BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,821
Posts388,505
Members2,610
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 61 of 144 1 2 59 60 61 62 63 143 144
Re: Long Island Express Lacrosse
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
[quote=Anonymous]Cherry could have done what Express did for this kid (exposure, recruiting etc.) for a fraction of the cost.

Kid never would be recruiting to Duke without Express, not this early. Express put him Man Up! No question about it.

I disagree. If the kid is that good it doesn't matter what club he played for. Cherry's connections are 2nd to none. [/quote}

You are wrong. Name one other kid from set that was recruited to a top tier school as a sophomore without club. Oh, you can't! Maybe he would have been discovered eventually, but then again, maybe not. Express put him out there! End of story. Channys connections got him noticed

all due respect to this ridiculous conversation, the kid played varsity as a freshman and did well in a high profile program. Played well at showcases and was on a good summer team. Maybe you should the kid credit, and do you really think the Duke guys aren't out there doing their own work.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]Cherry could have done what Express did for this kid (exposure, recruiting etc.) for a fraction of the cost.

Kid never would be recruiting to Duke without Express, not this early. Express put him Man Up! No question about it.

I disagree. If the kid is that good it doesn't matter what club he played for. Cherry's connections are 2nd to none. [/quote}

You are wrong. Name one other kid from set that was recruited to a top tier school as a sophomore without club. Oh, you can't! Maybe he would have been discovered eventually, but then again, maybe not. Express put him out there! End of story. Channys connections got him noticed

all due respect to this ridiculous conversation, the kid played varsity as a freshman and did well in a high profile program. Played well at showcases and was on a good summer team. Maybe you should the kid credit, and do you really think the Duke guys aren't out there doing their own work.

the last guy got it right!! This is a ridiculous conversation!!! And when my 2017 commits (which will be sooner than later) you can bet it will not be announced!!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

the last guy got it right!! This is a ridiculous conversation!!! And when my 2017 commits (which will be sooner than later) you can bet it will not be announced!!

So you are announcing that you won't be announcing? Why bother saying anything?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

OK Pal. Hate to break it to you but I'm pretty sure the lax world will be able to live without your (self-important) non-announcement.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Unless he's going to Harvard, I highly doubt it.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

What a pompus [lacrosse]

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

OK Pal. Hate to break it to you but I'm pretty sure the lax world will be able to live without your (self-important) non-announcement.

Are are people five? I hope so because otherwise you sound like idiots. Can't blame the guy for not announcing his son's impending commitment!! Why should he - so you morons can dissect it every which way possible? Go back to picking on the age of the pgs, wayyy more entertaining..

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Why only one Express team in Halloween Havoc?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I've counted at least 6 express teams!!!!!
What r u looking at?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Honey Badger, Piranha, Minutemen, Terps, Wolves. Etc...

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Sorry, must have missed/mis-read Honey Bagders, Terps (2x), Piranhas, Minuteman

By wolves do you mean 2019 Wolverines, because I don't see them listed? Would have been nice to see them in there. But nor do I see an 8th grade representative from LIE. Why is that?

It would have also been nice to see 91 white for 2019. Would have loved to see LIE 2019 vs 91 w. Are 2019 white the only 91 white team not going? Even Titanium is in the bracket with Crush.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Piranah's are playing in the 8th grade bracket for the Express
at Halloween Havoc.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Sorry, must have missed/mis-read Honey Bagders, Terps (2x), Piranhas, Minuteman

By wolves do you mean 2019 Wolverines, because I don't see them listed? Would have been nice to see them in there. But nor do I see an 8th grade representative from LIE. Why is that?

It would have also been nice to see 91 white for 2019. Would have loved to see LIE 2019 vs 91 w. Are 2019 white the only 91 white team not going? Even Titanium is in the bracket with Crush.

