BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys High School Lax
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,821
Posts388,535
Members2,610
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 16 of 17 1 2 14 15 16 17
Re: Boys 2029-6th Grade Fall 2022/Summer 2023
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Igloo wins World Series this year. Made some great pickups this offseason. Coaching is top notch. Don’t see anyone that can stop them when it matters.

That’s awesome, let’s pick this up in 10 months

Just telling facts.

Facts are they will have a hard time gaining possession this year.

Why would that caliber of player leave if there is top notch coaching and great pick ups?

1 kid doesn’t make a team.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
He was the Power goalie and that team is terrible. If he was the real deal they would’ve moved him up to Pride. Truth is the goalie that left Rebels was the real deal. Whoever he’s playing for now got a good player.

91 never moves players up.

This poster is either misinformed, new to club lax on LI or just a s*it stirrer. 91 Pride has 4 players that have been moved up from Power over the past 2-3 years.

lol - wow 4 total kids in 3 years. Which means they needed to fill the bottom end of their roster so they can offer new players scholarships to leave. How many were coaches kids? Or friends of a coaches kid!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
He was the Power goalie and that team is terrible. If he was the real deal they would’ve moved him up to Pride. Truth is the goalie that left Rebels was the real deal. Whoever he’s playing for now got a good player.

91 never moves players up.

This poster is either misinformed, new to club lax on LI or just a s*it stirrer. 91 Pride has 4 players that have been moved up from Power over the past 2-3 years.

lol - wow 4 total kids in 3 years. Which means they needed to fill the bottom end of their roster so they can offer new players scholarships to leave. How many were coaches kids? Or friends of a coaches kid!

You nailed it!!!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Stay away from S2S - Complete money grab especially at the B level. If your kid isn't the top 13 on the roster he won't get any playing time either.

That’s true of every club team.

It’s Ok to be on a B team. If you don’t have high level d1 or d3 dreams you will find a college to play at

You really banking on 6th grade lacrosse as a barometer of your kid going D-1? Oh boy

Not sure what this means. Don’t think anyone is saying that. I think this means if you are on a B team you will find a college amongst the 300 non D1 / non high d3 college out there

Dude literally wrote it’s ok to be on a B team if you don’t have high level d-1 or d3 dreams. I think that’s exactly what he means. That’s what happens when you spend money on lacrosse training instead of tutors.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Igloo wins World Series this year. Made some great pickups this offseason. Coaching is top notch. Don’t see anyone that can stop them when it matters.

Just telling facts.

Why would that caliber of player leave if there is top notch coaching and great pick ups?

But last year it did right? When one player went the other way? That was the end of 91 correct? Igloo was better? We can scroll back and quote the posts if you like.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Who are the likely qualifiers in North?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Just telling facts.

But last year it did right? When one player went the other way? That was the end of 91 correct? Igloo was better? We can scroll back and quote the posts if you like.

There is very little difference between the top 3 , the wildcard is moose, rebels sorry to say just hasn’t proven anything yet so let’s just see what happens . On any given day in any tournament igloo can compete with 91 and 91 can come with igloo , express has tied at best with them both , and moose could shock any one of them . Not sure rebels are in the conversation at this point u til anyone sees them compete on the field. Let the kids figure it out on the field

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Just telling facts.

91 Dad coach is upset. It’s ok you guys are probably top 4 team on the island. That’s still pretty good.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Good news is when 91 doesn’t win World Series this year a bunch of new kids will get free tuition next season.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Stay away from S2S - Complete money grab especially at the B level. If your kid isn't the top 13 on the roster he won't get any playing time either.

It’s Ok to be on a B team. If you don’t have high level d1 or d3 dreams you will find a college to play at

You really banking on 6th grade lacrosse as a barometer of your kid going D-1? Oh boy

Not sure what this means. Don’t think anyone is saying that. I think this means if you are on a B team you will find a college amongst the 300 non D1 / non high d3 college out there

Dude literally wrote it’s ok to be on a B team if you don’t have high level d-1 or d3 dreams. I think that’s exactly what he means. That’s what happens when you spend money on lacrosse training instead of tutors.

Club Lax is a sport where you essentially need money to play it. I agree with spending money on tutors but I’m guessing most kids who don’t commit high d3 or high d1 are all that interested in tutors or academics. So many times, I’ve seen kids make the lacrosse decision instead of the academic decision just so they can say they committed to play lacrosse. Maddening, these 4 year decisions with lifetime consequences. But like I said, if your goal is to play lax and you don’t care what the level is you will find a home and many of these schools, you also don’t need a tutor to get in

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Good news is when 91 doesn’t win World Series this year a bunch of new kids will get free tuition next season.

Hahaha!!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
91, express, eclipse, 2way, sweetlax, orange crush, some bogus mass team, maybe express north, maybe Primetime

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Club Lax is a sport where you essentially need money to play it. I agree with spending money on tutors but I’m guessing most kids who don’t commit high d3 or high d1 are all that interested in tutors or academics. So many times, I’ve seen kids make the lacrosse decision instead of the academic decision just so they can say they committed to play lacrosse. Maddening, these 4 year decisions with lifetime consequences. But like I said, if your goal is to play lax and you don’t care what the level is you will find a home and many of these schools, you also don’t need a tutor to get in

