BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,817
Posts388,321
Members2,610
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 63 of 81 1 2 61 62 63 64 65 80 81
Re: MD Girls 2028
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Congrats to Coppermine. They have two exceptional players and with the new addition from MDU coming, those 3 will be something. Having said that, I wonder if the attackers for Coppermine will be charged a ticket for entry and just eat popcorn while those 3 dominate the ball? Iso, iso, iso. Everyone on here talks about recruiting, not sure how anyone gets seen if they are watching 3 girls take turns attacking cage and hanging out

This is not how that team plays. Variety of players score. Lots of goals on cuts, motion, and crisp passing. But yes, if you were coaching talent like they have, you might run a few iso plays too...come on.

Plus there are other functions than scoring goals on a lacrosse team. They have an outstanding draw taker, good defense, some great athletes that carry a big portion of the clears, and some good attackers who get in the mix. Very strong goaltending as well.

I know that most on this thread will continue to talk down the team that they have built, but I think that's a waste of time. The question for their competitors should be how to finish when they have a slow start. That's really Coppermine's one weakness. Couple of bad bounces, a little flat in the first 10 minutes, and an opponent can find themselves in the fight, with a small lead, tied, etc. Aces figured it out--once--last summer when Coppermine was at full strength. That's what Hero's, Eagle Stix, and M&D, should focus on, instead of parents whining about very talented players doing what very talented players do.

If not for a bungled stall that was working really well until an ill-advised pass - Eagle Stix would have won in regulation this weekend.

Never understood the stall tactics of Eagle Stix. They have enough offensive power to score and keep pushing. I think they play better when they don't stall unless they are up by a few goals with 3 minutes or less or so.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Chesapeake Invitational Division Winners:

Yellow: Eagle Stix
Red: Coppermine Blue
Pink: M&D Shore
Orange: Crush (Orange Crush)
Grey: Stars Navy
Green: Coppermine Black
Blue: M&D Red

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Shot clocks need to be kept by officials at these tournaments. The girls are not learning the correct game when you’re not using a shot clock. It’s a completely different game. It’s not what college coaches want to watch either at the recruiting level.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Good picks.

For Red: M&D West
Grey: 3d Maryland
Orange: Hero's Green

Can Aces pull the upset of Coppermine again? They will beat M&D.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Good picks.

Aces has no chance against Coppermine. I think you're right about 3d Maryland. M&D West and Coppermine is a toss up. And I have a feeling Crush will take out Heros in a one or two goal game and take the division.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Shot clocks need to be kept by officials at these tournaments. The girls are not learning the correct game when you’re not using a shot clock. It’s a completely different game. It’s not what college coaches want to watch either at the recruiting level.

It's not like ES played pressure defense to try to get the ball back. They also tried to stall because Coppermine did it to them. These are 8th graders. College coaches aren't watching and when they hit recruiting time there are fewer and fewer championship tournaments, they become more showcases anyway.

Don't like the stall? Don't be put in that position. Most coaches detest it too but will gladly use it when necessary.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Good picks.

Agree with these adjustments on pool winners, especially Hero's. Not too controversial to pick Coppermine Black and Eagle Stix.

Bold to pick Crush over Hero's above.

Within Coppermine Black's pool, I think M&D will beat Aces though.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Congrats to Coppermine. They have two exceptional players and with the new addition from MDU coming, those 3 will be something. Having said that, I wonder if the attackers for Coppermine will be charged a ticket for entry and just eat popcorn while those 3 dominate the ball? Iso, iso, iso. Everyone on here talks about recruiting, not sure how anyone gets seen if they are watching 3 girls take turns attacking cage and hanging out

This is not how that team plays. Variety of players score. Lots of goals on cuts, motion, and crisp passing. But yes, if you were coaching talent like they have, you might run a few iso plays too...come on.

Plus there are other functions than scoring goals on a lacrosse team. They have an outstanding draw taker, good defense, some great athletes that carry a big portion of the clears, and some good attackers who get in the mix. Very strong goaltending as well.

I know that most on this thread will continue to talk down the team that they have built, but I think that's a waste of time. The question for their competitors should be how to finish when they have a slow start. That's really Coppermine's one weakness. Couple of bad bounces, a little flat in the first 10 minutes, and an opponent can find themselves in the fight, with a small lead, tied, etc. Aces figured it out--once--last summer when Coppermine was at full strength. That's what Hero's, Eagle Stix, and M&D, should focus on, instead of parents whining about very talented players doing what very talented players do.

If not for a bungled stall that was working really well until an ill-advised pass - Eagle Stix would have won in regulation this weekend.

Never understood the stall tactics of Eagle Stix. They have enough offensive power to score and keep pushing. I think they play better when they don't stall unless they are up by a few goals with 3 minutes or less or so.

