BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys 2030 Midatlantic
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,814
Posts387,851
Members2,608
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
Boys 2026-10th Grade Fall 2023/Summer 2024
Back of THE CAGE
OP Online Content
Back of THE CAGE
Use this thread to discuss lacrosse pertaining to 10th Grade Boys (2026 Grads) for the Fall 2023/Summer 2024 Season.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

Re: Boys 2026-10th Grade Fall 2023/Summer 2024
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Posted this in the 2025 forum. Just trying to be helpful but I’m sure the trolls will come out. I’m actually surprised there are zero posts in the 2026 forum which may be appropriate as high school club lax is really not about wins and losses by this point but more so about recruiting, play good lax and having fun.

This is long so feel free to scroll on by.

For those interested in 2025 recruiting this post is only my opinion as everyone’s experience is different. Background: 2 kids who just went through this. One got into a top 30 D1 academic school without lacrosse and is not playing lacrosse at that school. Other got into a top 40 academic school and will hopefully play MCLA. Both had a good amount of recruitment but none to their liking as academics were more of their focus.

First decide if what is more important, academics or lax. If it’s academics then high d1, high d3, high MCLA is the way to go. If it’s lax, you have plenty of choices with the rest of d1, all if d2 and low-mid d3 and a plethora of MCLA. If your interest is:

High D1 (top 20): it’s never too late but times running short. Coaches always keep 1-2 spots open but your chances of getting in are low. The name of the game is connections: if you aren’t from a top lax High School (or less important a top Lax Club) your chances are low. If you look at the rosters of these colleges, almost all of them have come from a powerhouse High School. Since all these schools are also excellent academic schools, you have to have the grades. Don’t think that lax will make exceptions for you. You have to be an exceptional player to be that’s exception and they have already made their commitments. Otherwise, your grades have to be in the ballpark.

Mid D1 - not too late but now is your go time. Good news, with the exception of Dartmouth and Colgate, the academics needed to get in are not as rigorous

Low D1 - academics are usually not a concern. My kids were still getting interest through March of their SENIOR year

D2 - really not on par academically but some great lax programs. I believe they are are able to reach out to you starting June 15 after your sophomore year.

Really High d3 (NESCAC, Swarthmore, washLee [am I missing any others]) - again, academics are a necessity to get in. They used to start making offers June/July after your JUNIOR a year but NESCAC pushed their back to august, presumedly while awaiting the Supreme Court decision. Don’t know what will be this year

Slightly less high d3 (centennial, chris Newport, Salisbury , colorado college, liberty, MAC, ODAC) - some are better schools but there is some great lax programs where academics are not as competitive

Mid-low d3 - tough to be these schools recruiting. Spots are always open. You may have gotten letters accepting you without even talking to you. It lax is your focus and academics not so much? Then you can always find a spot here

MCLA - 3 divisions with D1 being the best (they have tryouts for some as the rosters have kids from great lax high schools). Such a good under appreciated option for those kids where academics are important. How much more fun would it be to play against Clemson, BC, Stanford, Northeastern, VaTech, Florida, BYU, USC, UCLA, Texas, GaTech, The down side is you ain’t playing on national TV and you have to pay your own way. But on the flip side, A LOT less practice. D2 and d3 more like true club but they do travel.

A couple other points:

Don’t despair by the amount of social media commitments since Sep 1. My kids were getting recruited up to the day they set foot on campus. It’s obviously not too late to get recruited. With 80 D1, 75 D2, 250 D3 programs there is a spot if lacrosse is your main priority.

Most lax players seem to go into finance. But if you are STEM focused, don’t tell them you are STEM focused. A lot of schools don’t want someone tied up in labs and missing practices.

Be wary of prospect days. Many are done just to supplement income for coaches. You will get a ton of invites. How to distinguish? If they mention something in their letter that your kid did specifically (not the rando “we saw you at ‘x’ tourney and were ‘really impressed’) or if they contacted your coach who recommended you to go. That being said if your kid really wants to go then by all means, they should go.

Don’t count on a full scholarship. As one coach said they would rather split the scholarship money amongst 12 recruits rather than give someone a full ride.

Enjoy the process but don’t make a lax commitment and sacrifice academics. I’ve seen too many kids go to a “lesser” school just to commit. College lax is just four more years. College itself is a lifetime decision.

Again, just an opinion and trying to be helpful and not anecdotal because there are always exceptions. Everyone has different priorities. Please post if there are any gross errors. I’m sure I missed a lot so please add on because I wish we had better guidance when we went through it. Good luck to everyone.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Good assessment. One glaring mistake though. You said Colorado College and Salisbury are both mid academic. Colorado College is very high academic (14% acceptance rate) and Salisbury is very low academic (87% acceptance rate).

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Good assessment. One glaring mistake though. You said Colorado College and Salisbury are both mid academic. Colorado College is very high academic (14% acceptance rate) and Salisbury is very low academic (87% acceptance rate).

