BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,814
Posts388,038
Members2,610
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 77 of 81 1 2 75 76 77 78 79 80 81
Re: MD Girls 2028
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
M&D takes back to back losses and this thread is awfully quiet the past week or so. Coincidence…I think not.

It's been quiet in here for months. Can only assume girls are getting older and people are starting to realize how pointless it is to bicker between teams about middle school wins and losses

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
M&D takes back to back losses and this thread is awfully quiet the past week or so. Coincidence…I think not.

It's been quiet in here for months. Can only assume girls are getting older and people are starting to realize how pointless it is to bicker between teams about middle school wins and losses

You'd be surprised. For a lot of parents, it's all they have. But yes, in 9th grade the club chatter dissipates. But then you have to listen to the private school parents talk about which high school team is the best. It is comical

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

You'd be surprised. For a lot of parents, it's all they have. But yes, in 9th grade the club chatter dissipates. But then you have to listen to the private school parents talk about which high school team is the best. It is comical

It’s worse than the Club chatter. It now extends to local Baltimore County schools verse the schools closer to DC.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

It’s worse than the Club chatter. It now extends to local Baltimore County schools verse the schools closer to DC.

As somebody eloquently said...."For a lot of these parents, it's all they have"

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

They need a way to justify spending 10s of thousands of dollars for a high school education!

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
As somebody eloquently said...."For a lot of these parents, it's all they have"[/quote]
They need a way to justify spending 10s of thousands of dollars for a high school education![/quote]
You have it completely backwards. The education is the justification- the chances of going to a better college with or without lacrosse are clearly much better. The outcomes are better after college as well. Lacrosse is a way into these schools and in some cases a way to pay for it.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
They need a way to justify spending 10s of thousands of dollars for a high school education![/quote]
You have it completely backwards. The education is the justification- the chances of going to a better college with or without lacrosse are clearly much better. The outcomes are better after college as well. Lacrosse is a way into these schools and in some cases a way to pay for it.[/quote]
False!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

They need a way to justify spending 10s of thousands of dollars for a high school education!

Not sure where you were in 2020 but the public schools completely failed those kids and that ripple will continue to show. It was so bad they tried to get rid of test results as entry to college, just think about that for a minute.

Can't imagine sending your kid to public if you have the financial means to do otherwise.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
How is that false? Show me the college placements to prove it. Both players and non players. Have you lived through the experience or just angry at those who have? Casting stones….

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Do what is best for you, your child and family. Don’t worry about what others are doing. Either way if you as a parent are engaged in their life they should be fine. I have kids at both private and public schools as well as college. All are doing great. One doesn’t guarantee anything over the other. Lacrosse is supposed to be fun for the kids so just remember that. Now let’s move on to the Lacrosse. After a couple weeks it’s been pretty exciting and can’t wait to see who ends up winning it all.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Anyone else notice how quiet it is when M&D Black keeps losing???

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Yeah, sad you don’t have anything better to talk about than M&D. You’ve tried this comment twice and it never gets any traction. Give it up.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You will still be at their tryouts. Don’t even lie.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

They will need to fill some holes after the defections !
Team is platueaing or regressing. They need a big time playmaker for sure. They thought they got one with the Copp player but she isn’t the answer.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I see there is a ranking change as well. Teams will go up and down as players development and team chemistry develops further. High School here we come right??

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

They will need to fill some holes after the defections !
Team is platueaing or regressing. They need a big time playmaker for sure. They thought they got one with the Copp player but she isn’t the answer.

More talk about another M&D teams downfall... these post usually don't age well.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Looks like all M&D teams except 31 have dropped in rankings compared to others. A few years back most were top 3 in all age groups. Now 25-28 have all taken a drop. Heros is top 3 in most age groups now!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Looks like all M&D teams except 31 have dropped in rankings compared to others. A few years back most were top 3 in all age groups. Now 25-28 have all taken a drop. Heros is top 3 in most age groups now!

Few years back? First, it is still a little early this year... as for last year all their teams finished in the top 4 last year by end of summer last season. 1,2,4,3,4,2 (24's thru 29s). The finished as the number 2 club overall in the rankings a mere .05 points behind YJ.

I wouldn't base anything off the fall. Not enough common opponents. Is 28 black struggling, sure one could make that argument. But I wouldn't hang my hat on fall/early spring rankings. So far this year the 31s,30s and 29s all beat Heros in the NGLL regular season. Only the 28s did not.

