BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
Boys High School Lax
by Anonymous -
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,821
Posts388,566
Members2,610
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 107 of 112 1 2 105 106 107 108 109 111 112
Re: Girls 2027 Grads - Mid Atlantic Region
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Is the National HHH team the 2027 team rostered on their website? Or is it different?

Completely different team. Only 6-8 girls on HHH Philly are good enough for their national team. Differences in talent level are night and day.

If HHH National played together all year, they would be a top 10 team. For perspectives, they beat Alliance National in holiday tournament 

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Is the National HHH team the 2027 team rostered on their website? Or is it different?

Completely different team. Only 6-8 girls on HHH Philly are good enough for their national team. Differences in talent level are night and day.

If HHH National played together all year, they would be a top 10 team. For perspectives, they beat Alliance National in holiday tournament 

If M&D and Hero's played together they would be undefeated. I don't understand why these national teams are in the rankings. If there's a kid playing one ranked team, they shouldn't be rostered on another that is ranked too. I get having national teams, let kids travel and play, but don't rank them.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
If M&D and Hero's played together they would be undefeated. I don't understand why these national teams are in the rankings. If there's a kid playing one ranked team, they shouldn't be rostered on another that is ranked too. I get having national teams, let kids travel and play, but don't rank them.[/quote]

Don’t look at the rankings. They don’t matter. Show up and play anyone !

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

If M&D and Hero's played together they would be undefeated. I don't understand why these national teams are in the rankings. If there's a kid playing one ranked team, they shouldn't be rostered on another that is ranked too. I get having national teams, let kids travel and play, but don't rank them.

Would like to see them team up for 1 tournament. Would be entertaining.

As for top level "all-star" teams, the Alliance from Cali is pretty good. Haven't seen any others that would move the needle.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
dense question but what do they do for HS? Go back to their own teams. Those clubs are often at the same tournaments.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
dense question but what do they do for HS? Go back to their own teams. Those clubs are often at the same tournaments.

National teams tend to fall off at the high school level.

While not elite, Mad Dog is the only girls program with a "National" team who keeps its top players in their program.

Will be interesting to see what happens with Alliance. Their best 27 players just made other programs (1 to Heros, 1 to Team 180) and another solid player left to Mad Dog. I can't see them doing well going forward, at least at the A level.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Would like to see them team up for 1 tournament. Would be entertaining.

As for top level "all-star" teams, the Alliance from Cali is pretty good. Haven't seen any others that would move the needle.

It would never happen due to the leadership egos.

But good chance the girls themselves could make it happen. Some boys from FCA, 91, and Crabs who were friends joined together and entered a couple box tourneys and leagues.

Lots of complaints here. So it was successful.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

While not elite, Mad Dog is the only girls program with a "National" team who keeps its top players in their program.

Will be interesting to see what happens with Alliance. Their best 27 players just made other programs (1 to Heros, 1 to Team 180) and another solid player left to Mad Dog. I can't see them doing well going forward, at least at the A level.

I know the one going to Heros will be a top ranked kid in her class. The team 180 kid is good too. Don’t know the 3rd but yea their loss will really hurt them. I really wonder how these kids from different states get connected to teams here in the east and can make it work.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I know the one going to Heros will be a top ranked kid in her class. The team 180 kid is good too. Don’t know the 3rd but yea their loss will really hurt them. I really wonder how these kids from different states get connected to teams here in the east and can make it work.

Some of it is parents looking out; others it is the program itself. My niece who lives in Minnesota has had multiple offers from east coast teams after a strong game against them.

And sometimes it works. 2 Michigan girls from the 25 SW White team just committed to Hopkins.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Some of it is parents looking out; others it is the program itself. My niece who lives in Minnesota has had multiple offers from east coast teams after a strong game against them.

And sometimes it works. 2 Michigan girls from the 25 SW White team just committed to Hopkins.

Obviously clubs can add whoever they want, but I don't know how I feel about some clubs taking out of staters to play for them. Certainly not loyal to the players on their current roster, replacing them (esp right before recruiting) with kids just so they can win a few games or add to their portfilio for recruiting. But its a business, and that is good for business.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Obviously clubs can add whoever they want, but I don't know how I feel about some clubs taking out of staters to play for them. Certainly not loyal to the players on their current roster, replacing them (esp right before recruiting) with kids just so they can win a few games or add to their portfilio for recruiting. But its a business, and that is good for business.

Girls that improve and produce don’t get replaced.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Defensive Coaching needed:

Does anyone have a recommendation for a good girls defensive (trainer/coach/program)?

Thanks

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Excited for the fall season to kick off soon. Wondering what roster shuffling / changes will put their teams in position to start the year off right.

Hero's added a talented player from California. Was already a solid middie group, now even stronger. They look primed for another stellar season.

M&D added a pair of top level middies. Which makes them scary. But will their massive amount of injuries derail their quest to be back on top.

Capital has plenty of BLC talent. But will it take a while for them to mesh with outside players.

MDU should be solid (as usual). Will they creep into the top 3 locally? or stay just outside. Either way, they always bring it

Skywalkers. Added a lot of new players. Wondering if any are considered "game changers". And if so, how long will it take for them to gel.

Coppermine. Started getting mojo towards the end of last season. Does it carry over? Did they add any talent which can help them get into top 4 or 5

There's always a surprise team which makes a leap....Who will it be this year? Pride, Shore, NEMS, Renegades, Integrity?

Hopefully everyone gets healthy in time for a strong season. Best of luck to everyone.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I know M&D got a BLC player, who is the other middie added?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Excited for the fall season to kick off soon. Wondering what roster shuffling / changes will put their teams in position to start the year off right.

