BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,814
Posts387,892
Members2,608
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rating: 1
Page 90 of 220 1 2 88 89 90 91 92 219 220
Re: Long Island Top Guns Lacrosse
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
It looks like many new TG parents have found this site, welcome! One thing to note is that this anonymous posting gets obnoxious from both people from your club and certainly from people from other clubs that are just looking to stir things up. Some of the negative posts about the training are no doubt from parents from other clubs and were not even there. Rest assured this new winter clinic idea is as good as it gets. I wish they ran it for 2 hours or twice a week.

As good as it gets , get over yourself. Pick who you believe are the top 5 players in the age group and ask for their honest opinion if that's as good as it gets. Hopefully the purple keeps practicing together with the black for the whole year that way the kids can just switch back and forth on the teams because we all know everybody is equal , except for the kid who gets to pick the team they play on.

Can't speak for the other four, but yeah, it is very good. Look at other camps, clinics and training alternatives. Here you have the black and purple team playing together, the teams were selected and man weaker players were passed on by the club. What you have left is a cross section of average talent that far exceeds all but a very very few select invitational high school girl camps. Between all my daughters I have been to many and most camps and clinics out there, they accept any and all comers with cash in hand. This is true of all TG and YJ camps as well. This is not the blue team practicing with the 7th or 8th team in the age group, its the first team with second and half the second team roster are better than the bottom half of first.

Doesn't sound like they did a very good job at tryouts if 50% were misplaced.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
To All the 6th grade Parents of Superstars remember Children mature at different rates and their interest in something can change very quickly. Watch your child play hope they keep to improve.There is a good chance your Daughter may not be the Star when they enter High School.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
A good chance?? cmon

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
To All the 6th grade Parents of Superstars remember Children mature at different rates and their interest in something can change very quickly. Watch your child play hope they keep to improve.There is a good chance your Daughter may not be the Star when they enter High School.

Can the 2020 bashing get moved to the 2020 girls thread please! Enough already

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Shes' not really playing up, she was held back a year to giver her an advantage. now its backfiring

It looks like many new TG parents have found this site, welcome! One thing to note is that this anonymous posting gets obnoxious from both people from your club and certainly from people from other clubs that are just looking to stir things up. Some of the negative posts about the training are no doubt from parents from other clubs and were not even there. Rest assured this new winter clinic idea is as good as it gets. I wish they ran it for 2 hours or twice a week.

As good as it gets , get over yourself. Pick who you believe are the top 5 players in the age group and ask for their honest opinion if that's as good as it gets. Hopefully the purple keeps practicing together with the black for the whole year that way the kids can just switch back and forth on the teams because we all know everybody is equal , except for the kid who gets to pick the team they play on.

Enough all ready about this kid that is playing up. I have never seen this kid but from what I hear she is legit. The only issue with her playing up is when she gets to 11th grade and moves down to play on grade for her final year she will bump a player off the black team that may have been playing on that team for years. Two ways to look at it....Let her play up now prolonging the inevitable or move her down now and put the last kid on the roster to purple....

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Shes' not really playing up, she was held back a year to giver her an advantage. now its backfiring

Enough all ready about this kid that is playing up. I have never seen this kid but from what I hear she is legit. The only issue with her playing up is when she gets to 11th grade and moves down to play on grade for her final year she will bump a player off the black team that may have been playing on that team for years. Two ways to look at it....Let her play up now prolonging the inevitable or move her down now and put the last kid on the roster to purple....

Why do you care

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
"Shes' not really playing up, she was held back a year to giver her an advantage. now its backfiring"

Seriously are you this much of a loser. There are several kids on the 2020 team who are so called hold backs why single out this kid.So many problems would be avoided if the teams were made on an age based system. US lacrosse is such an impotent ruling body it will never happen.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
"Shes' not really playing up, she was held back a year to giver her an advantage. now its backfiring"

Seriously are you this much of a loser. There are several kids on the 2020 team who are so called hold backs why single out this kid.So many problems would be avoided if the teams were made on an age based system. US lacrosse is such an impotent ruling body it will never happen.

This girl gets some much attention on this thread and the YJ thread its unbelievable. I know her well and think she rocks, she plays the game the right way and I love that everyone is so jealous of her they can't stop talking about her. Want your daughter to be the #1 of her age group? Careful what you wish for cause everyone on here will start ripping her apart, nice job people.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

This girl gets some much attention on this thread and the YJ thread its unbelievable. I know her well and think she rocks, she plays the game the right way and I love that everyone is so jealous of her they can't stop talking about her. Want your daughter to be the #1 of her age group? Careful what you wish for cause everyone on here will start ripping her apart, nice job people.

