BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,817
Posts388,300
Members2,610
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 72 of 81 1 2 70 71 72 73 74 80 81
Re: MD Girls 2028
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
I think the poster was saying that Coppermine is imploding (which is ridiculous), but I could be wrong.

No, they were definitely saying Aces is imploding which is probably also ridiculous.

Imploding may be an overstatement, but losing starters to lower ranked clubs definitely shows something isn't right.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Agree that is not a great look for their first recruiting class to be ranked that high with those results. Aces 2026 is ranked #2 and Aces 2027 #8 so they have a couple very strong classes coming up if they can keep it together and hopefully build on it. Coppermine 2028 will be it's first very highly ranked team to go through the recruitment process and I assume the top 8-10 girls will be fine but the girls with minimal playing time might find the process not what they hoped.

Crush 2028 will be the first team in the history of the club to make it to the recruitment years (assuming they continue as a club through high school)- I assume the coach is saying all the right things about his connections and trust him etc but with absolutely no recruitment history and possibly not attending the top recruiting tournaments, that is probably the most unknown situation if you are hoping your daughter plays college lacrosse.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I think the poster was saying that Coppermine is imploding (which is ridiculous), but I could be wrong.

No, they were definitely saying Aces is imploding which is probably also ridiculous.

Imploding may be an overstatement, but losing starters to lower ranked clubs definitely shows something isn't right.

Girls come and go to different clubs all the time. Maybe it's the player, maybe the parents maybe something else. It happens with all clubs at every level.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Girls come and go to different clubs all the time. Maybe it's the player, maybe the parents maybe something else. It happens with all clubs at every level.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Agree that is not a great look for their first recruiting class to be ranked that high with those results. Aces 2026 is ranked #2 and Aces 2027 #8 so they have a couple very strong classes coming up if they can keep it together and hopefully build on it. Coppermine 2028 will be it's first very highly ranked team to go through the recruitment process and I assume the top 8-10 girls will be fine but the girls with minimal playing time might find the process not what they hoped.

Crush 2028 will be the first team in the history of the club to make it to the recruitment years (assuming they continue as a club through high school)- I assume the coach is saying all the right things about his connections and trust him etc but with absolutely no recruitment history and possibly not attending the top recruiting tournaments, that is probably the most unknown situation if you are hoping your daughter plays college lacrosse.

the crush girls can always play at franklin & marshall!!

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Is Bryn Mawr good this year? Are they getting recruits? What do you think the pre-season rankings look like?

Not very good and don’t get lots of top level kids.

They are like the other middle of the pack A conference teams. They have some really talented players. The new goalie won’t be much of a drop off from the ones who graduated. They have one of the best defenders in the country. They have some talented attack and midfielders. Top to bottom talent and depth is the issue for them, RPCS, GFS, and NDP. They all can surprise a top team but not consistently beat the top teams.

Pre season rankings don’t mean much especially in HS.

What club does the “new” goalie play for and was she JV last year or new to school?

Yes, do tell. I want a good laugh.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I finally had to login to read this BS i hear parents chattering about. Typical dads who likely can't walk and chew gum chiming in about that of which they know little. Keep it up as this is very entertaining. Some parents sound like their kid is actually on the team they are trashing since they reference playing time while some clearly must have left for another team. Just so you know its ok to tell your kids that they just aren't good enough. Try it some time.and then put them on a proper team based upon their talent level. Oh wait...you can't do that because you wanna be able to tell your friends in the same breathe they are on the best team in the world! Comical. I'm so happy this is my last year of club ball before my daughter heads to a really good D3 school for her education.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I finally had to login to read this BS i hear parents chattering about. Typical dads who likely can't walk and chew gum chiming in about that of which they know little. Keep it up as this is very entertaining. Some parents sound like their kid is actually on the team they are trashing since they reference playing time while some clearly must have left for another team. Just so you know its ok to tell your kids that they just aren't good enough. Try it some time.and then put them on a proper team based upon their talent level. Oh wait...you can't do that because you wanna be able to tell your friends in the same breathe they are on the best team in the world! Comical. I'm so happy this is my last year of club ball before my daughter heads to a really good D3 school for her education.

You sound like fun at parties.

You know what the hardest part of my day is, trying to get the right verification letters on these comments. Why do they make it so hard?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

You sound like fun at parties.

You know what the hardest part of my day is, trying to get the right verification letters on these comments. Why do they make it so hard?

