BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Girls High School Lax
by Anonymous -
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,817
Posts388,328
Members2,610
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 221 of 260 1 2 219 220 221 222 223 259 260
Re: Boys 2028 Grads - Mid Atlantic Region
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Are any local teams doing NAL?
Haaaaaa. Only one. And we all know why. He’s a very, very little man.

It is just sad...

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I predict that DCE black is going to get its clock cleaned. Book it.
While I don’t think they’ll beat NL or Crabs, they’ll compete with them. They’re a brand new team as of last month. With some really good pieces. By spring they’ll contend in HoCo, but still won’t be able to keep up with Hawks
Why are Predators playing AA against these teams. Shouldn't FCA White or Richmond Hawks be the 4th team? Not sure who set the divisions up, but they are clueless.

Predators is kind of the anti-Madlax when it comes to club leadership, the directors don't put a lot of thought into any of this whereas Cabell is like the MegaMind of Youth Lax (take that metaphor as far as you like). In the Preds directors eyes, last year's Preds beat FCA White (usually by 1 point) 2-3x and would have readily beaten Richmond Hawks and the lower Hoco AAA teams, so, sure, now Preds and their 15+ new players should go play Crabs and NL, it'll be fine. And that was the end of the conversation, if there was even a conversation.

To be clear - I'm not saying their conclusion makes sense. I'm just saying, that's about the amount of thought that was probably put into it.

The idea that FCA White or Richmond Hawks would fare much better against the above mentioned elite teams is kind of hilarious, so, does it really matter which Hoco AAA team gets embarrassed by them?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
While I don’t think they’ll beat NL or Crabs, they’ll compete with them. They’re a brand new team as of last month. With some really good pieces. By spring they’ll contend in HoCo, but still won’t be able to keep up with Hawks
Why are Predators playing AA against these teams. Shouldn't FCA White or Richmond Hawks be the 4th team? Not sure who set the divisions up, but they are clueless.

Predators is kind of the anti-Madlax when it comes to club leadership, the directors don't put a lot of thought into any of this whereas Cabell is like the MegaMind of Youth Lax (take that metaphor as far as you like). In the Preds directors eyes, last year's Preds beat FCA White (usually by 1 point) 2-3x and would have readily beaten Richmond Hawks and the lower Hoco AAA teams, so, sure, now Preds and their 15+ new players should go play Crabs and NL, it'll be fine. And that was the end of the conversation, if there was even a conversation.

To be clear - I'm not saying their conclusion makes sense. I'm just saying, that's about the amount of thought that was probably put into it.

The idea that FCA White or Richmond Hawks would fare much better against the above mentioned elite teams is kind of hilarious, so, does it really matter which Hoco AAA team gets embarrassed by them?

I'm not involved with Preds in any way, but if someone wants to go test themselves against some of the best teams out there during fall ball then fine, cool, go for it. Maybe it ultimately makes them better or at least helps highlight what they do well or poorly. I'm not sure their egos are so tied up in the results that they're really worried about embarrassment.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Pretty sure it was Preds NY, not Baltimore. But not 100% since they are taking over everywhere.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Pretty sure it was Preds NY, not Baltimore. But not 100% since they are taking over everywhere.

I think at the youth level, you could switch out NY and MD Preds and not know the difference.

Preds MD, as far as I know, is non-existent on the HS age scene (I don't think anybody has tried to develop it whatsoever), whereas NY Preds (Kind of like 91 MD) totally switches out their roster after 8th grade and is much more competitive at the HS level. Not elite but "good."

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I thought the quarter-zip dads who organized the DCE team for their kids did it so they could get away from Cabell and stop talking about him. You all seem to think about him more now than when you played for madlax.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Any thoughts on the B division teams playing this weekend?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I thought the quarter-zip dads who organized the DCE team for their kids did it so they could get away from Cabell and stop talking about him. You all seem to think about him more now than when you played for madlax.

I'm not one of those dads, but it sounds like Cabell is trying to block DCE from tourneys so it seems pretty natural that he would be a subject of discussion for them. Like, I generally would want to distance myself from a rabid raccoon, but if one got into my garage and started digging through my [Censored] then I would feel compelled to deal with it.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I'm not involved with Preds in any way, but if someone wants to go test themselves against some of the best teams out there during fall ball then fine, cool, go for it. Maybe it ultimately makes them better or at least helps highlight what they do well or poorly. I'm not sure their egos are so tied up in the results that they're really worried about embarrassment.

Losing games 15-1, 12-2, etc. do not make you better as a player or a team. It makes zero sense to play Elite level teams when you lack Elite level talent. Feel bad for the Preds kids.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Losing games 15-1, 12-2, etc. do not make you better as a player or a team. It makes zero sense to play Elite level teams when you lack Elite level talent. Feel bad for the Preds kids.