This conversation is had every fall/early spring and by end of season rankings M&D finishes near the top of every age group. Additionally, as for the High School teams, it is all about recruiting and no one can argue M&D's success in that area. Look at the '25 M&D team and tell me that isn't consider success regardless if they went from 2nd to 3rd in the rankings.

Heros is a fantastic program and deserves all the respect. With that said, suggesting M&D as a club is on the decline because of 28 blacks struggles is a stretch at best. Just be happy your in the best region for lacrosse and your DD will get insane exposure in two years when it matters.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Few years back? First, it is still a little early this year... as for last year all their teams finished in the top 4 last year by end of summer last season. 1,2,4,3,4,2 (24's thru 29s). The finished as the number 2 club overall in the rankings a mere .05 points behind YJ.

I wouldn't base anything off the fall. Not enough common opponents. Is 28 black struggling, sure one could make that argument. But I wouldn't hang my hat on fall/early spring rankings. So far this year the 31s,30s and 29s all beat Heros in the NGLL regular season. Only the 28s did not.

This conversation is had every fall/early spring and by end of season rankings M&D finishes near the top of every age group. Additionally, as for the High School teams, it is all about recruiting and no one can argue M&D's success in that area. Look at the '25 M&D team and tell me that isn't consider success regardless if they went from 2nd to 3rd in the rankings.

Heros is a fantastic program and deserves all the respect. With that said, suggesting M&D as a club is on the decline because of 28 blacks struggles is a stretch at best. Just be happy you're in the best region for lacrosse and your DD will get insane exposure in two years when it matters.

Not affiliated with M&D, but I would be very happy if my DD was, for a number of reasons, including the prior poster's point on recruiting. I guess I don't really understand an argument that M&D is struggling. Yes they have lost 2 games each to the top 3 teams (Eagle Stix, Hero's Green and Coppermine)--which appear to have separated themselves from the pack. Yes, they lost a one-goal game in NGLL to a Crush team that is playing great lacrosse. They have beaten every other team they have played. Sounds like the standard, that every M&D team must be top 3 at all times, AND beat Hero's during the season, is a pretty high bar.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Heros is a fantastic program and deserves all the respect. With that said, suggesting M&D as a club is on the decline because of 28 blacks struggles is a stretch at best. Just be happy your in the best region for lacrosse and your DD will get insane exposure in two years when it matters.

No overall downfall, but the 28 team is regressing, not progressing. They have added talent but aren't getting better.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Some interesting scores and results this weekend. M&D Red, Pride, STARS.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

We are moving into the HS years where the exact ranking matters less than being in the top tier of teams. The top tier of teams will get all of the same college coaches watching their games regardless of specific ranking because they will all be playing each other. Coppermine may be chasing a number 1 ranking because they are trying to build their recruiting reputation, but the well established clubs, Hero’s, M&D, Skywalkers, will be fine regardless of whether their age group is ranked a few spots above or below other years. The team out of the DC area is a good example. Capital doesn’t even form until high school and some years has higher ranked teams and some years not so high, but they play in the top tier and have similar recruiting success. All of the girls playing for the top clubs will have an opportunity to play at the next level, if they are athletic enough, work hard enough outside of club, market themselves enough and have good enough grades. We are very fortunate to be in this area. We can stop arguing about rankings and start hoping every girls finds the right fit for her should she choose to pursue lacrosse farther than HS.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
They're currently ranked as the 6th best club team in the country for their age - they'll be fine. They might win a few less games that matter to like 45 people in the world, but they'll all go to good colleges. (This is coming from a parent of a girl in another club in another year, but c'mon people - celebrate these girls!)

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Yeah, I was not expecting Monday to be all about the downfall of M&D after what happened on Sunday.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Can M&D Red compete with Black??

Pride will be a tough out in the playoffs.

FCA looks to be much improved.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

No overall downfall, but the 28 team is regressing, not progressing. They have added talent but aren't getting better.

Looking at their NGLL scores, why are the only scoring 5-6 goals a game against the better teams?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Looking at their NGLL scores, why are the only scoring 5-6 goals a game against the better teams?

1 main factor and it's easy to see and figure out.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Built around coaches daughter. Their top player gets lots of attention and midfield isn’t elite. I see 3 factors.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Built around coaches daughter. Their top player gets lots of attention and midfield isn’t elite. I see 3 factors.