"Its OK to tell your kids they just aren't good enough"

I assume this parent is awkward to say the least.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The guy sounds like a Marine! I think his comment is more directed towards the parents who complain about everything, But their kids are not top quality but its everyone's fault except for theirs. We all have those parents on our teams. The ones who want to be the champs but don't realize their kid is a roster spot who makes the money and budget work. Think about it and you will get a better understanding of the failures of youth sports in America right now.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Here's a hot take for you- Crush 28 is possibly the most improved team in the league. Not player acquisition wise but with regard to true player development, Their coach rubs people the wrong way for sure but its noticeable just playing against them over the winte r. NGLL is gonna be a good one this year even if its been planted at Coppermine in HarCo

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Let's get some HOT TAKES going now that we are on the cusp of NGLL and parents are getting all lathered up!

Top 5 Power Rankings (PRESEASON) w/ commentary-

1- Coppermine- Top 8 players are all Top 100 so its theirs to lose. Biggest issue is there is only one ball.
2- Heros- Solid squad and possibly the best schemes in the 2028 group. They keep improving each season and are the only threat to Coppermine.
3- M&D- Decent talent but can they overcome the energy the HC brings. Currently lacking a difference maker which keeps them a distant #3.
4- MD United- Lost their best player but they always seem to hang in there. They will beat somebody but wont be there at the end.
5- Crush- Well coached and Blue Collar type of play. You better bring it against them of they will knock you out.

Others considered:

Skywalkers- Always a tough out but they appear to be going in the wrong direction. Not one player could start on the Top 3 teams in the league.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Let's get some HOT TAKES going now that we are on the cusp of NGLL and parents are getting all lathered up!

1- Coppermine- Top 8 players are all Top 100 so its theirs to lose. Biggest issue is there is only one ball.
2- Heros- Solid squad and possibly the best schemes in the 2028 group. They keep improving each season and are the only threat to Coppermine.
3- M&D- Decent talent but can they overcome the energy the HC brings. Currently lacking a difference maker which keeps them a distant #3.
4- MD United- Lost their best player but they always seem to hang in there. They will beat somebody but wont be there at the end.
5- Crush- Well coached and Blue Collar type of play. You better bring it against them of they will knock you out.

Others considered:

Skywalkers- Always a tough out but they appear to be going in the wrong direction. Not one player could start on the Top 3 teams in the league.

This hot take is terrible other than Coppermine is the #1 by a large margin.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Pretty good assessment. One comment right now would be MD United is likely #5 or even zero factor. The loss of 6-8 points per game player is tough to overcome.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Others considered:

This hot take is terrible other than Coppermine is the #1 by a large margin.

Was going to say the same thing. These takes are actually pretty stale.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Others considered:

Decent list and in the right order, except I would switch Crush and MDU.

Sky Walkers is tricky as they finished last season strong, but didn't have a great Fall. Not sure the last comment on them was accurate or fair.

Would slot Pride in at #6, but you may have have meant to exclude non-Baltimore teams. They were 6-2 last year in league and missed the playoffs on goals against. Depending on the schedule, they could compete. (Recent results: Tied M&D; Tied MDU; two 1-goal losses to Hero's; reduced Coppermine spread from -10 to -3 over the last 3 meetings; played Crush tough twice; beat Sky Walkers twice.)

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Pretty good assessment. One comment right now would be MD United is likely #5 or even zero factor. The loss of 6-8 points per game player is tough to overcome.

Did you play them in the fall? Didn’t miss a beat when I saw them and based on the scores. They still can crush you on draws and rest of offense has taken a step.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
If you think the list is stale you are supposed to add comments. Thats is the point of it. So not only are you a non-athlete you don't even understand how to debate with some fun!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
If you think the list is stale you are supposed to add comments. Thats is the point of it. So not only are you a non-athlete you don't even understand how to debate with some fun!

Cool story bro! Tighten up that mask!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Moving on from "Cool story bro"--troll (laziest troll on the Eastern seaboard lacrosse pages):

Looks like an interesting development in the BWI winter league standings. Crush backer above talked about them as the most improved team. They get a chance this weekend to prove it against M&D. M&D is undefeated in the BWI league and has beaten Coppermine and Hero's. Crush has to win to avoid missing the playoffs behind a team they beat by 18 goals. If they can win, the top 4 from that side of the high school standings would all be 2028 club teams. Good luck to both teams.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
After watching Fall and most of Winter play, which teams do people feel improved the most and which lost the most?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Moving on from "Cool story bro"--troll (laziest troll on the Eastern seaboard lacrosse pages):

Looks like an interesting development in the BWI winter league standings. Crush backer above talked about them as the most improved team. They get a chance this weekend to prove it against M&D. M&D is undefeated in the BWI league and has beaten Coppermine and Hero's. Crush has to win to avoid missing the playoffs behind a team they beat by 18 goals. If they can win, the top 4 from that side of the high school standings would all be 2028 club teams. Good luck to both teams.
You must be the only one that takes the BWI Winter league serious. Some teams only have half their roster signed up to play.