Nobody is going to get embarrassed in fall ball. The scores are irrelevant. It's a chance to play every kid and try different combinations of kids. There isn't even a t shirt at stake. So good for the Preds. And good for the kids who don't get as much time on the other teams.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I'm not one of those dads, but it sounds like Cabell is trying to block DCE from tourneys so it seems pretty natural that he would be a subject of discussion for them. Like, I generally would want to distance myself from a rabid raccoon, but if one got into my garage and started digging through my [Censored] then I would feel compelled to deal with it.
Haaaa. Pretty funny. And I really don’t think it’s just the DCE people who left Madlax, he’s the poster child for everything rotten with club lacrosse and has left a scorched earth everywhere he’s been. The DMV knows the guy for the rat he is.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
This was the blc model and failed.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
This was the blc model and failed.

Do you mean VLC? Because BLC stops after 7th grade and VLC no longer has a 2028.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Nobody is going to get embarrassed in fall ball. The scores are irrelevant. It's a chance to play every kid and try different combinations of kids. There isn't even a t shirt at stake. So good for the Preds. And good for the kids who don't get as much time on the other teams.

Nice try, but it is never good for kids to get consistently blown out by 10 or more goals regardless of what season it is. It takes the joy out of the game, and it stunts their growth as players. Nobody gets better by being smoked in games that are obviously out of reach in the first few minutes. If that is happening to Preds, or to any team, shame on the directors and coaches for not putting them in the right tournaments or divisions.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Nice try, but it is never good for kids to get consistently blown out by 10 or more goals regardless of what season it is. It takes the joy out of the game, and it stunts their growth as players. Nobody gets better by being smoked in games that are obviously out of reach in the first few minutes. If that is happening to Preds, or to any team, shame on the directors and coaches for not putting them in the right tournaments or divisions.

I agree, but I am sure that parents WANT their kids to be in the "Elite" divisions also...

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Agreed. If Preds lose 15-1, what will they have learned from that experience? Other than maybe we should have competed against kids at our own level. Not to mention, it was an utter waste of time for the team who beat them 15-1. And most likely, it could have been 25-1, but they called off the dogs.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Agreed. If Preds lose 15-1, what will they have learned from that experience? Other than maybe we should have competed against kids at our own level. Not to mention, it was an utter waste of time for the team who beat them 15-1. And most likely, it could have been 25-1, but they called off the dogs.
As a Director/Coach you have to know where your talent level stands after try-outs. You know if you can play Elite teams in tournaments or you can't. If you fail to do this you will lose very good players to other clubs year after year. I'm sure next year will be a huge turn-over of kids switching teams before high school, but maybe i'm wrong.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

As a Director/Coach you have to know where your talent level stands after try-outs. You know if you can play Elite teams in tournaments or you can't. If you fail to do this you will lose very good players to other clubs year after year. I'm sure next year will be a huge turn-over of kids switching teams before high school, but maybe i'm wrong.
I think you’re right. Do not let your kids get demoralized by a drilling of this proportion.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I think you’re right. Do not let your kids get demoralized by a drilling of this proportion.

I agree with this. Kids want to have a solid team before High School, if that is the direction they are going.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
While I don’t think they’ll beat NL or Crabs, they’ll compete with them. They’re a brand new team as of last month. With some really good pieces. By spring they’ll contend in HoCo, but still won’t be able to keep up with Hawk

The idea that FCA White or Richmond Hawks would fare much better against the above mentioned elite teams is kind of hilarious, so, does it really matter which Hoco AAA team gets embarrassed by them

Game was much closer than the scores shows.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
While I don’t think they’ll beat NL or Crabs, they’ll compete with them. They’re a brand new team as of last month. With some really good pieces. By spring they’ll contend in HoCo, but still won’t be able to keep up with Hawk

The idea that FCA White or Richmond Hawks would fare much better against the above mentioned elite teams is kind of hilarious, so, does it really matter which Hoco AAA team gets embarrassed by them

Prediction for October Invitational:
Next Level Blue 3-0.....will have an average margin of victory of 7
Crabs 2-1
DC Express 1-2
Predators 0-3

Next Level Red will go 3-0 in A division

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

The Preds have an equal playing time rule.
So keep that in mind too, when you are talking scores.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

It sounds like they also have a mindless coaching rule as well.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Crabs 2-1
DC Express 1-2
Predators 0-3

I suspect the Crabs reclassed several kids after this summer. I’m
Putting them at 3-0, NL at 2-1, DCE at 1-2, and the Galk of Baltimore…. 0-3.
DCE will play NL and Crabs close, but they’re a work in progress, brand new team. NL isn’t nearly as good as this previous poster thinks. They lose to BLC at the end of summer, and didn’t even make the playoffs last spring. Failed to win a single meaningful game over the summer, so I’m not sure why they’ll have an average margin of victory if 7 goals. Better chance they go 1-2 than best crabs and DCE by 7.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

That's as untrue now as it was 2 years ago when you first posted it. At least at 2028. Assuming your son went to 91 a year ago. How's that going.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Game was much closer than the scores shows.[/quote]
Crabs 2-1
DC Express 1-2
Predators 0-3