So the good lacrosse players are also the smart kids? My God it’s so pathetic. What an exhausting bunch of people lacrosse parents are. Just remember, there is no money in the sport, the investment you make in club lacrosse, lessons, training etc will never ever be recovered through any athletic scholarship for lacrosse.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
People don’t get it. Investment is not made for scholarships. It’s made to give your child a better opportunity in life. If lacrosse gets your child across the line and into a better college, then there is no value you can put on it. Most kids aren’t going to a good college just with grades. You need something else, lax is that vehicle. Need to see the big picture not box yourself in with the waste of money excuse. Even if they don’t get into a good school with lax you’ve given them an experience 99% of the population will never have. Interact with coaches parents and teammates. Social and moral character is built during these years and that is a skill or asset that is critical to be successful later in life. More to it than just throwing money at clubs.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Thanks Mike!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
That guy gets it. The Mike CoachC comment while funny shows how dense that guy is.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
91, express, eclipse, 2way, sweetlax, orange crush, some bogus mass team, maybe express north, maybe Primetime

No Mooselax? Are they trying to qualify this year?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

So the good lacrosse players are also the smart kids? My God it’s so pathetic. What an exhausting bunch of people lacrosse parents are. Just remember, there is no money in the sport, the investment you make in club lacrosse, lessons, training etc will never ever be recovered through any athletic scholarship for lacrosse.

Dude. It sound like you are trying to have any arguement with yourself. No one here is saying lacrosse ROI is worth it. From a financial standpoint lacrosse makes zero sense. However this is a lacrosse forum and people are talking about the perceived value of lacrosse relatively to the sport itself. I’m sure you get on all the Bentley forums as well and say put money on tutors and education. Only person that’s pathetic on a lacrosse forum and the the person posting on a not-serious lacrosse forum about how notIntelligent lacrosse posts are.

With regards to the best students it is a well known fact that most of these high performing colleges don’t have a lot of wiggle room with the exception of 1-2 athletes. Most athletes are in the ballpark when it comes to their respective institutions so yes, they have to be kind of smart

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Thankyou mr. know it all!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I'm sure they are and they've added some good talent over the past couple of seasons and continue to get better. They consistently play our team tough and can definitely go head to head with the top 3-4 teams on LI and regionally. From the games I've watched, it's pretty much "Any Given Sunday" when the top LI teams play each other and the gap between them has gotten much smaller 91 and the games are fun to watch. If you took out the National teams form the US Club Rankings, the top four LI clubs would be in the top 15, and they don't reclass players, that's a big difference. I'll guess we'll find out soon enough once the season starts.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Thankyou mr. know it all!

Happy to oblige. I’ll be here all week Look forward to more informational posts from you like this one.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I'm sure they are and they've added some good talent over the past couple of seasons and continue to get better. They consistently play our team tough and can definitely go head to head with the top 3-4 teams on LI and regionally. From the games I've watched, it's pretty much "Any Given Sunday" when the top LI teams play each other and the gap between them has gotten much smaller 91 and the games are fun to watch. If you took out the National teams form the US Club Rankings, the top four LI clubs would be in the top 15, and they don't reclass players, that's a big difference. I'll guess we'll find out soon enough once the season starts.

Very true. The next couple of seasons many players will be jockeying to get in a position for the recruiting years thus moving to 91/Express. I would expect Igloo, Moose and others to take a hit in “free agency”.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Very true. The next couple of seasons many players will be jockeying to get in a position for the recruiting years thus moving to 91/Express. I would expect Igloo, Moose and others to take a hit in “free agency”.

It’s because top talent wants to be on top teams. And play in top tournaments. Apart from Naptown and a few other events, NLF events draw in the best teams imho

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Igloo and Rebels won’t qualify

Who will qualify from the North region? How are the CT and Westchester teams?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

express north eclipes

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

express north eclipes

2way and Preds are better than express north at the 29 level. EN is pretty weak

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Way to early predictions! Lets see how the fall goes i'm sure there will be some early shake-up, am I missing anyone?

Going to Qualify
Team 91
Eclipse
LI Express
Igloo

Should Qualify
2 Way
Predators
Mooselax
Orange Crush

Dark Horses to Qualify
Sweetlax
Express North
Legacy
Primetime
Rebels

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I think everyone is jumping the gun here till we see what the teams look like. Which kids are excluded because of age and which 2028’s are still age eligible. Some teams are going to stretch the 100 mile radius to the max to bring in kids for this event only. I think the only guarantee is the Rebels will not qualify.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I think everyone is jumping the gun here till we see what the teams look like. Which kids are excluded because of age and which 2028’s are still age eligible. Some teams are going to stretch the 100 mile radius to the max to bring in kids for this event only. I think the only guarantee is the Rebels will not qualify.

This is actually correct minus the rebels comment. No need for the negativity. Time will tell.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Okay meatball!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Only 3 Long Island teams qualified for the last LWSC. I wouldn’t expect more than that this year either. There are teams that don’t even exist right now that will qualify.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What programs have age ineligible kids? Which have student 28's that can play. Think all have a 28 team, except Moose

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What programs have age ineligible kids?

Eclipse

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What programs have age ineligible kids? Which have student 28's that can play. Think all have a 28 team, except Moose

Rebels have loads of 28 eligible

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Eclipse
Eclipse 29s had some serious size this summer so that would track. Know a few people up there and heard Eclipse picked up a great FOGO and middie from Cavalry 28s. 2way picked up a first line middie from EN. Will be interesting to see how the fall goes.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Rebels have loads of 28 eligible

Legacy too

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Eclipse
Eclipse 29s had some serious size this summer so that would track. Know a few people up there and heard Eclipse picked up a great FOGO and middie from Cavalry 28s. 2way picked up a first line middie from EN. Will be interesting to see how the fall goes.

2way also added the best player on Leading Edge after the family moved to CT

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Eclipse

2way also added the best player on Leading Edge after the family moved to CT

Another holdback

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Express 28 F/O also at 2way and will reclass to 29 shortly

A