BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,814
Posts387,898
Members2,609
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 7 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Re: Long Island Jesters
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
In the past four committed classes from TG (21-24) I see (3) Ivies. In 2019 I see (3) and in 2018 I see (4). Not to mention I see other great schools like UVA, Duke, Stanford, UNC, Amherst, Skidmore, MIT, Northwestern...etc. Keep up the good work

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Jesters Blue was new last year offered in 3 grades. This year they are expanding and although they are not at the black level they have gotten better and will be put in better tournaments. My daughter really enjoys the blue team, competetive and fun. And she has no desire to play in college. Imagine that- playing club ball for the experience and not just for the recruiting

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
In the past four committed classes from TG (21-24) I see (3) Ivies. In 2019 I see (3) and in 2018 I see (4). Not to mention I see other great schools like UVA, Duke, Stanford, UNC, Amherst, Skidmore, MIT, Northwestern...etc. Keep up the good work

My bad, think I see it now. Seems to have been buried between all of the SUNY New Paltz, East Stroudsberg and the Marist’s. Best of luck xoxo

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

My bad, think I see it now. Seems to have been buried between all of the SUNY New Paltz, East Stroudsberg and the Marist’s. Best of luck xoxo

Perhaps they were buried, unfortunately not every young lady can go to the Ivies or even the top academic schools or lacrosse schools of their choice. There are many factors that play into it. Why would you look down on those schools you listed? East Stroudsburg has been one of the top D2 teams the past few years and I am sure the ladies that played on those teams could care less about the Ivies. I hope your daughter is a superstar on the field and in the classroom so she can pick a school of her choice. Enjoy it all, it comes and goes so fast

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Wow what’s wrong with you? You’re a parent and have an attitude like this? You should be ashamed! I fee for your kids. Those schools are fine….not everyone’s dream or reality is to play for an ivy or a d1 top school.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Hi- New to the Jesters club on the girls side and she is on one of the middle school aged teams.

Who are generally the coaches? Parents? Trainers? How have you liked the training?

Thank you.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I feel terrible for those SUNY, E Stroudsburg and Marist kids. They are missing out of wearing a top DI jersey while standing on the sidelines for 2 years with the other 40 girls.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Because of you play aD1 school with a roster of 40, you always play? It’s diff? The parents on this site are nuts. Worry about your own kid and stop knocking other kids choices.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Because of you play aD1 school with a roster of 40, you always play? It’s diff? The parents on this site are nuts. Worry about your own kid and stop knocking other kids choices.

That is exactly my point. Kids make college choices for a multitude of reasons, and lax may not be the most important factor when starting the path for the rest of their lives. Everyone is so darn judgmental. It drives me fool.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Hi- New to the Jesters club on the girls side and she is on one of the middle school aged teams.

Who are generally the coaches? Parents? Trainers? How have you liked the training?

Thank you.

Daddy coach just like every club except top guns

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Thank you.

Daddy coach just like every club except top guns

Ok, Top Gun director. Bad blood between TG and Jesters directors. We get it. Just worry about getting great opportunities for LI girls to play lacrosse and open doors for them to some great colleges. There’s a fit/club for all LI girls to play. Let’s Support them at all the levels of play and clubs they play for! Lets hope they all have great futures ahead and LI lacrosse helped them on their journeys!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Wow, sad that you are someone’s parent!! Any girl playing college lacrosse should be proud, no matter where she plays .

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I've got a 2028 girl (playing on a different club) who has come to us with an interest in playing in college. I know that Jester's only had their first graduating class last year (I think?), but does anyone have any feedback about the recruiting support with the program? I see some recruits on their website, but I'm only spotting one college player in their media with any sort of highlight. Totally understand that college freshmen will see limited playing time, but wondering how the program is for prepping them for that. Maybe there is another spot to look for that kind of information?

(and to be clear - this is not a D1/D2/D whatever question. Just genuinely trying to see how each club supports girls that have an interest in playing at the next level.)

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Jesters will have kids recruited. So will every other club. Even the “bad” ones. Have your kid play where it’s a good fit for them and for you.

Every club has +- Most important thing is the coach of that team. Will they help your kid improve and will they have fun.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
For sure! The player is what is recruited, not the club (or at least that's what we hope!). I'm just trying to understand what kind of support there is for players who opt to go through the process, and the experience of the club to support players through it.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
For sure! The player is what is recruited, not the club (or at least that's what we hope!). I'm just trying to understand what kind of support there is for players who opt to go through the process, and the experience of the club to support players through it.

Should be an easy question to answer for anyone in that organization. I feel for you, like pulling teeth sometimes getting a straight answer.

Like Reply Quote
Page 7 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Link Copied to Clipboard