Send us your commitment story & Contact us for Lacrosse Events boosting. Keep Laxin'!
BACK OF THE CAGE
MOST RECENT POSTS
Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,271
Posts346,836
Members2,493
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 4 of 15 1 2 3 4 5 6 14 15
Re: Boys 2021 Fall 2013/Summer 2014
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
not true - my son is in school with a 6th grader playing on the 5th grade team.


I have no problem what igloo does because it is within the rules. Parents that have 6th graders born after 8/31/02 are asked to have their kid play for Igloo 5th grade team provided they can make it. Igloo does the same thing with the 4th grade team. Kids that tried out for the 5th grade team that were born after 8/31/03 are moved down to the fourth grade team if they can't make the 5th grade team. This why at tryouts igloo asks for birth certificates. I know for a fact that this is the practice of Igloo. I don't know how many older kids are on either team but I do know spots are available to them.


False. There Are zero fifth graders on the 4th grade igloo team. Igloo 2022 is all fourth graders an all u-10, period.


I know that 2021 kids were offered spots on the 2022 team. I don't know if they accepted.

BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

Re: Boys 2021 Fall 2013/Summer 2014
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
not true - my son is in school with a 6th grader playing on the 5th grade team.


I have no problem what igloo does because it is within the rules. Parents that have 6th graders born after 8/31/02 are asked to have their kid play for Igloo 5th grade team provided they can make it. Igloo does the same thing with the 4th grade team. Kids that tried out for the 5th grade team that were born after 8/31/03 are moved down to the fourth grade team if they can't make the 5th grade team. This why at tryouts igloo asks for birth certificates. I know for a fact that this is the practice of Igloo. I don't know how many older kids are on either team but I do know spots are available to them.


False. There Are zero fifth graders on the 4th grade igloo team. Igloo 2022 is all fourth graders an all u-10, period.


I know that 2021 kids were offered spots on the 2022 team. I don't know if they accepted.


You don't even make sense.. You state that you know for a fact that 5th graders are moved down to 4th grade igloo, then you say they are offered spots but you don't know if they accept them?? You don't know and you don't even understand the contoversy which is that if 5th grade igloo has 6th graders on their team it is NOT within the rules to play in a 2021 or 5th grade tournament.

Re: Boys 2021 Fall 2013/Summer 2014
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
not true - my son is in school with a 6th grader playing on the 5th grade team.


I have no problem what igloo does because it is within the rules. Parents that have 6th graders born after 8/31/02 are asked to have their kid play for Igloo 5th grade team provided they can make it. Igloo does the same thing with the 4th grade team. Kids that tried out for the 5th grade team that were born after 8/31/03 are moved down to the fourth grade team if they can't make the 5th grade team. This why at tryouts igloo asks for birth certificates. I know for a fact that this is the practice of Igloo. I don't know how many older kids are on either team but I do know spots are available to them.


False. There Are zero fifth graders on the 4th grade igloo team. Igloo 2022 is all fourth graders an all u-10, period.


I know that 2021 kids were offered spots on the 2022 team. I don't know if they accepted.


You don't even make sense.. You state that you know for a fact that 5th graders are moved down to 4th grade igloo, then you say they are offered spots but you don't know if they accept them?? You don't know and you don't even understand the contoversy which is that if 5th grade igloo has 6th graders on their team it is NOT within the rules to play in a 2021 or 5th grade tournament.


You need to read better. It states that it is not known if or how many spots were taken on the 2022 igloo team by 5th graders or 2021 team by 6th graders. It just says spots were offered to older kids on both. Who cares about igloo 2022 team anyway. They are not good and get beat by 91 every time. As for the 2021 Igloo team they are a great team and as long as they play within the rules who cares. If they are not playing by the rules nothing will be done about it anyway.

Re: Boys 2021 Fall 2013/Summer 2014
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
No....maybe nothing will be done but let's just state facts. That is that there are other organizations that are LEGITIMATE 5th grade 2021 teams that will challenge and BEAT igloo. Namely 91 and Team LI 2021 teams. They are ALL 5th graders. If Igloo has 6th graders on the 2021 team, how can they call themselves 2021 when kids are graduating in 2020. Period...

