BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys High School Lax
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,821
Posts388,540
Members2,610
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 22 of 25 1 2 20 21 22 23 24 25
Re: Girls 2029 Grads - Mid Atlantic Region
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Is anyone surprised by the new rankings?

Rankings heavily favored the Long Island teams. Odd the number 2 and 3 team from last year are 9 and 7 respectively with only 3 loses each which two of them came to Heros for them both. Seems like the algorithm favored the Long Island teams playing each other and heavily skewed the strength of schedule ratings in their favor. Spring and summer will help when those teams actually have to come down here and play mid Atlantic teams. Mid Atlantic under appreciated right now.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Yes Heros 2029 are playing in the Carroll Indoor league

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
NOT true. maybe some outliers but please don't make generalizations like that against all the girls of 2029 on Maryland. what you are doing is disgusting and actually makes you look pathetic. they are kids MOST of them being 12 and 13.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Yes Heros 2029 are playing in the Carroll Indoor league
NOT true. maybe some outliers but please don't make generalizations like that against all the girls of 2029 on Maryland. what you are doing is disgusting and actually makes you look pathetic. they are kids MOST of them being 12 and 13.

These both seem very random.... context?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The poster is responding to a post from a LI parent/fan/player on the prior page claiming that the Maryland 2029s have a lot of 14 year olds. Using the quote function or providing some context would've helped.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The poster is responding to a post from a LI parent/fan/player on the prior page claiming that the Maryland 2029s have a lot of 14 year olds. Using the quote function or providing some context would've helped.

Makes more sense now, thank you!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Was anyone at all surprised by the results of last weekend tournament?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The Indoor Championships?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Small fields, 8v8 and lots of scoring opportunities. Was a nice setup for a winter indoor tournament. Overall, fun weekend with competitive games from the top 3 teams there (NXT, Coppermine, M&D). NXT looked impressive with a win in the championship over Coppermine after losing to them in pool play. Biggest surprise was M&D Shore knocking off M&D Red to advance to the playoffs out of their bracket.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

No NXT is very good.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

No NXT is very good.

Not ranked 4th for no reason. They play well and have a stellar goalie!

Tournament played out as one would expect without Heros there. Coppermine over M&D by one in a back and forth game. Coppermine over NXT by 2 in pool play and then NXT over Coppermine by 7 in the Championship. Based solely on rankings and no Heros, that's how one would expect it to play out. So no, no surprises.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Small fields, 8v8 and lots of scoring opportunities. Was a nice setup for a winter indoor tournament. Overall, fun weekend with competitive games from the top 3 teams there (NXT, Coppermine, M&D). NXT looked impressive with a win in the championship over Coppermine after losing to them in pool play. Biggest surprise was M&D Shore knocking off M&D Red to advance to the playoffs out of their bracket.

I think NXT and Coppermine are both looking very good. Coppermine beat NXT in the pool play and had a close championship game. Not so much a surprise anymore is the fact that M&D 2029 Black didn't even make it to the playoffs, once again falling short

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I think NXT and Coppermine are both looking very good. Coppermine beat NXT in the pool play and had a close championship game. Not so much a surprise anymore is the fact that M&D 2029 Black didn't even make it to the playoffs, once again falling short[/quote]

Its coaching

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I think NXT and Coppermine are both looking very good. Coppermine beat NXT in the pool play and had a close championship game. Not so much a surprise anymore is the fact that M&D 2029 Black didn't even make it to the playoffs, once again falling short

Its coaching[/quote]

As a parent from Coppermine who mingles with some M&D parents and knows girls on both teams. Hint: it’s you! By far the worst parents in the area. You go to the fall mid Atlantic championship just a few months ago and run your mouth about how much better you are than us. Then lose in a tournament and complain about your own team/coaches. You don’t even hide it on the sideline. It’s kind of pathetic to be honest.

It’s your MO. You didn’t disappoint. Don’t know why anyone would want to play with you or coach your kids with the parent sidelines you have.

Back on topic. As for this weekend. NXT is built for this type of tournament. Small 7v7 style. Strong goalie play, solid defense, and good finishers. We match up well with them. We got them the first time but in the championship they played outstanding. Congratulations to them on a well played championship.

Look forward to seeing them again in the summer! One good thing about NXT is they don’t hide from the mid Atlantic teams like yellow jackets!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Its coaching

As a parent from Coppermine who mingles with some M&D parents and knows girls on both teams. Hint: it’s you! By far the worst parents in the area. You go to the fall mid Atlantic championship just a few months ago and run your mouth about how much better you are than us. Then lose in a tournament and complain about your own team/coaches. You don’t even hide it on the sideline. It’s kind of pathetic to be honest.

