BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,817
Posts388,321
Members2,610
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 238 of 260 1 2 236 237 238 239 240 259 260
Re: Boys 2028 Grads - Mid Atlantic Region
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Just got a notification that ML is continuing their "flex tryouts." I suspect that's code for "not enough players." Makes sense though because guest players are not allowed to play in HOCO and just about everybody will be watching for that this year given the meltdown of the Cap team last fall. I've been told the HOCO admin people have already been made aware of the potential ML player influx.

Guest players aren't allowed but can't you put anyone on the roster you like? I assume they'll roster kids from out of the area and bring them in for at least some of the games, just like True Annapolis did (with mixed results) last year.

Exactly, that model is legal as far as I know. The problem that True encountered last year is that the in-town families did not like being pushed aside each week by the fly-ins, so the team imploded. But if MadLax does not have enough local players to field a team, then that is a different story. the local players will be happy to have the reinforcements.
MadLax always has tryouts before each season (fall, spring, summer) so the fact that they are advertising tryouts now is not unusual.
Honestly I would not under-estimate MadLax. if they bring what is essentially a national all star team to HoCo, they could be in the playoff mix.

I guess, but they couldn't pull that off for the circuit so not sure if they'll be able to for HoCo, unless CM was busy getting digits from all of those Phinest guys.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Just got a notification that ML is continuing their "flex tryouts." I suspect that's code for "not enough players." Makes sense though because guest players are not allowed to play in HOCO and just about everybody will be watching for that this year given the meltdown of the Cap team last fall. I've been told the HOCO admin people have already been made aware of the potential ML player influx.

Guest players aren't allowed but can't you put anyone on the roster you like? I assume they'll roster kids from out of the area and bring them in for at least some of the games, just like True Annapolis did (with mixed results) last year.

Exactly, that model is legal as far as I know. The problem that True encountered last year is that the in-town families did not like being pushed aside each week by the fly-ins, so the team imploded. But if MadLax does not have enough local players to field a team, then that is a different story. the local players will be happy to have the reinforcements.
MadLax always has tryouts before each season (fall, spring, summer) so the fact that they are advertising tryouts now is not unusual.
Honestly I would not under-estimate MadLax. if they bring what is essentially a national all star team to HoCo, they could be in the playoff mix.
They brought their National Burrito Supremes to Orlando and got rolled… let them bring their national team to HoCo. They’ll get rolled there too.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

What parent thinks the money is worth it to fly into Maryland every weekend for 8-9 weeks for one game a week?
Glad we’re back on the bash Madlax bandwagon.
Saw on Instagram an add for their “revolutionary flex tryouts,” which they hold every 3 months. Pretty revolutionary. Wow. What it means is, we really need some players.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
For all the hardo dads and Megatron Karen moms on the 2028 board, I'm pleasantly surprised how little private school peacocking occurred in the runup to IAC and MIAA applications. Compared to past years on BOTC there's hardly any (either fake or lied to) brags about how Braxton got offered a full ride to 5 MIAA schools, but he's gonna stay public." Then of course it's radio silence on admissions day.

Well done, parents, but also.....boooooooooring.

Are there any big standout athletes in the DMV for 2028 going into this spring/summer?

Yes. My son.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Will inside lacrosse list the ages of the redhots 28’s that they are dubbing kings? #cheat #paytoplay #rememberitswhoyouknow

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Will inside lacrosse list the ages of the redhots 28’s that they are dubbing kings? #cheat #paytoplay #rememberitswhoyouknow
Exactly. DOB please

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
All holdbacks. Not impressed by Red Hots.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
For all the hardo dads and Megatron Karen moms on the 2028 board, I'm pleasantly surprised how little private school peacocking occurred in the runup to IAC and MIAA applications. Compared to past years on BOTC there's hardly any (either fake or lied to) brags about how Braxton got offered a full ride to 5 MIAA schools, but he's gonna stay public." Then of course it's radio silence on admissions day.

Are there any big standout athletes in the DMV for 2028 going into this spring/summer?

Yes. My son.

Well played.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Yes. My son.

Well played.

Of course not.... It was funny that ECD just put out a Youtube video on a 2027 from Sweetlax and my son was showing me how he was a 2026 until recent....

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Yes. My son.
Now that’s funny… what a dense setup question… well played

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Yes. My son.

This is all rank speculation until March, but for the DMV here’s how I guess the lacrosse classes shake out.

1. Landon. Already has a deep bench of strong players from NL and DCE and to a lesser extent now Madlax. It will likely be the strongest 28 class.