Re: Boys 2021 Fall 2013/Summer 2014
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
No....maybe nothing will be done but let's just state facts. That is that there are other organizations that are LEGITIMATE 5th grade 2021 teams that will challenge and BEAT igloo. Namely 91 and Team LI 2021 teams. They are ALL 5th graders. If Igloo has 6th graders on the 2021 team, how can they call themselves 2021 when kids are graduating in 2020. Period...


This is the issue with these tournaments, either U based as USL is or grade/graduating year based.
So under USL rules, the U date is August 31st. So it is possible to have a 6th grader and still be a USL U11 qualified player. The school cut off date is Nov 15th or so, so if the child is born between Sept. 1st and the school cut off date they are in the grade above and still U11.
That being said, most LI tournaments are run using grade/graduating year as the criteria. So we run into the same issue with this system because if a parent holds a child back, then they are in the appropriate graduating class but not of proper age potentially.
One system needs to be engaged and all tournaments comply with that system so all teams can be compliant.

Sponsored Links
Re: Boys 2021 Fall 2013/Summer 2014
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
No horse in the race - but if the kids are all the same age; and you are arguing that one child may be in 6th - are you concerned the player is smarter (being a 6th grader) and thereore has an advantage. If that is not the case - your argument is moot, since they are all the same age.

Re: Boys 2021 Fall 2013/Summer 2014
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Based on what tournaments Igloo decides to play in, they should enter the team in the proper division. If it’s a graduating year based tournament then they should play in the 2020. If it’s a U based tournament then they should enter as a U11 team. Team Long Island I think has teams based on both and plays all the teams in the correct divisions. If it is true that 6th graders play on the 2021 Igloo team they shouldn’t enter the team in 2021 grade based tournaments…period. Find tournaments that are U based then and play in those.

Re: Boys 2021 Fall 2013/Summer 2014
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
As cage quoted in the past. USL likes the U based designation because because other parts of the country would not be able to put competitive teams together using grade based designation. You will find grad year tournaments in the hotbed areas, and u based in the non-hotbed areas. This is the reason team LI has always entered 2nd tier lacrosse tournaments outside of NY. They would never go into a grade based tournament until recently with maybe one or two teams. You are on long island(Team LI), there is no need for any program to go u based unless you are going to florida for the U-15 nationals. Get a grip people and organizations. If you all say this is ok, then leave the boys from crush alone. They have late birthdays and are in the 6th grade. Not a 91 parent but just sick of reading all this nonsense.. Put together U15,13,9,12,10,8 teams if you are in Utah, not LI. By doing so it just states that you know you can't compete so you cop out using USL rules.
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
No....maybe nothing will be done but let's just state facts. That is that there are other organizations that are LEGITIMATE 5th grade 2021 teams that will challenge and BEAT igloo. Namely 91 and Team LI 2021 teams. They are ALL 5th graders. If Igloo has 6th graders on the 2021 team, how can they call themselves 2021 when kids are graduating in 2020. Period...


This is the issue with these tournaments, either U based as USL is or grade/graduating year based.
So under USL rules, the U date is August 31st. So it is possible to have a 6th grader and still be a USL U11 qualified player. The school cut off date is Nov 15th or so, so if the child is born between Sept. 1st and the school cut off date they are in the grade above and still U11.
That being said, most LI tournaments are run using grade/graduating year as the criteria. So we run into the same issue with this system because if a parent holds a child back, then they are in the appropriate graduating class but not of proper age potentially.
One system needs to be engaged and all tournaments comply with that system so all teams can be compliant.

