BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
Boys 2030 Midatlantic
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,822
Posts391,027
Members2,610
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 271 of 274 1 2 269 270 271 272 273 274
Re: Boys High School Lax
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Let me spell it out... it's about you coach and how you are classless to run up the score. the message you are sending your teams it is OK run the score up if the other team is not ar the same level. They will all feel worthless and quit. How does that benefit the sport... it doesn't.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
It is classless if the coach leaves the starters in to run up the score. If backups are playing and are able to score it would be unfair to them for a coach to tell his backups to essentially stall. Maybe a loss like this motivates the other team’s players to work harder over the off season. If it only motivates them to quit then they never had or will have a chance to begin with.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Let me spell it out... it's about you coach and how you are classless to run up the score. the message you are sending your teams it is OK run the score up if the other team is not ar the same level. They will all feel worthless and quit. How does that benefit the sport... it doesn't.

Then quit! It’s varsity lacrosse not PAL. Stop feeling sorry for yourself. QUIT!!!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

If it helps... the Suffolk team that advances is going to smash them. They're not a good team.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

If it helps... the Suffolk team that advances is going to smash them. They're not a good team.

Smash who? He’s whining and crying about Massapequa. Massapequa is awful and isn’t going to go anywhere.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Hey Hicksville mom, where was all the outrage when you beat Uniondale and Hempstead by double digits? Hypocrisy at its finest.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
This is amasapequa parent fool

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Sad what has happened to Ward Melville (boys). Hardworking and skilled kids, supportive and invested parents/community. I hope for them that it turns around, but that will require the program leadership (from the youth/development level up to the High School) to be willing to self reflect, own that there is a problem, get rid of the ego's and admit that you have to adapt and change strategy every year based on your roster strengths/weaknesses. Just too much talent on that squad to wiped like that by NP this year. 3 straight years of County QF ousters and while this years was the largest margin, none of the other's were truly close either. Not an encouraging trend.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Well that figures then. Ruined the program with your whining to the AD about the previous coach, now whining about the current coach. Go grab a whistle you 🤡.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Well that figures then. Ruined the program with your whining to the AD about the previous coach, now whining about the current coach. Go grab a whistle you 🤡.

I still don't understand what happened to the prior coach. My kids play for another Class A school and have watched Pequa play many times over the years. I used to think they were incredibly well coached.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Sad what has happened to Ward Melville (boys). Hardworking and skilled kids, supportive and invested parents/community. I hope for them that it turns around, but that will require the program leadership (from the youth/development level up to the High School) to be willing to self reflect, own that there is a problem, get rid of the ego's and admit that you have to adapt and change strategy every year based on your roster strengths/weaknesses. Just too much talent on that squad to wiped like that by NP this year. 3 straight years of County QF ousters and while this years was the largest margin, none of the other's were truly close either. Not an encouraging trend.

The game against Npt was not as close as the score.
The game could not have been any more one sided. And WM Fogo probably won 2/3 of the faceoffs.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Wantagh wouldnt be top 6 in D1/Suffolk..
Think about this, Wantagh will beat BBP in LI championship. BBP would be tops in D1 Suffolk.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Think about this ..nobody that’s knows about lacrosse cares , it’s just really bad public school low level lacrosse!
I have been around Long Island lacrosse for 30 years and it’s never been worse! The big boys are worse than the little schools, and even they aren’t good! Darien a Ct public school beat Manhasset by 15 goals !
Chaminade embarrassed Darien ..
Enjoy the game, have fun watching little Johnny , but comparing Nassau to Suffolk and League 1 to league 4 is like comparing bad to worse..All the talent runs to the private schools Chaminades JV would beat Syosett by 10 !

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Yea well nothing was close by any measure (effort, preparedness, execution) in the QF game (14-3), no-one is arguing that. It was a close/good game during the regular season (10-9) that could have gone either way. And agree, WM logo is top level so one would think that SHOULD be an element that gives WM the edge. It didn't, so the question is... Why? Same players on both sides as in April, no major injuries, etc. NP made adjustments based off the April game, WM did not. Whose responsibility is that?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Think about this ..nobody that’s knows about lacrosse cares , it’s just really bad public school low level lacrosse!
I have been around Long Island lacrosse for 30 years and it’s never been worse! The big boys are worse than the little schools, and even they aren’t good! Darien a Ct public school beat Manhasset by 15 goals !
Enjoy the game, have fun watching little Johnny , but comparing Nassau to Suffolk and League 1 to league 4 is like comparing bad to worse..All the talent runs to the private schools Chaminades JV would beat Syosett by 10 !

