BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys 2030 Midatlantic
by Anonymous -
Annapolis Hawks
by Anonymous -
MD Girls 2028
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,814
Posts387,915
Members2,609
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 5 of 12 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 11 12
Re: Boys 2031-5th Grade Fall 2023/Summer 2024
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Turtles???

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I love how coaches and club owners put the blame on parents when they move their kids to other teams. When parents pay a lot of money for player development instead the clubs focus on a few players just for wins to promote their club. Maybe if coaches and club owners can put their egos in check and realize maybe it’s on them and would have more play retention, build a strong team with depth

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Agree, and as long as there is money involved, clubs will continue down the win at all costs path. It’s not about the kids, it’s about their pockets. Only thing you can do, is find the right fit for your child, development and PT. If they are happy, having fun, and want to go back for more, you are winning.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Does anyone know tuition costs for the main 6 clubs for this age.
Legacy
Express
S2S
Rebels
Igloo
And is it the same for A and B teams

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Legacy
Express
S2S
Rebels
Igloo

A and B teams pay the same

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Express Chucks still #1??!!
Just went 0-3 at NAL.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Legacy
Express
S2S
Rebels
Igloo

Between 3-4 k for each one of thiseb

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Need an igloo vs stealth game!!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Need an igloo vs stealth game!!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
S2S had a good day going 3-0 in bracket play. Had a good first half with Igloo in the Chip game but fell apart in the second half of the game. There is a lot of talent on the team and excited to see how they develop and the chemistry grows over the Winter heading into Spring ball - Really great coaching too.

Hats off to Igloo turning it up in the second half in the Chip game.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Nice to see Eskimos and S2S go 3-0. They will be battling for 2nd best team on island.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Okay!!
PPV

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What does PPV stand for?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
S2S is a nice story, but slow down on being one of the best. They are a 30-40th ranked team

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Slow down Strong Island. None of these can compete with ML, NL or the Hawks. Not even close.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
LI will Have 3/4 Teams in top 10 in Country if they go by Age, Not Grad year.
LI is and will always be the BEST

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Another mom drinking the rebels kool-aid. Doesn’t get it.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Madlax tied with West Coast who Igloo crushed yesterday.
Hawks lost to Sweetlax Florida who S2S also beat yesterday. Did someone post LI team can’t compete with ML & Hawks? Give it up — LI lacrosse is as strong as ever.

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
Any thoughts / feed back on this weekend's NorthShore Invitational in Mt Siani?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Is that a town tournament?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by JZAM1980
Any thoughts / feed back on this weekend's NorthShore Invitational in Mt Siani?

There are no 2031's playing in that tourney.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
4 '31 teams competed. Lower level competition though I believe.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Is it better to be on a winning lower level team or a losing yet competing upper level team? I know you’ll take coaching, fit, and fun into consideration but if you’re not winning games or tourneys, what toll does that take on a 10 year old? Do you switch to a lower level team just to win?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Is it better to be on a winning lower level team or a losing yet competing upper level team? I know you’ll take coaching, fit, and fun into consideration but if you’re not winning games or tourneys, what toll does that take on a 10 year old? Do you switch to a lower level team just to win?

I think there's a balance. A team constantly getting shutout every game is probably counter productive to growth. All things equal i'd take a losing(but competing) team in a more competitive bracket as long as my kid is getting playing time. Winning is one if the last things I care about as a parent personally.

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
Our experience last year with our 10YR from being on a lower-level team that was consistently losing was that although he was getting a lot of field time, we saw a regression in the game. The level of competition at practice coupled with the inability to compete made kids complacent. Moving him to a more competitive A with better players and coaching around him and having him compete for field time has already shown in improvement in his game. Agreed at this age winning is not important, but in their mind it is, and they need to know how to motivate them selves to play hard and work harder.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I think there's a balance. A team constantly getting shutout every game is probably counter productive to growth. All things equal i'd take a losing(but competing) team in a more competitive bracket as long as my kid is getting playing time. Winning is one if the last things I care about as a parent personally.