Re: Boys 2021 Fall 2013/Summer 2014
Joined: Oct 2010
Likes: 1
C
Back of THE CAGE
*
OP Offline
Back of THE CAGE
*
C
Joined: Oct 2010
Likes: 1
Originally Posted by Anonymous
As cage quoted in the past. USL likes the U based designation because because other parts of the country would not be able to put competitive teams together using grade based designation. You will find grad year tournaments in the hotbed areas, and u based in the non-hotbed areas. This is the reason team LI has always entered 2nd tier lacrosse tournaments outside of NY. They would never go into a grade based tournament until recently with maybe one or two teams. You are on long island(Team LI), there is no need for any program to go u based unless you are going to florida for the U-15 nationals. Get a grip people and organizations. If you all say this is ok, then leave the boys from crush alone. They have late birthdays and are in the 6th grade. Not a 91 parent but just sick of reading all this nonsense.. Put together U15,13,9,12,10,8 teams if you are in Utah, not LI. By doing so it just states that you know you can't compete so you cop out using USL rules.
Just for the point of clarity : US Lacrosse currently advocates two year U-age brackets (U/9, U/11, U/13, U/15) due to the ability of other (non-East Coast) regions to form teams and have enough players.

US Lacrosse expressly told BOTC that they believe the New [lacrosse] to Maryland corridor SHOULD BE using U-age groups for every age group (not groupings of two years) given the player liquidity we have in the region.

The idea of U-age and grade level tournaments in different regions is not accurate. If a region was just starting now, US Lacrosse would have them use U-age groups across the board. Unfortunately in our area, the graduation year became the standard before US Lacrosse stepped forward with their rules. As a result, you have this hybrid model that will not change without US Lacrosse directly pressuring tournaments to align with the U-age standards.

Re: Boys 2021 Fall 2013/Summer 2014
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Without the team fielding its 6th Graders (If they have them?) Do you think there is another 2021 team that even comes close?

Sponsored Links
Re: Boys 2021 Fall 2013/Summer 2014
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Does it even matter ?!?! - The scores will speak for themselves. Team Igloo is a great program. Team 91 Crush is a very talented team, as is Express 2020. There are many great programs on Long Island. Try supporting LI lacrosse instead bashing.

Re: Boys 2021 Fall 2013/Summer 2014
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
In a way... wouldn't it be nice if each team posted the rosters. We could then self police. Because for most of these teams they have classmates or neighbors on differing teams and you can easily see who is or is not playing by the rules. I know fl$ did something last year - turtles and extreme also did something.

I get that they are kids, but this isn't an issue that is going away.


Originally Posted by Anonymous
No....maybe nothing will be done but let's just state facts. That is that there are other organizations that are LEGITIMATE 5th grade 2021 teams that will challenge and BEAT igloo. Namely 91 and Team LI 2021 teams. They are ALL 5th graders. If Igloo has 6th graders on the 2021 team, how can they call themselves 2021 when kids are graduating in 2020. Period...

Re: Boys 2021 Fall 2013/Summer 2014
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Without the team fielding its 6th Graders (If they have them?) Do you think there is another 2021 team that even comes close?


There is a program out of Westchester that's very hush hush. Its going to come out next spring and dominate the entire age group. The coaches are all D1 players who have played in MLL. The team has been practicing three to four times a week and plans on doing so all winter long so they can crush all competition. You will see, your days are numbered.

Re: Boys 2021 Fall 2013/Summer 2014
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I support all Lacrosse...I am asking the question so I was expecting a simple answer...

So let me ask another question...Can this 2021 Team "straight up" beat the (2) other programs that you mentioned? Are they both 2020?

I am not familiar with the others because I am a NJ parent and saw this Igloo team this past weekend so curious as to how they fair against the better LI teams.

Fill me in.....

Re: Boys 2021 Fall 2013/Summer 2014
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
I support all Lacrosse...I am asking the question so I was expecting a simple answer...

So let me ask another question...Can this 2021 Team "straight up" beat the (2) other programs that you mentioned? Are they both 2020?

I am not familiar with the others because I am a NJ parent and saw this Igloo team this past weekend so curious as to how they fair against the better LI teams.

Fill me in.....


I am not an Igloo parent but know the team well. If they have any 6th graders (which they may not) it can't be more than one or two. I may be wrong on that and we may never get an answer. I think they are the best Long Island 2021 team even if you take the top three players off the roster. Remember Long Island lax has the best players spread on so many teams. If Long Island had only 5 to ten teams then all the teams would be elite and on Igloo's curent level. Don't confuse Igloo being the best TEAM with having the 20 best players on Long Island. They don't have all the best players. They are just very deep in talent and have played together for a very long time. There are Kids that are on 2021 "B" teams that would be top players on Igloo. I hope this answer helps you.

