BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,814
Posts387,835
Members2,608
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Girl's 2027 Grades - Mid Atlantic Region
Back of THE CAGE
OP Offline
Back of THE CAGE
Here is the last page of the previous 2027 Girls Mid Atlantic Region Thread..... {lease use think and comment in the new field. If you scroll down to the very Bottom of this Post, you will see the Last Thread from the previous Thread in Bold Letters.

Thanks and our apologize for the inconvenient.

Anonymous#430121NewWed Nov 29 2023 09:10 AM Originally Posted by Anonymous Here's my take on the MD teams in Top-25.

1) Hero's Green
Hard to say they should be ranked ahead of M&D, but really splitting hairs here, based on last year of data and fall, I got no problem with them at #1.

2) M&D
They are getting a lot of credit for blowing out teams I feel are overinflated (CLC/Phantastix), they also had some injuries to key players and aren't where they will be in summer.

11) Skywalkers Blue
Obviously they improved, we all saw this coming, I'm not sure they are top-12 though. Their best game was a 4-3 win over Mass Elite. Some things don't look good, a 5-4 win over Salt City? Only losing by 3 to FS and by 1 to M&D (was this a palyoff short game?) looks great.

16) Coppermine
They always hang around, maybe they are as good as they've been, they don't have a signature win but the 5-6 loss to Aces was impressive, but losing to HW 5-6 as well. Just odd.

19) MD United
I know they are without some stars due to injury but I still don't think these scores should be this ugly. Losing to CT Grizzles and not even competing against FS and HG, two teams they tied or beat last year.

What’s your take on the NY teams in top 25?

3) Jesters
I know they added a new goalie but to me their defense is one of the best anyways so already strong there. They aren't top-5, but yes, they are still top-10 and will have some nice wins. Offense will be better than previous seasons.

5) Aces
They are inconsistent, but when on, they are as tough as anyone. I always felt if you can keep up in Draws, and slow game down, you can beat them. If you combined Jesters with Aces it would be a super team. Nice showing against M&D but got all they could handle vs Coppermine.

9) Prime Time
They aren't this good. They are solid team no doubt but not top-10. Blowing the doors off Top Guns got them in top-10. Couple of nice offensive players.

12) Monster
There's not one game where I was impressed based on scores, I think PT and Triple Threat are overrated based on standings, and I think they are in that category with them. They do have a few girls who can really shoot well.

24) Liberty
This sounds about right. They did almost beat Steps Navy, which I find a real tough team to figure out. 6-3 win over NXT legitimizes their ranking.

Like Edit Reply Quote
BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS
Vantage Sports

Re: Girls 2027 Grads - Mid Atlantic Region
Anonymous#430122NewWed Nov 29 2023 09:12 AM
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Neither of those teams have peaked. They both have great multi-sport athletes up and down the roster that have been dealing with injury or in season High School and club sports. They'll keep competing at a high level. The great thing about both of those teams is that they've largely kept the same rosters and been loyal to each other. Developed over time and will continue to do so. I cheer for both of them.

I've seen Coppermine vs MDU go head to head and its always a hard fought, well played game. ITs not M&D vs Hero's, but its entertaining.

Like Edit Reply Quote

Anonymous#430127NewWed Nov 29 2023 09:29 AM
Anonymous
Unregistered
Neither of those teams have peaked. They both have great multi-sport athletes up and down the roster that have been dealing with injury or in season High School and club sports. They'll keep competing at a high level. The great thing about both of those teams is that they've largely kept the same rosters and been loyal to each other. Developed over time and will continue to do so. I cheer for both of them.

I've seen Coppermine vs MDU go head to head and its always a hard fought, well played game. ITs not M&D vs Hero's, but its entertaining.

M&D and Hero's on a different level. But people tend to forget sometimes there is still a lot of great lacrosse played among many other local teams. We're lucky to live in an area where there are so many viewing options at tournaments

Like Edit Reply Quote

Anonymous#430144NewWed Nov 29 2023 11:01 AM
Anonymous
Unregistered
_____________________________________________________________________________________________________

Here's my take on the MD teams in Top-25.

1) Hero's Green
Hard to say they should be ranked ahead of M&D, but really splitting hairs here, based on last year of data and fall, I got no problem with them at #1.

2) M&D
They are getting a lot of credit for blowing out teams I feel are overinflated (CLC/Phantastix), they also had some injuries to key players and aren't where they will be in summer.

11) Skywalkers Blue
Obviously they improved, we all saw this coming, I'm not sure they are top-12 though. Their best game was a 4-3 win over Mass Elite. Some things don't look good, a 5-4 win over Salt City? Only losing by 3 to FS and by 1 to M&D (was this a palyoff short game?) looks great.

