BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys High School Lax
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,821
Posts388,540
Members2,610
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 14 of 17 1 2 12 13 14 15 16 17
Re: Boys 2029-6th Grade Fall 2022/Summer 2023
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Good luck to the girls chasing a top 20 ranked lacrosse team, most would have zero interest, that investment in time doesn’t position kids for success after college, which is all that matters.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
New power rankings after tryouts:
Express
Mooselax

Igloo
The rest……
It still baffles me how you can assume anyone changed drastically by add 1/2 players in a team game. Btw Express has still not beaten igloo even after adding probably 10 new kids last year . Do they just continue to be a top team because of the name?

They tied Igloo this season so to think Igloo is better is a joke. They are a top team because they win 75% of their games and play a very difficult schedule. This guy will be the only person shocked when Igloo’s best players try to leave for 91/Express next year and the year after.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
1) What happened to 91 Empire, seems they lost a lot this year.
2) Rebels once again proves its all about parent/coach relationships and not skill.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The Igloo dad is painful. Guessing his son barely sees the field. This conversation has little bearing on him, his son will not be able to switch teams and will be stuck with Tony Tantrums.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
2) Rebels once again proves its all about parent/coach relationships and not skill.

Rebels team seems to have added a lot of skill… time will tell only about 6 teams that can compete this year… decent parity though

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Rebels team seems to have added a lot of skill… time will tell only about 6 teams that can compete this year… decent parity though

The Rebels are not competing.

LI teams actually competing are 91/Express/Igloo/Mooselax

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

#2 it’s about that huh? Nothing about your sons happiness or well being, just make sure you and coaches have a great relationship. Got it. I’ll pass that wisdom to my sons club directors.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

If the Rebels got their east kids and the 91 empire guys I a hearing they will definitely be very solid.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

If the Rebels got their east kids and the 91 empire guys I a hearing they will definitely be very solid.

Stop. Please.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Rebels could bring their National Team and they wouldn’t win a game at the Qualifiers. Agree with the above, please stop. I’m sure it’s a nice place to play, but the program just cant compete at the top level no matter how many teams they combine. 91 and Express will be the only teams to qualify. Igloo is poorly run and Moose has never been to qualifiers. Both are long shots.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Don't forget 10 teams qualify. I think more then 2 LI teams will qualify.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Not forgetting, just recalling past history. 2028 group was much stronger than the 2029 group and only 3 teams qualified from LI. 91 won the qualifiers and Express lost in Quarters. Legacy made it in, but by the skin of their teeth. Legacy went on to have an extremely dismal experience at the WS. Express and 91 did well but both failed. Point is, Igloo and Moose have a tough road ahead, and both lack the depth required to compete. You have to take into account the Westchester, CT and Mass teams, all of whom will cheat and bring kids from all over, a method LI teams do not practice. We wish Igloo and Moose luck, but its going to be an uphill battle.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
World Series will be interesting and may tell us something about Igloo, Moose, 91 and Express. They are all on par with one another but the World Series should tell us if they are all really good or they just seemed good because they are normally just compared to each other.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Not forgetting, just recalling past history. 2028 group was much stronger than the 2029 group and only 3 teams qualified from LI. 91 won the qualifiers and Express lost in Quarters. Legacy made it in, but by the skin of their teeth. Legacy went on to have an extremely dismal experience at the WS. Express and 91 did well but both failed. Point is, Igloo and Moose have a tough road ahead, and both lack the depth required to compete. You have to take into account the Westchester, CT and Mass teams, all of whom will cheat and bring kids from all over, a method LI teams do not practice. We wish Igloo and Moose luck, but its going to be an uphill battle.

I don't really have an opinion on this but I think it's worth pointing out that the 2028 class from LI only has 1 team ranked in the top 20 (and only 3 in the top 50!). The 2029 class has 4 in the top 20. I get that the rankings are far from perfect but I question the premise that the 2028 group was much stronger. At least by that metric, the 2028 class is the weakest in years.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
2029’s are also a year behind. Let’s see where they rank next year. Also 2 of the 4 teams rarely play down south against the MD DC VA teams. Let’s see their records when they have to face top teams in qualifiers and WS IF they make it. Going to take some losses I can assure you!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
2029’s are also a year behind. Let’s see where they rank next year. Also 2 of the 4 teams rarely play down south against the MD DC VA teams. Let’s see their records when they have to face top teams in qualifiers and WS IF they make it. Going to take some losses I can assure you!

