BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys High School Lax
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,821
Posts388,535
Members2,610
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 21 of 25 1 2 19 20 21 22 23 24 25
Re: 2022-2023 Women's DI-III College Lacrosse Season
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
BC and UF are close on paper but BC is considered a better school by employers and BC’s reputation carries farther geographically than UF’s. UF has higher level football and basketball programs but in nearly every other college experience area (except winter weather) BC is better. Boston vs Gainesville? C’mon. Everyone knows the UF program has a reputation for poor culture.

And UVA, awesome school in every way but that program is a mess and will take some fixing. No one does less with more - except maybe Duke - than Virginia.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
BC and UF are close on paper but BC is considered a better school by employers and BC’s reputation carries farther geographically than UF’s. UF has higher level football and basketball programs but in nearly every other college experience area (except winter weather) BC is better. Boston vs Gainesville? C’mon. Everyone knows the UF program has a reputation for poor culture.

And UVA, awesome school in every way but that program is a mess and will take some fixing. No one does less with more - except maybe Duke - than Virginia.

You are wrong. UF is an all around better school than BC, which is the reason it is ranked 29, and BC is quite a bit behind at 36. Duke and Virginia has lax programs comparable to UF, but Duke far ahead academically

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You can point to whatever metrics you choose; BC is a better school, much more difficult to get into. But, if you want to attend a school w 80k kids (w/ an acceptance rate over 30%) enjoy, I wish you the best!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You can point to whatever metrics you choose; BC is a better school, much more difficult to get into. But, if you want to attend a school w 80k kids (w/ an acceptance rate over 30%) enjoy, I wish you the best!

Actually I would rather my daughter attend a top ten school, which is why she is. But UF higher ranked than BC. Those are just facts.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You clowns can argue all you want, both are good schools.
Regardless of your idiotic opinions, the girls are now at BC and I wish them nothing but success. Similarly, I hope UVA and UF finds opportunity for other players.
Get over yourselves

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Actually I would rather my daughter attend a top ten school, which is why she is. But UF higher ranked than BC. Those are just facts.
Can you clarify...top 10 academically or top 10 lacrosse?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I’ll tell you what’s not better…UF’s lax program. The young ladies wanted an opportunity to win the Chip; if you don’t like it (because your daughter couldn’t do the same), get over it. You are embarrassing yourself being critical of the decision these young ladies have made.
Jealousy and envy aren’t healthy

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

You can have both….it’s called Northwestern, otherwise you’re sacrificing one or the other

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
If I am to believe your daughter goes top ten, not easy to do, I wonder why so bitter? Enjoy the success she has achieved, in spite of the vitriol that envelopes you. These young ladies made a decision that doesn’t involve you, it’s necessary to attack them?! Yikes

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
If I am to believe your daughter goes top ten, not easy to do, I wonder why so bitter? Enjoy the success she has achieved, in spite of the vitriol that envelopes you. These young ladies made a decision that doesn’t involve you, it’s necessary to attack them?! Yikes

Who’s bitter? There are lots of reasons why girls pick school, and why schools pick girls. For some lacrosse is a priority, for some it’s academics, and others it’s both. My only point is that Florida is a higher ranked school that BC. BC is better at lacrosse. Others are better at both.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Lolololol

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

You are wrong. UF is an all around better school than BC, which is the reason it is ranked 29, and BC is quite a bit behind at 36. Duke and Virginia has lax programs comparable to UF, but Duke far ahead academically

Duke is comparable to UF? Duke was dreadful last year and they lost their draw girl.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Duke is comparable to UF? Duke was dreadful last year and they lost their draw girl.