16) Coppermine
They always hang around, maybe they are as good as they've been, they don't have a signature win but the 5-6 loss to Aces was impressive, but losing to HW 5-6 as well. Just odd.

19) MD United
I know they are without some stars due to injury but I still don't think these scores should be this ugly. Losing to CT Grizzles and not even competing against FS and HG, two teams they tied or beat last year.

3) Jesters
I know they added a new goalie but to me their defense is one of the best anyways so already strong there. They aren't top-5, but yes, they are still top-10 and will have some nice wins. Offense will be better than previous seasons.

5) Aces
They are inconsistent, but when on, they are as tough as anyone. I always felt if you can keep up in Draws, and slow game down, you can beat them. If you combined Jesters with Aces it would be a super team. Nice showing against M&D but got all they could handle vs Coppermine.

9) Prime Time
They aren't this good. They are solid team no doubt but not top-10. Blowing the doors off Top Guns got them in top-10. Couple of nice offensive players.

12) Monster
There's not one game where I was impressed based on scores, I think PT and Triple Threat are overrated based on standings, and I think they are in that category with them. They do have a few girls who can really shoot well.

24) Liberty
This sounds about right. They did almost beat Steps Navy, which I find a real tough team to figure out. 6-3 win over NXT legitimizes their ranking.

Aces is always an X factor. Incredibly attacking options. However, their draw girl probably false starts on 70% of draws. When refs start calling that, they can't beat good teams. When they don't, they will win 2/3rds of the draw and can beat anyone.

Yellow Jackets is most talented team in Northeast and will minimal roster changes since last year will be competitive in every tourney this Summer.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

Re: Girl's 2027 Grades - Mid Atlantic Region
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=BOTC_EVENTS]Here is the last page of the previous 2027 Girls Mid Atlantic Region Thread..... {lease use think and comment in the new field. If you scroll down to the very Bottom of this Post, you will see the Last Thread from the previous Thread in Bold Letters.

Thanks and our apologize for the inconvenient.

Anonymous#430121NewWed Nov 29 2023 09:10 AM Originally Posted by Anonymous Here's my take on the MD teams in Top-25.

1) Hero's Green

2) M&D

11) Skywalkers Blue

16) Coppermine

19) MD United

3) Jesters

5) Aces

9) Prime Time

12) Monster

24) Liberty

Like Edit Reply Quote
BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS
Vantage Sports

Anonymous#430122NewWed Nov 29 2023 09:12 AM
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Like Edit Reply Quote

Anonymous#430127NewWed Nov 29 2023 09:29 AM
Anonymous
Unregistered

M&D and Hero's on a different level. But people tend to forget sometimes there is still a lot of great lacrosse played among many other local teams. We're lucky to live in an area where there are so many viewing options at tournaments

Like Edit Reply Quote

Anonymous#430144NewWed Nov 29 2023 11:01 AM
Anonymous
Unregistered
_____________________________________________________________________________________________________

[b]Originally Posted by Anonymous
Here's my take on the MD teams in Top-25.

1) Hero's Green

2) M&D

11) Skywalkers Blue

16) Coppermine

19) MD United

3) Jesters

5) Aces

9) Prime Time

12) Monster

24) Liberty

What teams would you put ahead of Skywalkers, Prime Time, Monster and Triple Threat?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
YJ #1??? Only solid win is FS. They barely played and lost mass elite and let 180 score 6 on them. What about heros and md??

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
YJ #1??? Only solid win is FS. They barely played and lost mass elite and let 180 score 6 on them. What about heros and md??

M&D dropped 2 spots. Even though they beat Jesters and Hero's. And have the most wins and stronger schedule.

ACES at 8? Should be top 3 or 4. Rankings are skewed to say the least

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Those rankings are a joke

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Doesn't pass the eyeball test.

M&D, Hero's, YJ as 1a, 1b and 1c. Then everybody else.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

M&D dropped 2 spots. Even though they beat Jesters and Hero's. And have the most wins and stronger schedule.

YJ beat FS and 180 by more than hero’s did. Jesters has no top wins. There always an argument if u tilt it your way. MD played tight games has effect on rating.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

YJ beat FS and 180 by more than hero’s did. Jesters has no top wins. There always an argument if u tilt it your way. MD played tight games has effect on rating.