FWIW - I completely agree...but also think it depends on the training. If the training is good, I personally would prefer to be on a team that's competing at a higher level even if my kid wasn't playing a lot and/or the team was losing competitive games. I think you need to play better teams to get better, even if you're losing + you get better playing with better kids.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Winning will matter less and less as they age up especially when they get to high school where it is meaningless. I agree with the previous post that winning is lowest on the list. My son playing against the best competition was kind of the most important for his development which is somewhat myopic

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What does PPV stand for?

Pay Per View. They are talking about televising the Stealth Vs Winter Soldiers game and charging.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
LOL

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Winning will matter less and less as they age up especially when they get to high school where it is meaningless. I agree with the previous post that winning is lowest on the list. My son playing against the best competition was kind of the most important for his development which is somewhat myopic

Winning HS lacrosse games is meaningless? You realize that will be the pinnacle for 93% of your kids right? 7% of HS athletes play college athletics. That’s perhaps the absolute dopiest thing ever written on here.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Must be a S2S parent. They enjoy losing

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Playing the right competition (for your child) in the right position is paramount. Most winter trainings are the same between programs. Lower level teams lack parental support for lax and their kids maybe playing other sports. Winning should be in the cards, getting destroyed is counterproductive. If a kid is ready to make a jump to a positive feedback loop that is a AA team is good, if he’s ready. Which means he now will play the right competition AND in the right position.

Only noteworthy thing at the N shore tournament is that Spallina’s 30 team had 30 kids and some are 31s.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Playing the right competition (for your child) in the right position is paramount. Most winter trainings are the same between programs. Lower level teams lack parental support for lax and their kids maybe playing other sports. Winning should be in the cards, getting destroyed is counterproductive. If a kid is ready to make a jump to a positive feedback loop that is a AA team is good, if he’s ready. Which means he now will play the right competition AND in the right position.

Only noteworthy thing at the N shore tournament is that Spallina’s 30 team had 30 kids and some are 31s.

some kids play up. way it should be.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Rebels weren't even there most are done with tournaments.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Winning HS lacrosse games is meaningless? You realize that will be the pinnacle for 93% of your kids right? 7% of HS athletes play college athletics. That’s perhaps the absolute dopiest thing ever written on here.

Umm. Talking about club lacrosse here. Wins and losses for club lax at the high school level is just not very important. Most people don’t care and if a kid is trying to get recruited, that’s their main focus. You are probably the parent still yelling wheels at your junior in high school which makes you the dope

Now High School lax (not club) is a whole different story. That stuff is for realzz and much more important

Totally agree with the OP. Club lax wins and losses are meaningless. Look at the the 2024 2025 2026 forums. No one posts about games because no one cares. Except maybe you

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Well the Titans parents probably care about Win and losses as they just got beat by seemingly the BBL B team (shore). At some point the kids playing up with 30s may play 31s + Spallina could rock the apple cart—something to pay attention to. Seems like no 32 team has a lock on anything!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Top 5 in Northeast Rebels, BBL Black, Sweet lax, Igloo, 2Way , Fun Fall, look forward to spring/Summer.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
How can you not have S2S in the conversation? They beat BBL Black at the NAL.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Well the Titans parents probably care about Win and losses as they just got beat by seemingly the BBL B team (shore). At some point the kids playing up with 30s may play 31s + Spallina could rock the apple cart—something to pay attention to. Seems like no 32 team has a lock on anything!

Spallina could rock the apple cart?? - What does that mean?

No 32 team has a lock??

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Isn’t there a ‘31 Spallina? Fun fact: bbl shore (B team) lost to legacy blue devils a few weeks ago in Deleware. So now one could say 91 titans are on par with Blue Devils. In the 30 forums a guy mentioned the table was set for 91 to right the ship this passed weekend. Well that didn’t happen….

91 also lost ANOTHER coach!!!!

Like Reply Quote
Page 5 of 12 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 11 12
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Link Copied to Clipboard