BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys High School Lax
by Anonymous -
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,814
Posts387,803
Members2,608
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rating: 1
Page 82 of 220 1 2 80 81 82 83 84 219 220
Re: Long Island Top Guns Lacrosse
Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
Originally Posted by Anonymous
in 5 years they will be lucky to be in top 5 clubs on long island.
BOTC has been very accurate with our first three years of predictions from tryouts to US Lacrosse details.

We can tell you for absolutely sure that the Top Guns program will be well embedded on Long Island for the next five years.

Our prediction is that the four leading girls programs will have condensed to only three programs within the next five years - but the Top Guns will not be among one of the programs absorbed.

The real challenge will be to name the top five clubs that exist in five year's time.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by CageSage
in 5 years they will be lucky to be in top 5 clubs on long island.
BOTC has been very accurate with our first three years of predictions from tryouts to US Lacrosse details.

We can tell you for absolutely sure that the Top Guns program will be well embedded on Long Island within five years.

Our prediction is that the four leading girls programs will have condensed to only three programs within the next five years - but the Top Guns will not be among one of the programs absorbed.

and who are your predictions of the other 2? I respectfully disagree about TG. Too much politics.

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
and who are your predictions of the other 2? I respectfully disagree about TG. Too much politics.
Similar to the merger of the RipCurls into the Beach Bums, we think that there is still scope for more talent consolidation with smaller (limited number of teams) clubs finding homes in larger organizations.

Top Guns are well-entrenched in southern Suffolk County and the Hofstra WLAX connection gives this club two county coverage which should provide strength.

Unless the Yellow Jackets are acquired, they figure to be the second strong program - business conditions might change, but if the Yellow Jackets can continue to exploit a relationship with Stony Brook, that would imply that the Island's two NCAA Division I teams are aligned with the two biggest programs.

In our view, a combination of Team Elevate and Liberty is the most likely scenario - this would build a powerful organization throughout Nassau County to the Suffolk border.

The clubs that decide to form an NCAA Division II alliance (LIU/Post, Adelphi, Dowling) might form this next group in the core five.

Again, these are all business decisions looking at the Girls Lacrosse landscape on Long Island.

To fill out a potential "Top Five", we need to look into the crystal ball - SCAS, Adrenaline, Beach Bums, Teams 91 Girls? Remember that the game is just starting to gain traction in the five boroughs - one solid club from Queens, Brooklyn, and Manhattan could change the girls landscape in a hurry.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I thought fall tournaments were meaningless but yesterday as the lady rebels lead by our 2020 black TG were beating the hand picked curcio 2020 blue team. I noticed Carol Rose was on the sideline with curcio. I wonder why aren't fall tournaments meaningless?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Brag

Politics will bring this program down slowly year by year. in 5 years they will be lucky to be in top 5 clubs on long island. Will it be worth it then Shannon? Play your hot hand now, you will be forgotten soon.

They seem to be the only club in the top 5 getting stronger year by year. I still will give YJ #1 as far as depth and numbers. While you will see lots of sour grapes, the truth is TG is on a steady rise. There are politics on TG, but its worse at YJs.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I thought fall tournaments were meaningless but yesterday as the lady rebels lead by our 2020 black TG were beating the hand picked curcio 2020 blue team. I noticed Carol Rose was on the sideline with curcio. I wonder why aren't fall tournaments meaningless?

What tournament?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
"Politics" are everywhere. Both clubs are strong. Fall is an opportunity for girls to work on their skills. These little wins and losses along the way are opportunities ofr fast play, practice and development. Top Guns 2020 may be exceling in this particular moment, but I would surely bet that YJ will stack up plenty of nice victories against them as well. They are a committed club with talent and great work ethics amongst their players as well.

Thank goodness for the strong level of play coming from both clubs as it will make the girls all the better players and sportsman. All the girls were competitve, but graceful, powerful, but skillful and the families cheering them on were just as pleasant.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

You guys are really pathetic, handpicked team, the tournament was open to all YJ kids unlike your TG daddy team. Too funny CR shows up at a game and watches and its a big deal then when she does not show up its a big deal. Talk about perception your TG daddy coach called for a stick check on an 11 year old kid in a fall ball tournament.The funny thing is I guarantee your TG daddy coach hates you and if he knew who you were posting this silly nonsense he would ask you not to bring your kid anymore. By the way he was kidding with one of the YJ kids when he called for the stick check but a moron like you would come on here and make way more out of it.Get a life.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
No offense but you guys have really had no where to go but up. My daughter tried out TG first year and it was a joke ,kids could barely catch and at the end Shannon declared everyone had made it. The tuff part seems to be when you get good to stay good.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

According to YJ website curio coached gold. Sorry to burst your littler bubble.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

According to YJ website curio coached gold. Sorry to burst your littler bubble.

