BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,819
Posts388,418
Members2,610
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 29 of 31 1 2 27 28 29 30 31
Re: Girls 2027-8th Grade Fall 2022/Summer 2023
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
YJA got legacy star and tradition star?

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The top end of Tradition went to Jesters A

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous

Whether they are stars, that is up for debate, but they added 4 girls.

- 1 promotion from B team
- 2 middies from Tradition
- 1 lefty low attack from Legacy

Not sure any of them are "stars", but they are all solid players. Hard to really know what you have from Legacy girl -- she probably has the most upside and the best physically, but hard to evaluate with so little talent around her.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Not sure any of them are "stars", but they are all solid players. Hard to really know what you have from Legacy girl -- she probably has the most upside and the best physically, but hard to evaluate with so little talent around her.
Lefty attack won’t see much field time.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Legacy doesn’t have talent? I get it, if your not a top 10 team, your talented, lots of clowns on this site.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Legacy girls was first team all star at American select as middie. And one gc girl is a tall right attackman

Legacy girl was first team all star at American select as a middie. And gc girl is a tall right attackman. Info seems off

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Legacy doesn’t have talent? I get it, if your not a top 10 team, your talented, lots of clowns on this site.

Like the clown who, earlier this year, said that Aces players were transferring to YJA

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Legacy girls was first team all star at American select as middie. And one gc girl is a tall right attackman

Legacy girl was first team all star at American select as a middie. And gc girl is a tall right attackman. Info seems off

I don’t put much stock on the “all star” team from AS at this age. No colleges were looking at them.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I don’t put much stock on the “all star” team from AS at this age. No colleges were looking at them.

Not to take anything away from these girls who work hard but something I’ve learned about all star teams, having a 24 and 27, is that they seem to always be geared toward the players of the clubs who run the events. AS is one example, LILJ games is another (especially the 27s). While it is nice to be recognized, these lists can be bias and political and college coaches put zero stock into them.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Like someone said above, all these events are money grabs - parents want them in these pay to play events to pound their chest

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Not taking anything away from the kids who make all tourney team, but these awards are picking by the coaches based on finish. Eg winning team get 4 players, 2nd place get 3 players, etc.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
How is the PT on Jesters? Was it even last year?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
How is the PT on Jesters? Was it even last year?

For the black team, in most competitive games against to 10 teams, 13-15 field players would typically get in the game. Pretty similar to YJ or top MD teams.

Jesters plays a slower tempo which allows then to play their stars for 40 minutes, if needed. Bottom line-- if you aren't in the top 2/3 of the roster, don't expect much field time.

The good news is that when they get up by 5 or more goal, their coach will put in backups much earlier than other top teams will.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
With the schedule of YJ, Jesters, TGs being among the toughest, they are rarely up by a lot,14 or so girls will dominate playing time, not leaving much playing time for 6-8 girls. Better shot if your a Middie, defense/attack typically doesn’t change much in those tight games. This is the case with all top teams.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
With the schedule of YJ, Jesters, TGs being among the toughest, they are rarely up by a lot,14 or so girls will dominate playing time, not leaving much playing time for 6-8 girls. Better shot if your a Middie, defense/attack typically doesn’t change much in those tight games. This is the case with all top teams.

How do those top teams play their goalies?
Better of the pair starts or better of pair is 2nd half goalie?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
YJ played close to equal time all last year. Not sure what games people are watching.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Usually rotate in pool play and play their #1 in playoffs. Sometimes if the last pool play game is must win they will play their #1 in that as well.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
YJ played close to equal time all last year. Not sure what games people are watching.

Ummm. I watched YJA play my nieces team. They were up comfortably most of the game but it wasn’t a blowout. They won by 5 or 6. About 5 or 6 girls didn’t get on the field until 5 or so minutes left.

YJB played most of the girls on its inflated roster when we played them. However they were pretty much eliminated from the tourney by the time we played them

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Usually you start your top kid, if they are lights out, you have option to keep them in or if backup struggles, putting them back in.

I know in summer, we rotated our goalies who started vs didn't because its a different situation.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
MY kid is on a top-20 team, we had playing time as close to equal as possible all summer long. Even in short playoff games. Coaches want to prepare for recruiting time in HS.
Negative was it cost us a few tight games and kids don't really know where they stand if PT equal.

