BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
Annapolis Hawks
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,814
Posts387,877
Members2,608
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 31 of 33 1 2 29 30 31 32 33
Re: Team 91 MD
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
No one gets cut at 91. That’s a fact! You may chose to leave but no one gets cut!! Mostly Dads get frustrated and leave.

Let's put this ridiculous idea to bed. If I tase someone every time they eat, and then they starve, I didn't technically starve them. They got frustrated and stopped eating! Who knows why? It's a mystery!

Starting in 4th grade, 91 will notify kids after the team fails to make Hoco playoffs, as nearly every 91 team has failed to do for years, that 1/3 of the roster is on the "practice team," and won't be doing summer tournaments with the team. They already have "too many" etc etc. On its face...weird but ok.

3-4 days later, 5-10 new kids show up on teamsnap from another team for the summer...and btw...they don't need to attend tryouts but the "practice team" does. Gotta secure your spot on next year's 91 practice team! Somehow there's 35+ kids on the summer roster and you're not even allowed to be on the sideline, despite riding with the team all year.

To say that this is "not being cut" ignores every common sense cue the club is giving the player and parent. I know Millon loves this "we never cut a player" sales pitch but he's counting on parents to take their unwanted players out voluntarily with strong cues. I'm sure some parents have recapped for a 2nd bench warmer year but why, unless we're talking about the 2022-2025 teams.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
No one gets cut at 91. That’s a fact! You may chose to leave but no one gets cut!! Mostly Dads get frustrated and leave.

Let's put this ridiculous idea to bed. If I tase someone every time they eat, and then they starve, I didn't technically starve them. They got frustrated and stopped eating! Who knows why? It's a mystery!

Starting in 4th grade, 91 will notify kids after the team fails to make Hoco playoffs, as nearly every 91 team has failed to do for years, that 1/3 of the roster is on the "practice team," and won't be doing summer tournaments with the team. They already have "too many" etc etc. On its face...weird but ok.

3-4 days later, 5-10 new kids show up on teamsnap from another team for the summer...and btw...they don't need to attend tryouts but the "practice team" does. Gotta secure your spot on next year's 91 practice team! Somehow there's 35+ kids on the summer roster and you're not even allowed to be on the sideline, despite riding with the team all year.

To say that this is "not being cut" ignores every common sense cue the club is giving the player and parent. I know Millon loves this "we never cut a player" sales pitch but he's counting on parents to take their unwanted players out voluntarily with strong cues. I'm sure some parents have recapped for a 2nd bench warmer year but why, unless we're talking about the 2022-2025 teams.

You may not like what they are selling but there is clearly a market for it. It also exists at most of the MIAA schools. Just look at the varsity rosters of 45+ kids, most of whom will never see the field. Give the consumer what they want.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

You may not like what they are selling but there is clearly a market for it. It also exists at most of the MIAA schools. Just look at the varsity rosters of 45+ kids, most of whom will never see the field. Give the consumer what they want.

Heard a Loyola dad call it Shiny Helmet Syndrome.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Is there a market for it? 91MD has such an incredibly bad reputation in developing kids, letting kids have fun, and being even remotely competitive...it seems harder and harder to fill their roster every year. This is youth level (8th grade and below). Obviously, the teams MM has kids on are a separate conversation - those are elite teams. I'm talking the youth teams that went 3-45 in HoCo last year as a program....losing by an average of over 10 goals a game (which was actually an improvement from year prior). At some point - shiny helmet syndrome or not, it does not seem like a sustainable business model.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Is there a market for it? 91MD has such an incredibly bad reputation in developing kids, letting kids have fun, and being even remotely competitive...it seems harder and harder to fill their roster every year. This is youth level (8th grade and below). Obviously, the teams MM has kids on are a separate conversation - those are elite teams. I'm talking the youth teams that went 3-45 in HoCo last year as a program....losing by an average of over 10 goals a game (which was actually an improvement from year prior). At some point - shiny helmet syndrome or not, it does not seem like a sustainable business model.