Are you this much of a moron , that's why people have issues , when you make comments about being best in age group you invite comments back about her actual age group or the one in which she is older than everyone else.

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE

Are you this much of a moron , that's why people have issues , when you make comments about being best in age group you invite comments back about her actual age group or the one in which she is older than everyone else.
This now ends the discussion of this individual player. The conversation has gotten by far too personal and no further posts on the topic of this individual player will be permitted.

Next topic.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by CageSage

This now ends the discussion of this individual player. The conversation has gotten by far too personal and no further posts on the topic of this individual player will be permitted.

Next topic.

Thank you Sage!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Another great display of sportsmanship by our TG 2020 age group. Seems the players are learning from the coaches, too funny instead of coaches yelling at refs you now have 11 year old players yelling at coaches.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Another great display of sportsmanship by our TG 2020 age group. Seems the players are learning from the coaches, too funny instead of coaches yelling at refs you now have 11 year old players yelling at coaches.

What happened

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Without getting too specific you have kids on that team imitating parents and coaches out of control behavior ,and please no more condoning it because you see it all the time.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Your out of touch, good drills and cost is resonable.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You either were not there or are wasted!

I was at the 2017's. Thought it was organized and good for all the players

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Been to quite a few of these workshops and trainings, including DLT (boys and girls), the HUB, other Top Guns and the like. Have to not just disagree, but disagree vehemently. Not sure where you were or what you were watching, but I went in to see what was going on, thinking that SS was coaching only the better team. Pleasantly surprised to see the girls mixed and distinct, solid stations that rotated on a timed schedule. Virtually every kid got some kind of comment, whether a compliment or a constructive instruction. During the scrimmages, they were set up so that the subs were minimal, ensuring each girl received plenty of field time. No going to cage, but rather tight space passing and encouraged ball movement. I am NOT a TG cheerleader, rest assured, if I was unhappy, no problem in sharing. For anyone who participated in last year's workshops with SS and TG, last night was vastly improved and superior. For $17 a session, with that kind of attention, no downside. One sidenote, based on the comments so far, if you really feel your child is that superior, I share/paraphrase an oft-quoted coaching philosophy -- a good player plays well, a great player make other players play well. Have a good night.

Wow powerful stuff, vehemently disagree, lol. Try and do the math ,70 kids times 17 equals 1190, take away facility fee of 250 an hour and you get someone earning over 900 an hour to instruct lacrosse , that's reasonable. I guess you are one of those that believe all teams should be equal, no top team.

Did we join a non profit organization?

$100 was not excessive. I suspect you would not be happy, even if it was free!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Without getting too specific you have kids on that team imitating parents and coaches out of control behavior ,and please no more condoning it because you see it all the time.

I was there and I have no idea what you are talking about.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Treat this comment for the bull s... It is. Just a schmuck stirring the pot. Nice try.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Oh good lord!! Mind your own business and worry about yourself!! Stop stirring the pot for no reason!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

obsessed stalker.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Go ahead come on here and deny there was any issue with one of the 2020 kids mouthing off to the coach during the game , back me into a corner to get more specific and it will be on you people who refuse to admit a problem when it is staring you in the face. I do not blame the kid and do not believe it appropriate to single the kid out because this is the behavior she has seen from her TG daddy coaches. I also believe her behavior was addressed by AS which was good to see.The point is when you condone poor behavior by the TG daddy coaches over and over what do you expect from the kids. It's not good enough anymore that it happens in every club excuse I believe we should expect more.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Go ahead come on here and deny there was any issue with one of the 2020 kids mouthing off to the coach during the game , back me into a corner to get more specific and it will be on you people who refuse to admit a problem when it is staring you in the face. I do not blame the kid and do not believe it appropriate to single the kid out because this is the behavior she has seen from her TG daddy coaches. I also believe her behavior was addressed by AS which was good to see.The point is when you condone poor behavior by the TG daddy coaches over and over what do you expect from the kids. It's not good enough anymore that it happens in every club excuse I believe we should expect more.