St.Anthony's is on another level no doubt. But Chaminade would have a tough go with a Southside and GC this year.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

St.Anthony's is on another level no doubt. But Chaminade would have a tough go with a Southside and GC this year.

This sounds like a Chaminade coach trying to poach more of the public schools talent. You're not beating St. Anthony's anytime soon just give it up. Manhasset is having down year, they lost four All Americans from a year ago, among many other great players, and have numerous injuries this year. Manhasset dominated everyone last year despite having multiple division 1 commits at other high schools. If they retained all of their talent they could have ran the table against the whole country. This is true in many years, especially with Manhasset and Garden City and occasionally South Side. For example, if South Side got their players back from Chaminade this year they would would dominate if the two teams played. DOMINATE! The Notre Dame and UNC commits from Rockville Centre were the only reason that Chaminade was competitive this year with their lackluster schedule. As for the statement "Chaminades JV would beat Syosset by 10" is just an ignorant. No doubt there is some great talent on the team but they played a crappy schedule and lost twice to St. Anthony's JV team which was made up of mainly freshman. That is just embarrassing, the gap between Chaminade and St. Anthony's has grown quite a bit. I would say this is because of poor Chaminade coaching and the fact that they play a weak schedule. If you think player will develop better on Chaminade JV rather than a varsity team such as Garden City, South Side, or Manhasset who are making a run at a state championship you are foolish. They could get a ton of exposure, playing at Hofstra in the county and state playoffs in late May and early June when the NCAA season is practically over. Chaminade's season ends before the NCAA tournament even starts. Public school is healthy and advantageous choice, I don't get the shade towards them.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I was on Instagram and saw a video of the final 37 seconds of the Massapequa vs Syosset game as well as the celebration after. It was posted by @ChillLaxin. Let me just say that the Pequa program and players should be embarrassed of themselves. At the end of the video you could see the Pequa players making sexual gestures towards the Syosset fan section. Go check it out for yourself, it is just a terrible look for their program. @ChillLaxin took it down, I guess after they noticed what the Pequa players were doing, and reposted a cut version. You could still see them doing obscene gestures in the background, they just cut out the part where number ** the Umass commit) was front and center, doing what you may call "stroking the pipe" right at the Syosset fans. It was disgusting and the Umass coaches should be extremely dissapointed. You would think they would be more humble considering they have been slapped around by teams like Garden City, South Side, and Farmingdale this year. Also, I know there are a lot of Pequa parents on here so before you call me a sore Syosset Parent know that I have never stepped a foot in that town. I'm just a person who noticed something disgusting.

Last edited by BiggLax; .
Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Nice disclaimer at the end of your post, Syosset sore lost.
The UMASS commit played very well and keep in mind they are kids, if he indeed do something inappropriate. I will say that the Syosset fans were taunting him all night so if he did something back to them, good for him. The UMASS coach should be very happy that he got that kid.
You should be on here condemning the way the drunk Syosset kids were behaving.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
That player that you mentioned is the heart and soul of that Massapequa team. He is an outstanding kid, fantastic leader and and UMASS is getting a high-quality character kid. He was instrumental in bringing Massapequa back last night and was excited after picking off a pass, bringing it down the field for a game winning assist (he also had 2 goals) You cannot find a kid on that team that does not love him and look up to him. If you are going to spend you nights and days trolling lax social media sites, you should at least have some context as to why he did that gesture. Next time you want to comment on a great kid like that, do some research other than a 3 second clip on the internet

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Not sure what is worse. The player doing the inappropriate gestures to the syosset stands or the Massapequa parents on here defending it. Go Dalers.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I cant find the clip where he allegedly did something inappropriate, so yes he should be defended.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Nice disclaimer at the end of your post, Syosset sore lost.
The UMASS commit played very well and keep in mind they are kids, if he indeed do something inappropriate. I will say that the Syosset fans were taunting him all night so if he did something back to them, good for him. The UMASS coach should be very happy that he got that kid.
You should be on here condemning the way the drunk Syosset kids were behaving.