Re: Boys 2021 Fall 2013/Summer 2014
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Some of Team Igloo 2021 wins this year:

Beat Team 91 Orange: 10-3 for Halloween Havoc Championship
Beat Legacy 10-0
Beat Outlaws 2020 10-3 for Fall Finale Championship

Re: Boys 2021 Fall 2013/Summer 2014
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
So one might think outlaws and 91 and legacy are relatively close...

Originally Posted by Anonymous
Some of Team Igloo 2021 wins this year:

Beat Team 91 Orange: 10-3 for Halloween Havoc Championship
Beat Legacy 10-0
Beat Outlaws 2020 10-3 for Fall Finale Championship

Re: Boys 2021 Fall 2013/Summer 2014
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
h7cc5u
Originally Posted by Anonymous
So one might think outlaws and 91 and legacy are relatively close...

Originally Posted by Anonymous
Some of Team Igloo 2021 wins this year:

Beat Team 91 Orange: 10-3 for Halloween Havoc Championship
Beat Legacy 10-0
Beat Outlaws 2020 10-3 for Fall Finale Championship


It does not work that way. Just because scores are similar does not mean the 3 teams that lost are close. Also if a team got shut out like legacy did you can't say they are close to teams that could score 3 times.

Re: Boys 2021 Fall 2013/Summer 2014
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Opps, didn't see the 2020 on outlaws.

Originally Posted by Anonymous
So one might think outlaws and 91 and legacy are relatively close...

Originally Posted by Anonymous
Some of Team Igloo 2021 wins this year:

Beat Team 91 Orange: 10-3 for Halloween Havoc Championship
Beat Legacy 10-0
Beat Outlaws 2020 10-3 for Fall Finale Championship

Re: Boys 2021 Fall 2013/Summer 2014
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
h7cc5u
Originally Posted by Anonymous
So one might think outlaws and 91 and legacy are relatively close...

Originally Posted by Anonymous
Some of Team Igloo 2021 wins this year:

Beat Team 91 Orange: 10-3 for Halloween Havoc Championship
Beat Legacy 10-0
Beat Outlaws 2020 10-3 for Fall Finale Championship


It does not work that way. Just because scores are similar does not mean the 3 teams that lost are close. Also if a team got shut out like legacy did you can't say they are close to teams that could score 3 times.


Been around long enough to know that yes it does generally work out that way. The teams are of the same caliber. Of course on any given day any team can do anything, but what I failed to see was the 2020 in front of the Outlaws.

but I would say that if outlaws and legacy played it may be a 3-0 or 5-1 game. Any game within 4 goals is a game that should be played regardless if you won or lost - you are the same caliber.

Re: Boys 2021 Fall 2013/Summer 2014
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
h7cc5u
Originally Posted by Anonymous
So one might think outlaws and 91 and legacy are relatively close...

Originally Posted by Anonymous
Some of Team Igloo 2021 wins this year:

Beat Team 91 Orange: 10-3 for Halloween Havoc Championship
Beat Legacy 10-0
Beat Outlaws 2020 10-3 for Fall Finale Championship


It does not work that way. Just because scores are similar does not mean the 3 teams that lost are close. Also if a team got shut out like legacy did you can't say they are close to teams that could score 3 times.


Been around long enough to know that yes it does generally work out that way. The teams are of the same caliber. Of course on any given day any team can do anything, but what I failed to see was the 2020 in front of the Outlaws.

but I would say that if outlaws and legacy played it may be a 3-0 or 5-1 game. Any game within 4 goals is a game that should be played regardless if you won or lost - you are the same caliber.


Don't agree. Teams take a fast 6-0 lead by halftime and pull back and win 10-0 may be very diferent from a game that was 5-3 at half time and the winning team never pulls back and wins 10 -3. We don't know how these scores got to be. Many teams team takes a 6-0 lead will go lefty. Depending on how much time is left when that happens changes the score. If they never went lefty they can win 20-0 but only win 10-0.

Re: Boys 2021 Fall 2013/Summer 2014
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
not true - my son is in school with a 6th grader playing on the 5th grade team.


