BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys High School Lax
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,821
Posts389,865
Members2,610
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 82 of 84 1 2 80 81 82 83 84
Re: Main Forum Philadelphia & Vicinity
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Those boys from jersey are gonna get birddog'd in round 1. let's go boys!!!

Is anybody looking for college advice from this guy?

Unlikely this is BM chippin 2031 laxers.
Oh agreed. I was pointing this out to the guy asking advice on Temple for his daughter and as an indicator of the brain trust gathered here. Zero Chance this is BM. Just some whacky parent drumming up some drama for 5th grade lax.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Those boys from jersey are gonna get birddog'd in round 1. let's go boys!!!

Is anybody looking for college advice from this guy?

Unlikely this is BM chippin 2031 laxers.
BM doesn’t care what anyone thinks of him. He ain’t trolling these boards. You don’t put that many kids in D1 wasting time posting on BOTC.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
5X Defending InterAC (Co-ed School) Champion Episcopal Academy hosts SCHA today.

This will be the first season in recent memory that SCHA has a chance to earn a share of the coveted (Co-ed School) InterAC Crown.

Best of luck to both teams.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
BM will have plenty of time to comment on here next year

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Top 5 updated tie Fords and Salliesanum, LaSalle, Marple, Malvern. Malvern chance to advance if they beat Salliesanum
This guy can finally take Marple out of his Top 5

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
How do you figure? Another high school will hire him in an instant.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

BM will have plenty of opportunities next year if GA (unlikely) decides to go in a different direction. Let's get real. He doesn't need GA and GA doesn't really care all that much about lacrosse. It's probably a good fit. He gets cheap access to high quality facility for his high-powered club program and GA has a coach who is content not getting the support he needs from the high school to build a program to compete with the other inter-ac schools. Sounds like a win-win for everybody there (except the kids who go to GA to play lacrosse, but that is only a few kids)

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
5X Defending InterAC (Co-ed School) Champion Episcopal Academy hosts SCHA today.

This will be the first season in recent memory that SCHA has a chance to earn a share of the coveted (Co-ed School) InterAC Crown.

SCHA 7 EA 6 game winner scored with 1 minute left. Great game. PISAA will be interesting this year. With Haverford and Malvern going to Prep Nationals

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

SCHA 7 EA 6 game winner scored with 1 minute left. Great game. PISAA will be interesting this year. With Haverford and Malvern going to Prep Nationals

Without Malvern and Haverford they changed name to lax.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

What does this even mean?

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

What does this even mean?
It means that all other lacrosse is pointless without Malvern and Haverford in the conversation.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Episcopal hasn’t been relevant in years and never will be, at least not in Boys lax.
SCH? Lolololol

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Episcopal hasn’t been relevant in years and never will be, at least not in Boys lax.
SCH? Lolololol

Please... Haverford is the joke. I've heard about what goes in the locker room there. I guess it shouldn't be frowned upon anymore. Have at it all you want boys!!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
SCH? Lolololol

Please... Haverford is the joke. I've heard about what goes in the locker room there. I guess it shouldn't be frowned upon anymore. Have at it all you want boys!!

Can you enlighten us what is going on in the locker room? Please post your teams record with the details.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
SCH? Lolololol
Yet their alumni are smarter and more successful. Stinks to be third at lacrosse though.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Spending your family money handed down to you doesn’t make you smarter and more successful; it makes you lucky.
And pathetic

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
6 wins 9 losses. But we plays a co-ed schedule.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Spending your family money handed down to you doesn’t make you smarter and more successful; it makes you lucky.
And pathetic
I am not sure why you feel spending inherited money makes you pathetic. Everyone has different priorities on what to do with money. Are you implying EA has more inherited money/grandparent assistance then Haverford or Malvern? That seems unlikely.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
nobody want to hear about the wealth of the student body at Malvern/Haverford/EA/SCH. It would be great if BOTC would start a different topic/room/thread for the Inter-ac people talk country club smack in. All the holdback complaints and daddy talk could just be there instead of out in the main forum with the regular folk.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Updated Pennsylvania Top 10, as per Laxnumbers.com:
1 Malvern Prep 16-3-0

2 Haverford School 17-1-0

3 La Salle College 17-0-0

4 Radnor 13-4-0

5 Springfield-Delco 14-2-0

6 Springside Chestnut Hill 12-6-0

7 Hill School 12-4-0

8 Episcopal Academy 12-5-0

9 Westtown 9-4-0

10 Marple Newtown 15-3-0

Not much movement in the last few weeks as favorites won most of the head to head games...PIAA AAA District 1 Tournament and State Championship should be interesting, as La Salle, Radnor and Springfield all appear to be pretty close. Thoughts?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
1 Malvern Prep 16-3-0

4 Radnor 13-4-0

7 Hill School 12-4-0

9 Westtown 9-4-0

10 Marple Newtown 15-3-0

Not much movement in the last few weeks as favorites won most of the head to head games...PIAA AAA District 1 Tournament and State Championship should be interesting, as La Salle, Radnor and Springfield all appear to be pretty close. Thoughts?
I don't see how Malvern can be above Haverford. Also the Central League teams look misranked, although all are great. Springfield seems considerably better then Radnor. Radnor and Marple seek to be about the same.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
1 Malvern Prep 16-3-0

4 Radnor 13-4-0

7 Hill School 12-4-0

9 Westtown 9-4-0

10 Marple Newtown 15-3-0

I don't see how Malvern can be above Haverford. Also the Central League teams look misranked, although all are great. Springfield seems considerably better then Radnor. Radnor and Marple seek to be about the same.