I'm not saying he's a bad kid, he's a great player and probably just made a mistake. I'm just saying it is a bit embarrassing especially for the Pequa coaching staff who have already been under heavy criticism. If he was making those gestures towards the Syosset student section I don't find that terrible, I wasn't there so I don't know exactly where the gestures were directed. However, you have to consider that they're a ton of youth at these games, middle and elementary schoolers especially. I just feel that they shouldn't be exposed to that, and it was the whole Pequa team making these gestures. It's just setting a terrible example for all the young players on the Pequa team. The coach should address what happened.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
That player that you mentioned is the heart and soul of that Massapequa team. He is an outstanding kid, fantastic leader and and UMASS is getting a high-quality character kid. He was instrumental in bringing Massapequa back last night and was excited after picking off a pass, bringing it down the field for a game winning assist (he also had 2 goals) You cannot find a kid on that team that does not love him and look up to him. If you are going to spend you nights and days trolling lax social media sites, you should at least have some context as to why he did that gesture. Next time you want to comment on a great kid like that, do some research other than a 3 second clip on the internet

Well to be fair you wouldn’t make the gesture after dropping a pass. Why not just celebrate the goal with teammates. Seems strange to say it’s okay to give fans sexual gestures if you made a really good play.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
My family and I all went to Hofstra last night for a day of family bonding. My children agreed to trade in their 20 minute screen time allotment per day to see some high school lacrosse action. After my youngest finished his wall ball session (now that PAL is over, they need the reps), we headed off to the stadium. The game was exciting and I captured some great videos which I uploaded to my Instagram account. Hopefully the algorithm won't stray from it's current pattern of lacrosse highlights and instructionals; I think my middle son is ready to attempt the Rusty Gate in his next club game, but I digress. I was factchecking some research about lacrosse scholarships and was reading how that there really isn't any money for athletes for college lacrosse, when the lewd gesture by the Massapequa player took the place. The incident was so bad my family and I are now in counseling. Our first session is later today. Hopefully, it won't make us late for my oldest son's tour of St. Anthony's later in the day, as he will be an incoming freshman next year. We don't usually go to public school games and probably won't after this disgusting display. Sad!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Chaminade will smoke SouthSide, GC and as seen Manhasset also

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Manhasset beat GC in the semis. Tell us again how good GC is and how bad Manhasset is...

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
That game was intense and emotional and hard fought. Watch that video closely until the very end and you will see that same player taking his helmet off to help pick up the student syo midfielder from the ground and say good game. He was the only one. This should be the focus. He plays the game hard and is a very respectful kid of high character.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Not sure what is worse. The player doing the inappropriate gestures to the syosset stands or the Massapequa parents on here defending it. Go Dalers.

Yeah, everyone knows how classy Farmingdale is. Thanks Daler mom

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
My family and I all went to Hofstra last night for a day of family bonding. My children agreed to trade in their 20 minute screen time allotment per day to see some high school lacrosse action. After my youngest finished his wall ball session (now that PAL is over, they need the reps), we headed off to the stadium. The game was exciting and I captured some great videos which I uploaded to my Instagram account. Hopefully the algorithm won't stray from it's current pattern of lacrosse highlights and instructionals; I think my middle son is ready to attempt the Rusty Gate in his next club game, but I digress. I was factchecking some research about lacrosse scholarships and was reading how that there really isn't any money for athletes for college lacrosse, when the lewd gesture by the Massapequa player took the place. The incident was so bad my family and I are now in counseling. Our first session is later today. Hopefully, it won't make us late for my oldest son's tour of St. Anthony's later in the day, as he will be an incoming freshman next year. We don't usually go to public school games and probably won't after this disgusting display. Sad!

This long winded post has to be a joke correct. The truth of the matter is what happened after game ended wasn’t a great look because it was caught on tape. But if you think every high school team public and private don’t say and do the same thing than you are ignorant too.

This incident was a silly act by great kids. I’ve witnessed on lacrosse fields football fields and baseball fields all schools doing and saying very similar things.

When playing St Anthony’s in winter league their so called good catholic school kids used words and said things to kids on opposing teams that should have their scholarships pulled based on your assessment. But you know what no one cares after the game was over because certain towns have thicker skin than others.

So don’t think by sending your kid to st Anthony’s you are going to be holier then any public school kid because more bad stuff goes on there then most public schools. Ask anyone with a clue.