It’s your MO. You didn’t disappoint. Don’t know why anyone would want to play with you or coach your kids with the parent sidelines you have.

Back on topic. As for this weekend. NXT is built for this type of tournament. Small 7v7 style. Strong goalie play, solid defense, and good finishers. We match up well with them. We got them the first time but in the championship they played outstanding. Congratulations to them on a well played championship.

Look forward to seeing them again in the summer! One good thing about NXT is they don’t hide from the mid Atlantic teams like yellow jackets![/quote]

YJ Friedman loves to hide until summer! Yellow Jackets only come out in summer wink We will see them soon enough.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
YJ Friedman loves to hide until summer! Yellow Jackets only come out in summer wink We will see them soon enough.

Does YJ play in an NGLL league? Or do they just do fall and summer?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Its coaching

Look forward to seeing them again in the summer! One good thing about NXT is they don’t hide from the mid Atlantic teams like yellow jackets![/quote]

Wow, all this from someone who claims to mingle with M&D parents and knows girls on their team? Your parents aren't exactly known for their decorum, so why don't you relax?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

They do not, and they usually have a different roster at end of summer then they do at the beginning. I believe Friedman being the top team gets to move girls based of their play in the summer. But could be wrong.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

They do not, and they usually have a different roster at end of summer then they do at the beginning. I believe Friedman being the top team gets to move girls based of their play in the summer. But could be wrong.

YJ dad here. We do not hide from anyone. For the fall we went to Lax for the Cure but don’t know why we did not go to LLL. Actually we have never gone to the Fall edition of this tournament.
While there is a NGLL league here we do not enter it. It is not a YJ run/sponsored league so we have our own spring league which we did not do last year.
Same roster we have in the fall will be playing in the spring. Unless we bring someone over from another team to fill a hole we identified in the winter.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

YJ dad here. We do not hide from anyone. For the fall we went to Lax for the Cure but don’t know why we did not go to LLL. Actually we have never gone to the Fall edition of this tournament.
While there is a NGLL league here we do not enter it. It is not a YJ run/sponsored league so we have our own spring league which we did not do last year.
Same roster we have in the fall will be playing in the spring. Unless we bring someone over from another team to fill a hole we identified in the winter.

I don’t think there are any instances of the Friedman team ever adding to the roster after the initial team formations in August. I think the question they made to you about ngll was piggybacked with another poster criticizing a hibernation for the winter. Maybe you should clarify that there is no winter ngll and it’s 20 degrees outside.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Who cares if YJ brings on new girls between the Spring and Summer? Maryland clubs do it as well. Coppermine and Heros did it last year. Besides, did the changes they supposedly make result in a different outcome in the summer tournaments?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Who cares if YJ substitutes players between the Spring and Summer seasons? Every club has done it. Coppermine and Hero's did last year. Did their additions change the outcome of games in the summer?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Who cares if YJ brings on new girls between the Spring and Summer? Maryland clubs do it as well. Coppermine and Heros did it last year. Besides, did the changes they supposedly make result in a different outcome in the summer tournaments?

I don't particularly care, but there has been some recent conversations about the new "Golden 16" and whether or not roster movement disqualifies team rankings. Since our girls won't qualify due to age cutoffs, Golden 16 is irrelevant to me.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Can you explain what you are talking about? What is golden 16 and why would roster movement or age be an issue with team rankings?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Golden 16 is the new USCL championship that will take place in July for the top ranked 16 teams at the end of the season. However, the teams will be grouped by birth year and not graduation year.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Golden 16 is the new USCL championship that will take place in July for the top ranked 16 teams at the end of the season. However, the teams will be grouped by birth year and not graduation year.

Has any club indicated they will actually play in this? Our club director recently told our parents that we would not.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Do you really think age is going to actually impact the top teams in this Golden 16 tourney? If this were the boy's side, I'd say yes, I can see it.... but girls, I just don't see that many older girls.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Has any club indicated they will actually play in this? Our club director recently told our parents that we would not.

Who?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Do you really think age is going to actually impact the top teams in this Golden 16 tourney? If this were the boy's side, I'd say yes, I can see it.... but girls, I just don't see that many older girls.

Yes because it’s birth year. So even a September - December 2010 who is technically an on age 7th grader (September 2010 to August 2011) will have to play with 2010s. I bet most teams have a mix of 2010s and 2011s. Some with 2010s born early in 2010 or even late 2009s both of which would be “holdbacks”.