It sounds like you have a kid on the team.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Dude really....find a new home man. Your found out!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Go away...your act is tired and played out.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Its very disheartening reading the top gun forum. My daughter really enjoyed her self last year. Is this how you feel or your child feels about there team mates and how clinic and camps are run. Or how old someone is on the team and what the coach does or doesn't do. It makes it hard for me to think my child could learn anything but how not to act in this kind of environment. I hope some people can take a step back and see what they are saying and doing. I hope someone from top gun reads this and adjust the direction this group is heading. It is only going to get worse.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Its very disheartening reading the top gun forum. My daughter really enjoyed her self last year. Is this how you feel or your child feels about there team mates and how clinic and camps are run. Or how old someone is on the team and what the coach does or doesn't do. It makes it hard for me to think my child could learn anything but how not to act in this kind of environment. I hope some people can take a step back and see what they are saying and doing. I hope someone from top gun reads this and adjust the direction this group is heading. It is only going to get worse.

It is funny that you say that. When we were looking at teams for my daughter this year we had heard about this issue with the parents/coaches and had actually seen some of it first hand at a tournament last year. When we thought about having her tryout for TG she herself (an 11 year old) said she didnt want to go because of the feeling she got from them last year. They lost to one of the teams and beat the other team at their Hofstra tournament and my daughter said the parents were yelling at the kids when they were losing and that the kids themselves did not display "good sportmanship" when they were losing and when they lost. While we did see some of this as well it was overly apparent to an 11 year old girl - wheich really says it all. And you are right, it all starts at the top with the people running the program, the coaches and the parents. Learning the game is important - but what is more important is what you learn around the game (teamwork, sportsmanship, unity, etc.) and these are the values you will take with you way beyond your lacrosse career which will end at age 21. The lack of all these values are clearly displayed on this website everyday by TG parents - calling out kids and coaches and teammates and complaining about the program directors and clinics, etc. There are other clubs out there that teach far more than just lacrosse and I am glad that we have found one.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Unfortunately no matter where our children go whether it be school, any sport including lacrosse they are going to be exposed to all kinds of craziness. I use it as an opportunity to remind my child how they should not act.

This year my child was moved from a black team to a purple, she was initially upset which I realize was more about the friends she made than a color, I said to her work hard and have a better tryout next year. Thinking about it further I said work hard during the summer because she felt she had a good tryout and I being unsure said my thinking is that if you had such a good summer I doubt a 1 1/2 hour tryout would have made the change. She agreed and moved on.

Only to hear from another of her friends that also moved down to a white team that her parents complained to Bill Smith and this girl was suddenly moved to purple, as her parents insisted on her going. Now this was hard to explain to my child that yes inappropriate but life is full of politics and crazy people.

What the directors should realize in making these choices is that 13 year old girls will talk and make them look silly. The directors should not make choices based on crazy parents contacting them.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

It is funny that you say that. When we were looking at teams for my daughter this year we had heard about this issue with the parents/coaches and had actually seen some of it first hand at a tournament last year. When we thought about having her tryout for TG she herself (an 11 year old) said she didnt want to go because of the feeling she got from them last year. They lost to one of the teams and beat the other team at their Hofstra tournament and my daughter said the parents were yelling at the kids when they were losing and that the kids themselves did not display "good sportmanship" when they were losing and when they lost. While we did see some of this as well it was overly apparent to an 11 year old girl - wheich really says it all. And you are right, it all starts at the top with the people running the program, the coaches and the parents. Learning the game is important - but what is more important is what you learn around the game (teamwork, sportsmanship, unity, etc.) and these are the values you will take with you way beyond your lacrosse career which will end at age 21. The lack of all these values are clearly displayed on this website everyday by TG parents - calling out kids and coaches and teammates and complaining about the program directors and clinics, etc. There are other clubs out there that teach far more than just lacrosse and I am glad that we have found one.

The same exact things are said about the YJ organization on this website...My daughter felt the exact way about never wanting to tryout for the YJ's after playing against them, and even playing with them, during some training sessions. Everyone has their own opinions, and none of them are 100% accurate.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

We are glad too! Have a nice time.

It only takes a few apples to spoil the whole bunch. From what I have seen so far, nothing but good to say about the Smith's. If there is a problem with Ind. coaches, let them know and if nothing is done over time then you have a gripe.

We all have choices in life. I am sure the other team you went to is perfect.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Unfortunately no matter where our children go whether it be school, any sport including lacrosse they are going to be exposed to all kinds of craziness. I use it as an opportunity to remind my child how they should not act.

