Originally Posted by Anonymous
If USCL was smart, they would put this tourney on the 2nd or 3rd weekend of October based on summer rankings. At least at middle school level, every top team would want to compete

No top team CAN compete with the birth year format. Regardless of when it is hosted. Again, they are trying to create something with a format that doesn't exist in girls club lacrosse. They will get 16 teams but none of them will be top clubs.

IF they were smart they would have said we are using a true grad year cutoff not birth year (Sept 2010 to August 2011). Then you would see how much the hold backs impact the rankings. And I can assure you some top clubs wouldn't be able to compete in this format either. Which is another discussion all together.

Anyway, I honestly have no clue why they think teams would take half their 2030s and half their 2029s to make a 2011 team which who the heck knows how good they would be. The rankings are based off the current rosters. When teams start to change their roster to fit a birth year tournament (which no top club will do anyway so moot point) it changes the whole make up of the rankings.

This tournament will be a flop on the girls side unless they change the format.

I wouldn't be so certain about that. NY school age cutoffs make it absolutely possible for someone like Freedman to be sitting on a roster that has only 2010's on their 2029 roster. There won't be enough traction to make this tourney fly, however. The annoying part is that this whole thing is USCL's attempt to change the format to a birth year, and since they're the ones ranking people we may suffer when they eventually move to disqualify us in their rankings. Our 2029 rosters would be classified among the 2028 rosters due to age cutoffs.

So another tournament for YJ to win without playing the teams in the mid Atlantic... what's new.