They all played down south. All 4 of them were at NAL & Tristar. Express & 91 did NLF events. And Mooselax went to Md for the Pinnacle event. Igloo had the only suspect tournament playing B/C teams at Hershey. But I doubt you’ll see them go there again. They all played good teams at the top of the rankings.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

100% correct. I’m a 2028 parent. Huge disparity between the competition you faced this year verses next year. I’m not sure how the holdback/reclass thing will play out for your year considering the recent rule changes. Hopefully your children will not have to face a bunch of teams stacked with them. It’s not fun.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Any recommendations for manhasset area teams?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Recommendations for what?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I'm assuming you're looking for a recommendation for a club team in the Manhasset area? Has your son played club before? What are you looking to get out of it and how competitive are you looking for it to be?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Just join the same club team that all your Manhasset friend’s kids play for. Strength in numbers, you get practices when and where you want as well as starting time or else half the team leaves for another club.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Just join the same club team that all your Manhasset friend’s kids play for. Strength in numbers, you get practices when and where you want as well as starting time or else half the team leaves for another club.

That smells like 91 to me

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Legacy will make noise in the qualifiers. A bunch of 2028's are still eligible. Same with Rebels.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Stop! I’m laughing so hard right now…. LWSC will probably accept a 2030 team to the qualifiers before legacy and rebels.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
They tied igloo in the fall but got beat by igloo in the spring

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Lies according to USCL.com Legacy lost 10-2 then 9-2. Get your lies correct delusional Legacy Dad. Legacy is not on Igloo's level. Please check your facts and don't go off your delusional parent opinion.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Lies according to USCL.com Legacy lost 10-2 then 9-2. Get your lies correct delusional Legacy Dad. Legacy is not on Igloo's level. Please check your facts and don't go off your delusional parent opinion.
You can not compare a 13-15-1 team to Moose,Drift, Pride or Moran. Look at the records and the level of competition. Keep wasting your money or have your child tryout for one of the big 4 otherwise shut it.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You can not compare a 13-15-1 team to Moose,Drift, Pride or Moran. Look at the records and the level of competition. Keep wasting your money or have your child tryout for one of the big 4 otherwise shut it.

Insult to injury, they have highest tuition

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Stop! I’m laughing so hard right now…. LWSC will probably accept a 2030 team to the qualifiers before legacy and rebels.

First of all, you don’t get “accepted” to the qualifiers. You simply register your team and cough up the money. Secondly, why are you all obsessed with a tournament that will occur in March of 2024?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Yeh but everyone knows Igloo and Moose will lose their better players to 91 and Express every year.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

First of all, you don’t get “accepted” to the qualifiers. You simply register your team and cough up the money. Secondly, why are you all obsessed with a tournament that will occur in March of 2024?

Here is the first of many Maryland Dad’s trying to convince everyone that Age verified tournaments are terrible.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Not saying Rebels are going to be the top team. They definitely got better by combining east and Central. they also got Empires best kids along with a few from other organizations. As far as WS, they have 5-6/28's that are very good players and age eligible.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Here is the first of many Maryland Dad’s trying to convince everyone that Age verified tournaments are terrible.

Actually I’m a 2028 Long Island parent. My son played last year in the World Series. It was a great experience and what made it even better was the fact that it’s was age verified. I was simply pointing out that you do not get accepted to the qualifiers. You pay your fees and you compete for a chance to make the event.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Thanks Larry, I think the original post was taking a shot at legacy and the rebels. Its nice they can buy their way in, and even nicer for teams to keep it within 7-8 goals when playing them at the qualifiers.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Is that little Larry lies a lot?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Anyone have any feedback on shore2shore? There price is 3950 for the year but includes the winter indoor prax. Vs express with is 4400 for the year and you have to pay extra for the winter indoor prax? I do believe express has overall less practice days within the year as well.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I would worry less about money, it’s all relative. Be concerned more with the coach and their ability to teach your child the game. 1 good practice far outweighs 3 bad practices. If your son is in an environment they are learning, developing and happy, you are good and money should not be of no consequence

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Stay away from S2S - Complete money grab especially at the B level. If your kid isn't the top 13 on the roster he won't get any playing time either.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
If you want to be on a 40 kid roster Express is your choice. Only problem is S2S not very good at 29

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Stay away from S2S - Complete money grab especially at the B level. If your kid isn't the top 13 on the roster he won't get any playing time either.

That’s true of every club team.

Page 14 of 17 1 2 12 13 14 15 16 17

Link Copied to Clipboard