It actually was working really well and they got it down to the last minute or so, then a player made a...rough... pass that went straight to #14 stick.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Apparently the new Coppermine player from MDU was on the sidelines and did not play last weekend. Hope it is not a long term issue and could help increase the gap between Coppermine and ES...

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Good picks.

Agree with these adjustments on pool winners, especially Hero's. Not too controversial to pick Coppermine Black and Eagle Stix.

The same bold pick was made by someone last year in the NGLL playoffs. Guess we'll see what happens Sunday....

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Apparently the new Coppermine player from MDU was on the sidelines and did not play last weekend. Hope it is not a long term issue and could help increase the gap between Coppermine and ES...

Injury from soccer but will be back. Those 2 teams are on a different level than everyone else.

Give me Crush beating Hero's.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Anyone have any insight on the new MDU? Hard to tell from their schedule at National Fall Fest if they have found a way to replace the scoring and all around play of their transferring player(s). FCA game seemed a little close, but they played Eagle Stix tough.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Why wouldn't the best Blue player move to Coppermine Black? That makes no sense.

Because she read the writing on the wall and realized in the history of the 2028 age group Coppermine has only ever moved one player from Blue to Black (a goalie who is now no longer on black), but prefer to get new talent from other teams. Coppermine is not alone on this- pretty sure M&D has never moved anyone either, but they didn't have a red team for a while.
This is not correct - a girl moved up two years ago and is still on the black team. Also best player is pretty subjective, the blue team still has 4-5 really strong players including its two top middies.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Why wouldn't the best Blue player move to Coppermine Black? That makes no sense.

Because she read the writing on the wall and realized in the history of the 2028 age group Coppermine has only ever moved one player from Blue to Black (a goalie who is now no longer on black), but prefer to get new talent from other teams. Coppermine is not alone on this- pretty sure M&D has never moved anyone either, but they didn't have a red team for a while.
This is not correct - a girl moved up two years ago and is still on the black team. Also best player is pretty subjective, the blue team still has 4-5 really strong players including its two top middies.

The player that moved from blue and is still on black isn't a starter and doesn't play much. Would have been better to stay on blue and develop.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

The player that moved from blue and is still on black isn't a starter and doesn't play much. Would have been better to stay on blue and develop.
Don't you realize it's all about the parents getting the tourney t-shirt or medal...why do you think the MDU player went there!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Good picks.

Is M&D Red a solid team this year? Did they get some adds to their roster?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Good picks.

No.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Which team has the most hold backs? I saw one unnamed team player driving.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Good picks.

They are still a B team but are strong enough to beat the bottom A teams.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Good picks.

No.

Good picks.

No.

Sunday should be a good indicator. They play Hero's White ( a Higher B team) CCLax (Technically an A team), Stars LB (Technically an A team) and Grit. That should show them where they stack up.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Which team has the most hold backs? I saw one unnamed team player driving.

HAHAH... you are really trying to stir the pot or you are in the wrong age group! Driving age in Maryland is 16, most of these girls are barely 13 with a few just turning 14... yes there are plenty of older girls that have been held back for various reasons but I am doubtful that they are double hold backs!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Good picks.

They are still a B team but are strong enough to beat the bottom A teams.
They got a goalie from Coppermine black so that could help.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Good picks.

No.

Good picks.

No.

Sunday should be a good indicator. They play Hero's White ( a Higher B team) CCLax (Technically an A team), Stars LB (Technically an A team) and Grit. That should show them where they stack up.

I like that "technically an A"! There really should only be like 5 "A" teams, right.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Good picks.

No.

Good picks.

No.

I like that "technically an A"! There really should only be like 5 "A" teams, right.

5 A teams from where? Baltimore? Are you suggesting that other clubs in the top 25 from LI, CT, NJ, PA, VA, etc aren't A teams? Are Baltimore teams outside the top 5, like Crush and Sky Walkers not A teams? What is your logic?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The top 25 has a very broad spread from 1-25 in terms of competitiveness. After the top 10-15, those teams really fall off. so yes, there's really only 10-15 true A teams across all locations. Right now NJ, CT and VA don't have A teams, but B+ teams maybe.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The top 25 has a very broad spread from 1-25 in terms of competitiveness. After the top 10-15, those teams really fall off. so yes, there's really only 10-15 true A teams across all locations. Right now NJ, CT and VA don't have A teams, but B+ teams maybe.