Are you an express parent or just trying to stir the pot? the "Lax Cold War" has died down over the last few years with Express teams playing in 91 tournaments. There are Express teams in almost every grade attending. Looks like 7 grade is not on the master team list. Neither is a JV team. So what. if you are a parent of either of those grades and the team wants to get in speak to you coach and directors and see if they can still get in. If not a parent then worry about your own team/organization

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Sounds to me like someone needs to get back to work and stop reading into a fall tournament schedule for story lines. If you are on a team your coach will have the correct info, our coach had before any of this was made public to fools like you. Maybe an out of work government employee just killing time.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Piranah's are playing in the 8th grade bracket for the Express
at Halloween Havoc.
2018 Terps were in MD at the Indian Summer Tournament which the won

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Why did the 2020 A team not show up for the final?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Why did the 2020 A team not show up for the final?

Rather than rehash here go to Halloween Havoc page for details.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Not sure if havoc details the why? I think i saw some lame arse.... Because you didn't want to be stuck at the fields all day... Boo hoo!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Cherry could have done what Express did for this kid (exposure, recruiting etc.) for a fraction of the cost.

I disagree. If the kid is that good it doesn't matter what club he played for. Cherry's connections are 2nd to none.

Bunch of Manhasset kids jumping the Express ship and heading back "home" to play with Cherry and 32. The market speaks loudly.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Cherry could have done what Express did for this kid (exposure, recruiting etc.) for a fraction of the cost.

I disagree. If the kid is that good it doesn't matter what club he played for. Cherry's connections are 2nd to none.

Bunch of Manhasset kids jumping the Express ship and heading back "home" to play with Cherry and 32. The market speaks loudly.

And for 1/3 the cost.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

What year?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

What year?

All years

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Not sure if havoc details the why? I think i saw some lame arse.... Because you didn't want to be stuck at the fields all day... Boo hoo!

obviously 91 parent. go to your thread. you live in a glass house too

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Nope not 91, ex express not by choice but sometimes things happen for reasons and have a way of working themselves out.

obviously 91 parent. go to your thread. you live in a glass house too

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
That's great that boys from Manhasset a choosing to stay in town, Bill Cherry is a class act and a true gentleman. For the boys that dont live in towns with strong programs club lacrosse is the only alternative .

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
That's great that boys from Manhasset a choosing to stay in town, Bill Cherry is a class act and a true gentleman. For the boys that dont live in towns with strong programs club lacrosse is the only alternative .

The program is open to boys from outside Manhasset too and will compete directly with Express and fl$ for talent. Any unhappy Express family should take a look.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Not every age group is open to out of town boys check the web site

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Bill is a great guy. But this is a real conflict of interest. No two ways about it.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Bill is a great guy. But this is a real conflict of interest. No two ways about it.

How is it a conflict of interest for Cherry but it's ok for the coaches at St Anthony's and Kellenberg with Express. And before somebody drags out the old and tired answer about it's different for public vs private, please don't. How a school is funded with tuition or tax dollars makes absolutely no difference and no sense in the discussion. I'd like to hear a better reason why Express coaches get away with the conflict of interest scrutiny yet other high school coaches don't get the same free pass. Let's hear it.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Money and control, a recipe for upheaval in town rich in lacrosse history. Come on Set, you folks are way too smart to let this happen. Will be great for the top 12-15 kids in each grade, all the rest will suffer. Ask the un-chosen ones at WM about their summer program...

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Also a serious conflict of interest with Danielle Gallagher, Manhasset GIRLS VARSITY coach and LIBERTY owner/director.

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
Also a serious conflict of interest with Danielle Gallagher, Manhasset GIRLS VARSITY coach and LIBERTY owner/director.
Seriously? Manhasset and Liberty? No one in the lacrosse community has seen this previously. Where did you do your research to uncover this ground breaking story?

Jeez.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

How is it a conflict of interest for Cherry but it's ok for the coaches at St Anthony's and Kellenberg with Express. And before somebody drags out the old and tired answer about it's different for public vs private, please don't. How a school is funded with tuition or tax dollars makes absolutely no difference and no sense in the discussion. I'd like to hear a better reason why Express coaches get away with the conflict of interest scrutiny yet other high school coaches don't get the same free pass. Let's hear it.