Totally agree on your assessment. My bad that I wasn’t more clear. I was citing the combined strength of academics + lax together. I hesitated even putting Salisbury in that group at all but given the strength of their lax, it vaults them up but from a pure academic standpoint, the tie aren’t even close.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Express over 91 in Florida

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

At this point does anyone care ? It’s all about getting recruited now. I don’t think any of these kids are worried about winning a t-shirt

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
This person is clearly an [Censored], wins and loses no longer matter. Teams are both relevant and college coaches are watching both with the same intensity.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

At this point does anyone care ? It’s all about getting recruited now. I don’t think any of these kids are worried about winning a t-shirt

Agree, but when it’s bracket play, everyone wants to win.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
How many full teams really showed up to this? Give me a break.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

1. It doesn't matter as much any more - just need to be on a top team so college coaches want to watch your game.
2. When has 91 ever beat LIE in this age group? LIE only lost to Team Ten this year and only had 1 loss all of last year.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Sweetlax won the NLF last time i checked and Laxacusetts beat Express easily in semis ..has Express ever won the NLF ?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Sweetlax won the NLF last time i checked and Laxacusetts beat Express easily in semis ..has Express ever won the NLF ?

As stated above...one loss last year and it was to Laxachusetts. Year before that lost to Tigers in finals. Year before that won it. If you are going to say LIE is not one of the top 2 teams solely based on not winning the NLF summer championship..then yes they are not a good team but record and other championships say otherwise. However the conversation was started over LIE beating 91 this past weekend. 91 has never beat LIE.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

1. It doesn't matter as much any more - just need to be on a top team so college coaches want to watch your game.
2. When has 91 ever beat LIE in this age group? LIE only lost to Team Ten this year and only had 1 loss all of last year.

Not actually necessarily true. College coaches aren’t traveling just to see good games and championship games. They are actually traveling to see the kids in their list so it happens regardless of whether or not they are on a good or bad team.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Not actually necessarily true. College coaches aren’t traveling just to see good games and championship games. They are actually traveling to see the kids in their list so it happens regardless of whether or not they are on a good or bad team.

True but that means the athlete did work ahead of time to get on the list. If your athlete didn't do anything ahead of time and you are in the consolation bracket they most likely are not going to watch your game. They are going to be watching the winner's bracket. Recruiting is a whole process that some don't even know about it. You can't just sit back expect coaches to show up.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
100% one of the top two teams based on wins ! LIE is a very good team with an incredible FOGO . Having played LIE many times i would say they have 4/5 Div 1 offensive Athletes surrounded by an average defensive unit , and the best FOGO in the grade!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
100% one of the top two teams based on wins ! LIE is a very good team with an incredible FOGO . Having played LIE many times i would say they have 4/5 Div 1 offensive Athletes surrounded by an average defensive unit , and the best FOGO in the grade!

Thanks FOGO dad

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
That’s why they are discussing taking the FOGO out of the game , should be the best “ team “ that wins not the best FOGO ..if you want t on grow the sport stop allowing this one position to determine the winner of these tournaments, look at the the IMLCA this past weekend for a perfect example

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Do some of those kids play on the Redwoods?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

you must live under a rock

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I might live under a rock , will continue this conversation after Sep 1 of next year ..will see who is correct ! Not counting the student reclass LSM fyi …

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

you must live under a rock

I wouldn't have said it that way, but yes if you are the #1 team right now at 2026 you most likely have 13 D1 kids. Might not all get offers on 9/1 but the starters will all go D1 plus some others.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
How old is the LSM

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I might live under a rock , will continue this conversation after Sep 1 of next year ..will see who is correct ! Not counting the student reclass LSM fyi …

why?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Soooory to ruin the,,but 2026 class is weak to average.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Best players in the class are holdbacks ! It’s sad that’s the best way to make yourself relevant is tell your kid let’s play with the younger kids ? That logic is insane to me , and undoubtedly done by parents that care more about being the best as opposed to competing and challenging yourself to get better!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
That’s why they are discussing taking the FOGO out of the game , should be the best “ team “ that wins not the best FOGO ..if you want t on grow the sport stop allowing this one position to determine the winner of these tournaments, look at the the IMLCA this past weekend for a perfect example

What are you talking about? If they win the face off, stop them from scoring. If your defensive unit is incapable of stopping an offensive series, you are not the "best team." The problem is crappy defense not dominating FOGO.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Soooory to ruin the,,but 2026 class is weak to average.

Clearly you don't know the 2026 class...

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I have to agree with getting rid of the FOGO. Often times might as well just have the teams sit it out and determine the winner by having the two face off play a best of series. I get your logic of the defense needs to get the ball back however if you look at basketball they don’t play winners ball because generally speaking the defense is at a disadvantage in a scoring sport.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

What are you talking about? If they win the face off, stop them from scoring. If your defensive unit is incapable of stopping an offensive series, you are not the "best team." The problem is crappy defense not dominating FOGO.

