BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys High School Lax
by Anonymous -
Boys 2030 Midatlantic
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,820
Posts392,343
Members2,611
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 92 of 102 1 2 90 91 92 93 94 101 102
Re: Westchester NY Youth Lacrosse
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You can’t compare a school district to a private school like step or Iona

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

Re: Westchester NY Youth Lacrosse
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
exactly.. so how can someone say Greeley will have the best results?

Like Reply Quote
Re: Westchester NY Youth Lacrosse
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
exactly.. so how can someone say Greeley will have the best results?

Well, I did not say the most wins. Of course, what my definition of best results differs from yours.

I believe Greeley’s field performance will raise the needle of the awareness and some people might consider them a little more seriously.

It's just a guess and I don’t have a dog in the fight (or in that tournament). Just an avid HV laxer.

Like Reply Quote
Re: Westchester NY Youth Lacrosse
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
exactly.. so how can someone say Greeley will have the best results?
Because, like the parents of these young Greeley classes have been espousing about multiple state championships coming - none of it matters until you do it on the field. And you do it against quality opponents. The youth teams have been good the last couple of years, but once they hit high school and are suddenly playing outside their own age group they don't do as well.

I give them credit for jumping in this stacked group of teams. While it is fall ball and won't be the full roster for anyone, it will be a nice early test for 2025. Listening to mom and dad - who are also the same people running the youth program - constantly tell you how good you are because you beat Yorktown in 7th grade and then not getting the coaching needed in high school is not going to be a successful combination.

The idea that there is some fool culture building at Greeley is laughable. It's being run like a club team, which isn't going to be a long-term success. They loaded up goals against weaker teams and there is no substantive defense. Maybe it gets better this year but Potash is one of the only people on that staff that knows lacrosse. The best players have defected to private school and it remains to be seen whether they can put a more competative schedule for 2025 - and if they do and then lose to those tougher teams, then what?

Like Reply Quote
Re: Westchester NY Youth Lacrosse
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
exactly.. so how can someone say Greeley will have the best results?

Well, I did not say the most wins. Of course, what my definition of best results differs from yours.

I believe Greeley’s field performance will raise the needle of the awareness and some people might consider them a little more seriously.

It's just a guess and I don’t have a dog in the fight (or in that tournament). Just an avid HV laxer.
If they try to play 2025 like they did 2024 against a tougher schedule - they won't. There is little development there, no defense and coaches playing favorites for their club players, it will not work.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
Re: Westchester NY Youth Lacrosse
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
lets assume for a moment that everything above about greeley is true, weak schedule etc etc etc , other than Rye, who else is actually any good anymore?

John Jay is sliding off a cliff
Yorktown is the same

who has a good team

Like Reply Quote
Re: Westchester NY Youth Lacrosse
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
exactly.. so how can someone say Greeley will have the best results?
Because, like the parents of these young Greeley classes have been espousing about multiple state championships coming - none of it matters until you do it on the field. And you do it against quality opponents. The youth teams have been good the last couple of years, but once they hit high school and are suddenly playing outside their own age group they don't do as well.

I give them credit for jumping in this stacked group of teams. While it is fall ball and won't be the full roster for anyone, it will be a nice early test for 2025. Listening to mom and dad - who are also the same people running the youth program - constantly tell you how good you are because you beat Yorktown in 7th grade and then not getting the coaching needed in high school is not going to be a successful combination.

The idea that there is some fool culture building at Greeley is laughable. It's being run like a club team, which isn't going to be a long-term success. They loaded up goals against weaker teams and there is no substantive defense. Maybe it gets better this year but Potash is one of the only people on that staff that knows lacrosse. The best players have defected to private school and it remains to be seen whether they can put a more competative schedule for 2025 - and if they do and then lose to those tougher teams, then what?
.

Let's pivot, let's discuss Potash and similar like minded HS coaches.

Seems to me that more schools (Yorktown, John Jay, Somers and Arlington) are going outside the school district pool of candidates for hires. Good for them.

Is Potash in the Chapp school district?

Also, it's good to see singular sport coaching going on! Too many school districts rely upon their own staff to field coaches and it's a mixed bag of talent.

What other schools have outsiders and/or specific lacrosse coaches?