Truth is, YJ had most of the blue girls from last year on one team. They were no coached by Curcio. The rest of the blue girls played for Curcio with some girls from Jones team last year. Other Jones girls played on Pink for Chris. They played the best against us by far. So you can say that you didn't have all the blue girls together but don't say they were all separated on all the YJ teams.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Now I know why the TG 2019 parents cannot stand the TG 2020 parents .I even hear the 2020 parents talking how they do not want the best 2019 kid coming down to their team and spoiling their team chemistry, give me a break have watched that kid many times and she will easily be your best player. If you don't want her 2019 YJ will take her.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Now I know why the TG 2019 parents cannot stand the TG 2020 parents .I even hear the 2020 parents talking how they do not want the best 2019 kid coming down to their team and spoiling their team chemistry, give me a break have watched that kid many times and she will easily be your best player. If you don't want her 2019 YJ will take her.

Not a TG or YJ parent. The TG 2020 team has some of the most obnoxious over-the-top parents in all of lacrosse. They truly "feel" like they are in a league of their own.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Not a TG or YJ parent. The TG 2020 team has some of the most obnoxious over-the-top parents in all of lacrosse. They truly "feel" like they are in a league of their own.

That happens every year with each new team, all the parents of the new team are all blah, blah blah, can't keep their mouths shut, funny thing is two years later most aren't on the team anymore. Young teams are very unsettled and have a lot of roster changes. That said, the TG do have incredible talent at the younger ages. I do see many girls who don't belong on some of the black teams and see many girls on purple who should easily be on black. That's politics I see the YJs doing same exact thing.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Similar to the merger of the RipCurls into the Beach Bums, we think that there is still scope for more talent consolidation with smaller (limited number of teams) clubs finding homes in larger organizations.

Top Guns are well-entrenched in southern Suffolk County and the Hofstra WLAX connection gives this club two county coverage which should provide strength.

Unless the Yellow Jackets are acquired, they figure to be the second strong program - business conditions might change, but if the Yellow Jackets can continue to exploit a relationship with Stony Brook, that would imply that the Island's two NCAA Division I teams are aligned with the two biggest programs.

In our view, a combination of Team Elevate and Liberty is the most likely scenario - this would build a powerful organization throughout Nassau County to the Suffolk border.

The clubs that decide to form an NCAA Division II alliance (LIU/Post, Adelphi, Dowling) might form this next group in the core five.

Again, these are all business decisions looking at the Girls Lacrosse landscape on Long Island.

To fill out a potential "Top Five", we need to look into the crystal ball - SCAS, Adrenaline, Beach Bums, Teams 91 Girls? Remember that the game is just starting to gain traction in the five boroughs - one solid club from Queens, Brooklyn, and Manhattan could change the girls landscape in a hurry.

Would the elevate liberty merger produce a girls team with the name - liberate?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Now I know why the TG 2019 parents cannot stand the TG 2020 parents .

Hey don't lump is all together. A group of girls from 20 black played up on 19 black summer of 2012. It must be that group of parents that they have a history with . The team chemistry will be just fine with any addition to the team that will make them better. Thank you for being so concerned with the 2020 black team

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Are Elevate and Liberty considering merging? Is that just your opinion or do you know if there have been discussions. I know that elevate played at a liberty tournament this weekend and did very well. Again - is this a prediction or fact?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Its the 2019 parents that the rest of the club can't stand.

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
Are Elevate and Liberty considering merging? Is that just your opinion or do you know if there have been discussions. I know that elevate played at a liberty tournament this weekend and did very well. Again - is this a prediction or fact?
To be clear, this was opinion on our part. It is clear to us that Team Elevate has aspirations of expanding and continuing the growth of their Global Lacrosee alliance. It is also clear that the Long Island Liberty has been lower key over recent years with a focus on their Black Diamond brand in addition to their local programs. BOTC saw a combination of the two to be an excellent jump start to forming a third powerhouse organization on Long Island.

