BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
Boys High School Lax
by Anonymous -
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,821
Posts388,566
Members2,610
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 105 of 112 1 2 103 104 105 106 107 111 112
Re: Girls 2027 Grads - Mid Atlantic Region
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Why is the 27 AS Level getting attacked. They were the only MD Team to make the final. If every other age group is loaded, why didn’t they get to the final?

Because every other age group was not loaded. None of the AS teams were a reflection of best talent in MD at any year so it's odd anyone is using them as a point of comparison.

+1

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Why is the 27 AS Level getting attacked. They were the only MD Team to make the final. If every other age group is loaded, why didn’t they get to the final?

Because every other age group was not loaded. None of the AS teams were a reflection of best talent in MD at any year so it's odd anyone is using them as a point of comparison.

+1
+2

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
So bc the MD team wasn’t close to the t
Word is out on AS in MD. This year's mess since day 1 has doomed it.

Poor organization, poor selections, poor coaching. Parents finally figured out it's a money grab.

This is funny…maybe put in an equal setting the Maryland players aren’t as good as in some other states.

Basically, Maryland overall was not as good as compared to other states. Period.

I think this is the only unassailable takeaway. But this doesn't mean we don't have as good players etc... it just means our team wasn't as good compared to other states-- for whatever reason.

As far as 27s, I think their formative (turn the corner) years were smack in the middle of the pandemic. Kids on either side have either had a chance to recover (younger (build skills)) or were already in the mode of self development (older). I don't doubt 27s can catch up by end of sophomore year, but I know they are a hint off pace right now.
Smooches

Maybe MD has the best players, maybe we don't.

But using American Select to determine this is absurd since a majority of tens both MD teams played had a majority of girls form one club.

MD Red
Long Island A -- 16 girls from one team
DC -- 11 girls from Capital (though to be fair they never really played together0
Penn -- 9 girls from one team
Downstate -- 14 girls from one team
NJ B -- 11 girls from one team
Long Island A -- 16 girls from one team

MD Yellow
Long Island B -- 14 girls from one team
NJ B -- 11 girls from one team
NC -- 10 girls from one club
Midwest -- 12 girls from one team
Mass -- 8 girls from one team; 7 girls from another

I'm going to steal another poster's "+1"

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The parents of the top talent let their daughters rest, take them on vacation instead of dropping over a $1000 for AS. #[Censored]

Bingo. I honestly believe these showcases are great for the bubble kids to be seen.

I'd put it another way. Great for players who don't play on a top 40 club to be seen. At one point during AS, there were as many coaches if not more watching that Pac NW 25s as they were watching the Maryland Red 25s.

Don't think anyone believes there is more talented on the PacNW team, but likely the same coaches hadn't watched those girls 4 times already this summer.

I think 3 girls on MD Red 27 aren't on a top 40 team, most were on top-10.

I'm looking at the 2021 AS rosters, MD 2024 was loaded with top- players.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
where did the new M&D girl come from?

She’s from California. Hearing she’s the top player in the country at her age group. Flying in for games. Her parents wanted her to play on the #1 club team in the U.S.

If it's #16 from Alliance, then M&D just got a lot better. Thought she was easily the best player at Mid-Atlantic. And she is an even better passer than shooter, so she won't create an alpha dog problem.

Nope not going to M&D

But is 100% joining a Md team.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
where did the new M&D girl come from?

She’s from California. Hearing she’s the top player in the country at her age group. Flying in for games. Her parents wanted her to play on the #1 club team in the U.S.

If it's #16 from Alliance, then M&D just got a lot better. Thought she was easily the best player at Mid-Atlantic. And she is an even better passer than shooter, so she won't create an alpha dog problem.

Nope not going to M&D

Hero's. Can't imagine her joining any other MD team. But Heros doesn't have a reputation for bringing in out of state kids like M&D.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]where did the new M&D girl come from?

Nope not going to M&D[/quote

Hero's. Can't imagine her joining any other MD team. But Heros doesn't have a reputation for bringing in out of state kids like M&D.
Looks as if NEMS is in dire need…supplemental tryout #2 scheduled for 24 September!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Looks as if NEMS is in dire need…supplemental tryout #2 scheduled for 24 September!

