BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys High School Lax
by Anonymous -
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,821
Posts388,535
Members2,610
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 104 of 112 1 2 102 103 104 105 106 111 112
Re: Girls 2027 Grads - Mid Atlantic Region
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Odd, no rosters seem to have updated.

Typically M&D has theirs out like 2 days after tryouts.
Clearly your daughter doesn't play for M&D, so why are you concerned about the rosters not being listed?

This is an interesting response from someone who logs onto BOTC in August.

I'm curious about where people ended up, who went where. Not you though right? LOL. Clutching your pearls "How dare someone inquire about where 14 yr old girls play club".
So let me get this straight…you are the one that logged onto BOTC to complain about rosters not being posted (obviously daughter doesn’t play for said team), and you are going to respond with an insult? Ok lol

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Clearly your daughter doesn't play for M&D, so why are you concerned about the rosters not being listed?

I'm curious about where people ended up, who went where. Not you though right? LOL. Clutching your pearls "How dare someone inquire about where 14 yr old girls play club".
So let me get this straight…you are the one that logged onto BOTC to complain about rosters not being posted (obviously daughter doesn’t play for said team), and you are going to respond with an insult? Ok lol

Yeah, I’m insulting you for thinking it’s weird people care about who went to what clubs.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
M&D has a new owners, new website, etc so I think the days of them posting rosters 24 later are over. Coppermine really making a push to take over

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

He wants to see who made the tema over his daughter.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
American Select All Tournament teams named. Looks like it was based on finish, how many slots available. Kudos to the MD girls who were named, great honor and exciting to see where these kids go in the next few years.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Yeah, I’m insulting you for thinking it’s weird people care about who went to what clubs.
A fair response. I mean, if we are here in August, we are all curious gossips. Can't be throwing stones in the glass we all live in.

All said, I'm not calling out clubs or talent. I was underwhelmed with marylands play at AS. But all-star teams are hard to manage...

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
All said, I'm not calling out clubs or talent. I was underwhelmed with marylands play at AS. But all-star teams are hard to manage...
Agree. The AS Maryland teams are not all-star teams. More like so-so teams.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Said the guy whose daughter didn't make it.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I'm gonna side with the salty dad on this one.

Those MD teams weren't very good. I wasn't overly impressed with what I saw.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Exactly, this was an All Star team. Losing in Finals with it tied at halftime, no shame in that.

Plenty of great players not on that roster but lets not take anything away from who was there. AS IG account posted the highlights, pretty impressive play.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Yes, it all looks good with plenty of editing.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Yes, it all looks good with plenty of editing.

LOL, what a miserable response.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Red did get blown-out in the final. They hung with LI Black for the first half but barely then were shutdown and LI scored on them at will. Secondly, the championship game was played earlier Saturday when LI Black played Florida. That game ended 10-9 in last second shot.

Both those teams were loaded. LI Black had a ton of Yellow Jackets players on it and Florida was stacked with Florida Select players either team beats MD Red handily.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
MD has great coaching you can see that at every big tournament and plenty of depth. Other regions have as good or better athletes not surprising that LI and Florida did very well.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Word is out on AS in MD. This year's mess since day 1 has doomed it.

Poor organization, poor selections, poor coaching. Parents finally figured out it's a money grab.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Let's clarify "salty."
Clown behavior if you're mad at the team bc your kid didn't make it (take ownership, take the L and cheer for the team, friends etc...). I am "salty" with my kid, who not did play well enough to make the squad, despite maybe being good enough to do so.

That said, we watched the games. Maryland's play was good, not great. Only a few occasions did I see play or skill that made think: that's elite (read all-star) for 27s. Now, if there were 10 or 14 from m&d black or HG. I think the outcome would be different bc of teamwork and only a moderate increase in skill. I said a long time ago I thought the 27 class was hamstrung by covid. Even on the good teams, including in this tournament, I see a lot of good, but not great individual talent. Said with zero salt.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You dumping on the entire grad year?

Specifically what do you mean? Covid cost all grad years, and it basically lasted from March to June anyways.

There’s a lot of talent on 2027s, I guess we will have to see that play out at HS level to truly judge.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Specifically what do you mean? Covid cost all grad years, and it basically lasted from March to June anyways.

There’s a lot of talent on 2027s, I guess we will have to see that play out at HS level to truly judge.

I've been saying this for a while now as well. Well there are some exceptional players who will be stars, the depth of this class just isn't there. In past years, you could name some pure superstars at the 8th grade level, this year while there are very really good players, there really aren't any who you can say will be game changers as a freshman or even a sophomore in high school.

There are some girls on the bench for M&D and Heros who would have been lucky to make the Red and White teams in past years. SW, Pride, Stars, NEMS, TLC and many others well down against their clubs 25 and 26 teams. Coppermine and BLC are probably the only two clubs who were markedly better than previous years.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I've been saying this for a while now as well. Well there are some exceptional players who will be stars, the depth of this class just isn't there. In past years, you could name some pure superstars at the 8th grade level, this year while there are very really good players, there really aren't any who you can say will be game changers as a freshman or even a sophomore in high school.

There are some girls on the bench for M&D and Heros who would have been lucky to make the Red and White teams in past years. SW, Pride, Stars, NEMS, TLC and many others well down against their clubs 25 and 26 teams. Coppermine and BLC are probably the only two clubs who were markedly better than previous years.

Not PP, and I agree as well. For 2023-2028 the even years are stronger overall.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Not PP, and I agree as well. For 2023-2028 the even years are stronger overall.

