BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,817
Posts388,321
Members2,610
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 209 of 260 1 2 207 208 209 210 211 259 260
Re: Boys 2028 Grads - Mid Atlantic Region
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Who did FCA Blue, Hawks, or Crabs add that made them better?

It sounds like Hawks added a couple kids but based off past post and the infamous rumor mill, the pickups they added aren’t game changers. This would make sense based on how deep they already are. My question is why add players that won’t have an impact? Goalie✅, Defense✅, Midfield✅, Attack✅. They arguably have the top players at every position.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

It sounds like Hawks added a couple kids but based off past post and the infamous rumor mill, the pickups they added aren’t game changers. This would make sense based on how deep they already are. My question is why add players that won’t have an impact? Goalie✅, Defense✅, Midfield✅, Attack✅. They arguably have the top players at every position.

That would be an argument you would lose. The "only" "best" players they have are a pole who they don't take off the field so not sure if he's LSM or D, and the goalie.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
will Crabs be better than DCE or NL?

Wondering who is shaping up as the third strongest team.

Nope. New Crabs coach made some inexplicable decisions for tryouts. Solid, existing players were cut for lesser skilled players. Surprised this hasn’t been mentioned yet. Some of the new kids will get cut next year when the BL boarders arrive.
New players are not Elite. They will be one year and done and won’t get much PT.

I have no dog in this fight, but I understand the Crabs have new coaches which would explain some differences. Even as an outsider I could see they played the first 12-14 players 95% of the time. Maybe there is an entire phylosophy shift?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

All 2nd hand knowledge:

Hawks got a new faceoff kid from True.

Crabs picked bigger/athletic kids over skill. That may or may not work out for them.

FCA got a goalie, if he's good they will be very tough to beat. Also got a pole form Crabs. I heard tryouts had 100+ kids and 10+ goalies so some of them have to be good.

91 got a couple kids from Crabs.

DCE was obviously the big mover with kids from BLC, NL and Madlax.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
why did all those kids leave MadLax. The pros and cons of that team have been known to everyone for years. why now?

The shortest answer is probably a word for some phenomenon, but I'm not a sociologist, so, you'll have to take the semi-short answer (and I have two).

1. People will follow a toxic leader and accept whatever bizarre behaviors or excuses, as long as the leader keeps winning, and other less weird market options (teams) seem less successful aka "NL is a chump team, they'll never win HoCo." ML being nowhere near a HoCo championship for 2 years straight, and neither of those at the hands of their accepted rival (Hawks) was definitely "more than enough" for the families to see, given the absurd level of talent they have.

2. To the sadness and surprise of club directors everywhere, given the out of control pricing of everything in our lives, most families are evaluating how they spend their money, which I know for a fact impacted a lot of roster changes (and a lot of half-full camps) this summer. "Why am I paying $3K for this guy to yell bad instructions at my kid every week?" and "why wasn't this covered at practice last week?" is a valid question in the case of many club teams including ML.

You are correct in my opinion which is sad. As if winning the 3rd grade HOCO championship was reason enough to put aside your better judgement. It reflects really poorly on the MadLax parents. They've always been the worst sideline stooges.

To be fair to Cabell, this is a phenomenon I've seen repeatedly in the workplace, especially with executive leadership.........but also in families and obviously in politics. We ignore the evidence of our eyes and ears until it's clear that the weirdo/narcissist in charge is not protecting our interests.

serious question to any family whose son is on MadLax - if your son is good enough to make the A team on either DCE or Next Level, what would be the advantage to staying with MadLax?

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

All 2nd hand knowledge:

Crabs picked bigger/athletic kids over skill. That may or may not work out for them.

FCA got a goalie, if he's good they will be very tough to beat. Also got a pole form Crabs. I heard tryouts had 100+ kids and 10+ goalies so some of them have to be good.

I don't think DCE picked up anyone from Next Level that would make a difference.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

That would be an argument you would lose. The "only" "best" players they have are a pole who they don't take off the field so not sure if he's LSM or D, and the goalie.