I agree that the FOGO has too much influence on the game for such a specialized skill. One way to look at it is to count offensive possessions for each team and compute their offensive efficiency (goals per possession). Keep in mind the offensive efficiency is impacted by the other teams defense so how good each teams offense and defense units is factored in. If Team A has an OE of 35% and Team B has an OE of 25% then most would consider Team A superior to team B.

When you give Team B a FOGO who is going 16 for 20 then there are 12 more possessions for that team which would be 4 more goals in this case. It may even be more when you consider a dominant FOGO is also generating fast-breaks. To me that advantage is too big for a specialized skill. I would like to see more 6 man scrums on the FO to have more of the team impact the result.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Face offs will not be changed. Was a discussion between coaches.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Best players in the class are holdbacks ! It’s sad that’s the best way to make yourself relevant is tell your kid let’s play with the younger kids ? That logic is insane to me , and undoubtedly done by parents that care more about being the best as opposed to competing and challenging yourself to get better!

You should bail out of lacrosse now, because holdbacks and private school kids dominate the rosters of every major program. The crumbs are left for public school kids who are on age. It’s an unfortunate fact that will never change.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What showcases are good that are not invite only? My kid is looking lower level D1 and down. Thanks

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

You should bail out of lacrosse now, because holdbacks and private school kids dominate the rosters of every major program. The crumbs are left for public school kids who are on age. It’s an unfortunate fact that will never change.

HAAAA. Clown that is so narrow minded. When you look in the mirror you see and flabby spoon chested pencil neck body that wishes he was even reasonably at lacrosse. Go fall off mount Everest.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What showcases are good that are not invite only? My kid is looking lower level D1 and down. Thanks

Laxmasters has some good patriot league camps but they are expensive. I think ML8 does a good job as well. Mylacrossetournaments seems more geared to LI. Not a huge apex fan as the numbers are enormous and usually you get a lower level assistant coaching you. Prep showcase at Brunswick is good and you don’t have to be a prep school kid. NXt is Ok but I feel the quality has gone down a little but.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

We are in the same boat. We are spending our money on Prospect Days instead of Showcases. Although I have heard the Lacrosse Masters High Academic is a good one to do. Lots of positive feedback from that one. Good luck to your son!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

HAAAA. Clown that is so narrow minded. When you look in the mirror you see and flabby spoon chested pencil neck body that wishes he was even reasonably at lacrosse. Go fall off mount Everest.

I’m not even sure I understand what your point is but whatever. There is literal proof on every D-1 roster. So keep believing your silliness, you sound amazingly intelligent. What exactly does “wishes he was even reasonably at lacrosse” mean? Guessing college never happened for you.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

We are in the same boat. We are spending our money on Prospect Days instead of Showcases. Although I have heard the Lacrosse Masters High Academic is a good one to do. Lots of positive feedback from that one. Good luck to your son!

The laxmasters high academic is indeed very good but not for the person looking for lower level D1. Too expensive and the schools are not a match unless they do the patriot league laxmasters. Prospect days are hit or miss. Many are money grabs to supplement assistant coaches salaries. If you’ve been invited or told to go to one by your coach it may be worth it. But if you just show up you may not get anything out of it if you aren’t on the “colleges list” I.e. don’t count on getting “discovered”. But regardless, I think your chances are still better than a showcase with 150 kids per grade and 50% field time. Good luck!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What a lesson to teach our young generation , if you can’t play with , excel with or dominate at your own age group go play with the younger kids ? Lol ..my dad made me play with the older kids , and when mommy and daddy weren’t around later in life to “ reclass “ me or clear an easy path to success, like the real world i was able to overcome and figure things out . Sad lesson we are allowing to dominate such a great sport ..society in a nutshell make it easier

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
It’s ironic that the best club teams have the most holdbacks
Well that’s not fair that team is a “National Team “ well your team has 8 holdbacks , kids that should be playing a year sometimes 2 years up ..that’s fair Just so confused , this should be a simple conversation, soccer even got it right !
Let’s look ..top 5 2026 teams..no order so relax

Laxacusetts
Team 91
Express
Team 10
Sweetlax

There are a minimum of 5 kids on each some have 10 that are playing Down .you don’t think the D1 coaches know this ..embarrassing .

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
It’s ironic that the best club teams have the most holdbacks
Well that’s not fair that team is a “National Team “ well your team has 8 holdbacks , kids that should be playing a year sometimes 2 years up ..that’s fair Just so confused , this should be a simple conversation, soccer even got it right !
Let’s look ..top 5 2026 teams..no order so relax

Laxacusetts
Team 91
Express
Team 10
Sweetlax

There are a minimum of 5 kids on each some have 10 that are playing Down .you don’t think the D1 coaches know this ..embarrassing .

Coaches absolutely know it and prefer it. I can’t believe we’re still talking about holdbacks for 10th graders. And no my kid is not a holdback but he is on varsity playing against and with older kids.

Like Reply Quote
Page 1 of 2 1 2
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Link Copied to Clipboard