Like Reply Quote
Re: Westchester NY Youth Lacrosse
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
You can’t compare a school district to a private school like step or Iona

They do it in the FCIAC all the time. They play Chaminade, St. Anthony's, Brunswick, Ione Prep, Step, Fairfield prep, etc.

win some, lose some but don't shy away from it.

Like Reply Quote
Re: Westchester NY Youth Lacrosse
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
lets assume for a moment that everything above about greeley is true, weak schedule etc etc etc , other than Rye, who else is actually any good anymore?

John Jay is sliding off a cliff
Yorktown is the same

who has a good team
There is plenty....
John Jay maybe has 1-2 more good years and then it's rebuilding for them - which is still a good team for Section 1
Yorktown's demise has been predicted for years and yet they are still in the Sectional Final every year. I believe the demise there when I see it.
Pleasentville has almost everyone back from last year
Scarsdale has to make up some graduations, but the barn is stacked there
Mamaroneck reloads
Bronxville has a lot of talent back
Rye is loaded
Briarcliff? Could be an interesting matchup for people
Mahopac is a threat to everyone
What is Somers going to be?
Can the middle of the road teams step up? Byram, Carmel, Lakeland, Haldane, North Rockland, Tappan Zee, etc. It's gonna be an interesting 2025.

Like Reply Quote
Re: Westchester NY Youth Lacrosse
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
exactly.. so how can someone say Greeley will have the best results?
Because, like the parents of these young Greeley classes have been espousing about multiple state championships coming - none of it matters until you do it on the field. And you do it against quality opponents. The youth teams have been good the last couple of years, but once they hit high school and are suddenly playing outside their own age group they don't do as well.

I give them credit for jumping in this stacked group of teams. While it is fall ball and won't be the full roster for anyone, it will be a nice early test for 2025. Listening to mom and dad - who are also the same people running the youth program - constantly tell you how good you are because you beat Yorktown in 7th grade and then not getting the coaching needed in high school is not going to be a successful combination.

The idea that there is some fool culture building at Greeley is laughable. It's being run like a club team, which isn't going to be a long-term success. They loaded up goals against weaker teams and there is no substantive defense. Maybe it gets better this year but Potash is one of the only people on that staff that knows lacrosse. The best players have defected to private school and it remains to be seen whether they can put a more competative schedule for 2025 - and if they do and then lose to those tougher teams, then what?
.

Let's pivot, let's discuss Potash and similar like minded HS coaches.

Seems to me that more schools (Yorktown, John Jay, Somers and Arlington) are going outside the school district pool of candidates for hires. Good for them.

Is Potash in the Chapp school district?

Also, it's good to see singular sport coaching going on! Too many school districts rely upon their own staff to field coaches and it's a mixed bag of talent.

What other schools have outsiders and/or specific lacrosse coaches?
This isn't exactly new... The last in-district coach for Greeley was probably Colesy - which should be everything you need to know about coaching there.
Many districts have coaches that aren't teaching/working in the district in other capacities. Some are though but that is more the exception than the rule.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
Re: Westchester NY Youth Lacrosse
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Agreed with Yorktown,been hearing about there demise, then they go win a section. Their whole defense is coming back this year. They will probably be the favorites this year. I think Somers is the big question. They disappointed last season. They have the horses, hopefully the new coach will get them straight.
The lower westchester teams all reload. Mahopac is well coached. Can’t count JJ out with Bocklet there.
Should be a good year with good competition

Like Reply Quote
Re: Westchester NY Youth Lacrosse
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Fall ball starts this weekend, 2025 Prime Time, Eclipse and 2 Way are at Igloo on Long Island, and Express North is in Maryland.

Recruiting results so far

PT -12 commits
Eclipse- 12 commits
2 way -9
Express North - 4

Like Reply Quote
Re: Westchester NY Youth Lacrosse
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
why the heck would you go to Maryland when all the college coaches are on Long Island? no wonder ..

Like Reply Quote
Re: Westchester NY Youth Lacrosse
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Get over this express nonsense and leave. Morgan is an ego maniac. Schreiber is not going to get rid of him! Leave asap

Like Reply Quote
Re: Westchester NY Youth Lacrosse
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
An interesting combination of teams this week for the Battle of Yorktown. Obviously, no one is at full strength and it's fall ball so expectations should be dialed back a bit, but what are we all thinking of who will show well?

