Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
That’s why they are discussing taking the FOGO out of the game , should be the best “ team “ that wins not the best FOGO ..if you want t on grow the sport stop allowing this one position to determine the winner of these tournaments, look at the the IMLCA this past weekend for a perfect example

What are you talking about? If they win the face off, stop them from scoring. If your defensive unit is incapable of stopping an offensive series, you are not the "best team." The problem is crappy defense not dominating FOGO.

I agree that the FOGO has too much influence on the game for such a specialized skill. One way to look at it is to count offensive possessions for each team and compute their offensive efficiency (goals per possession). Keep in mind the offensive efficiency is impacted by the other teams defense so how good each teams offense and defense units is factored in. If Team A has an OE of 35% and Team B has an OE of 25% then most would consider Team A superior to team B.

When you give Team B a FOGO who is going 16 for 20 then there are 12 more possessions for that team which would be 4 more goals in this case. It may even be more when you consider a dominant FOGO is also generating fast-breaks. To me that advantage is too big for a specialized skill. I would like to see more 6 man scrums on the FO to have more of the team impact the result.