I have no problem what igloo does because it is within the rules. Parents that have 6th graders born after 8/31/02 are asked to have their kid play for Igloo 5th grade team provided they can make it. Igloo does the same thing with the 4th grade team. Kids that tried out for the 5th grade team that were born after 8/31/03 are moved down to the fourth grade team if they can't make the 5th grade team. This why at tryouts igloo asks for birth certificates. I know for a fact that this is the practice of Igloo. I don't know how many older kids are on either team but I do know spots are available to them.



You may be fine with it but it's breaking the rules. If the were a U11 team the would be OK. If you represent yourself as a 5th grade team it's not OK. Once you have one player in 6th, you should be in a 6th bracket.

Re: Boys 2021 Fall 2013/Summer 2014
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Its carzy, so Igloo or TLI have to play in 6th grade becasue they hav eon ekid on 6th, but other teams who have 2 or 3 kids older then that 6th grader dont. Or if you have a bright kids who skipped a grade the team has to play up? Its idiotic and sham eon suffolk PAL for not changing the rule this year when they voted
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
not true - my son is in school with a 6th grader playing on the 5th grade team.


I have no problem what igloo does because it is within the rules. Parents that have 6th graders born after 8/31/02 are asked to have their kid play for Igloo 5th grade team provided they can make it. Igloo does the same thing with the 4th grade team. Kids that tried out for the 5th grade team that were born after 8/31/03 are moved down to the fourth grade team if they can't make the 5th grade team. This why at tryouts igloo asks for birth certificates. I know for a fact that this is the practice of Igloo. I don't know how many older kids are on either team but I do know spots are available to them.



You may be fine with it but it's breaking the rules. If the were a U11 team the would be OK. If you represent yourself as a 5th grade team it's not OK. Once you have one player in 6th, you should be in a 6th bracket.

Re: Boys 2021 Fall 2013/Summer 2014
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
I support all Lacrosse...I am asking the question so I was expecting a simple answer...

So let me ask another question...Can this 2021 Team "straight up" beat the (2) other programs that you mentioned? Are they both 2020?

I am not familiar with the others because I am a NJ parent and saw this Igloo team this past weekend so curious as to how they fair against the better LI teams.

Fill me in.....


I am not an Igloo parent but know the team well. If they have any 6th graders (which they may not) it can't be more than one or two. I may be wrong on that and we may never get an answer. I think they are the best Long Island 2021 team even if you take the top three players off the roster. Remember Long Island lax has the best players spread on so many teams. If Long Island had only 5 to ten teams then all the teams would be elite and on Igloo's curent level. Don't confuse Igloo being the best TEAM with having the 20 best players on Long Island. They don't have all the best players. They are just very deep in talent and have played together for a very long time. There are Kids that are on 2021 "B" teams that would be top players on Igloo. I hope this answer helps you.


There are a few teams who will compete, if not trade victories with 2021 Igloo this year. Team LI 2021 is as good as any out there. 91 Orange very good as well. I have seen all these teams play at different tournaments and am sometimes amazed at the level of these teams. Very disciplined, skilled and team oriented. Should be a good year.

Re: Boys 2021 Fall 2013/Summer 2014
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
An age based team is age qualified based on the age of its oldest player.

A grade based team is grade qualified based on the highest grade on the team.

There is nothing crazy about the above.

The problem occurs when grade based teams enter age based tournaments and when age based teams enter grade based tournaments

Parents should push directors of grade based teams to only enter grade based tournaments
Parents should push directors of age based teames to only enter age based tournaments

There are plenty of both types. If you enter a tournament with rules that put your team at a disadvantage, deal with it.

It is not crazy it is the rules.

Re: Boys 2021 Fall 2013/Summer 2014
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Regardless...Can we all try to stay on LI and play each other locally this Summer as opposed to traveling, spending $ and most times playing each other 250 miles away anyway? How about having the other areas of the Northeast come here....
There is plenty of competition in the 2021 age group locally.
Team LI, Igloo, 91, Legacy, etc...All these kids will be seeing each other for many years to come, [lacrosse] they might even become friends.....