If it is from Laxnumbers as the author states - strength of schedule plays into all of the numbers. This isn't just someone choosing who goes where. Its very similar to the US Club ranking system.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I agree with the above weighted rankings. I do think that Radnor is actually one notch above Springfield. What's interesting about this is that Springfield is above Radnor in the PIAA District One rankings, which have weighting as well.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
LaSalle is very good but I feel like they play the Catholic league schedule and get lulled to sleep...then the PIAAs come around and they get beat. It's a shame SJP won't likely play in the PIAA this year because they are only taking one team from District 12. This may be Springfield's year but they will need to go through Radnor.

Marple looks like the team to beat in AA. I'm not sure any team in District 1 can challenge them.

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
I agree with the above weighted rankings. I do think that Radnor is actually one notch above Springfield. What's interesting about this is that Springfield is above Radnor in the PIAA District One rankings, which have weighting as well.

When you look at Central League performance, it would be Springfield, Marple, Radnor. Maybe Radnor just decided to show a little more mercy to teams they were beating.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
That is because Radnor plays non-District 1 teams. For the rankings you get 5 points for a win plus strength of schedule points. If you play out of District 1 you get 5 for the win and 0 for the loss. But no strength of schedule points but still divided by the amount of games you play. So Springfield has played less out of district games so it works in their favor.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
That is because Radnor plays non-District 1 teams. For the rankings you get 5 points for a win plus strength of schedule points. If you play out of District 1 you get 5 for the win and 0 for the loss. But no strength of schedule points but still divided by the amount of games you play. So Springfield has played less out of district games so it works in their favor.

That’s not how the District 1 website describes it.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

This is false. D1 power rankings do not weight D1 games any differently than out of district games.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
SCH? Lolololol

What goes on in the locker room? This is some funny Stuff. Let me get my popcorn. Seasons over. Better luck next year fella.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
If you wanna talk locker rooms, I’d focus on SCH and all the “furries” they have…they take progressive to a whole different level, yikes

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Some great early match ups in the PIAA. Unionville may be one of the toughest 24 seeds ever. They made a great run a couple years ago and have talent. I like Owen J over Wissahickon. I think Garnet Valley has the easiest path to the finals.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
If you wanna talk locker rooms, I’d focus on SCH and all the “furries” they have…they take progressive to a whole different level, yikes

Or the powder flying around in MP’s locker room!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Or the powder flying around in MP’s locker room!
With wealth comes access.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Some great early match ups in the PIAA. Unionville may be one of the toughest 24 seeds ever. They made a great run a couple years ago and have talent. I like Owen J over Wissahickon. I think Garnet Valley has the easiest path to the finals.

Agreed, as the eventual Champion will most likely be playing in the semifinals, on the other side of the bracket.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Great call… Chesmont is weak

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Just a shame having Springfield and Radnor on the same side. I understand there’s a point system but Radnor gets penalized for playing a very tough schedule. Meanwhile you have Downingtown East getting the 2 seed having played no one and getting beat easily by GV in their only tough game. Some common sense should be applied come bracket time.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Just a shame having Springfield and Radnor on the same side. I understand there’s a point system but Radnor gets penalized for playing a very tough schedule. Meanwhile you have Downingtown East getting the 2 seed having played no one and getting beat easily by GV in their only tough game. Some common sense should be applied come bracket time.

By that same logic, you should have about 22 District 1 teams in the state tournament instead of 6. District 1 AA should have at least 8 instead of 2.

Radnor, Springfield, and Garnet Valley are probably all top 25 (non private) teams in the country. D East played the schedule they had and beat some pretty good teams.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

The Chesmont is weak because their 6th place team barely lost to the Suburban League champ?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

The Chesmont is weak because their 6th place team barely lost to the Suburban League champ?

Everything is relative as it depends upon your baseline. Ches-Mont is definitely weak compared to the top of the Central League, but it's decent if comparing to the other PIAA leagues around the Philly area. And the Central League is not even as strong this year with Conestoga and Penncrest having down years. Add in that some of the other former powers from the Central League are still trying to build back up, like Ridley, Strath Haven and Lower Merion (from 20 years ago), and the Central League is very top heavy.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The Chesmont is weak because their 6th place team barely lost to the Suburban League champ?[/quote]

The Chesmont is weak comment stands alone. No one said the Suburban league was good,

Like Reply Quote
Page 82 of 84 1 2 80 81 82 83 84
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Link Copied to Clipboard