Aren’t you the expert ? Steps , Grizzlies and Capital would love to play you.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

3D Colorado AA won the Mid-Atlantic, and Urban Elite beat Coppermine at Nationals in July. LI teams often get good results against the top 10. Pride, at #19, has beat Sky Walkers 3 of the past 4, tied Aces, tied M&D, lost to Crush by 2 and 3 goals respectively, while beating other top 15 teams like LI Liberty. Philly teams like NXT have also had good results. Saying there are only 10-15 A teams is really limited.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Your DD must be older because there is no Capital until next year and Grizzlies is not competitive yet. Steps White, maybe.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Fall Power Rankings 28 Division Top 5

#1 Hero’s Green (New additions from out of states will put them at #1)
#2 M&D Black ( added the best player from Bethesda 27and the best player from Pride)
#3 Coppermine ( added legit players but there is only 1 ball which will lead to turmoil, jealousy, and in-house destruction)
#4 Crush ( amazing that they can keep this together)
#5 Skywalkers ( they will only get stronger as they get into high school. They will get the players next year from Coppermine that want to get recruited)

Drinking early I see. Coppermine is the clear #1 and it’s not close. M&D may have gotten the best player from Pride but definitely not from BLC. Good but not the best and is a re class.

Agree, this top 5 is really funny. Not sure there are enough top players from out of state for Hero's to catch Coppermine, unless they merged with Eagle Stix.

M&D was really out of gas at the end of last year. Not sure 2 players are enough to turn that around.

Sky Walkers hype is also fascinating; don't really see it yet, but we will get a look on Sunday. Not sure what the point is of predicting for 9th grade when the 8th graders haven't played a game yet, either.

Good for Crush staying together. They seem to have good coaching and team culture.

M&D will really struggle this year. Hero’s is not going to challenge Coppermine though, still not sure why everyone thinks Hero’s improved so much when the best player went to Coppermine.

You clearly have no clue what you’re talking about. No Hero’s player went to Coppermine.

Looks like the Heros to Coppermine was true after all. Glad she found a home.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Do we think the new MDU addition with help Coppermine? Didn't seem to do anything in National Lax Fest.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Where do we sign up for those games? And there is no 28 Capital team yet.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

They really fall off after top 2.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Who does everyone think the best 2028 is?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Do we think the new MDU addition with help Coppermine? Didn't seem to do anything in National Lax Fest.

Hard to do anything when you are injured on the sidelines and didn’t play in any games…

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
How could she from the sideline? She’s injured. Guess you don’t know who you’re watching. You should pay better attention.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Coppermine and ES, and then a big drop-off.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Coppermine Dad, we get that you think there's a BIG drop off between your DDs team and everyone else. You've said it 20 times. But drop offs get smaller and smaller as the girls get older. Heros has yet to play anyone, as well as many other teams around the country.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Coppermine Dad, we get that you think there's a BIG drop off between your DDs team and everyone else. You've said it 20 times. But drop offs get smaller and smaller as the girls get older. Heros has yet to play anyone, as well as many other teams around the country.

Whether people like it or not, those 2 teams have separated themselves from the pack. Comments about NXT, CT Grizzlies and some other teams are funny.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Fall Power Rankings 28 Division Top 5

#1 Hero’s Green (New additions from out of states will put them at #1)
#2 M&D Black ( added the best player from Bethesda 27and the best player from Pride)
#3 Coppermine ( added legit players but there is only 1 ball which will lead to turmoil, jealousy, and in-house destruction)
#4 Crush ( amazing that they can keep this together)
#5 Skywalkers ( they will only get stronger as they get into high school. They will get the players next year from Coppermine that want to get recruited)
Mark this post: I know at least one top player from the clubs listed above that will be going to Skywalkers next year! May even happen during this club year!

Well this post, and the comment below it didn't age very well. Turns out Coppermine is still Coppermine, which surprises no one except the prior poster.

And the Sky Walkers hype was apparently just that. I'm sure Sky Walkers hype dad will now pivot back to how all the girls from the rest of the Baltimore teams like Coppermine and Crush will be certain to move over next year "for recruiting".

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Takeaways after a few tourneys.

Coppermine and Eagle Stix are as good as they were last year; and Coppermine isn't at full strength yet. Very strong teams, no real weaknesses in any phase. Will take a special effort, with some really good luck, for the rest of the top 15 to beat either one.

Looks like Hero's has been next best, but had a tough game with Eagle Stix over the weekend. M&D has had some good results, winning the games they are supposed to win, keeping it close against the top two. MDU will still be a factor this year. Somebody asked above if they had adjusted to changed roster--it looks like it. Good team, plays very tough defense. Well-coached.

Hard to say where Crush is at. They look the same in the eye test but have had some mixed results. Sky Walkers hasn't started clicking yet, but it would be hard to live up to the expectations from their boosters on this thread in any event.

Like Reply Quote
Page 63 of 81 1 2 61 62 63 64 65 80 81
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Link Copied to Clipboard