Re: Boys 2021 Fall 2013/Summer 2014
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
When did they have tryouts? Or did they hand pick and recruit specific kids without tryouts? Do you know which tournaments that are scheduled to attend?

Re: Boys 2021 Fall 2013/Summer 2014
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Where is team Long Island? Evryone says that they are a good team.
Who have they beaten to say this? I have been to a number of tournaments this fall and still have not see this supposedly great team.

Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
I support all Lacrosse...I am asking the question so I was expecting a simple answer...

So let me ask another question...Can this 2021 Team "straight up" beat the (2) other programs that you mentioned? Are they both 2020?

I am not familiar with the others because I am a NJ parent and saw this Igloo team this past weekend so curious as to how they fair against the better LI teams.

Fill me in.....


I am not an Igloo parent but know the team well. If they have any 6th graders (which they may not) it can't be more than one or two. I may be wrong on that and we may never get an answer. I think they are the best Long Island 2021 team even if you take the top three players off the roster. Remember Long Island lax has the best players spread on so many teams. If Long Island had only 5 to ten teams then all the teams would be elite and on Igloo's curent level. Don't confuse Igloo being the best TEAM with having the 20 best players on Long Island. They don't have all the best players. They are just very deep in talent and have played together for a very long time. There are Kids that are on 2021 "B" teams that would be top players on Igloo. I hope this answer helps you.


There are a few teams who will compete, if not trade victories with 2021 Igloo this year. Team LI 2021 is as good as any out there. 91 Orange very good as well. I have seen all these teams play at different tournaments and am sometimes amazed at the level of these teams. Very disciplined, skilled and team oriented. Should be a good year.

Re: Boys 2021 Fall 2013/Summer 2014
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Where is team Long Island? Evryone says that they are a good team.
Who have they beaten to say this? I have been to a number of tournaments this fall and still have not see this supposedly great team.

Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
I support all Lacrosse...I am asking the question so I was expecting a simple answer...

So let me ask another question...Can this 2021 Team "straight up" beat the (2) other programs that you mentioned? Are they both 2020?

I am not familiar with the others because I am a NJ parent and saw this Igloo team this past weekend so curious as to how they fair against the better LI teams.

Fill me in.....


I am not an Igloo parent but know the team well. If they have any 6th graders (which they may not) it can't be more than one or two. I may be wrong on that and we may never get an answer. I think they are the best Long Island 2021 team even if you take the top three players off the roster. Remember Long Island lax has the best players spread on so many teams. If Long Island had only 5 to ten teams then all the teams would be elite and on Igloo's curent level. Don't confuse Igloo being the best TEAM with having the 20 best players on Long Island. They don't have all the best players. They are just very deep in talent and have played together for a very long time. There are Kids that are on 2021 "B" teams that would be top players on Igloo. I hope this answer helps you.


There are a few teams who will compete, if not trade victories with 2021 Igloo this year. Team LI 2021 is as good as any out there. 91 Orange very good as well. I have seen all these teams play at different tournaments and am sometimes amazed at the level of these teams. Very disciplined, skilled and team oriented. Should be a good year.


Team Long Island is out east. They are a very inexpensive program and I am not sure if the play in the Fall. They will have two to three teams per year. The top 2021 team is either second or third best (at 91 level) and the other teams in that program are not very good.

Re: Boys 2021 Fall 2013/Summer 2014
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The 2021 team is a very good team....I saw them play last year. They beat us thoroughly and I saw them beat 91 orange 2x in 2 days in Stony Brook. They will definitely compete on the elite level against Igloo and others. Don't kid yourself.



Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Where is team Long Island? Evryone says that they are a good team.
Who have they beaten to say this? I have been to a number of tournaments this fall and still have not see this supposedly great team.

Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
I support all Lacrosse...I am asking the question so I was expecting a simple answer...

So let me ask another question...Can this 2021 Team "straight up" beat the (2) other programs that you mentioned? Are they both 2020?

I am not familiar with the others because I am a NJ parent and saw this Igloo team this past weekend so curious as to how they fair against the better LI teams.

Fill me in.....