So point is no 2029 team even if all kids are in the right grade will have enough 2010s or 2011s to play in a “birth year” tournament. Unless birth year means something different.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Are you saying that teams are going to play all spring in their graduation year but those that make playoffs won’t be able to play because obviously every current team decided into graduation year has a mix of 2010 and 2011 girls? If this is the case then I don’t see how there will even be playoffs.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Are you saying that teams are going to play all spring in their graduation year but those that make playoffs won’t be able to play because obviously every current team decided into graduation year has a mix of 2010 and 2011 girls? If this is the case then I don’t see how there will even be playoffs.

No…I think you’re confusing things. Theyre talking about a random tournament in July put on by USClub Lax based on their rankings. Top 16 according to their rankings are invited. It’s a brand new tournament and it seems unlikely it’s going to get much traction. So most likely a non-issue.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Who?

Hero’s

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Moot point. Families have vacations already planned plus what Maryland team is going to a tourney after tryouts

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
If USCL was smart, they would put this tourney on the 2nd or 3rd weekend of October based on summer rankings. At least at middle school level, every top team would want to compete

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
If USCL was smart, they would put this tourney on the 2nd or 3rd weekend of October based on summer rankings. At least at middle school level, every top team would want to compete

No top team CAN compete with the birth year format. Regardless of when it is hosted. Again, they are trying to create something with a format that doesn't exist in girls club lacrosse. They will get 16 teams but none of them will be top clubs.

IF they were smart they would have said we are using a true grad year cutoff not birth year (Sept 2010 to August 2011). Then you would see how much the hold backs impact the rankings. And I can assure you some top clubs wouldn't be able to compete in this format either. Which is another discussion all together.

Anyway, I honestly have no clue why they think teams would take half their 2030s and half their 2029s to make a 2011 team which who the heck knows how good they would be. The rankings are based off the current rosters. When teams start to change their roster to fit a birth year tournament (which no top club will do anyway so moot point) it changes the whole make up of the rankings.

This tournament will be a flop on the girls side unless they change the format.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

No top team CAN compete with the birth year format. Regardless of when it is hosted. Again, they are trying to create something with a format that doesn't exist in girls club lacrosse. They will get 16 teams but none of them will be top clubs.

IF they were smart they would have said we are using a true grad year cutoff not birth year (Sept 2010 to August 2011). Then you would see how much the hold backs impact the rankings. And I can assure you some top clubs wouldn't be able to compete in this format either. Which is another discussion all together.

Anyway, I honestly have no clue why they think teams would take half their 2030s and half their 2029s to make a 2011 team which who the heck knows how good they would be. The rankings are based off the current rosters. When teams start to change their roster to fit a birth year tournament (which no top club will do anyway so moot point) it changes the whole make up of the rankings.

I wouldn't be so certain about that. NY school age cutoffs make it absolutely possible for someone like Freedman to be sitting on a roster that has only 2010's on their 2029 roster. There won't be enough traction to make this tourney fly, however. The annoying part is that this whole thing is USCL's attempt to change the format to a birth year, and since they're the ones ranking people we may suffer when they eventually move to disqualify us in their rankings. Our 2029 rosters would be classified among the 2028 rosters due to age cutoffs.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I wouldn't be so certain about that. NY school age cutoffs make it absolutely possible for someone like Freedman to be sitting on a roster that has only 2010's on their 2029 roster. There won't be enough traction to make this tourney fly, however. The annoying part is that this whole thing is USCL's attempt to change the format to a birth year, and since they're the ones ranking people we may suffer when they eventually move to disqualify us in their rankings. Our 2029 rosters would be classified among the 2028 rosters due to age cutoffs.

So another tournament for YJ to win without playing the teams in the mid Atlantic... what's new.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Stop caring about the rankings. There is enough competition at the big tourneys this one won’t matter. The guy that run uscl has no experience and you all paying attention to his site and supporting his business is all he has. The golden cup is a money grab

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Stop caring about the rankings. There is enough competition at the big tourneys this one won’t matter. The guy that run uscl has no experience and you all paying attention to his site and supporting his business is all he has. The golden cup is a money grab

Having a '25 and '29, I've noticed the rankings over the last few years have started to skew heavily toward LI teams. This is just another tournament that will cater to them.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What Coppermine 29 team are you watching? There are two players on CM 29 that could go to ANY Maryland 29 team and start. No questions asked.

Like Reply Quote
Page 22 of 25 1 2 20 21 22 23 24 25
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Link Copied to Clipboard