Duke plays in the ACC, UF plays nobody. Racking up points in a weak conference is not the same as playing top competition. Duke is comparable to UF, but a much better academic school. UVA also comparable.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
UF is not a better school than BC, period. You can point to the rankings all you want, they’re meaningless, truly. If you had children that went to faith-based schools or even applied, you would know why/how they get dinged in those arbitrary rankings. I didn’t even attend BC, but am quite familiar w the process. If, by chance, you do have college-aged children, you’re simply being obtuse

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
All of this because a couple of young ladies made a decision to go play at BC…bananas. Let the ladies love their lives, enjoy their seasons and see how it all plays out.
BC is a great school. UF is a great school. That’s it.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
All of this because a couple of young ladies made a decision to go play at BC…bananas. Let the ladies love their lives, enjoy their seasons and see how it all plays out.
BC is a great school. UF is a great school. That’s it.
You must be a big Lebron fan , I prefer Jordan.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Too bad your daughter is Harold Miner

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Impressive reference! "Baby Jordan"... love a call-back to the good old days, and love the whimsical tidbits on here that make me smile... so much better than the vitriol...

Very creative and very appropriate... kudos to you, Sir or Madame... keep 'em coming

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Impressive reference! "Baby Jordan"... love a call-back to the good old days, and love the whimsical tidbits on here that make me smile... so much better than the vitriol...

Very creative and very appropriate... kudos to you, Sir or Madame... keep 'em coming
Yes so creative bringing the posters daughter into the conversation . My daughter was actually a 3 time IWLCA AA ( 4 time media AA which honestly is a bit of a joke . Never won a national championship but never considered leaving her team and friends to ride on the coattails of others . If you think these players transferred to BC for any reason other than having a better chance at a national title you are ill informed .

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Your daughter’s success doesn’t validate your perspective, but thank you for the resume…
Here is the point, I’ll keep it as succinct at possible…who cares? I take umbrage w/anyone that disparages these young women for making a decision. They are not quitters; they are not selfish; they are athletes.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Let’s see what happens. Human nature to keep striving for better. Climbing the ladder. But….sometimes the grass isn’t greener. I think if it was my daughter it would be a tough decision, especially if things don’t work out the way the way you hoped

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Yes so creative bringing the posters daughter into the conversation . My daughter was actually a 3 time IWLCA AA ( 4 time media AA which honestly is a bit of a joke . Never won a national championship but never considered leaving her team and friends to ride on the coattails of others . If you think these players transferred to BC for any reason other than having a better chance at a national title you are ill informed .
At the end of the day, why does it bother you what OTHERS chose to do? If it's not your daughter, then don't worry about it. How do you know they weren't being recruited form BC from the beginning but made another choice and regret it? You have no clue why they made the decision, so stop speculating and be more concerned about your own daughter.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Love anonymous posts who make fun of other poster’s daughters. Then they add stuff about don’t worry what other kids do.

They 100% are looking for a chance to play for a National Championship l. And right now that’s in the rules. So nothing wrong with that.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

At the end of the day, why does it bother you what OTHERS chose to do? If it's not your daughter, then don't worry about it. How do you know they weren't being recruited form BC from the beginning but made another choice and regret it? You have no clue why they made the decision, so stop speculating and be more concerned about your own daughter.

I don’t think anyone is worried, or cares that much. Good chance the girls won’t even play much. The spot has to be earned and there is stiff competition. It’s just a discussion, it’s not like we’re talking about a Charlotte North here. Mom needs to calm down, not that deep

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]Too bad your daughter is Harold Miner

I don’t think anyone is worried, or cares that much. Good chance the girls won’t even play much. The spot has to be earned and there is stiff competition. It’s just a discussion, it’s not like we’re talking about a Charlotte North here. Mom needs to calm down, not that deep[/quote

Now this is a silly comment. BC has two attack spots open after Medjid and Weeks graduate and you think there is a good chance that 2 AA transfers wont play much. They start on day #1. Same is likely true of the AA defensive player from Florida. We are talking about elite AA players with 2 years of experience and a proven track record.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I don’t think anyone is worried, or cares that much. Good chance the girls won’t even play much. The spot has to be earned and there is stiff competition. It’s just a discussion, it’s not like we’re talking about a Charlotte North here. Mom needs to calm down, not that deep[/quote

Now this is a silly comment. BC has two attack spots open after Medjid and Weeks graduate and you think there is a good chance that 2 AA transfers wont play much. They start on day #1. Same is likely true of the AA defensive player from Florida. We are talking about elite AA players with 2 years of experience and a proven track record.