Tight games don’t matter. It’s all about wins vs top teams.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The winter of discontent

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Too much weight on goal diff and not enough for wins. They should add bonus points for wins. Blowing out a team is better for you than winning a close game against a top team. Not to mention not enough games for the top teams against each other to get an accurate strength of schedule. Fall rankings are always kind of a joke. But, I go back to the system doesn't reward wins. You could go winless and still be top 10 if you played every loss to a one goal game.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Too much weight on goal diff and not enough for wins. They should add bonus points for wins. Blowing out a team is better for you than winning a close game against a top team. Not to mention not enough games for the top teams against each other to get an accurate strength of schedule. Fall rankings are always kind of a joke. But, I go back to the system doesn't reward wins. You could go winless and still be top 10 if you played every loss to a one goal game.

Yj over 180 is a big win?!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You aren’t going to be top 10 and winless unless you are losing to other top teams by a goal or two, in which case, seems you are legitimately a top 10 team

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Not sure how MD is 4th after beating Heros and Jesters.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Uuuuuuuuuge win

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Because LI clubs are in the pocket of US Club lax. It's a theme across all ages this fall. LI teams ranked way higher than they should be.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

This forum is going to be a quiet place until late spring. So speculating who had the best fall is about all we have to discuss. With that being said, people who follow, know who had the best fall seasons...and in general who are the best teams. There are a clear top 4

M&D
Hero's
YJ
Aces

After that you can juggle

EagleStix
Fl Select
Jesters
Steps California

Then you get into the Mass Elites, the Capitals etc.

But the 4 top teams are the same top 4 from previous summer. Anyone thinking otherwise hasn't watched all of these teams this fall

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

This forum is going to be a quiet place until late spring. So speculating who had the best fall is about all we have to discuss. With that being said, people who follow, know who had the best fall seasons...and in general who are the best teams. There are a clear top 4

M&D
Hero's
YJ
Aces

EagleStix
Fl Select
Jesters
Steps California

But the 4 top teams are the same top 4 from previous summer. Anyone thinking otherwise hasn't watched all of these teams this fall

We have now reached the stage where the "elite" clubs begin to add out of state talent to their rosters. You will now see some of these teams become untouchable for the vast majority of matchups.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

M&D
Hero's
YJ
Aces

EagleStix
Fl Select
Jesters
Steps California

Wow you’ve watched all these teams throughout the fall. Tough to do since some were never even at the same tourneys through the entire fall. Never saw Yj here

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]Not sure how MD is 4th after beating Heros and Jesters.

M&D
Hero's
YJ
Aces

EagleStix
Fl Select
Jesters
Steps California

Wow you’ve watched all these teams throughout the fall. Tough to do since some were never even at the same tourneys through the entire fall. Never saw Yj

Whoever made this list is pretty accurate.

I have not seen YJ play this fall. But I don't need to in order to know they are top 4 team

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

M&D
Hero's
YJ
Aces

EagleStix
Fl Select
Jesters
Steps California

Wow you’ve watched all these teams throughout the fall. Tough to do since some were never even at the same tourneys through the entire fall. Never saw Yj

I have not seen YJ play this fall. But I don't need to in order to know they are top 4 team

Hard to disagree. You have a very clear top 4 (M&D, HG, YJ and Aces), really good next 4 (ES, Jesters, Steps CA and probably FL S) and then lots of above average parity (Mass Elite, SW Blue, Capital, Coppermine, Steps NJ, etc) that rounds out top 15

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Florida 3 jesters 4 now

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

M&D
Hero's
YJ
Aces

EagleStix
Fl Select
Jesters
Steps California

Hard to disagree. You have a very clear top 4 (M&D, HG, YJ and Aces), really good next 4 (ES, Jesters, Steps CA and probably FL S) and then lots of above average parity (Mass Elite, SW Blue, Capital, Coppermine, Steps NJ, etc) that rounds out top 15

SW Blue finished 28th last year. I realize they had some roster upgrades.
What based on the fall makes them jump up to top-15?

Their 4-3 on Mass Elite and their 3-4 loss to M&D our their two best performances based on the math.
If Mass Elite is overrated at top-10 as are SW Blue.

Both these games were playoffs, were they shortened games? If so, that a bit of an asterisk, given margin of victory is huge part of equation.

Their next best game was a 7-4 win on Lax Black.

For me, jury still out, but clearly they are improved.

As for Capital Blue, nothing jumps out at their schedule to make me think they are under ranked at 16.

4-3 over M&D Shore?
7-5 over CCLax?
9-7 over Phantastix?

Their best win was 8-3 over SW Blue, again, is SW overrated causing Capital to be overrated?

Obviously new team with girls learning to play together, lots of talent, I just don't see them as a top-10 team and top-16 is generous at this time.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
With all due respect to the rankings, Fall rankings need to be taken with a grain of salt.

Does anybody feel like Florida Select's 9 goal win over "MD Select" (a team made of up mostly MD players not on top clubs, no offense) should be worth more than a 1 goal loss to Hero's Green? Evidently US Club rankings do, hence the flaw.