Completely agree. Our club's recruiting directly told some 27 parents at American Select, "Be glad your kids aren't 26s. couple of top 10 D1 coaches have told me that 26 class may be the deepest one in the past 10 years."

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
So top ten D1 coaches have already evaluated the 2026 class?

I’ll take things that never happened for $400 Alex

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Well perhaps that explains why the '27 AS MD team was so mediocre.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
So bc the MD team wasn’t close to the t

Poor organization, poor selections, poor coaching. Parents finally figured out it's a money grab.

This is funny…maybe put in an equal setting the Maryland players aren’t as good as in some other states.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

How do you measure this when they are playing only in their grad year universe?

Hero's Green 2025 is #11.
Hero's Green 2027 is #1.

Aces 2025 is #13
Aces 2027 is #2

Florida Select 2025 is #20
Florida Select 2027 is #6

Jesters 2025 is #22
Jesters 2027 is #8

MD United 2025 is #25
MD United 2027 is #10

Pride 2025 is not even in the top 50.

FLG 2025 is not in top 100

Maybe 2027 as a whole grad year lacks elite talent and depth overall, I would just like to hear some facts/evidence to support it, because the above facts do not support that. Again, as I mentioned, HHH Philly 2025 being ranked #8 and HHH Philly 2027 being ranked #12 doesn't mean 2025 is better either.

Kids who used to play on TLC or NEMS are now on Coppermine, some clubs, that just changes grad year to grad year, doesn't indicate strength or weakness as a whole. Crush 28 is a top 10 team. There isn't a Crush in 2027 at all, that doesn't mean the 2028 class is superior. IT just means those 2027 kids are on different clubs.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Sounds like excuses.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

More so at their camps and prospect days, but yes.

If you don't think Cathy Reese knows who the best 10 26s are in Maryland, then this is clearly your first rodeo.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

If you don't think Cathy Reese knows who the best 10 26s are in Maryland, then this is clearly your first rodeo.

Oh now it’s only top ten “in Maryland”.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

This is funny…maybe put in an equal setting the Maryland players aren’t as good as in some other states.

Basically, Maryland overall was not as good as compared to other states. Period.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I want to see the new Slowalkers roster with their 21 new kids.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I want to see the new Slowalkers roster with their 21 new kids.
Come on my guy, I trolled good enough to get everyone talking about good debatable topics that implicate all 27s--everyone has skin in this game, we can all add. Here you are back to the same old parlor tricks. Be better. Please. Literally for all of us on this thread.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Basically, Maryland overall was not as good as compared to other states. Period.

I think this is the only unassailable takeaway. But this doesn't mean we don't have as good players etc... it just means our team wasn't as good compared to other states-- for whatever reason.

As far as 27s, I think their formative (turn the corner) years were smack in the middle of the pandemic. Kids on either side have either had a chance to recover (younger (build skills)) or were already in the mode of self development (older). I don't doubt 27s can catch up by end of sophomore year, but I know they are a hint off pace right now.
Smooches

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

That’s because her daughter is one of the top 26’s in the country…she’s been watching that class for 7 years.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Why is the 27 AS Level getting attacked. They were the only MD Team to make the final. If every other age group is loaded, why didn’t they get to the final?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I think this is the only unassailable takeaway. But this doesn't mean we don't have as good players etc... it just means our team wasn't as good compared to other states-- for whatever reason.

As far as 27s, I think their formative (turn the corner) years were smack in the middle of the pandemic. Kids on either side have either had a chance to recover (younger (build skills)) or were already in the mode of self development (older). I don't doubt 27s can catch up by end of sophomore year, but I know they are a hint off pace right now.
Smooches

Maybe MD has the best players, maybe we don't.

But using American Select to determine this is absurd since a majority of tens both MD teams played had a majority of girls form one club.

MD Red
Long Island A -- 16 girls from one team
DC -- 11 girls from Capital (though to be fair they never really played together0
Penn -- 9 girls from one team
Downstate -- 14 girls from one team
NJ B -- 11 girls from one team
Long Island A -- 16 girls from one team

MD Yellow
Long Island B -- 14 girls from one team
NJ B -- 11 girls from one team
NC -- 10 girls from one club
Midwest -- 12 girls from one team
Mass -- 8 girls from one team; 7 girls from another

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Smooches

Wasn’t as good as other states like Long Island that was 80% YJ team? That’s what you mean?

“Hint off pace” lol

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

That’s because her daughter is one of the top 26’s in the country…she’s been watching that class for 7 years.
☝🏻

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Why is the 27 AS Level getting attacked. They were the only MD Team to make the final. If every other age group is loaded, why didn’t they get to the final?

Because every other age group was not loaded. None of the AS teams were a reflection of best talent in MD at any year so it's odd anyone is using them as a point of comparison.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The parents of the top talent let their daughters rest, take them on vacation instead of dropping over a $1000 for AS. #[Censored]

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The parents of the top talent let their daughters rest, take them on vacation instead of dropping over a $1000 for AS. #[Censored]

Bingo. I honestly believe these showcases are great for the bubble kids to be seen.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Bingo. I honestly believe these showcases are great for the bubble kids to be seen.

I'd put it another way. Great for players who don't play on a top 40 club to be seen. At one point during AS, there were as many coaches if not more watching that Pac NW 25s as they were watching the Maryland Red 25s.

Don't think anyone believes there is more talented on the PacNW team, but likely the same coaches hadn't watched those girls 4 times already this summer.

Page 104 of 112 1 2 102 103 104 105 106 111 112

Link Copied to Clipboard