The could go Team Maryland style and refuse to get promoted to keep their W/L record looking shiny. Is that a better model? People keep complaining about how they have too many paying kids on the roster so it seems to be working as a business model. Whether it is sustainable or not, I don't see why anything would change.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
If you want to be the best you can be play for Team 91!
You can’t dispute the results? Look at all the college commitments every year. Currently Team 91 2025’s are the only MIAA players who have commitments so far.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You can’t dispute the results? Look at all the college commitments every year. Currently Team 91 2025’s are the only MIAA players who have commitments so far.

Thanks Mark ! Besides your sons team, you could care less about anything except the payment. You got the formula for your family, Number 1 recruit and I suspect the next one will be the same . Get big time credit there. How the others buy into it is beyond me and many others.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Wrong. FCA 2025's have at least 4 kids committed to D1 schools (JHH, Air Force, Towson and 'Nova).

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

They are recruited by 91, not developed by 91. Scholarships are a wonderful thing.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Team 91 2025 is a great squad - you don’t need to lie/embellish

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
MM #1 interest in is building his brand. He knew to stay relevant in his cash cow business of running camps he needs to stay relevant so he's marketing the heck out of his kids. They are both great players with a level of training and support afforded few athletes. He knew there was incredible value in being the #1 recruit which is why when it became evident that little #9 didn't have a chance at being #1 in 2022, he was reclassed to '23. Not for the players sake, but for the marketing value. He's a businessman first. The younger one was on a path to being close enough to the top of his class that they could get him there with the added exposure from the MM marketing machine. He now has 6 more years of relevancy and then he'll begin to hand the family business over to his kids like most of you plan to do with your businesses. Look for him to part ways with 91, possibly passing the reigns to AS. Camps and Events will bring in the $$. He has no interest in youth teams, but I look for him to start a "Project 9" elite club program with only HS aged teams and little Millon's coaching. It will be an elite national level team with recruited players and you won't hear about "developing players" Parents will will pay top $ with less drama and turnover in hopes of them marketing their player and his all important #9 will be highlighted rather than some "lesser player's" (in his mind) number.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
HAHA Get bent. MM jealousy not going to get your kid far. Why not train your kid with the best and stop making excuses. Funny all these fat daddys get so bent out of shape by the great coaches like MM and AS. Complain and make excuses all the time when the fat daddys were notIntelligent and didnt take the opportunity to train with the best team. Get off the keyboard and sign your kid up for the best team and report back. Doing you a favor and come back and give thanks.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Exactly. Look at the talent in the 26 team that AS has cultivated!! That team is awesome!!! Lol

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
HAHA Get bent. MM jealousy not going to get your kid far. Why not train your kid with the best and stop making excuses. Funny all these fat daddys get so bent out of shape by the great coaches like MM and AS. Complain and make excuses all the time when the fat daddys were notIntelligent and didnt take the opportunity to train with the best team. Get off the keyboard and sign your kid up for the best team and report back. Doing you a favor and come back and give thanks.

Easy there Mark ! Your record of all 91 teams besides your childrens team which got all your resources , is on the same level as Zingos. Frankly Zingos might even have a better record.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Tell me more about how the 2026-2031 teams have been developed by the expert coaches and are achieving elite success. AS has been running the 2026, 2027, and until recently the 2028s for years. Surely they have all achieved eliteness now since 91 develops elite players and 91 doesn't cut players.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Easy there Mark ! Your record of all 91 teams besides your childrens team which got all your resources , is on the same level as Zingos. Frankly Zingos might even have a better record.