Well... half of last year's team, at least, is now on SW Blue or White so I'm sure they have quite a few openings.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Well... half of last year's team, at least, is now on SW Blue or White so I'm sure they have quite a few openings.

SWB has 2, Coppermine has 1. Not sure where the rest went.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

at least one went to SW White

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Shame. They had talent. 3 great players go to M&D 2 years ago. Now a couple more leave. If they would have stayed together, they would have been a top 15 team nationally.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

at least one went to SW White

I think 1 to Blue and 5 or 6 to White.

Both teams should be good to very good moving forward

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I stand corrected. SWB got 1 from NEMS, 2 from BLC, 2 from CCLax, one from M&D, one from Integrity.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I stand corrected. SWB got 1 from NEMS, 2 from BLC, 2 from CCLax, one from M&D, one from Integrity.

2 from NEMS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
SW 27 will make little to no traction against good and marginal teams. The club is generally in decline and past their prime.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
SW 27 will make little to no traction against good and marginal teams. The club is generally in decline and past their prime.
You clearly know nothing.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Literally the worst take possible. SW 27 has made significant improvements over the past 2 years, just look at their ranking and their performance against the top teams and other good teams. Much more competitive heading into HS than where they were heading into 6th and 7th grade. Will they pass the top 3-5? Probably not, but they are acquitting themselves well in most events now and will continue to improve based on their history and trends so far. Definitely has made traction against better teams. And no, not a SW parent, before you start your whining and trolling.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

SW 27 got better, I don't think there is any denying that. I think they are in that MDU, Coppermine tier group. At worst, they are the 5th best team in MD.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

SW 27 got better, I don't think there is any denying that. I think they are in that MDU, Coppermine tier group. At worst, they are the 5th best team in MD.

Will they be more talented next year? Without a doubt.

However, last year, they dramatically underacheived against its talent level. I'd argue they were more talented than Coppermine last year.

For them to make a jump to the MDU/Coppermine level, then they need to play more team lax and this really comes down to coaching

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
SW and CM and also-rans.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
However, last year, they dramatically underacheived against its talent level. I'd argue they were more talented than Coppermine last year.

For them to make a jump to the MDU/Coppermine level, then they need to play more team lax and this really comes down to coaching[/quote]

Curious how you justify this? Just based on results alone I don’t see it. Now having watched all three teams and playing all three teams I would say they are pretty even with a slight edge to MDU, then Coppermine and SW. All three have some talented players but can’t agree with SW being more talented. Curious to see who moves but to 3rd with BLC now.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Shame. They had talent. 3 great players go to M&D 2 years ago. Now a couple more leave. If they would have stayed together, they would have been a top 15 team nationally.
Never would have happened. The head coach was a doofus.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

With the talent they've lost the last 2 years, a blind person could have kept them top 15 if they stayed together

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

For them to make a jump to the MDU/Coppermine level, then they need to play more team lax and this really comes down to coaching

Curious how you justify this? Just based on results alone I don’t see it. Now having watched all three teams and playing all three teams I would say they are pretty even with a slight edge to MDU, then Coppermine and SW. All three have some talented players but can’t agree with SW being more talented. Curious to see who moves but to 3rd with BLC now.[/quote]

Capital gets the benefit of the doubt for 3rd. Unless they dramatically fall off from BLC. Losing the top offensive player to M&D and top defender to Heros hurts. But still a lot of talent. MDU is 4th. Coppermine sits at 5 for now. SWB at 6.

Let's check back in November to see how 3-6 shake out. Top 2 different category.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

A couple more left??? At least 10 left. Thats as bad as it gets for a Maryland Lacrosse club. The coaching and team morale could not have been worse.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Curious how you justify this? Just based on results alone I don’t see it. Now having watched all three teams and playing all three teams I would say they are pretty even with a slight edge to MDU, then Coppermine and SW. All three have some talented players but can’t agree with SW being more talented. Curious to see who moves but to 3rd with BLC now.

