders, and more ofent than not we're playing teams composed of a broad mix as well. At least our league is all school teams because I'd hate for our mixed-level HS team to come up against a HS-level club team, yet that's where club teams find themselves. It's a crap sitaution.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Powderfinger
Every winter league I've ever been in has lopsided divisions. It's one of the things that make me not like winter leagues. My daughter's HS fields a varsity and JV team in winter league but there are never enough players so it's always a mix of 8th - 12th graders, and more ofent than not we're playing teams composed of a broad mix as well. At least our league is all school teams because I'd hate for our mixed-level HS team to come up against a HS-level club team, yet that's where club teams find themselves. It's a crap sitaution.

Agreed Powder. I really do not see much benefit to these indoor leagues for lax. Daughter played last year and did not find it very helpful for the spring season. They are typically unbalanced in terms of the talent and team level, they don't have the actual coaches coaching the teams in some instances, and it does not simulate the outdoor experience. While girls do get stick time and catching and throwing they could do the same practicing with their own team in an indoor facility. A scrimmage outside against another team once in awhile if the weather settles a bit would be better. The winter is for one thing only. Training. That's how parents/coaches need to view it. Running around aimlessly for 60 mins and not having girls work on their weaker hand, scooping correctly, switching hands, moving off the ball correctly is what they should be focusing on. Not scores.

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
OP Offline
Back of THE CAGE

Agreed Powder. I really do not see much benefit to these indoor leagues for lax. Daughter played last year and did not find it very helpful for the spring season. They are typically unbalanced in terms of the talent and team level, they don't have the actual coaches coaching the teams in some instances, and it does not simulate the outdoor experience. While girls do get stick time and catching and throwing they could do the same practicing with their own team in an indoor facility. A scrimmage outside against another team once in awhile if the weather settles a bit would be better. The winter is for one thing only. Training. That's how parents/coaches need to view it. Running around aimlessly for 60 mins and not having girls work on their weaker hand, scooping correctly, switching hands, moving off the ball correctly is what they should be focusing on. Not scores.

Agree 100%.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Agree 100%.

TG should have done exactly what they did for the first half of winter at Coastal. Inline is a total waste of time.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Agree 100%.

TG should have done exactly what they did for the first half of winter at Coastal. Inline is a total waste of time.

Next year...

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Adults are such idiots. Bet daddy tough guy really drove his point home to the middle school girls subjected to watching this nonsense. Congrats.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I have seen and played that TG team at in line and honestly they are not well coached. Not a lot of passing going on and have some girls struggling w the basics. Seems their main game plan is to run fake plays that are actually isolations for the kid w the ball.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I have seen and played that TG team at in line and honestly they are not well coached. Not a lot of passing going on and have some girls struggling w the basics. Seems their main game plan is to run fake plays that are actually isolations for the kid w the ball.

what team? Year and color?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

More importantly, what team does his/her daughter play for? If it his such a strong team with such a great coach maybe i will look into having my daughter try out for the team.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

More importantly, what team does his/her daughter play for? If it his such a strong team with such a great coach maybe i will look into having my daughter try out for the team.

You are likely looking at a strong group of players who are playing at inline with a parent whose only roll is to keep the sub lines rotating. TGs coaches are almost exclusively current or recent college players, who are currently away at school. Obvious pros and cons to this model of coaching, in some cases the girls make an incredible bond with these coaches, sometimes not. I am a fan of mature adult coaches as well, so long as there is no mommy/daddy connection. In any event, you can't ask these girls to stop doubling, stop playing defense and let the other team to goal, its not a part of their DNA, and that is even more embarrassing for the other team. Learn from it, careful where you place your teams, and move on.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Just saw this same coach, coach a team and verse a yellow jacket team. ALL of the girls, coaches and parents could not have been more supportive and appropriate through what amounted to be a very good and intense game. It was a wonderfully refreshing reminder to see that great play and behavior is not the exception.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Just saw this same coach, coach a team and verse a yellow jacket team. ALL of the girls, coaches and parents could not have been more supportive and appropriate through what amounted to be a very good and intense game. It was a wonderfully refreshing reminder to see that great play and behavior is not the exception.

Have to say my daughters town team played the team you are talking about and they showed great sportsmanship. They could have won by 25 but practiced shooting with their off hand and when cutting to the cage only faked a shot and then passed to a teammate. They never played keep away which is a good thing because the girls find that very demoralizing. Good job and thanks!

Like Reply Quote
Page 94 of 220 1 2 92 93 94 95 96 219 220
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Link Copied to Clipboard