Do we need a third powerhouse? Probably not since it only takes two to create true competition. However, this would create an extremely interesting Nassau/Suffolk dynamic in girls club lacrosse.

The key point in our prediction however is the Queens, Brooklyn, and Manhattan aspect. Eventually, a club will pull together lacrosse athletes from that broader region and be able to create a regional contender overnight.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

That happens every year with each new team, all the parents of the new team are all blah, blah blah, can't keep their mouths shut, funny thing is two years later most aren't on the team anymore. Young teams are very unsettled and have a lot of roster changes. That said, the TG do have incredible talent at the younger ages. I do see many girls who don't belong on some of the black teams and see many girls on purple who should easily be on black. That's politics I see the YJs doing same exact thing.

Too funny,you fell into the very category you were making fun of. Incredible talent, then why is it 2019, 2020 have never won a competitive tournament. If they are hanging their hat onto winning some fall ball games then they have to accept that they have lost some fall ball games to teams they are claiming to be not very good.Anyone who has coached at the younger level knows that having a team with only a few subs that has no or a few of the lesser players from your top team has a major advantage over a team that has enough kids to make full line changes especially when it includes kids who may be on the back half of the team.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
y

Hey don't lump is all together. A group of girls from 20 black played up on 19 black summer of 2012. It must be that group of parents that they have a history with . The team chemistry will be just fine with any addition to the team that will make them better. Thank you for being so concerned with the 2020 black team

I agree, 2020 Girls will welcome this girl, as many have already played with her. Team chemistry will be fine, it is the coach's job to make sure everyone is on the same page, I trust he will

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
To be clear, this was opinion on our part. It is clear to us that Team Elevate has aspirations of expanding and continuing the growth of their Global Lacrosee alliance. It is also clear that the Long Island Liberty has been lower key over recent years with a focus on their Black Diamond brand in addition to their local programs. BOTC saw a combination of the two to be an excellent jump start to forming a third powerhouse organization on Long Island.

Do we need a third powerhouse? Probably not since it only takes two to create true competition. However, this would create an extremely interesting Nassau/Suffolk dynamic in girls club lacrosse.

The key point in our prediction however is the Queens, Brooklyn, and Manhattan aspect. Eventually, a club will pull together lacrosse athletes from that broader region and be able to create a regional contender overnight.

The idea of those two cultures merging is quite laughable, DG and Liberty are a very classy group of coaches and parents, who know how to win and lose graciously. On the other hand, Elevate has an abundance of over the top, narcissists starting at the top folowed by the coaches and most of the parents - NEVER HAPPEN!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Both organizations classy. Whether you want to admit it or not.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Both organizations classy. Whether you want to admit it or not.

I don't think that Liberty was ever banned from National Draw because of their behavior...

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

She was easily the best player for 2019, will easily be the best in 2020, and she also played 2018 and was by far better than everyone two years older. She is a great kid and a great player, crazy field awareness and very high lax IQ. My daughter had the chance to play with her and I have nothing but praise as she is a rare player that makes everyone around her a better player.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
NICE!!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I am a 19 parent and I am very nice smile

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

She was easily the best player for 2019, will easily be the best in 2020, and she also played 2018 and was by far better than everyone two years older. She is a great kid and a great player, crazy field awareness and very high lax IQ. My daughter had the chance to play with her and I have nothing but praise as she is a rare player that makes everyone around her a better player.

Yes, there is no arguing the girl is a very good lax player! She is definitely an asset to whatever team she plays for. However, if she plays for 2020 - she is leaving a very good team with strong players (2019) and joining a very good team that also has strong players (2020). Either way lax is still a TEAM sport and regardless of how good you may or may not be you still need the rest of your team to help you! This applies to youth, club, school and college! I would also expect her to be stronger than most of the 2020 girls since she is a year older!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Seriously, kid is good player but not even best player on 2019 which is stacked w talent. Will be funny when she has to play at 2020 age in that those parents are crazy and now when little Susie superstar is the only focus of the offense you can bet some parents will be upset.Even better will be when those parents go and complain to B.S.does he cave to his superstar as he has done in the past and risk having kids leave the team .By the way saying she was best player 2 years older is just ridiculous,but thanks for the analysis mom or was it auntie.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
She may be a few months older than some 2020 kids - big deal. Age has nothing to do with why she is better. She is not bigger, stronger or faster than everyone else. Did age matter when she played with the 2018 or 2019 kids. She is younger and smaller than all of them.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
She may be a few months older than some 2020 kids - big deal. Age has nothing to do with why she is better. She is not bigger, stronger or faster than everyone else. Did age matter when she played with the 2018 or 2019 kids. She is younger and smaller than all of them.