Capital gets the benefit of the doubt for 3rd. Unless they dramatically fall off from BLC. Losing the top offensive player to M&D and top defender to Heros hurts. But still a lot of talent. MDU is 4th. Coppermine sits at 5 for now. SWB at 6.

Let's check back in November to see how 3-6 shake out. Top 2 different category.[/quote]

SW is going to be a much different team with the players they added. Not sure they are on same level as MDU or Coppermine though. Coppermine lacks true stars but they play well together and don't give up, they won't let you blow them out, they keep on coming.

It remains to be seen how SW new players gel, there's a few scorers who are used to being the top option on their old club.

I wasn't including Capital since they are DC with a lot of North VA kids on that team, but if included, I'd put them slightly above MDU, for third.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Let's check back in November to see how 3-6 shake out. Top 2 different category.[/quote]

On paper SW is 4th at worst. That being said, they were more talented than Coppermine and as talented as MDU this summer. They just didn't play as a team, especially in settled play.

They will be more talented for sure this year, but unless they start playing as a team, they won't be a top 15 team nationally.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
"as talented as MDU this summer"

MDU was #10, SW #28. you telling me coaching was the discrepancy here and their talent on the field was the same?

Curious to what would support this? I do agree SW got stronger this summer, but that supports the idea that a lot of players on SW are going to be former starters now.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

A couple more left??? At least 10 left. Thats as bad as it gets for a Maryland Lacrosse club. The coaching and team morale could not have been worse.

A small club like NEMS with its limited resources and without a strong recruiting director was never going to keep its best kids. Same reason clubs like Renegades, CCLax, Integrity, etc lose kids. Nothing against the clubs themselves, but by 7th/8th grade talented kids who want to play in college go to places with recruiting track records.

As competition for D1 lax spots intensifies, I would expect to be even more consolidation to top programs.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

A small club like NEMS with its limited resources and without a strong recruiting director was never going to keep its best kids. Same reason clubs like Renegades, CCLax, Integrity, etc lose kids. Nothing against the clubs themselves, but by 7th/8th grade talented kids who want to play in college go to places with recruiting track records.

As competition for D1 lax spots intensifies, I would expect to be even more consolidation to top programs.
I agree. SW will be gone in 3 years. Mark it down.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
As competition for D1 lax spots intensifies, I would expect to be even more consolidation to top programs.[/quote]I agree. SW will be gone in 3 years. Mark it down.[/quote]

This is ridiculous. SKywalkers 27's and 28's had over 100 girls at each age group at tryouts. They're not going anywhere

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I agree. SW will be gone in 3 years. Mark it down.[/quote]

This is ridiculous. SKywalkers 27's and 28's had over 100 girls at each age group at tryouts. They're not going anywhere[/quote]

And 80% of those girls shouldn't be playing high level club lacrosse. SW motto....quantity before quality.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

No offense, but you really don't have a clue what you are talking about. I bet your 2027 is your oldest kid.

Integrity has a pretty solid track record of putting kids into good D1 programs, Florida, Duke, Penn St, Maryland most recently.

CCLax might be the oldest club in the state, predates M&D and Hero's. Their owner has been around forever. Their mistake was not buying into the club scene earlier and trying to keep spring for Rec and summer for club. They also was one of the last to have club for middle school and older.
Other clubs like Integrity and MD United kinda blew past them for this reason.

Consolidation doesn't really happen because for every kid that takes the place of a HG or M&D kid in 8th 9th grade, there's a kid looking for another club to join.

