BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Girls High School Lax
by Anonymous -
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,817
Posts388,329
Members2,610
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 4 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
Re: NLF Rankings VS Inside Lacrosse
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What happened to the Texas nationals....mad dog nationals, red hots, advnc ndp? All got blocked out too? Funny that you could still pretend that NLF is a big deal . You can look at the lineup and already see who will be playing in the winners brackets .....eclipse ,91, express, crabs ,kings and west coast strz...maybe lax black . The rest should just stay home

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
I think those stats prove a point... but not the point you are making. I'd say those NLF tourneys are loaded with the top clubs. A few don't make it, but by and large the big boys are there.

And the exclusivity isn't about NLF teams being scared. That is just ridiculous. They built the brand. They can do what they want to maintain that brand. Plus we all know that every single player on one of these excluded teams would jump ship in a heartbeat to play with their local NLF team.

Correct. And they are. Will see a lot of new kids on the NLF teams this weekend, never to return again..... This is why you see the person referenced above in a funny freakout.

Yes... Fair point. The B team freak out is hilarious. Keep it up pal. Clearly you don't get it.

I don't think yot get it ....the point trying to be made is " why are they keeping top teams out from other clubs and allowing their lowly B teams in ?" Let's see this weekend after first day of games ....check out and see the records of lax yellow, true blue , among other B teams . True blue is a non competitive low B team and is allowed in. So you can't have it both ways and call it a "top club tournament" and say people are jealous that theyre not allowed in it when it's a known fact that certain directors are blocking some top teams out while allowing their B teams in . Stop calling it the summers biggest tournament blah blah blah its watered down at this point .

You sound very upset. Maybe go for a walk. If you keep talking to yourself on the walk, call your doctor. Or if your son still talks to you try him out at the same NLF team again. Maybe the other one down the road if you need a change. Maybe this is the year. Tryouts are just around the corner. Life is short. The glass is half full. You can do it. Just do it!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I think those stats prove a point... but not the point you are making. I'd say those NLF tourneys are loaded with the top clubs. A few don't make it, but by and large the big boys are there.

And the exclusivity isn't about NLF teams being scared. That is just ridiculous. They built the brand. They can do what they want to maintain that brand. Plus we all know that every single player on one of these excluded teams would jump ship in a heartbeat to play with their local NLF team.

Correct. And they are. Will see a lot of new kids on the NLF teams this weekend, never to return again..... This is why you see the person referenced above in a funny freakout.

Yes... Fair point. The B team freak out is hilarious. Keep it up pal. Clearly you don't get it.

I don't think yot get it ....the point trying to be made is " why are they keeping top teams out from other clubs and allowing their lowly B teams in ?" Let's see this weekend after first day of games ....check out and see the records of lax yellow, true blue , among other B teams . True blue is a non competitive low B team and is allowed in. So you can't have it both ways and call it a "top club tournament" and say people are jealous that theyre not allowed in it when it's a known fact that certain directors are blocking some top teams out while allowing their B teams in . Stop calling it the summers biggest tournament blah blah blah its watered down at this point .

Ultimately it doesn't matter what you (or I) think. What do the scouts think? are the scouts gonna be lining the sidelines? I'm willing to bet the scouts don't think it's watered down and will be there with their cute little chairs and clipboards taking notes on kids that aren't your son. Tryouts are right around the corner. Time to get some work in and get on one of these NLF teams baby!

Again, how man kids from Lax yellow get recruited. I bet a bunch. In new england, it pays be in their organization. when your "b" team is top 20 it doesn't really feel like a b team.

Again it's not about winning the tournament and being crowned the "National Champion". 95% of the people there couldn't care less about that accolade. They aren't there to win the whole thing. They are there to get eyes on them. What don't you understand?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Ultimately it doesn't matter what you (or I) think. What do the scouts think? are the scouts gonna be lining the sidelines? I'm willing to bet the scouts don't think it's watered down and will be there with their cute little chairs and clipboards taking notes on kids that aren't your son. Tryouts are right around the corner. Time to get some work in and get on one of these NLF teams baby!