2. Prep. Seems like a lot of the Mater Dei players are leaning Prep over Gonzaga but we will see in March.

3. Gonzaga. A decent number of 28 players have ties to Gonzaga so I’d expect them to stock up on some good players.

4. SJC. Seems like maybe a down year for them recruiting wise, but I’d never count out Speaks.

5. Bullis. Small number of players, but some stars - big NL goalie, etc. are here.

6. Good Counsel. From 26 on down Good Counsel getting many more lacrosse players than the used to. I’d expect them to eventually pass PVI as the third best team in the WCAC based on their trend in recruiting.

7. St. Albans. Hearing Heeter might be bringing in a couple of NL kids and there are already a couple of players in house. Nothing like there 23 class, but solid for STA if this pans out.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
No peacocking because the 28 class is relatively thin. Especially compared to the 27s.
A handful of decent players, but the rest are all projects. Even the top kids have questions. The smart programs are loading up on athletes.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Yes. My son.

This is all rank speculation until March, but for the DMV here’s how I guess the lacrosse classes shake out.

1. Landon. Already has a deep bench of strong players from NL and DCE and to a lesser extent now Madlax. It will likely be the strongest 28 class.

2. Prep. Seems like a lot of the Mater Dei players are leaning Prep over Gonzaga but we will see in March.

3. Gonzaga. A decent number of 28 players have ties to Gonzaga so I’d expect them to stock up on some good players.

4. SJC. Seems like maybe a down year for them recruiting wise, but I’d never count out Speaks.

5. Bullis. Small number of players, but some stars - big NL goalie, etc. are here.

6. Good Counsel. From 26 on down Good Counsel getting many more lacrosse players than the used to. I’d expect them to eventually pass PVI as the third best team in the WCAC based on their trend in recruiting.

7. St. Albans. Hearing Heeter might be bringing in a couple of NL kids and there are already a couple of players in house. Nothing like there 23 class, but solid for STA if this pans out.

Well if there wasn't HS lax drama on here before, someone posting rankings is definitely a good way to start it.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
No peacocking because the 28 class is relatively thin. Especially compared to the 27s.
A handful of decent players, but the rest are all projects. Even the top kids have questions. The smart programs are loading up on athletes.

This comment may hold true in the DC/DMV area about the 28s but is entirely inaccurate for the Baltimore/Annapolis area.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Yes. My son.

Well if there wasn't HS lax drama on here before, someone posting rankings is definitely a good way to start it.

I’d prob put SJC and Gonzaga at 1 and 2. SJC has some kids coming from Annapolis (Hawks) and Gonzaga is going to have a really strong class. Speaks is hands down the best recruiter in this area. Very, very impressive.

Landon should be bottom half. They won’t pick up anyone new in 9th grade, and may lose a couple of kids. Their 8th grade class is average at best.

Bullis non existent. Great goalie. But they always get crushed in middle school games against Mater Dei, Landon, etc, so unless they have a bunch of kids coming in, and I’ve heard nothing of that, then they are at the bottom.

STA has a couple of nice pieces in place, and if they scoop a few more, they may move up a couple spots.

Prep— they’ll get their 5-6 kids, but they’re handcuffed to some degree due to cost, difficulty of admissions, etc. They do not give aid, unless it’s 100% need based. And it’s tough to get in (as is STA).

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
How are the Baltimore (MIAA) conference 2028's shaking out for best recruiting class. A lot of kids deciding on schools or maybe waiting on acceptance/offer before making decisions.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Yes. My son.

LOL Go Away Landon Dad. Landon is full blown panic mode as their top recruits, some current students, are looking elsewhere. Circling the drain actually.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

This comment may hold true in the DC/DMV area about the 28s but is entirely inaccurate for the Baltimore/Annapolis area.

In fact I'd argue that the 2028 class is significantly better than the 2027s in this area. The teams at the 2028 group from this area are ranked much higher in the national rankings and there are more of them. 2027 daddy wishes he held his son back when he is looking at year 2 on JV.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Yes. My son.

It took like two hours for this prediction to be proven correct.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Is it possible for kids that play AAA could also play Elite? If that is the case, then MadLax could grab some locals if people want to play on an Elite team.

No, when Team Money teamed up with a group of Baltimore City kids 2? years ago (now mostly those kids are at St Pauls and Loyola), most of those Balt kids had been on FCA, Forest Hill, 91, etc as of Feb/March. The question was directly asked, "Can we play with Team Money at AA (?) and 91 at AAA and HoCo shut that down immediately. There's a specific rule that any one player can be rostered for only one team in all of the Hoco league. You can even change teams mid-season, but you have to get off of the one roster first.