I’ll take the bait. Who would you say are better? Goalie Hawks, D pole Hawks, two way Midfield Hawks, Attack scorer and distributor Hawks.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I’ll take the bait. Who would you say are better? Goalie Hawks, D pole Hawks, two way Midfield Hawks, Attack scorer and distributor Hawks.

Attack and Midfield are good…. VERY Far from the best. Defense and Goalie are exceptional. Faceoff kid is very good.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I agree with prior post. Goalie and D pole. Hawks offense has two main weapons that both play attack, but the group has good teamwork. 3rd attackman has a good shot, but otherwise nothing special. FCA has several kids on offensive midfielder that I would rank higher than Hawks offensive midfielders.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

All 2nd hand knowledge:

I don't think DCE picked up anyone from Next Level that would make a difference.
I don’t think they took anyone from NL. They had a few kids tryout, but none of them were offered spots.
They got 8 kids from Madlax. One from True. One Team MD. Couple from VLC/Top Caliber. Apparently, some size and athleticism from VLC/TC but a little short on skill. Should be an interesting team. They got a LOT from Madlax

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Attack and Midfield are good…. VERY Far from the best. Defense and Goalie are exceptional. Faceoff kid is very good.

I agree with above Goalie and D pole. The two way midfielder is better on both sides compared to most. The fogo is average at best.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Crabs long pole is close.
NL goalie is equal
91 fogo is better
MadLax has the 47 year old
FCA has several middies attack and fogo

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
But didn’t Madlax [Censored]? If they got 8 kids from an average Madlax team, who cares?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Yes. No attack or goalie. Who cares where they all go
They couldn’t score on ML or stop a goal?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Best team- Hit Squad 2028

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
100% agree, very obvious when watching the team play- did hear some were cut for others lower on the pole, politics.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I agree with above Goalie and D pole. The two way midfielder is better on both sides compared to most. The fogo is average at best.
If I am not mistaken, The Hawks D unit and Goalie gave up just over 3 goals a game in HoCo last year. I don't think anyone was close to that. Their FOGO's are serviceable, and their attack is only as good as their ball movement. This summer they had two kids at LSM that gobbled up ground balls off the wing against us, not sure if they picked up a pole to play summer only or what. FCA definitely has an abundance of talent at mid and attack. I think offensively FCA is unmatched and defensively Hawks are unmatched.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Best team- Hit Squad 2028

Goes without saying.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
But didn’t Madlax [Censored]? If they got 8 kids from an average Madlax team, who cares?

I don't think Madlax was very good but if you take 8 of their players, add them to the BLC players, add a few True kids, sprinkle in some real coaching and you may have a good team.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I don't think Madlax was very good but if you take 8 of their players, add them to the BLC players, add a few True kids, sprinkle in some real coaching and you may have a good team.
The only teams that were better than Madlax were Hawks and FCA— who are both top 10 in the nation.
DCE will be the 3rd best team in HoCo. Best coaching in the area, and a great mix of kids pulled from 3-4 teams.
NL and Crabs will follow closely. Hawks and FCA still cream of the crop in DMV/Baltimore. And likely got better this off-season.
Madlax bottom of the pack. Quite the fall from top of HoCo 3 years ago.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

The only teams that were better than Madlax were Hawks and FCA— who are both top 10 in the nation.
DCE will be the 3rd best team in HoCo. Best coaching in the area, and a great mix of kids pulled from 3-4 teams.
NL and Crabs will follow closely. Hawks and FCA still cream of the crop in DMV/Baltimore. And likely got better this off-season.

I agree, the point was Madlax was 2nd tier and fell apart while everyone else got better. Karma.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

If I am not mistaken, The Hawks D unit and Goalie gave up just over 3 goals a game in HoCo last year. I don't think anyone was close to that. Their FOGO's are serviceable, and their attack is only as good as their ball movement. This summer they had two kids at LSM that gobbled up ground balls off the wing against us, not sure if they picked up a pole to play summer only or what. FCA definitely has an abundance of talent at mid and attack. I think offensively FCA is unmatched and defensively Hawks are unmatched.