Like Reply Quote
Re: Westchester NY Youth Lacrosse
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Its nice to see a competitive LOCAL tournament. Apparently 20 plus college coaches will be in attendance . Great for the kids

Like Reply Quote
Re: Westchester NY Youth Lacrosse
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
20 college coaches?

Like Reply Quote
Re: Westchester NY Youth Lacrosse
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
20 college coaches?

I'm guessing at least the following (local) schools:

DI: Albany, Marist, Manhattan, Iona, Sacred Heart & Fairfield.
DII: Mercy & Pace
DIII: Manhattanville, West Conn & Vassar.

Like Reply Quote
Re: Westchester NY Youth Lacrosse
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Anyone at Yorktown today? How’d everyone look?

Like Reply Quote
Re: Westchester NY Youth Lacrosse
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Stepinac missing kids for football. Iona probably looked the best. Beat town 7-5. They also beat west Genny not sure who else they played
Greeley won 3 games they looked gassed by the 4 th game against West Genny
Town beat Step, WestGenny and Lakeland lost to Iona
Not sure how Pelham and Lakeland did.
Nice little tournament about 25 coaches on the sideline.
Notables were Loyola, holy cross, Fairfield, Albany, Marist.
Good opportunity for those kids who don’t have a chance to play in front of a lot of coaches.

Like Reply Quote
Re: Westchester NY Youth Lacrosse
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Any insight as to why Bronxville coach left? Solid program with talent so a bit confusing

Like Reply Quote
Re: Westchester NY Youth Lacrosse
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Any insight as to why Bronxville coach left? Solid program with talent so a bit confusing
I'm guessing here, but he lives in Somers so going there as an assistant makes it a much easier to make work for him and his family?

This may be a shocker, but coaches aren't paid a ton especially compared to the time needed to put into it so not having to drive to Bronxville to somers twice a day adds up over the course of a season.

Like Reply Quote
Re: Westchester NY Youth Lacrosse
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
what the heck happened to John Jay in the sixes tourney 0-5?

Like Reply Quote
Re: Westchester NY Youth Lacrosse
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
what the heck happened to John Jay in the sixes tourney 0-5?

Wouldn't stress over their results (or Arlington's too). Unfortunately, this exhibition also conflicted with the beginning of Section 1 Winter sports and everyone should know, that Basketball and Wrestling are highly regarded at JJ.

Next year, Savs' should consider hosting this on Tuesday, Nov 5 (election day; school is not in session) and it won't conflict with Winter Sports.

Like Reply Quote
Re: Westchester NY Youth Lacrosse
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Potash is building something special!!

Like Reply Quote
Re: Westchester NY Youth Lacrosse
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Coaching Carousel Updates.

There's some interesting new(er) vacancies in Section 1.

New for 2024
Somers - Hired Jordan Hirsch, Chris Spillane (Bronxville) as Assistant
Arlington - Bryan O'Gorman
Briarcliff - Ryan Tirelli

Vacancies
Bronxville - this has to be the most desired vacancy. It will be interesting to see who they get and will it mean more movement?
Harrison
Hastings/Combo

Another point that is often not as public is there are a number of assistant coaching vacancies across Section 1. They have been harder to fill each year.

Like Reply Quote
Re: Westchester NY Youth Lacrosse
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Potash is building something special!!
Congrats to Greeley on the Sixes trophy. But let's ease up on the celebration. Greeley under Potash has shown they can score goals in high numbers against teams with little defense. Sixes is a purely offensive mindset and it plays to their strength. Good on them for capitalizing and a good showing. It takes nothing away from that accomplishment for a fall tourney.

Jay had a not-great showing and that is not going to be reflective of where they are come spring. Arlington too. It is a good measure of what the teams look like in the fall. Panas had two teams and battled each other going deep.

Like Reply Quote
Re: Westchester NY Youth Lacrosse
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
its not about winning or losing, but what this is about is town culture and kids showing up in a fun environment . With that said, is it true the seniors at JJ decided not to play in this event?

