Originally Posted by Anonymous
No one gets cut at 91. That’s a fact! You may chose to leave but no one gets cut!! Mostly Dads get frustrated and leave.

Let's put this ridiculous idea to bed. If I tase someone every time they eat, and then they starve, I didn't technically starve them. They got frustrated and stopped eating! Who knows why? It's a mystery!

Starting in 4th grade, 91 will notify kids after the team fails to make Hoco playoffs, as nearly every 91 team has failed to do for years, that 1/3 of the roster is on the "practice team," and won't be doing summer tournaments with the team. They already have "too many" etc etc. On its face...weird but ok.

3-4 days later, 5-10 new kids show up on teamsnap from another team for the summer...and btw...they don't need to attend tryouts but the "practice team" does. Gotta secure your spot on next year's 91 practice team! Somehow there's 35+ kids on the summer roster and you're not even allowed to be on the sideline, despite riding with the team all year.

To say that this is "not being cut" ignores every common sense cue the club is giving the player and parent. I know Millon loves this "we never cut a player" sales pitch but he's counting on parents to take their unwanted players out voluntarily with strong cues. I'm sure some parents have recapped for a 2nd bench warmer year but why, unless we're talking about the 2022-2025 teams.

You may not like what they are selling but there is clearly a market for it. It also exists at most of the MIAA schools. Just look at the varsity rosters of 45+ kids, most of whom will never see the field. Give the consumer what they want.

Heard a Loyola dad call it Shiny Helmet Syndrome.