Again, how man kids from Lax yellow get recruited. I bet a bunch. In new england, it pays be in their organization. when your "b" team is top 20 it doesn't really feel like a b team.

Again it's not about winning the tournament and being crowned the "National Champion". 95% of the people there couldn't care less about that accolade. They aren't there to win the whole thing. They are there to get eyes on them. What don't you understand?

Top 20? Lol.....that team loses by two touchdowns at most tournaments...double diiall the time . Not a top 20 team ...what r u smoking ?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What happened to the Texas nationals? Also got kicked out ?

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Lunatics. It’s not about winning this year. It’s about getting your son looks and on the radar by college coaches. Those coaches could care less what team wins or loses. The constant bickering about who plays what tourney is ridiculous NLF Etc. just enjoy the recruiting process. If your son is a good player. They will find him.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Lunatics. It’s not about winning this year. It’s about getting your son looks and on the radar by college coaches. Those coaches could care less what team wins or loses. The constant bickering about who plays what tourney is ridiculous NLF Etc. just enjoy the recruiting process. If your son is a good player. They will find him.

Yes, but if you’re playing in the wrong tourney and getting rinsed, then hard to get looks when getting beat badly

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
True. Coaches aren’t necessarily watching scores but if your son’s team is in the best tournaments and playing deeply into the championship bracket, that equates to more views which is definitely what your son wants.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You can views at a prospect day. Showcase or even a high school lacrosse season being on the best team isn’t only way to get on radar. Does it help sure. But not only way ..

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
350 college coaches at NLF this past weekend. A must attend if serious about lacrosse.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
350 college coaches at NLF this past weekend. A must attend if serious about lacrosse.

I’m not serious about lacrosse and even I was there.
Tryout for your local NLF team and get a front row seat to greatness

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Not sure why everyone bashes NLF. Generally you going to play good teams if you are in the higher bracket. Hard pressed to find many other tournaments that have such a high concentration of top ranked teams (maybe Naptown and CrabFeast?). Coaches are clearly going. Yale Coach said at another event that even he goes to NLF. So for those bashing NLF, you can always stay at home.

That being said, I am generally not a big fan of club lacrosse and for those of you that are frustrated you can always drop club and spend your time and money going to a prospect days and showcases instead. But all in all I feel like the NLF is one of the better tournaments.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Not sure why everyone bashes NLF. Generally you going to play good teams if you are in the higher bracket. Hard pressed to find many other tournaments that have such a high concentration of top ranked teams (maybe Naptown and CrabFeast?). Coaches are clearly going. Yale Coach said at another event that even he goes to NLF. So for those bashing NLF, you can always stay at home.

That being said, I am generally not a big fan of club lacrosse and for those of you that are frustrated you can always drop club and spend your time and money going to a prospect days and showcases instead. But all in all I feel like the NLF is one of the better tournaments.

As advertised by far the most colleges there of any event. More than double the combined next two.Combined with NLF Opener there is little need for any other summer tournaments. Making a huge mistake if not part of these two.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

As advertised by far the most colleges there of any event. More than double the combined next two.Combined with NLF Opener there is little need for any other summer tournaments. Making a huge mistake if not part of these two.

The product on the fields is hands down the best that being said, the media company, rankings provider and showcase organizer also works for two NLF clubs. there is no Accountability

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
When does IL drop their list? The comparison will be interesting. It’s more for bragging rights it seems for the top clubs because whether it’s IL, NLF or Lax Magazine, most, if not all, of those players are going to be recruited by Christmas.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
who runs lacrosse magazine

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
how about 4 kids missing from top 10

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
who runs lacrosse magazine
a bunch of clowns.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Who or what is behind lacrossemagazine.com? They appear to be ranking players, and then these get posted on social media. I'm curious as to how they determine these. As best I can tell, the girl player rankings look to be largely based upon who plays and stands out at either UA or AS.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Who or what is behind lacrossemagazine.com? They appear to be ranking players, and then these get posted on social media. I'm curious as to how they determine these. As best I can tell, the girl player rankings look to be largely based upon who plays and stands out at either UA or AS.
They dont watch anything. You have to fill out a form and market yourself to some flunky who then sits down and ranks them. It is a highlight reel ranking done in a basement. Forget the rankings, did you even know there is a lacrossemagazine.com I think my kid has more followers.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
They dont watch anything. You have to fill out a form and market yourself to some flunky who then sits down and ranks them. It is a highlight reel ranking done in a basement. Forget the rankings, did you even know there is a lacrossemagazine.com I think my kid has more followers.