Positive I guess is less upset parents/kids.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
quote=Anonymous]

Usually rotate in pool play and play their #1 in playoffs. Sometimes if the last pool play game is must win they will play their #1 in that as well.[/quote]

Yes but does the “#1” play first or second when rotating in pool play? What is the philosophy for goalie playing first vs second?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Better of the pair starts or better of pair is 2nd half goalie?[/quote]

Usually rotate in pool play and play their #1 in playoffs. Sometimes if the last pool play game is must win they will play their #1 in that as well.[/quote]

Yes but does the “#1” play first or second when rotating in pool play? What is the philosophy for goalie playing first vs second?[/quote]

There is no hard fast rule. Some teams are strictly 50/50 and let the goalies decide, while others go with their top goalie for the vast majority of time and everything in between. Most important thing is for the team to be clear with their intentions and to let the goalies know where they stand.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
MY kid is on a top-20 team, we had playing time as close to equal as possible all summer long. Even in short playoff games. Coaches want to prepare for recruiting time in HS.
Negative was it cost us a few tight games and kids don't really know where they stand if PT equal.

I assume your daughter played for FLG or YJ Gaghan. Only top teams which I have seen play close to even playing time.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
No top 20 teams plays everyone equally

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

umm.. equal playing time generally upsets many more parents than unequal playing time. Equal playing time will upset the parents of every starter and many rotation players who are upset that the team will likely lose more games than it should.

From my experience a 80/20 split in PT between starters and backups is the best way to keep everyone happy.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
YJ played close to half. And were ranked #4. Keep trying to justify why your teams don’t sub.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
YJ played close to half. And were ranked #4. Keep trying to justify why your teams don’t sub.

No they didn’t, but there’s nothing wrong with stronger players playing more than weaker players. That’s the way it should be, especially in highly competitive matchups.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
No top 20 teams plays everyone equally

Equally basically impossible unless someone has a stop watch and constant subs but we get to as close as possible. We might start our top 2 attack along with the 5 and 6. Or our top 2 middies with our 5th. That sort of thing, End of day, our top kids might play 60% of the minutes, and depending on the game, might play less than others.

Goalies 50/50 nearly all the time. It makes for big swings from one half or the other.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
quote=Anonymous]

Usually rotate in pool play and play their #1 in playoffs. Sometimes if the last pool play game is must win they will play their #1 in that as well.

Yes but does the “#1” play first or second when rotating in pool play? What is the philosophy for goalie playing first vs second?[/quote]

Depends on the team. I like starting my #1 in games I know will be the toughest because it gets us off on the right foot and we are less likely to have to come back. It also may mean more of a possession game in the 2nd half to limit the other team's opportunities to begin with.

And I tell my goalies from day 1 that if one of them is on fire, they stay in. It's best to be open with them from the get go - I have had this happen to both where one of them was just on and I could not pull them. I have also had to pull them mid half for not playing well.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Do the top teams in this age group go to the same tourneys during the recruiting years? How about this year, what Fall tourneys are teams attending?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Do the top teams in this age group go to the same tourneys during the recruiting years? How about this year, what Fall tourneys are teams attending?

Teams can’t just go to the best tourneys… the better clubs get their teams at the right ones. It’s a reason people leave for better clubs, to ensure better/the right tourneys

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
If your daughter looking for a top 20/30 college lax program the best tourneys matter, otherwise lots of great options for those looking for lower D1, D2 and D3. Hitting prospect days and getting program support more important.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
If your daughter looking for a top 20/30 college lax program the best tourneys matter, otherwise lots of great options for those looking for lower D1, D2 and D3. Hitting prospect days and getting program support more important.

Exactly. And the more of the better tourneys you go to, the better your chances of being seen because there are more opportunities for the coaches to be at your games. We travel much more with DD now that she is in HS than we did in MS in order to be at these tourneys.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Exactly. And the more of the better tourneys you go to, the better your chances of being seen because there are more opportunities for the coaches to be at your games. We travel much more with DD now that she is in HS than we did in MS in order to be at these tourneys.

Same here and the summer has more fun. Maybe it is the weather and the advice above is right on.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

YJ pretty do the same tourneys as youth but add summer genesis and drop youth nationals.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Summer Genesis
Lax for the Cure
G8
Mid Atlantic

Those to me are the big tournaments of the summer.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Live love lax in that bucket too, the Nationals a waste of time, if your team is in a few of those, all good, more important next year that their in these tourneys.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What are the big fall tournys

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
FLG will still be very good with excellent talent.

FLG has lost good players in the past and have still remained top 15 nationally. What changed?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Battle of the bone heads!

Page 29 of 31 1 2 27 28 29 30 31

Link Copied to Clipboard