I am not an Igloo parent but know the team well. If they have any 6th graders (which they may not) it can't be more than one or two. I may be wrong on that and we may never get an answer. I think they are the best Long Island 2021 team even if you take the top three players off the roster. Remember Long Island lax has the best players spread on so many teams. If Long Island had only 5 to ten teams then all the teams would be elite and on Igloo's curent level. Don't confuse Igloo being the best TEAM with having the 20 best players on Long Island. They don't have all the best players. They are just very deep in talent and have played together for a very long time. There are Kids that are on 2021 "B" teams that would be top players on Igloo. I hope this answer helps you.


There are a few teams who will compete, if not trade victories with 2021 Igloo this year. Team LI 2021 is as good as any out there. 91 Orange very good as well. I have seen all these teams play at different tournaments and am sometimes amazed at the level of these teams. Very disciplined, skilled and team oriented. Should be a good year.


Team Long Island is out east. They are a very inexpensive program and I am not sure if the play in the Fall. They will have two to three teams per year. The top 2021 team is either second or third best (at 91 level) and the other teams in that program are not very good.

Re: Boys 2021 Fall 2013/Summer 2014
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I too have heard great things about Team LI. Would be nice to see all the 2021's just go to one tourney together and lets put the BS about who is who to rest. Bring your best team.

Re: Boys 2021 Fall 2013/Summer 2014
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Dear Parents, coaches, and directors of that read this thread; the fundamental issue is age or grade based, stop talking about a specific team or teams as it only takes objectivity out of the discussion. On long island there has been a growing number of players who are being "red shirted" or "reclassified" as they call it at younger ages to hide the fact that they are being left back for athletic reasons, some for academic reasons. The point is there are more opportunities for safety issues with players playing on grade then by age. Hence US lacrosse about 6 years ago stepped in and followed suit with almost every major youth sports organization in the country to have lacrosse be played on a age level instead of grade based. This would ensure that all the players where the same age, plus make sure that there was no physical advantage on one team that could and most likely create a safety issue.

Now when we talk about Team Long Island or Team Igloo, or Team 91, or any club team you must look at what that club does to ensure the safety of its players, and the spirit of which youth lacrosse is played.

Until the boys hit manhood my personal opinion is that age based is a much better approach then grade. There are several players on all these teams who have been left back for one reason or another; creating an advantage that could lead to someone getting extremely injured. So teams that are age based can let the other coaches and other programs know that there will be no physical advantage. Which depending on which side of the fence you are on this issue is objectively a better approach.

Now there are qualifying events in Long Island that are grade based but highlight the fact that the tournament is for a age based qualifier. Teams that adhere to the age based format will be allowed to compete, the teams that adhere to a grade based format will be forced to leave some of their players off their rosters in order to compete. So all in all; age is the best way to make sure all teams are playing in a safe, competitive environment and in accordance to the national youth rules.

Re: Boys 2021 Fall 2013/Summer 2014
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Dear Parents, coaches, and directors of that read this thread; the fundamental issue is age or grade based, stop talking about a specific team or teams as it only takes objectivity out of the discussion. On long island there has been a growing number of players who are being "red shirted" or "reclassified" as they call it at younger ages to hide the fact that they are being left back for athletic reasons, some for academic reasons. The point is there are more opportunities for safety issues with players playing on grade then by age. Hence US lacrosse about 6 years ago stepped in and followed suit with almost every major youth sports organization in the country to have lacrosse be played on a age level instead of grade based. This would ensure that all the players where the same age, plus make sure that there was no physical advantage on one team that could and most likely create a safety issue.

Now when we talk about Team Long Island or Team Igloo, or Team 91, or any club team you must look at what that club does to ensure the safety of its players, and the spirit of which youth lacrosse is played.

Until the boys hit manhood my personal opinion is that age based is a much better approach then grade. There are several players on all these teams who have been left back for one reason or another; creating an advantage that could lead to someone getting extremely injured. So teams that are age based can let the other coaches and other programs know that there will be no physical advantage. Which depending on which side of the fence you are on this issue is objectively a better approach.