This year my child was moved from a black team to a purple, she was initially upset which I realize was more about the friends she made than a color, I said to her work hard and have a better tryout next year. Thinking about it further I said work hard during the summer because she felt she had a good tryout and I being unsure said my thinking is that if you had such a good summer I doubt a 1 1/2 hour tryout would have made the change. She agreed and moved on.

Only to hear from another of her friends that also moved down to a white team that her parents complained to Bill Smith and this girl was suddenly moved to purple, as her parents insisted on her going. Now this was hard to explain to my child that yes inappropriate but life is full of politics and crazy people.

What the directors should realize in making these choices is that 13 year old girls will talk and make them look silly. The directors should not make choices based on crazy parents contacting them.

Talk to your child again. The lesson to be learned here is the squeaky wheel gets the oil. This is true in lacrosse, the job, the school. Most situations. So become squeaky or learn to live with unfairness.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

The same exact things are said about the YJ organization on this website...My daughter felt the exact way about never wanting to tryout for the YJ's after playing against them, and even playing with them, during some training sessions. Everyone has their own opinions, and none of them are 100% accurate.

Amen

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

How do you know TG parents are making the ANONYMOUS posts? Surely there are many non TG folks stirring the pot. Go on the other clubs threads and the comments are equally ridiculous at times. With that said you may want to reconsider forming opinions on who is making anonymous posts.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
there you go trying to direct someone's opinion. not my team, not my daughter, my point was; how about trying using positive reinforcement. instead of tearing down all the time and pointing out the negatives try something new. pass a compliment along.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

As a TG parent, I am sorry you and your daughter had such a negative experience with the organization. Unfortunately, being a "good sport" can be challenging for us all and is often dependent on the circumstances.

For example, lets assume your team takes a comfortable 8-2 lead, relaxes and gives its opponent an opportunity to pull out a last minute victory. I will guarantee that the players from the losing team will have difficulty being gracious in the post-game handshake. Their parents, in turn, are likely to be disgusted by the deterioration of their daughters' level of play.

In the ideal world, players and parents alike would take a step back and congratulate the opponent for their effort / resilience. In the real world, emotions tend to dictate behavior, which can sometimes get ugly, especially if its the players/parents first experience in "snatching defeat from the jaws of victory."

Learning "how to lose gracefully" is not easy.

I guarantee that whatever club you have chosen, there will be parents whose actions make you roll your eyes. While far from perfect, our TG experience has been overwhelmingly positive for both daughter and parent alike. I hope your experience with your new club is just as good.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

How do you know TG parents are making the ANONYMOUS posts? Surely there are many non TG folks stirring the pot. Go on the other clubs threads and the comments are equally ridiculous at times. With that said you may want to reconsider forming opinions on who is making anonymous posts.

Exactly...great point. For someone to use anonymous posts to form their opinion on ANY club program is ridiculous...

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
there you go trying to direct someone's opinion. not my team, not my daughter, my point was; how about trying using positive reinforcement. instead of tearing down all the time and pointing out the negatives try something new. pass a compliment along.

A sentiment that should be shared on ALL the clubs threads.
I think the folks here are hitting you back because it appears you are saying this behavior is exclusive to a few TG parents and posters. ITS NOT. By the way I love your posts and they are quite eloquent. HOWS THAT FOR POSITIVE REINFORCEMENT. Your welcome.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
that's funny, I don't see anyone putting there name next to there opinions or thoughts including you. if you stand on the sidelines and just listen you will hear the same thing there being said on the here.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
that's funny, I don't see anyone putting there name next to there opinions or thoughts including you. if you stand on the sidelines and just listen you will hear the same thing there being said on the here.

Well my post was complimentary to you as you requested and still you perpetuate the negativity. Listen to your own advice and be positive.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

A sentiment that should be shared on ALL the clubs threads.
I think the folks here are hitting you back because it appears you are saying this behavior is exclusive to a few TG parents and posters. ITS NOT. By the way I love your posts and they are quite eloquent. HOWS THAT FOR POSITIVE REINFORCEMENT. Your welcome.

YJs have been long known as having the most arrogant and obnoxious parents. When TG first came out it was refreshing to escape that, but it didn't last long as many TG parents are just as arrogant and obnoxious now.

Like Reply Quote
Page 90 of 220 1 2 88 89 90 91 92 219 220
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Link Copied to Clipboard