You dont have to attend St Anthonys, Chaminade, Kellenberg etc.
You have to attend your public town high school or move. I'd say there is quite a difference

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
A panel of respected HS coaches/club coaches (girls and boys) is convening at US lacrosse convention and parents are requesting the coach/panelists to address this issue of conflicts.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

The program is open to boys from outside Manhasset too and will compete directly with Express and fl$ for talent. Any unhappy Express family should take a look.

Really? I guess Manhasset is taking a page out of the Three V - Ward Melville playbook.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
A panel of respected HS coaches/club coaches (girls and boys) is convening at US lacrosse convention and parents are requesting the coach/panelists to address this issue of conflicts.

Are the coaches/club coaches expected to sanction themselves? That's like asking the inmates to lock the gate at night.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

You have to attend your public town high school or move. I'd say there is quite a difference

Say what? News flash! You don't have to move to send your kid to a different school. Whatever. The point is its either a conflict or not no matter what school you are talking about.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

On one level there is no difference -- if you want to play lax and go to one of those private schools, and you are pressured to pony up for the coach's private summer lax team (or perhaps you won't play for the high school), then that would be a serious conflict of interest since the coach would be using his/her school position to coerce students and their families (not saying this happens, I don't know, but it is certainly possible).

The lack of an alternative when the same thing happens in public schools makes that situation somewhat worse, but the conflict can exist on both the public and private levels.

And frankly, once your kid is at the school he is at, he isn't going to switch to the local public school after year or two because the lacrosse coach wants you to pay him $1000 to play for his summer team. You'd pay the $1000 or not. Just like if this happened with the public school coach.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

On one level there is no difference -- if you want to play lax and go to one of those private schools, and you are pressured to pony up for the coach's private summer lax team (or perhaps you won't play for the high school), then that would be a serious conflict of interest since the coach would be using his/her school position to coerce students and their families (not saying this happens, I don't know, but it is certainly possible).

The lack of an alternative when the same thing happens in public schools makes that situation somewhat worse, but the conflict can exist on both the public and private levels.

And frankly, once your kid is at the school he is at, he isn't going to switch to the local public school after year or two because the lacrosse coach wants you to pay him $1000 to play for his summer team. You'd pay the $1000 or not. Just like if this happened with the public school coach.

Chaminade or St. Anthony's (or any private school) does not take kids based on where they play summer lacrosse. Kids are accepted based on how well they do on the Catholic School Entrance Exam. So if a kid was playing on Jesters, Outlaws, or 91 from 3rd grade through 8th grade - those two schools would not have had an impact on where a player plays during that time period.

However, when a HS coach is running a travel program that has a town bias like 32 and Liberty do in Manhasset, or like Yellow Jackets have in Northport, or like Ward Melville, West Islip and Northport on the boys side - then there is a conflict of interest. In many cases these same coaches are also teachers or phys ed teachers in the same schools. When you have current teachers wearing their club gear in school and also make "offhand comments" to kids about where they are playing, then that is a conflict of interest.

If a catholic scholl parent "feels" their kid will have a better chance of playing at Chaminade or St. Anthony's and they have their kid play for Express - well that isa decision to do so. It is not a decision that is forced on them. There are plenty of kids who play on other travel programs and still play at Chaminade of St. A's. However, at the public HS level - it is my opinion that is different and it is more of a conflict because our kids are not going to private school and they are definitely feeling the pressure to play for their coaches travel program.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Another whining 3 Village victim of the "capitalistic club lacrosse machine". Why dont you ask the unelected all- powerful board why they refused to discuss alternative solutions with the parents instead of enforcing their scorched earth policy from behind the curtain (unless the boys in question were on a team they personally had interest in - until they got busted!)? Stop with this "unchosen few" cr@p - its getting old. There are so many options and places for boys to play so stop whining that you weren't "personally invited" to tryouts. You stayed for your own reasons and that is fine - dont judge others. I have an intimate knowledge of that organization - you are far from being on the moral high-ground. Just watch what you say; there are an awful lot of 3V parents who had the biggest mouths and strongest opinions in the Park Bench who are now writing checks to these so-called evil programs

Like Reply Quote
Page 61 of 144 1 2 59 60 61 62 63 143 144
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Link Copied to Clipboard