In fact, there's more clubs today than 5 years ago. There's money to be made.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

This is ridiculous. SKywalkers 27's and 28's had over 100 girls at each age group at tryouts. They're not going anywhere[/quote]

And 80% of those girls shouldn't be playing high level club lacrosse. SW motto....quantity before quality.[/quote]
I agree. SW will be gone in 3 years. Mark it down.[/quote]

This is ridiculous. SKywalkers 27's and 28's had over 100 girls at each age group at tryouts. They're not going anywhere[/quote]The may be around in name only after that, and probably be sold to a large club like STEPS or an organization like True. The owners would be smart to sell soon before the full brunt of the Coppermine wave hits them.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

And 80% of those girls shouldn't be playing high level club lacrosse. SW motto....quantity before quality.[/quote]

Says the parent of a club who has teams in the north, west, and central MD. Most of those girls can barely catch a ball. Coppermine has one great team, and 2 good teams, and all of the sudden they are the second coming.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

This is ridiculous. SKywalkers 27's and 28's had over 100 girls at each age group at tryouts. They're not going anywhere

Says the parent of a club who has teams in the north, west, and central MD. Most of those girls can barely catch a ball. Coppermine has one great team, and 2 good teams, and all of the sudden they are the second coming.[/quote]

Ha right, I love the above post "before the full brunt of the Coppermine wave hits them." You mean a club with no recruiting history to speak of and mostly average teams? And one of the "good" teams you mentioned, 2029s, lost several of their best players to Heros this year. Fact of the matter is, there's room for both clubs to be good. But Coppermine thinks they need to tear Skywalkers down in order to attract and retain the talent that has historically gone to Skywalkers, so they try to keep up the narrative that Skwalkers is dying out.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Coppermine isn't in the same league with Hero's, Bethesda or M&D.

Coppermine is a Low A or High B program. Whether they admit it or not

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Coppermine isn't in the same league with Hero's, Bethesda or M&D.

Coppermine is a Low A or High B program. Whether they admit it or not

Are you talking "program" or "team" because BLC doesn't have High School so they are irrelevant to the conversation.

Coppermine as a program is relatively new to the scene, correct? Maybe someone can confirm that. Not sure how you define a High A club vs Low B Club, but at this moment, I think its safe to call Coppermine a Top-5 club in the state of Maryland.

I'd rank them by club (not 2027 team):

1) M&D
2) Hero's
3) Skywalkers
4) MD United
5) Coppermine

This would be based on how the 2023-2032s do as well as their recruiting success in recent history

2030s are now in middle school and will get ranked in November, that will hurt Skywalkers but they still are going to get nice commits from their 2025s and 2026s. That's more important than the middle and elementary school ages.

USLacrosse is ranking the top programs right now 1-50, that will be interesting. Of the 6 grad years ranked (2024-2029), they take the four highest for that program and avg it out to determine ranking. That is going to help SW, MDU and Coppermine as all have outlier low ranked teams.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

No offense, but you really don't have a clue what you are talking about. I bet your 2027 is your oldest kid.

Integrity has a pretty solid track record of putting kids into good D1 programs, Florida, Duke, Penn St, Maryland most recently.

CCLax might be the oldest club in the state, predates M&D and Hero's. Their owner has been around forever. Their mistake was not buying into the club scene earlier and trying to keep spring for Rec and summer for club. They also was one of the last to have club for middle school and older.

Consolidation doesn't really happen because for every kid that takes the place of a HG or M&D kid in 8th 9th grade, there's a kid looking for another club to join.

5 years ago, you would see lots of girls going to top 20 schools from B and C level MD clubs. Not true today.

How many 2025s from Integrity, CCLax, Renegades combined will go to top 25 schools? Not nearly as many a five years ago.

The number of clubs will continue to increase since there are $$ to be made, but top talent will pretty much only reside at top 5 or 6 clubs.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

5 years ago, you would see lots of girls going to top 20 schools from B and C level MD clubs. Not true today.

How many 2025s from Integrity, CCLax, Renegades combined will go to top 25 schools? Not nearly as many a five years ago.

The number of clubs will continue to increase since there are $$ to be made, but top talent will pretty much only reside at top 5 or 6 clubs.

Yeah, I'm not entirely sure about that, and Im not sure what you call a B club vs C club.

Top players always tend to go to the top clubs, I don't think that changes. I agree, the non hot bed areas and growing in talent and they are getting recruited more than ever.

The Integrity CCLax, Renegades, they vary from one grad year to the next. They are not consistent.

Page 105 of 112 1 2 103 104 105 106 107 111 112

Link Copied to Clipboard