Like Reply Quote
Re: Westchester NY Youth Lacrosse
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Potash is building something special!!
Congrats to Greeley on the Sixes trophy. But let's ease up on the celebration. Greeley under Potash has shown they can score goals in high numbers against teams with little defense. Sixes is a purely offensive mindset and it plays to their strength. Good on them for capitalizing and a good showing. It takes nothing away from that accomplishment for a fall tourney.

Jay had a not-great showing and that is not going to be reflective of where they are come spring. Arlington too. It is a good measure of what the teams look like in the fall. Panas had two teams and battled each other going deep.

To your point, sixes has no poles, and depending on who shows up, a team may be playing a ton of kids who haven't touched a short stick since 4th grade. Also has no FO. The lacrosse that counts is tactical with FO and D (with of course 4 poles) paramount. Also, I could be wrong, but everyone shows up for the games in the Spring.

Like Reply Quote
Re: Westchester NY Youth Lacrosse
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Lots of excuses. Everyone is in the same boat with missing normal players. If you going to make excuses when you lose, don't compete. I'm surprised someone has commented that Greeley had a soft schedule in the sixes like their spring season. Coming off a few years of bad losses to the likes of Pville, Arlington, Yorktown, Mahopac, none of those teams would play Greeley in the 2023 season. Ask those coaches. They scheduled who they could schedule. The schedule will be much different this year. For those who think the formula at Greeley doesn't work in High School, the talent just got to high school... The youth program kicked in when the 2025 class was in kindergarten. Do the math, they are here now. 2025s and down. The script has yet to be written.

Like Reply Quote
Re: Westchester NY Youth Lacrosse
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Potash for President

Like Reply Quote
Re: Westchester NY Youth Lacrosse
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Oh boy…

Like Reply Quote
Re: Westchester NY Youth Lacrosse
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Are we witnessing the downfall of 91 tristate? They seem to be getting worse and worse every year. They claim to be “AA” but still play in low level tournaments and still don’t win anything. Won’t be surprised if they aren’t around in 4-5 years IMO.

Like Reply Quote
Re: Westchester NY Youth Lacrosse
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
not trying to be mean, but 91 has never told anyone they were AA , if thats what you believed when you joined, then your not paying attention - Mike B is a great coach and a great teacher

Like Reply Quote
Re: Westchester NY Youth Lacrosse
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
not trying to be mean, but 91 has never told anyone they were AA , if thats what you believed when you joined, then your not paying attention - Mike B is a great coach and a great teacher
#facts. Great PEOPLE run that program so there will always be a place for them. Maybe youre not AA and thats your problem.

Like Reply Quote
Re: Westchester NY Youth Lacrosse
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Are we witnessing the downfall of 91 tristate? They seem to be getting worse and worse every year. They claim to be “AA” but still play in low level tournaments and still don’t win anything. Won’t be surprised if they aren’t around in 4-5 years IMO.

I have never heard TrIState 91 claim to be AA or anyone else say they are AA. Not sure who you were talking to but they are a solid local team, nothing more

Like Reply Quote
Re: Westchester NY Youth Lacrosse
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Express North 2025. Only team not going to Imlca in Orlando ? How can you only have 5 commits and not be there? When will they get rid of that coach. N2Ty

Like Reply Quote
Re: Westchester NY Youth Lacrosse
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
yeh IMLCA is a huge recruiting event, every coach in the country will be there , that is a big miss

Like Reply Quote
Re: Westchester NY Youth Lacrosse
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Express North 2025. Only team not going to Imlca in Orlando ? How can you only have 5 commits and not be there? When will they get rid of that coach. N2Ty
Originally Posted by Anonymous
yeh IMLCA is a huge recruiting event, every coach in the country will be there , that is a big miss

My only guess, is this is a big nut of an expense for players and families to travel and maybe they didn't have a critical mass of player willing to put that money up to go? I'm the last person to defending EN, but I'd give them a pass on this, for that reason along.

Like Reply Quote
Re: Westchester NY Youth Lacrosse
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
IMLCA is on par with NLF. Must do.

Like Reply Quote
Page 92 of 102 1 2 90 91 92 93 94 101 102
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification



Link Copied to Clipboard












Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 7.7.4