Now there are qualifying events in Long Island that are grade based but highlight the fact that the tournament is for a age based qualifier. Teams that adhere to the age based format will be allowed to compete, the teams that adhere to a grade based format will be forced to leave some of their players off their rosters in order to compete. So all in all; age is the best way to make sure all teams are playing in a safe, competitive environment and in accordance to the national youth rules.


The Problem is that US Lacrosse groups age every two years, U15, U13, U11, U9. So boys will be playing against other boys who are two years older.
If they did one year age groups it would be better for all.

Re: Boys 2021 Fall 2013/Summer 2014
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Beg to Differ , they no longer have there key ingredient which broke the barrier against 91 and put the numbers on the board in stony brook.



Originally Posted by Anonymous
The 2021 team is a very good team....I saw them play last year. They beat us thoroughly and I saw them beat 91 orange 2x in 2 days in Stony Brook. They will definitely compete on the elite level against Igloo and others. Don't kid yourself.



Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Where is team Long Island? Evryone says that they are a good team.
Who have they beaten to say this? I have been to a number of tournaments this fall and still have not see this supposedly great team.

Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
I support all Lacrosse...I am asking the question so I was expecting a simple answer...

So let me ask another question...Can this 2021 Team "straight up" beat the (2) other programs that you mentioned? Are they both 2020?

I am not familiar with the others because I am a NJ parent and saw this Igloo team this past weekend so curious as to how they fair against the better LI teams.

Fill me in.....


I am not an Igloo parent but know the team well. If they have any 6th graders (which they may not) it can't be more than one or two. I may be wrong on that and we may never get an answer. I think they are the best Long Island 2021 team even if you take the top three players off the roster. Remember Long Island lax has the best players spread on so many teams. If Long Island had only 5 to ten teams then all the teams would be elite and on Igloo's curent level. Don't confuse Igloo being the best TEAM with having the 20 best players on Long Island. They don't have all the best players. They are just very deep in talent and have played together for a very long time. There are Kids that are on 2021 "B" teams that would be top players on Igloo. I hope this answer helps you.


There are a few teams who will compete, if not trade victories with 2021 Igloo this year. Team LI 2021 is as good as any out there. 91 Orange very good as well. I have seen all these teams play at different tournaments and am sometimes amazed at the level of these teams. Very disciplined, skilled and team oriented. Should be a good year.


Team Long Island is out east. They are a very inexpensive program and I am not sure if the play in the Fall. They will have two to three teams per year. The top 2021 team is either second or third best (at 91 level) and the other teams in that program are not very good.

Re: Boys 2021 Fall 2013/Summer 2014
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Wish I went with TLI instead of the current team I am with. The worst part is he made TLI too.

Re: Boys 2021 Fall 2013/Summer 2014
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
That 2021 TLI team has great depth....Believe me. I am sure they have also improved the past few months. No one player made that team great. They rotate players seamlessly at all positions.

Re: Boys 2021 Fall 2013/Summer 2014
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
When they played scrimmages against each other. LOL


Originally Posted by Anonymous
That 2021 TLI team has great depth....Believe me. I am sure they have also improved the past few months. No one player made that team great. They rotate players seamlessly at all positions.

Re: Boys 2021 Fall 2013/Summer 2014
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
There are a lot of 2021 teams in the Fall Brawl Turkey Shootout. I noticed that 91 has 4 teams in that bracket, any thoughts about to how that bracket will play out?

Re: Boys 2021 Fall 2013/Summer 2014
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
There are a lot of 2021 teams in the Fall Brawl Turkey Shootout. I noticed that 91 has 4 teams in that bracket, any thoughts about to how that bracket will play out?
SMASH!

Re: Boys 2021 Fall 2013/Summer 2014
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
So can we plan one day....3 games and a playoff bracket....2021 "Bring it or go home" tournament. Get some of the better town teams there as well (Sachem, Garden City) AND LET'S JUST PUT THIS TO REST.

If we asked the coaches how many would sign up for it?

I am sick of hearing who is good and who is getting better and so on. I think it would be a good indication for the kids on where they stand and what the programs need to do to improve in the winter sessions.

Right/Wrong?


Page 4 of 15 1 2 3 4 5 6 14 15

Link Copied to Clipboard







Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 7.7.4