At the end of the day there are kids who sometimes get caught up in emotions of the game. If no one was physically harmed then get over it and move on you woke liberal fool.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Sorry. High character is not about taunting the Syosset goalie after you score and making those gestures to the Syosset side that was filled with many women and children. If that’s high character …..stop defending that behavior pequa dad/mom.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

No one is defending anything. All they’re saying is the kid being discussed on a public forum by so called adults not only helped the other team player up after the game ended but is an absolute gentleman, leader, mentor and a tremendous teammate.

Occasionally great people say and do things that are mistakes. Don’t publicly lash a kid for one lapse in judgement because no one on this forum is a perfect citizen

Not to mention the taunting from the 40 spectators Syosset had at game ( slightly more then they had at playoff football game) were nasty. So sometimes kids make incorrect decisions while in the heat of the moment.

Chill out man. Remember when we were all kids people would have laughed this off.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

No one is defending anything. All they’re saying is the kid being discussed on a public forum by so called adults not only helped the other team player up after the game ended but is an absolute gentleman, leader, mentor and a tremendous teammate.

Occasionally great people say and do things that are mistakes. Don’t publicly lash a kid for one lapse in judgement because no one on this forum is a perfect citizen

Not to mention the taunting from the 40 spectators Syosset had at game ( slightly more then they had at playoff football game) were nasty. So sometimes kids make incorrect decisions while in the heat of the moment.

Chill out man. Remember when we were all kids people would have laughed this off.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Everyone knows Massapequa people are so full of themselves and for some reason think their town is greatest and act like there some high class for god knows why but when compared to towns on north shore there meaningless and they're just a bunch of @ChillLaxin and things like this just prove it time and time again. Just gotta accept it better to let them live in their delusional world and move on.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Our first session is later today. Hopefully, it won't make us late for my oldest son's tour of St. Anthony's later in the day, as he will be an incoming freshman next year. We don't usually go to public school games and probably won't after this disgusting display. Sad![/quote]

This long winded post has to be a joke correct. The truth of the matter is what happened after game ended wasn’t a great look because it was caught on tape. But if you think every high school team public and private don’t say and do the same thing than you are ignorant too.

This incident was a silly act by great kids. I’ve witnessed on lacrosse fields football fields and baseball fields all schools doing and saying very similar things.

When playing St Anthony’s in winter league their so called good catholic school kids used words and said things to kids on opposing teams that should have their scholarships pulled based on your assessment. But you know what no one cares after the game was over because certain towns have thicker skin than others.

So don’t think by sending your kid to st Anthony’s you are going to be holier then any public school kid because more bad stuff goes on there then most public schools. Ask anyone with a clue.

At the end of the day there are kids who sometimes get caught up in emotions of the game. If no one was physically harmed then get over it and move on you woke liberal fool.[/quote]

The first statement is obviously a joke and not a real family. However, I just wanted to add to this. St. Anthony's players have some of the worst behaviour. Let's not forgot how in 2022, after they beat Chaminade in the championship game in overtime, they all ran towards the Chaminade fan section and cursed out Chaminade families. They said a ton of terrible things while flipping the parents off. You could ask any Chaminade parent who was at the game and they would back this statement up. Classless displays everywhere! I haven't seen this behaviour with teams such as Garden City, Manhasset, Chaminade, and South Side among others.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You adults criticizing a kid here is pathetic. Actually, it is embarrassing that you are calling him out. Go hide in your basement so you don't get offended by anything today.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
GC with the L to Manhasset. So much for thinking you're the best team on LI

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Shut the IAmInsecure up

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Shut up lil bro

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Everyone knows Massapequa people are so full of themselves and for some reason think their town is greatest and act like there some high class for god knows why but when compared to towns on north shore there meaningless and they're just a bunch of @ChillLaxin and things like this just prove it time and time again. Just gotta accept it better to let them live in their delusional world and move on.

The detest is real!! How do we go from a kid made a mistake in the heat of emotions to everyone in a town is an @ChillLaxin and we live on the north shore so we are better.. the Insecurity is ridiculous when you have to say such ridiculous things.

Truth of the matter is Massapequa wins a lot in every sport and When you win a lot people don’t like it. It’s called jealousy.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
UMass coach won't like that video if he ever sees it. He's very old school.

I've heard fans, mostly high school kids who are probably jealous, taunt EVERY committed kid on our team at every game.

I saw the video and it's not great but the video doesn't include any context for how those fans were acting all game. That doesn't make it right but these are teenagers and they are competitive.

Like Reply Quote
Page 271 of 274 1 2 269 270 271 272 273 274
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Link Copied to Clipboard