Did the Zingos or any local clubs have 20 commits for 24s?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Tell me more about how the 2026-2031 teams have been developed by the expert coaches and are achieving elite success. AS has been running the 2026, 2027, and until recently the 2028s for years. Surely they have all achieved eliteness now since 91 develops elite players and 91 doesn't cut players.

heck, the 2023’s only had one mediocre season when the got the re-classed 2022’s who were never committed to the team and picked and choosed when they felt like playing. Most years they were lucky to win a single HOCO game. That team was one of the first 91MD teams ever and it was a train weak from day 1.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

MM needs to look in the mirror before posting. P9 just posted pics of you…youre 5’8” and round. Gtfoh Frodo. Your kids have been babied in the lax world their whole lives.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

MM needs to look in the mirror before posting. P9 just posted pics of you…youre 5’8” and round. Gtfoh Frodo. Your kids have been babied in the lax world their whole lives.

And the top players in the country!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

The coaches might have asked for more time to practice. Up to MM and AS to give them the resources they need. MM def gave his 24 and 25 those extra resources and attention.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Admittedly, I have watched all the Pehlke YouTube videos like one slows down past a bad auto accident. Can’t resist them. Cringy doesn’t even come close to describe it! First - you have MM cursing on sideline, beefing with opposing coaches, crying over calls. Then, you have him counting down to Sept 1st and cheering when the IL rankings come out like a guy that has never even played college ball. Act like you’ve been there before Bro. Heard he handled the recruiting process like a business agent too. His poor kids. Shame.
For the record, my kid was ranked top 10 and I played college ball.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Admittedly, I have watched all the Pehlke YouTube videos like one slows down past a bad auto accident. Can’t resist them. Cringy doesn’t even come close to describe it! First - you have MM cursing on sideline, beefing with opposing coaches, crying over calls. Then, you have him counting down to Sept 1st and cheering when the IL rankings come out like a guy that has never even played college ball. Act like you’ve been there before Bro. Heard he handled the recruiting process like a business agent too. His poor kids. Shame.

Never misses an opportunity for self-promotion. If he was a few inches taller we probably wouldn’t have anything to talk about. Definite little man syndrome. Bet he drives a big truck.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Never misses an opportunity for self-promotion. If he was a few inches taller we probably wouldn’t have anything to talk about. Definite little man syndrome. Bet he drives a big truck.

Who has a bigger ego MM or Coach Rage

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

MM by a mile. Rage can be tolerable at times. MM gives off persistent short man syndrome. The way he’s yelled at 12 year old kids that aren’t his…can you imagine what his wife and sons have gone through

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

MM by a mile. Rage can be tolerable at times. MM gives off persistent short man syndrome. The way he’s yelled at 12 year old kids that aren’t his…can you imagine what his wife and sons have gone through

They are all taller than he is so maybe they’ll break the cycleN3SWtm

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I’ve seen them bigger, but he does drive a lil man pickup

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I picture him a Brat, fittingly.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
MM reading this and laughing all the way to the bank! No risk of losing his McMansion, rental property, new boat or Hayfields membership now that he’ll have 2 players with the same last name coaching clinics and showcases. His bank account and head just keep getting bigger.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
MM reading this and laughing all the way to the bank! No risk of losing his McMansion, rental property, new boat or Hayfields membership now that he’ll have 2 players with the same last name coaching clinics and showcases. His bank account and head just keep getting bigger.

MM talking about himself in third person just like small men do

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Unlike most people in this country, he had a well defined long term plan, and he has already forced it about 90% of the way into existence. The "at what cost" question is a solid one, as I'm sure his sons aren't and won't be close friends with dad as they age. But he made them performers, and ultimately he might make them millionaires as well.

And based upon the few people willing to associate with him, I'm 100% sure MM doesn't do "friends" anyway.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Unlike most people in this country, he had a well defined long term plan, and he has already forced it about 90% of the way into existence. The "at what cost" question is a solid one, as I'm sure his sons aren't and won't be close friends with dad as they age. But he made them performers, and ultimately he might make them millionaires as well.

And based upon the few people willing to associate with him, I'm 100% sure MM doesn't do "friends" anyway.

Millionaires!? Yes. So many lacrosse athletes that are millionaires. Professional cornhole players make more than lacrosse athletes.