NGLL is only 6 weeks away. Then we can actually start measuring teams.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Take indoor with a grain of salt, its not field. Teams strong on draw can't show it. Depth matters as many kids miss games in winter.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

You must be the only one that takes the BWI Winter league serious. Some teams only have half their roster signed up to play.

agreed

“high school standings”

Forgot to add “B Division”

Newsflash: top 2028 club teams should be beating Frosh/JV teams

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Before the season begins, Who do people think the best players are? Interested to see who comes out on top this season.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Before the season begins, Who do people think the best players are? Interested to see who comes out on top this season.
Numbers 1-99..they are all great!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

agreed

“high school standings”

And more than half of the girls on the JV teams don’t have players on club teams. Heard to BWI league was a joke. Wouldn’t really be holding your hat with your rankings in that league. Not really sure what the benefit of beating up teams in that league did for your club team’s game, scores were gross!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Not your kid!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

agreed

“high school standings”

And more than half of the girls on the JV teams don’t have players on club teams. Heard to BWI league was a joke. Wouldn’t really be holding your hat with your rankings in that league. Not really sure what the benefit of beating up teams in that league did for your club team’s game, scores were gross!

Geez…what’s go you so mad? Seems like PP was just trying to start conversation.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

detest to be a hall monitor, but individual players aren’t supposed to be discussed on BOTC so you’re not likely to get a serious answer from anyone.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

agreed

“high school standings”

Maybe take issue with Robinson sports. They wanted money to fill their league and opened to more clubs this year than ever. Why? They want your money. This keeps a stick in some hands. Not good lax and doesn’t promote team play. $2300 a team and everyone is welcome to play. Supposed to be the best talent in the area. Now a group of freshman get kicked from playoffs after letting them play all season so they could keep the money. My bet is this league struggles even more next year.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

agreed

“high school standings”

Maybe take issue with Robinson sports. They wanted money to fill their league and opened to more clubs this year than ever. Why? They want your money. This keeps a stick in some hands. Not good lax and doesn’t promote team play. $2300 a team and everyone is welcome to play. Supposed to be the best talent in the area. Now a group of freshman get kicked from playoffs after letting them play all season so they could keep the money. My bet is this league struggles even more next year.
My guess is that if there was a better option out there teams would gladly take it. I don't think anyone really cares who wins it. If you don't have other options, you play where you can.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

agreed

“high school standings”

The dedication to certain vendettas on this forum are so puzzling. The league was filled, the games have mostly gone off without a hitch, and pretty much everyone has had a mix of competitive and not competitive games. I also believe most teams tell kids it’s optional, so if you don’t like it, don’t let your kid play in it.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Is Bryn Mawr good this year? Are they getting recruits? What do you think the pre-season rankings look like?

Not very good and don’t get lots of top level kids.

They are like the other middle of the pack A conference teams. They have some really talented players. The new goalie won’t be much of a drop off from the ones who graduated. They have one of the best defenders in the country. They have some talented attack and midfielders. Top to bottom talent and depth is the issue for them, RPCS, GFS, and NDP. They all can surprise a top team but not consistently beat the top teams.

Pre season rankings don’t mean much especially in HS.

What club does the “new” goalie play for and was she JV last year or new to school?

Yes, do tell. I want a good laugh.

Laugh at this girl? Really? She played JV for them last year because BMS had two seniors who went to Maryland and Villanova. TLC might not be the club it used to be but this goalie is one of primary reasons the 26 team has done really well.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
When it come to multi-sport athletes, when should club lacrosse become priority?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
When it come to multi-sport athletes, when should club lacrosse become priority?

College

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Summer going into 9th, 10th and 11th. Those are the true evaluation periods. Going into 9th helps get on the radar, 10th is when they start looking more and summer going into Jr is huge for early offers and heavy evaluation. going into Sr if not already offered and to enjoy it one last time with local team. Summer is all club sports heavy season, winter has some showcases and events. If they really want to focus on one i told min after freshmen year they can and if not keep playing for your school in other sports and summer club is grind and focus

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

When the out of state girls start showing up to your practices.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Congratulations to Hero’s 28 Green for winning the indoor championship. We totally dominated Coppermine in the semifinals as they are starting to implode as previously predicted. The body language on that team is as bad as it gets when things don’t go their way.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
This cannot be a Hero’s parent. Just someone starting trouble. Parents and players behaved great. Total respect for the Coppermine team and they are great sports and fantastic players. Will be fun to watch these two teams play this Spring and Summer.

Like Reply Quote
Page 72 of 81 1 2 70 71 72 73 74 80 81
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Link Copied to Clipboard