2 goal loss to Eagle Stix, not as good as a 10 goal win over "Team Ontario"?

Way too much credit for blowing out bad teams in the fall because those bad teams haven't played enough games to really drop.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
With all due respect to the rankings, Fall rankings need to be taken with a grain of salt.

Does anybody feel like Florida Select's 9 goal win over "MD Select" (a team made of up mostly MD players not on top clubs, no offense) should be worth more than a 1 goal loss to Hero's Green? Evidently US Club rankings do, hence the flaw.

2 goal loss to Eagle Stix, not as good as a 10 goal win over "Team Ontario"?

Way too much credit for blowing out bad teams in the fall because those bad teams haven't played enough games to really drop.

Seems to be the norm each year that “southern” teams are a bit overrated in the fall.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Fall is tough to really gauge who is good / elite due to other sports and more importantly new blood coming onto the team with limited practices.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Fall is tough to really gauge who is good / elite due to other sports and more importantly new blood coming onto the team with limited practices.

Agreed, I prefer to use the 2023 final rankings, where most teams had over 30 games, as the barometer. Obviously teams like Capital and SW Blue notwithstanding since so much change.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Just wait till they rank alliance

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Just wait till they rank alliance

Based on their rating, they would be #10. Much closer to Mass Elite (9) than Prime Time (10)

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Hearing M&D might have lost another player for the year. Hopefully not the case. Wishing that team the best. Always enjoy playing them.

Happy holidays to all the Mid Atlantic teams.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Hearing M&D might have lost another player for the year. Hopefully not the case. Wishing that team the best. Always enjoy playing them.

Hope not! Rest is soooo important for girls and the amount of injuries that happen while on their menstrual cycle is staggering

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Lots of injuries going on. These girls are hitting that point and multisport athletes I do wonder if its too much on them, this wasn't like it is now just a few years ago.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Anecdotally from the parent of a sophomore, the girls that play multi club sports seem to be getting injured at a very rate in the last 12 months. More than 50% of the girls that my daughter knows that play 2 (or more) club sports in addition to their school sports have had serious injuries in the last year that are keeping them out from a few months to a year or more.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Anecdotally from the parent of a sophomore, the girls that play multi club sports seem to be getting injured at a very rate in the last 12 months. More than 50% of the girls that my daughter knows that play 2 (or more) club sports in addition to their school sports have had serious injuries in the last year that are keeping them out from a few months to a year or more.

Something I don't understand, why are girls playing two or more "club" sports? Club is designed to get you recruited, at this point in High School, why are some doing both Club Soccer and Lax or Club Field Hockey and Lax? Its really not possible to do unless one of those coaches are being very flexible. Freshman should now know they want to play what sport in college. To me, its parents with a bit too much FOMO.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Something I don't understand, why are girls playing two or more "club" sports? Club is designed to get you recruited, at this point in High School, why are some doing both Club Soccer and Lax or Club Field Hockey and Lax? Its really not possible to do unless one of those coaches are being very flexible. Freshman should now know they want to play what sport in college. To me, its parents with a bit too much FOMO.

Good it’s not your problem nor your kids, because it’s none of your business what others chose or enjoy.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Good it’s not your problem nor your kids, because it’s none of your business what others chose or enjoy.

Looks like I struck a nerve.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I mean if your club team (soccer, Field Hockey Lacrosse, basketball) is down players because of multi sport conflicts, isn't it the business of those on the team affected?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I mean if your club team (soccer, Field Hockey Lacrosse, basketball) is down players because of multi sport conflicts, isn't it the business of those on the team affected?
Not if the Club allows it. In season sport gets priority - club or not. Personally, I know of many girls by HS chose one to concentrate on - can still play the other sport on their HS team.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Yay...your nerve. Fortunately, the benefits of playing multiple sports go beyond individual opinions. These athletes are thriving with diverse skills, fewer injuries (actually), and a broader perspective on sports. Their success speaks louder than any unfounded concerns.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I am seeing the same thing in terms of injuries, especially with stress fractures. Worst is in the summer, where many girls are playing two or three sports in a day.

I won't condemn anyone else for their decisions, but in 8th grade I made my 27 scale down to only 2 sports and only 1 travel sport.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Yay...your nerve. Fortunately, the benefits of playing multiple sports go beyond individual opinions. These athletes are thriving with diverse skills, fewer injuries (actually), and a broader perspective on sports. Their success speaks louder than any unfounded concerns.

No one said anything about "playing multiple sports", ie playing on your HS teams, we are specifically talking about playing multiple club team sports, ie, teams that practice and play year round. Club is for recruiting.

Like Reply Quote
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Link Copied to Clipboard