Millionaires…lol

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[q

Millionaires!? Yes. So many lacrosse athletes that are millionaires. Professional cornhole players make more than lacrosse athletes.

Millionaires…lol

Try to keep up, Public School Dad. I'm hardly a Millon fan but Mark Millon's net worth is between $5M - 10M and his various entities (Millon Events, Millon Camps, 91MD, and who knows what else, with partnerships with ECD, etc) bring him in a pre-tax pay day of over $500K/year. Clearly he has well-vetted long term plans to bring his sons into the business, and in fact they'll be the center piece of his businesses in just 5 years.

And if Mark Millon passed away today, yes, his sons would be millionaires by the end of the week, without lifting a finger.

Even without this obvious head start, if you had been around enough prep school athletes, you'd know that the median prep lax player comes from an average $350K family income household, will probably attend a high-academic college (whether he plays or not), and will gravitate towards fields like finance, accounting, and sports management where, yes, by age 40-50, they will be millionaires, if just based on real estate and their 401k.

So, yes, the Millon Boys will soon be millionaires, even if your fellow Montgomery Blair HS grads detest to see it.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Thanks for the nice write up Austin!!!

Yours Truly,

Mark

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Yours Truly,

Mark

I wouldn't let my son around either one of those guys unless he was a 2023 or a 2025, but it is a basic fact of life that the guy is a millionaire.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Yours Truly,

Mark

I wouldn't let my son around either one of those guys unless he was a 2023 or a 2025, but it is a basic fact of life that the guy is a millionaire.

I think you'll find he's comfortably upper middle class. For a guy in his 50s and you've had a decent income you're going to have assets in the high six figures to low millions if you managed your assets right.

We've left Team 91. The prices were not unreasonable but the product was not delivering. They did not pressure to keep giving money. If anything we would have paid more if they could have delivered more. MM did get some partial refunds for the covid year.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[q

Millionaires…lol

Try to keep up, Public School Dad. I'm hardly a Millon fan but Mark Millon's net worth is between $5M - 10M and his various entities (Millon Events, Millon Camps, 91MD, and who knows what else, with partnerships with ECD, etc) bring him in a pre-tax pay day of over $500K/year. Clearly he has well-vetted long term plans to bring his sons into the business, and in fact they'll be the center piece of his businesses in just 5 years.

And if Mark Millon passed away today, yes, his sons would be millionaires by the end of the week, without lifting a finger.

Even without this obvious head start, if you had been around enough prep school athletes, you'd know that the median prep lax player comes from an average $350K family income household, will probably attend a high-academic college (whether he plays or not), and will gravitate towards fields like finance, accounting, and sports management where, yes, by age 40-50, they will be millionaires, if just based on real estate and their 401k.

So, yes, the Millon Boys will soon be millionaires, even if your fellow Montgomery Blair HS grads detest to see it.

Serious question: did you gag? We can smell MM on your breath.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[q

Millionaires…lol

I bet that write up got your a nice snuggle Austin.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Millon is a business man, he was an incredible player for his time, and looked out for his family first. We would all do the same thing if we were in his situation. His character is something else. With all that being said, I am am not a fan of Millon from what I have seen of his character. For those that say he is minting money off the other teams that his kids aren't on and not developing them. Well you signed up and bought the product. So enjoy the swag.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Isnt 91 owned by Brian Spallina? Did he sell/ give/ lend , whatever to MM?
No dog in any of it I just don't understand how he makes as much money as everyone claims??
Can someone show me the estimated numbers?
I just find it hard to understand that much money in lacrosse

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Millon is a business man, he was an incredible player for his time, and looked out for his family first. We would all do the same thing if we were in his situation. His character is something else. With all that being said, I am am not a fan of Millon from what I have seen of his character. For those that say he is minting money off the other teams that his kids aren't on and not developing them. Well you signed up and bought the product. So enjoy the swag.

Momma taught me to mind my own beeswax and not judge others.

Like Reply Quote
Page 31 of 33 1 2 29 30 31 32 33
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Link Copied to Clipboard