Hero's added a talented player from California. Was already a solid middie group, now even stronger. They look primed for another stellar season.

M&D added a pair of top level middies. Which makes them scary. But will their massive amount of injuries derail their quest to be back on top.

Capital has plenty of BLC talent. But will it take a while for them to mesh with outside players.

MDU should be solid (as usual). Will they creep into the top 3 locally? or stay just outside. Either way, they always bring it

Skywalkers. Added a lot of new players. Wondering if any are considered "game changers". And if so, how long will it take for them to gel.

Coppermine. Started getting mojo towards the end of last season. Does it carry over? Did they add any talent which can help them get into top 4 or 5

There's always a surprise team which makes a leap....Who will it be this year? Pride, Shore, NEMS, Renegades, Integrity?

Hopefully everyone gets healthy in time for a strong season. Best of luck to everyone.
Anyone know what's going on with NEMS? They only have 11 players on their team website roster. Perhaps they will be the team that makes a huge leap backwards.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Sadly, NEMS already took their leap backwards last year. They were a top 15 2027 team in 7th grade, they won't be top-70 this year.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Renegades also no longer exists. They left to become 3d Frederick with only a few of the girls also leaving entirely. Same coaches though so don't expect anything else to change other than name.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

The girls from California is an attacker, not a middle.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Skywalkers added some really good players but will need some time to gel as a team. If they can figure out the draw and off ball defense they will be really good, prob battle MDU for 3rd best in MD

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Skywalkers added some really good players but will need some time to gel as a team. If they can figure out the draw and off ball defense they will be really good, prob battle MDU for 3rd best in MD
If your club team is still trying to figure out the draw in freshman year, you probably aren't a top team.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

If your club team is still trying to figure out the draw in freshman year, you probably aren't a top team.

Love the comment- MDU solid (as usual). That comment get’s me. They seem like a pretty inconsistent team.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Love the comment- MDU solid (as usual). That comment get’s me. They seem like a pretty inconsistent team.

Can you go into detail?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Ranked 11, 13 and 10 last three years. Nationally. Plus they always play one of the hardest schedules.

What should "get you" is what consistency means. Go back to bed

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

They are solid and inconsistent, they are either elite and capable of beating any team or they are solid.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Not sure a team has upgraded more individually than SW this summer. That being said, not sure they have the firepower to threaten MDU in that 2nd tier.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I think there will be many teams from MD that represent the State well throughout HS and each will have up & down showings in different Tournaments. Everyone will be just fine.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Not sure a team has upgraded more individually than SW this summer. That being said, not sure they have the firepower to threaten MDU in that 2nd tier.

Probably can’t judge how good or bad any teams are until after all the fall tournaments since lots of movement between teams

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Probably can’t judge how good or bad any teams are until after all the fall tournaments since lots of movement between teams

Really can't even evaluate until beginning of summer.

With some teams practices 2 or 3 times per week and others only a few times in the fall, its really an uneven playing field.

For instance Capital is usually very poor during its first fall, but improve as the year moves on. I expect that as well. Also, I would expect SW and some other teams with lots of roster turnover to take some time to learn the playbook and gel.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Are teams really practicing 2 or 3X/week?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Right? How do you play HS fall sports and practice 2-3 a week? How does a teenager keep that pace both physically and mentally?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Some add optional midweek practices in the runup to fall tourneys, as JV seasons wind down.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I watched the "playday" yesterday with Hero's, Capital and SW. SW looked much better than last Spring. Capital beat them by 7 or 8 and looked pretty good for a newly formed team. Hero's looked like Hero's. Hero's beat Capital by about 5 or 6 (scores weren't kept). Not sure of the Hero's v. SW outcome.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I watched the "playday" yesterday with Hero's, Capital and SW. SW looked much better than last Spring. Capital beat them by 7 or 8 and looked pretty good for a newly formed team. Hero's looked like Hero's. Hero's beat Capital by about 5 or 6 (scores weren't kept). Not sure of the Hero's v. SW outcome.

Score not kept but felt like a 13-6 kinda win for Heros over SW. SW definitely did better on draws and possessed the ball better but settled play defense will still be a problem. Have to think there is still a pretty big gap between them and MDU

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Score not kept but felt like a 13-6 kinda win for Heros over SW. SW definitely did better on draws and possessed the ball better but settled play defense will still be a problem. Have to think there is still a pretty big gap between them and MDU

SW were significantly more athletic and also bigger than previous years but you could tell their offense didn’t have a clue. Girls just standing around looking confused due to being new but I’m sure that’ll change with practices

Capital is strong and HG is HG

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Is Capital Blue the “A” and Orange the “B”?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

That is correct.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Yes

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Blue is their A team.

They are most of the best players from Stars, Pride and BLC

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What’s inaccurate about the rankings? Who is better and at what spot then those in the top 10?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What’s inaccurate about the rankings? Who is better and at what spot then those in the top 10?

Looking at last year's final rankings a few likely changes

- BLC goes away and will be replaced by Capital in a similar spot
- M&D and Heros will likely be in similar spots; Coppermine too since their roster is largely unchanged
- SW should be better, but likely not top 15; Pride will completely fall off and will be lucky to be top 50 losing most of their talent to Capital A

Outside DMV
- Aces and YJ will be best 2 northern teams; Jesters will likely be better
- Alliance will likely drop out of top 20. Lost several of their stars to east coast teams
- FLG will fall of top 20
- Mass Elite will be top 10, potentially even top 5. Didn't play much national competitive last year and picked up a ton of national level talent.
- Team 180 will be top 20, probably top 15

Page 107 of 112 1 2 105 106 107 108 109 111 112

Link Copied to Clipboard