Agreed ....but NLF has become a joke.to . anything run by chandick is a complete joke . He ranks all 91 coaches players high . Even his one percent showcases are laughable. They're a 91 love fest

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
When does IL drop their list? The comparison will be interesting. It’s more for bragging rights it seems for the top clubs because whether it’s IL, NLF or Lax Magazine, most, if not all, of those players are going to be recruited by Christmas.

Speaking for the 2024 class, the rankings are absolute key. I’m in no way saying they are accurate, but they absolutely matter. They create a feeding frenzy for the top 100 players, especially the top 50. They create HUGE demand for these players. Are they accurate? No, of course not. Do they matter? Yes. They matter in a very big way. Good luck to all of the ‘25s.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Agreed ....but NLF has become a joke.to . anything run by chandick is a complete joke . He ranks all 91 coaches players high . Even his one percent showcases are laughable. They're a 91 love fest

My son was on 91 for 10 years. Your statement is correct. But guess what? It’s the same with every other organization that runs events and has a vested interest in those events. This is club lacrosse. Said another way, this is $$$$$ lacrosse where everything is motivated by the all mighty dollar.

People like to bash 91 simply out of jealousy because they are now the biggest and the best. That brings out the small people. The haters. However, most top club teams are far more unethical than 91.

How many times was I approached by a 91 director and told to reclass in order for my son to stay “elite”? Absolutely never. Nor was anyone else on his #1 ranked (unanimous) team of 99% holdback free. That absolutely doesn’t happen on other top ranked teams.

In 10 years, my sons team had 1 person that could be considered a holdback, who was on the team as a favor and would be considered a holdback, by WSYL standards, by only 4 HOURS. That’s not even an holdback by MD standards. Other than that, never, ever had a holdback. Majority of players unchanged since 2nd grade.

Yet, over the 10 year existence of the team, they would have to be considered the best team at the grade. In the 5 years that teams were ranked, their team was ranked #1 3 times (IL, US Club Lacrosse, NLF). That is an astonishing accomplishment in and of itself, but when you consider that every team they played was at minimum a year older, it seems like an impossibility. But that’s what happened.

So you small people keep bashing the doers out there if it makes you feel better. But in the ugly under world of $$$ lacrosse, 91 is as ethical as you will find out there, and the most successful.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
NLF Rankings are so bad in a 6 months they had a player in the Top 10, now not even in the Top 30. I guess pops stop writing the checks
or gave up the game..

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
question- should that player have been in the top 10? i mean seriously

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

My son was on 91 for 10 years. Your statement is correct. But guess what? It’s the same with every other organization that runs events and has a vested interest in those events. This is club lacrosse. Said another way, this is $$$$$ lacrosse where everything is motivated by the all mighty dollar.

People like to bash 91 simply out of jealousy because they are now the biggest and the best. That brings out the small people. The haters. However, most top club teams are far more unethical than 91.

How many times was I approached by a 91 director and told to reclass in order for my son to stay “elite”? Absolutely never. Nor was anyone else on his #1 ranked (unanimous) team of 99% holdback free. That absolutely doesn’t happen on other top ranked teams.

In 10 years, my sons team had 1 person that could be considered a holdback, who was on the team as a favor and would be considered a holdback, by WSYL standards, by only 4 HOURS. That’s not even an holdback by MD standards. Other than that, never, ever had a holdback. Majority of players unchanged since 2nd grade.