What team has an elite midfield other than Coppermine? Very subjective opinion on that. The team should be scoring more than they are and it's not whether people think the midfield is elite or not.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
They can’t get themselves open ! Is that better? They have 1 girl that can get shots on her own.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Spent the last three weekends at the Copperplex. Anyone else find it to be complete heck?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Spent the last three weekends at the Copperplex. Anyone else find it to be complete heck?
I don’t think anyone including the Coppermine parents like it. Parking is a disaster and there isn’t a single field that will accommodate spectators for a championship.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
@ChillLaxin talking the team doesn’t work, move on to their fields. lost.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[@ChillLaxin talking the team doesn’t work, move on to their fields. lost.[/quote]

It ain’t “their” fields. Not everything is about your team.

As for the fields. I don’t know how they will host all day tournaments. No parking or area for tents. It will be tough. With that said the complex is really nice and once the bathrooms and food/vendor area is complete it will be really nice.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The championship was better off staying at Garrison Forest. For the National Championship, Copperplex is a bad venue to have that. The idea of 8 turf fields was nice, but the execution of it is pretty bad.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
1. Location is horrible for the majority of teams.
2. No parking. And it is one way in and out, making it take forever to exit/enter
3. Due to lack of parking, you have to find a strip of grass to park on 1/2 mile down the road
4. No room for spectators
5. No room for tents
6. Outhouses are minimal and in terrible locations. In front of a narrow sidewalk in the parking lot?
7. Can't tell where the lines are on the field.

Agree the amount of fields are nice. But that's the only thing it has going for it. Can't imagine a tournament there. I hope NGLL takes all these issues into consideration for next year. But I'm guessing they got a sweetheart deal to use Copperplex as their primary location.

Like Reply Quote
loyo29 #437964 Yesterday at 07:49 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
As it should be, Coppermine and Hero's will play for regular season champion in NGLL next weekend.

If Coppermine loses, assuming I understand the tiebreakers correctly, they would drop to the 3 seed, but if Crush shuts out NEMS and Coppermine gives up more than 6 goals to Hero's they could drop to the 4th seed. Tough luck for Stars, the likely 5th seed in that case.

If Hero's Green loses, they should stay in second due to their head to head win over Pride, but not entirely sure if they go to Goals Against first, as there would be 3 7-1 teams and they haven't all played.

In any case, shaping up for a good last week of regular season and an exciting playoffs.

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #437979 Yesterday at 09:56 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
As it should be, Coppermine and Hero's will play for regular season champion in NGLL next weekend.

If Coppermine loses, assuming I understand the tiebreakers correctly, they would drop to the 3 seed, but if Crush shuts out NEMS and Coppermine gives up more than 6 goals to Hero's they could drop to the 4th seed. Tough luck for Stars, the likely 5th seed in that case.

If Hero's Green loses, they should stay in second due to their head to head win over Pride, but not entirely sure if they go to Goals Against first, as there would be 3 7-1 teams and they haven't all played.

In any case, shaping up for a good last week of regular season and an exciting playoffs.

Head to head usually gets tossed out the window if there are more than 2 teams with the same record. So with 3 teams at 7-1, goals against and goal differential will be used to rank 2, 3 and 4. Pride’s goals against is ridiculously because of their weak schedule so they will slide into #2 despite losing to hero’s (should hero’s be one of the other 7-1 teams.)

Like Reply Quote
loyo29 #437999 6 hours ago
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
1. Coppermine
2. Pride
3. Crush
4. Hero's
5. Stars
6. M&D
7. Skywalkers
8. FCA

Coppermine over FCA by 7
Skywalkers over Pride by 2
Crush over M&D by 1
Hero's over Stars by 8

Crush over Skywalkers by 3
Hero's over Coppermine by 2

Hero's over Crush by 1

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #438032 5 hours ago
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
1. Coppermine
2. Pride
3. Crush
4. Hero's
5. Stars
6. M&D
7. Skywalkers
8. FCA

Coppermine over FCA by 7
Skywalkers over Pride by 2
Crush over M&D by 1
Hero's over Stars by 8

Crush over Skywalkers by 3
Hero's over Coppermine by 2

Hero's over Crush by 1

Couple of points:

- Coppermine has to beat Hero's, which is no gimme.
- Assuming #1 occurs, Hero's will almost certainly be #2 seed because head-to-head is only thrown out when there is a three-way tie in head-to-head, which is not the case here.

So, Pride would play M&D Black instead of Skywalkers.

Like Reply Quote
Page 77 of 81 1 2 75 76 77 78 79 80 81
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Link Copied to Clipboard