Next Level Red will go 3-0 in A division[/quote]

Does anyone know anything about FCA White or DCE Orange?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Crabs 2-1
DC Express 1-2
Predators 0-3

DCE Orange may have something to say about that

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Crabs 2-1
DC Express 1-2
Predators 0-3

Next Level Red will go 3-0 in A division[/quote]

Does anyone know anything about FCA White or DCE Orange?[/quote]
Don’t know anything about FCA White But DCE Orange will be tough in that B division.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Crabs 2-1
DC Express 1-2
Predators 0-3

Does anyone know anything about FCA White or DCE Orange?[/quote]
Don’t know anything about FCA White But DCE Orange will be tough in that B division.[/quote]

Sorry, but NL Red has been largely together for years while DCE Orange has had 10 practices. Maybe they'll compete eventually, but NL Red will roll them this fall.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Crabs 2-1
DC Express 1-2
Predators 0-3

Don’t know anything about FCA White But DCE Orange will be tough in that B division.[/quote]

Sorry, but NL Red has been largely together for years while DCE Orange has had 10 practices. Maybe they'll compete eventually, but NL Red will roll them this fall.[/quote]

Havn't NL Red players moved up in the past few years? Either way, it should make for some good A division playing.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Crabs 2-1
DC Express 1-2
Predators 0-3

Don’t know anything about FCA White But DCE Orange will be tough in that B division.

Sorry, but NL Red has been largely together for years while DCE Orange has had 10 practices. Maybe they'll compete eventually, but NL Red will roll them this fall.[/quote]

Havn't NL Red players moved up in the past few years? Either way, it should make for some good A division playing.[/quote]
NL red missed HoCo playoffs in the third division. 3-4. FCA White went 5-2 in the second division.

FCA White 3-0, DCE Orange 2-1, NL Red 1-2. Book it

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
NL Red lost to Preds in the championship playoff game in HoCo this year.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
NL Red lost to Preds in the championship playoff game in HoCo this year.
Correct. 3-4 in the regular season… in the third division, one below FCA White

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

That's as untrue now as it was 2 years ago when you first posted it. At least at 2028. Assuming your son went to 91 a year ago. How's that going.

All 3 of my kids play or played for the preds. They do not advertise the equal playing time, but I can confirm it's true. At least for the 2026s, 2027s and 2029s. And my sons 29 team was very solid. It's been good coaching, and the kids understand they are there to get better.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Preds have a model that is actually refreshing for youth level lacrosse. Give kids some resemblance, not perfect of equal playing time. The Horror of not acting like some top D1 team at these ages. The Horror!

There is a reason they are the talk of Baltimore .

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Relax dude. Was just correcting the poster who said NL Red didn’t make the playoffs. We all understand that FCA White is the best team ever and all their kids are going D1.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Get a look at redhots champ picture today? Those boys are the oldest looking 13-14 year olds I have ever seen. Laughable!!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Get a look at redhots champ picture today? Those boys are the oldest looking 13-14 year olds I have ever seen. Laughable!!

That’s because many are already or will be 15 by Christmas.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Relax dude. Was just correcting the poster who said NL Red didn’t make the playoffs. We all understand that FCA White is the best team ever and all their kids are going D1.

NL red - really? You're wasting energy on discussing B teams?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

All 3 of my kids play or played for the preds. They do not advertise the equal playing time, but I can confirm it's true. At least for the 2026s, 2027s and 2029s. And my sons 29 team was very solid. It's been good coaching, and the kids understand they are there to get better.

OK, now I see that the Angry Preds Dad who's been on here for 2+ years now, is not even a 2028 dad, he must have gotten that EPT message from whatever other Preds team his son was on, and he'd just come on the 2028 page to troll Preds for some weird reason. "Preds have equal playing time and it's CoMmUnIsM!"

The 2028s went through something like 5 head coaches in the first 6 months of the club, and clearly the EPT message didn't trickle down. Then again, what does equal playing time even mean when you have a roster of 28 kids and rarely more than one coach at games and practices.

Preds coach is just one guy who can't do everything , so he'd have to let the players run the box themselves, which usually led to 1 or more players per game just not getting on the field. On the odd occasion when there were 2 coaches present, since there were no defined 1st line, 2nd line, etc, you'd have one coach put a kid on the field, and the other coach scream at the kid to sprint back out immediately. It was weird. Definitely gave the feeling that the players were the only ones (kind of) in charge. 18 of 28 families left including all 3 goalies who are starters at McDonogh, Loyola, and St. Pauls (there were no cuts to existing players). We'll see what this year brings for the Preds, who seem to have picked up some kids from 91, FCA White, and various True teams. And more importantly, another assistant coach who hopefully won't act like coaching lax is the worst part of his day.

I'm actually very happy that the players at 2026, 2027, 2029 are getting the advertised experience and (based on their records) are getting better year to year.

Like Reply Quote
Page 221 of 260 1 2 219 220 221 222 223 259 260
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Link Copied to Clipboard