Why would you post this, you obviously know the kid and yet you come on here and lie." A few months older than some 2020 kids, actually she will be over a year older than many of the kids."The fact is if the club teams would move to an aged based system the kid you are talking about would be forced to play 2 years above many of her teammates." Younger and smaller than all of them", give me a break ,another fact for you when its her time for the U15 tournament she will not be allowed to play with her current teammates.Cage on another note what can be done to pressure clubs to use age based systems so these discussions no longer have to take place.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Yes, there is no arguing the girl is a very good lax player! She is definitely an asset to whatever team she plays for. However, if she plays for 2020 - she is leaving a very good team with strong players (2019) and joining a very good team that also has strong players (2020). Either way lax is still a TEAM sport and regardless of how good you may or may not be you still need the rest of your team to help you! This applies to youth, club, school and college! I would also expect her to be stronger than most of the 2020 girls since she is a year older!

Was supposed to say **better** not stronger - damn auto correct!!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Why would you post this, you obviously know the kid and yet you come on here and lie." A few months older than some 2020 kids, actually she will be over a year older than many of the kids."The fact is if the club teams would move to an aged based system the kid you are talking about would be forced to play 2 years above many of her teammates." Younger and smaller than all of them", give me a break ,another fact for you when its her time for the U15 tournament she will not be allowed to play with her current teammates.Cage on another note what can be done to pressure clubs to use age based systems so these discussions no longer have to take place.

Would seem if she's a 2019 birthdate then she would be one year younger than 2018, the same age as 2019 and a year older than 2020! We are talking about age not grad year!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You people all need to get a life. You are debating over an 11 year old girl. Find a better hobby.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Correction.....12 year old girl

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Would seem if she's a 2019 birthdate then she would be one year younger than 2018, the same age as 2019 and a year older than 2020! We are talking about age not grad year!
Did the parents of this child wait until she was six before they registered her for kindergarten? I heard of people doing this so their child would have some kind of advantage when it comes to athletics.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Nothing because college coaches want it this way and that is who (in addition to the parents) the club directors pander to.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Seriously, kid is good player but not even best player on 2019 which is stacked w talent. Will be funny when she has to play at 2020 age in that those parents are crazy and now when little Susie superstar is the only focus of the offense you can bet some parents will be upset.Even better will be when those parents go and complain to B.S.does he cave to his superstar as he has done in the past and risk having kids leave the team .By the way saying she was best player 2 years older is just ridiculous,but thanks for the analysis mom or was it auntie.

Wrong. Parent of a 2018 teammate and she was better by far than anyone on that team. That being said, 2018 has many good players but no great players, no standout studs. Team has changed alot in past two years. Have to say when she was on team they played much better lacrosse than now, great transition, passing assists. Now every kid on the team fancies herself the stud and has a go to goal mentality. Whatever, hey I am jealous of this girl just like you, except I wish my kid played like her and wish her well, you are jealous and ill willed, you are a sorry excuse for a parent.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Wrong. Parent of a 2018 teammate and she was better by far than anyone on that team. That being said, 2018 has many good players but no great players, no standout studs. Team has changed alot in past two years. Have to say when she was on team they played much better lacrosse than now, great transition, passing assists. Now every kid on the team fancies herself the stud and has a go to goal mentality. Whatever, hey I am jealous of this girl just like you, except I wish my kid played like her and wish her well, you are jealous and ill willed, you are a sorry excuse for a parent.

This entire thread is an embarrassment to the club, you people are ALL INSANE AND NEED TO GET A LIFE!

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
OP Offline
Back of THE CAGE

This entire thread is an embarrassment to the club, you people are ALL INSANE AND NEED TO GET A LIFE!

I tink this whole topic needs to be put to bed. Enough already, calling out a sixth grader and anonymously critiquing her. Chide the coach (as you did) but stop discussing an 11yo. It's ugly. Better yet, talk to the coach instead of venting anon here.

Like Reply Quote
Page 82 of 220 1 2 80 81 82 83 84 219 220
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Link Copied to Clipboard