I think the Hawks offense is just fine-- some quick research shows they dropped 29 (!!!) goals on FCA in just two FCA games. FCA may have run up the score on some lesser teams, but I think the "unmatched" moniker is a Huge stretch

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I agree, the point was Madlax was 2nd tier and fell apart while everyone else got better. Karma.

Do you think if Madlax Capital cannot put together a competitive team for HOCO Elite, they do not play?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Do you think if Madlax Capital cannot put together a competitive team for HOCO Elite, they do not play?

If they don't like the score at halftime, they'll just go home.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

If they don't like the score at halftime, they'll just go home.

There were a lot of rain delays last year . . .

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

That’s what Cabell does. Like in the fal when they were “missing” some kids due to football and injuries— the we got the “Madlax Monuments “ or something ridiculous like that. Dude is a sociopath… narcissist who hates being the punching bag.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I think the Hawks offense is just fine-- some quick research shows they dropped 29 (!!!) goals on FCA in just two FCA games. FCA may have run up the score on some lesser teams, but I think the "unmatched" moniker is a Huge stretch

And yet the Hawks only scored 4 the last time they played. Maybe the Hawks "unmatched" D moniker is a huge stretch. See how your logic doesn't work?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

And yet the Hawks only scored 4 the last time they played. Maybe the Hawks "unmatched" D moniker is a huge stretch. See how your logic doesn't work?
The Hawks dropped 15 and 14 on FCA in the first two games and had one game where the offense scored 4 and only gave up 5! See how clueless you look? FCA gave up 58 goals in HOCO last year which was more than double what the Hawks gave up....Perhaps you should take up Pickleball if you think the "unmatched D" moniker was incorrectly stated.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

While FCA blew the doors off the Hawks with 5. With U.S. Club Lax it's pretty easy to run the math.

FCA in 32 games — Goals (GF-GA) 332-174 (Average GF-GA - 10.375 - 5.4375)
Hawks in 39 games — Goals (GF-GA) 389-148 (Average GF-GA - 9.974 - 3.79)

I think what we have are two very good teams and you losing about 5 minutes of your life reading this that you'll never get back.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Hey, fool lax dads who cares about who is better, who added who, who lost who. Enjoy the summer vibes! Life is far too short to care about 8th grade lax, that means absolutely nothing!!!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Wrong forum, bro. We are all here to relish the demise of MadLax, debate the merits of 13-14 year olds as if they were the NFL, and await the Second Coming of the Preds. Move along

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Did Madlax lose their double holdback?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

While FCA blew the doors off the Hawks with 5. With U.S. Club Lax it's pretty easy to run the math.

FCA in 32 games — Goals (GF-GA) 332-174 (Average GF-GA - 10.375 - 5.4375)
Hawks in 39 games — Goals (GF-GA) 389-148 (Average GF-GA - 9.974 - 3.79)

I think what we have are two very good teams and you losing about 5 minutes of your life reading this that you'll never get back.

Everybody on here gives credit to the Hawks for being the best local team, but apparently that’s not enough for this guys. He gets his feelings hurt because a few kids in the area are better at offensive midfield or attack. Sorry your son is a very good offensive player, but not the best in the Country. I suggest you post highlight video on YouTube of your son to help you feel better.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Oh brother…🤦

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Did Madlax lose their double holdback?
Apparently he’s playing soccer this fall. And might play high school lacrosse in the spring down in Charlottesville where he lives. So— yeah, they’re without his services till summer. And by then, he will have moved on to a competitive team.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Lolz at the insecure hawks dads.

Weird.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
We know you are bitter junior isn’t starting anymore after claiming he was “best in the land” while in 4th grade, but try to be civil.

It’s ok, hawks are the new Madlax.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Is that a joke about the ML double holdback or is that true? If it’s the kid I am thinking, he posted on Instagram a few weeks ago that he was staying at ML - along the lines of LeBron’s The Decision. You are joking right?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
That was in reference to him staying at his school not ML.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I did not see the post but I heard that Mad Lax reposted it - why would they repost it if it was about his school? What am I missing?

Like Reply Quote
Page 209 of 260 1 2 207 208 209 210 211 259 260
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Link Copied to Clipboard