Yet, over the 10 year existence of the team, they would have to be considered the best team at the grade. In the 5 years that teams were ranked, their team was ranked #1 3 times (IL, US Club Lacrosse, NLF). That is an astonishing accomplishment in and of itself, but when you consider that every team they played was at minimum a year older, it seems like an impossibility. But that’s what happened.

So you small people keep bashing the doers out there if it makes you feel better. But in the ugly under world of $$$ lacrosse, 91 is as ethical as you will find out there, and the most successful.

Chandick don't forget your knee pads for when you're around the 91 directors and coaches . And for the ranter above ....maybe get yourself some medication . Nobody was bashing 91, just saying that anything run by chandick is a money grab so relax . Maybe you should join chandick with some knee pads too

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Dude...if your son completed 10 years that would mean he's at the end of travel and possibly a senior in high school .....why are you still on youth lacrosse forums ...get a life

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Chandick don't forget your knee pads for when you're around the 91 directors and coaches . And for the ranter above ....maybe get yourself some medication . Nobody was bashing 91, just saying that anything run by chandick is a money grab so relax . Maybe you should join chandick with some knee pads too

You have to give it up to 91 crew they do it the right way, they play there best only showcase a few kids and have there own media team.. well done.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
NLF list so far more accurate again.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

You are my favorite BOTC knucklehead. You really are, so proud of that 91 WolfPackUpandLeave team that you can bring any discussion to that and holdbacks. If you would actually read the words (letters form words, words for sentences, sentences have meaning, etc) you would see the post had nothing to do with reclassing but calling out Chandick for his 91 skewed rankings and OnePercent Showcase. Holdbacks or not Chandick rankings are skewed, lacrossemagazine doesnt actually exist and I am the proud dad of a reclass. Best decision ever and love to point it out every time you come on here and go on your rant. Ill check back in 5 years and youll still be going on about the same thing. Fire up Bruce and start singing about, them glory days. [Censored]!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Nobody can take NLF rankings seriously.... chandick ranks team 91 players way too high as he is always on his knees for the team 91 coaches.....shouldn't even be a consideration as to this point .

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Would think the kids on the #1 ranked teams in country are pretty good, otherwise they would not be top ranked team and win all the time. So pretty logical the kids on the best program in the country are probably the best ranked players. What other great ideas are you cooking up over there?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Would think the kids on the #1 ranked teams in country are pretty good, otherwise they would not be top ranked team and win all the time. So pretty logical the kids on the best program in the country are probably the best ranked players. What other great ideas are you cooking up over there?

Matt s--kdik......get your knee pads out for the 91 coaches and coaches kids ...sad . #1 ranked what ...not even close

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Good assumption the PP kid didn’t get the rank dad wanted. Getting sauced early eh.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
NLF rankings mean didly squat......go take a look on Instagram for all of the top D1 commits from clubs outside of the NLF.....and outside of the northeast as well. Anything that chandick runs is a money grab and nothing else . Stop paying the fool

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
NLF rankings mean didly squat......go take a look on Instagram for all of the top D1 commits from clubs outside of the NLF.....and outside of the northeast as well. Anything that chandick runs is a money grab and nothing else . Stop paying the fool

18 of the top 20 on inside lacrosse rankings come from nlf teams.

Nlf teams and players are the best in the country. Deal with it.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Very true ....and just an FYI ....NLF is not a " group of 6 member clubs " with affiliated clubs . It's Team 91 running the show . Why they would pretend it's anything else if comical

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The latest ND commit was graded 84 and 85 this summer yet ranked as a 4 star and #25 overall. Not a shot at him as he looks like a great player but why does IL have kids graded higher that are 3 star and/or unranked? I would’ve thought their ranking would be based on their evaluation.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Stop lying Matt s--kdik....you're a money grabbing clown .

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Stop lying Matt s--kdik....you're a money grabbing clown .

Check inside lacrosse website. Their top 2025’s rankings. Do the count. Far majority of top ranked players on their site come from nlf clubs.

Like Reply Quote
Page 4 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Link Copied to Clipboard