True Baltimore got away with this repeatedly when using their 2027 goalie on the 2028 team; they were so bad that nobody cared or noticed. But technically could have been DQed from most of their games in that season. Their argument was that technically the kid was a 2028, so it was fine. But the problem is that in the same day at Troy Park, he'd play for both the 2027 and 2028 teams.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

In fact I'd argue that the 2028 class is significantly better than the 2027s in this area. The teams at the 2028 group from this area are ranked much higher in the national rankings and there are more of them. 2027 daddy wishes he held his son back when he is looking at year 2 on JV.

Looking at the 2027 DMV teams records, you might be right.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

One is a holdback, and the other is a double holdback. If you were at Sandstorm or Club Nationals you know both were unimpressive. I saw a couple of games and would say both were average to below average. It's sad that you can pay to get your kid ranked.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

One is a holdback, and the other is a double holdback. If you were at Sandstorm or Club Nationals you know both were unimpressive. I saw a couple of games and would say both were average to below average. It's sad that you can pay to get your kid ranked.

I am not a fan of holdbacks, but double holdback is fool.....

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I guess, but they couldn't pull that off for the circuit so not sure if they'll be able to for HoCo, unless CM was busy getting digits from all of those Phinest guys.
Sounds like Red Hots are trying to cobble together a team for HoCo in 2028.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

how do you know that?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

This is great news. Let them come get a dose of reality. It will be an eye-opening experience for the loudmouth cocky parents who think their kids are the best players lacrosse has ever seen.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

This is great news. Let them come get a dose of reality. It will be an eye-opening experience for the loudmouth cocky parents who think their kids are the best players lacrosse has ever seen.

Given the massive rosters on certain local teams, they would probably pick up some players eager to join.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Yes!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Their PA 2028 team would play in hoco a/b/c. Half of the RH national team is rostered on other hoco teams. However a few play on 2027 teams who won't be in hoco. They would mop up all but about 3-4 of the 40 2028 teams in hoco. Would love to see them lose but...

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

how do you know that?

Red Hots building a team and ML bringing in mystery kids! Gotta love HoCo!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Yes, as opposed to the super chill, low key DMV parents who have filled up 238 web forum pages arguing the same thing.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

huh? sorry if you have had bad experience with the parents, but they would roll over most or all teams in HoCo. they are good and big (and from what i hear, old).

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The red hots model of recruit, cheat, reclass, rinse and repeat would be a stain on HoCo. They aren’t a real team.

If they had an actual roster they might get some respect, but the way they do it is a joke. It does help overhype some decent players to looking like they are terrific. So I guess that is working.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The red hots model of recruit, cheat, reclass, rinse and repeat would be a stain on HoCo. They aren’t a real team.

If they had an actual roster they might get some respect, but the way they do it is a joke. It does help overhype some decent players to looking like they are terrific. So I guess that is working.

Don't they have to submit a roster? So I'm assuming that they will have an actual roster.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

huh? sorry if you have had bad experience with the parents, but they would roll over most or all teams in HoCo. they are good and big (and from what i hear, old).

Yes well the Greater Howard County Lacrosse Conference has really drawn a line in the sand and staked out a brave position that no one can play on an 8th grade team who was born before June 1 . . . . 2008. Bold.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Their PA 2028 team would play in hoco a/b/c. Half of the RH national team is rostered on other hoco teams. However a few play on 2027 teams who won't be in hoco. They would mop up all but about 3-4 of the 40 2028 teams in hoco. Would love to see them lose but...
Their PA team wouldn’t win a game in Elite division of HoCo

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Don't they have to submit a roster? So I'm assuming that they will have an actual roster.

They would probably just roster all 99 of their player pool. Problem solved.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Is this the same forum that routinely talks about the hawks and crabs and what players are running into “academic problems”, as if reclassing for a dead end sport is ok?
Wow, the tune has changed on the Maryland forum.
Laughable!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Red Hots are probably best team in country right now, That has brought out a lot of people who couldnt get on the train and ride it. Sorry , folks, it is what it is, RH are dominating at this time.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Yes. My son.

Mine too ! He is D1 bound !! Has a double secret offer already. So there's that

Like Reply Quote
Page 238 of 260 1 2 236 237 238 239 240 259 260
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Link Copied to Clipboard