Originally Posted by Anonymous
Looks like all M&D teams except 31 have dropped in rankings compared to others. A few years back most were top 3 in all age groups. Now 25-28 have all taken a drop. Heros is top 3 in most age groups now!

Few years back? First, it is still a little early this year... as for last year all their teams finished in the top 4 last year by end of summer last season. 1,2,4,3,4,2 (24's thru 29s). The finished as the number 2 club overall in the rankings a mere .05 points behind YJ.

I wouldn't base anything off the fall. Not enough common opponents. Is 28 black struggling, sure one could make that argument. But I wouldn't hang my hat on fall/early spring rankings. So far this year the 31s,30s and 29s all beat Heros in the NGLL regular season. Only the 28s did not.

This conversation is had every fall/early spring and by end of season rankings M&D finishes near the top of every age group. Additionally, as for the High School teams, it is all about recruiting and no one can argue M&D's success in that area. Look at the '25 M&D team and tell me that isn't consider success regardless if they went from 2nd to 3rd in the rankings.

Heros is a fantastic program and deserves all the respect. With that said, suggesting M&D as a club is on the decline because of 28 blacks struggles is a stretch at best. Just be happy your in the best region for lacrosse and your DD will get insane exposure in two years when it matters.

No overall downfall, but the 28 team is regressing, not progressing. They have added talent but aren't getting better.

Looking at their NGLL scores, why are the only scoring 5-6 goals a game against the better teams?

1 main factor and it's easy to see and figure out.
Built around coaches daughter. Their top player gets lots of attention and midfield isn’t elite. I see 3 factors.

What team has an elite midfield other than Coppermine? Very subjective opinion on that. The team should be scoring more than they are and it's not whether people think the midfield is elite or not.