Absolutely true and if the 2022 or 2023 commits thought they were going to play due to the players that graduated that's not going to happen now.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

In a weak conference. ACC competition very different. Will be interesting. Like going from a B team to an A team

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

In a weak conference. ACC competition very different. Will be interesting. Like going from a B team to an A team

==== "In a weak conference. ACC competition very different. Will be interesting. Like going from a B team to an A team." ====

The above statement is just more nonsense.

Yes, the ACC is a stronger conference. However, in 2023 Florida competed against 9 teams that finished the Season ranked in the Top 25.

- 5 vs Top 10.

- 8 vs Top 15.

- 9 vs Top 25.

Just took a quick look and one of the transfers did just fine vs very good competition.

Time will tell but wishing the best for all parties.

To each her own.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

That’s the exact difference between our posts , I do have a clue while you are clueless . Just ask the players who transferred and they will tell you they transferred because they want to win a national title , no other reason . It bothers me because these women made a commitment to their schools and teammates and did not see it thru . It bothers me because high school players make life altering decisions based on their best guess as to potential playing time and a coaches commitment level to them and these coaches that consistently stack their teams with talent produced elsewhere are not living up to what they have told many of these in coming players .

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Let’s face the facts. 12.6 scholarships is not reality.

-division 3 players who were given 2 extra CoVid years are using the ruling in D1…it was d3 rule. Go back to D3 and use your extra year. I guess if equality give others extra year.

- not new. But schools have many other scholarships area to pull from not only Academic. They have hardship, religious beliefs etc… that can fund a Student Athlete.

NCAA has lost control hence why you’re seeing the Big schools with Football and Basketball coming together to form 3 or 2 major conferences. Which will be regionally split into divisions-sound like pro model. The future.

Be happy non revenue will ride coattails.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

That’s the exact difference between our posts , I do have a clue while you are clueless . Just ask the players who transferred and they will tell you they transferred because they want to win a national title , no other reason . It bothers me because these women made a commitment to their schools and teammates and did not see it thru . It bothers me because high school players make life altering decisions based on their best guess as to potential playing time and a coaches commitment level to them and these coaches that consistently stack their teams with talent produced elsewhere are not living up to what they have told many of these in coming players .
Unfortunately this has become part of the game

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Every school is doing it; every coach at the college level is doing it. Kudos to your daughter for sticking it out all 4yrs (which I assume allows you the soapbox), but things change. Coaches make different plans, girls change their minds and/or see better opportunities…it’s called college athletics.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

You honestly just sounded very bitter while being on your high horse.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Not the original poster. It is part of the game. But that doesn’t mean you have to like it. It does [Censored] for the kids that think they are getting playing time and all of a sudden an AA comes transferring in. It’s happening on other schools as well. Not just D1. D2 teams are dealing with this as well. It’s the rule. maybe the kids should be going to a school they know their playing time won’t be snatched away by another player transferring in. I do t like it. Worried for my daughter but it is what it is. It’s not going away.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

You honestly just sounded very bitter while being on your high horse.

You honestly just sounded like someone who cannot debate an issue without personal attacks which is generally an indicator of a lack of knowledge. Not attacking these girls personally at all just the system and honestly the coaches that show no loyalty to their players who have showed them and their teammates loyalty. These coaches talk of how the team is a family when recruiting these kids and then turn their backs on them.Its not bitterness , my kid is done playing .

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
So you have a problem w the coaches, the young ladies, the system and the schools…but everyone else is clueless? Got it

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
So you have a problem w the coaches, the young ladies, the system and the schools…but everyone else is clueless? Got it
So again you have nothing to add to the conversation . You are obviously one of those people who are too flaccid to speak up when you see something wrong with a system or just too ignorant to have a position . I also have issues with the pro league having different teams each week , they have made it an individual sport not a team sport .

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
My position couldn’t be clearer - it’s happening, there’s nothing you can do about it, so stop whining.
You are the proverbial old man yelling at clouds.
In a perfect world, no athlete transfers and every recruit earns an opportunity to play; we don’t live in a perfect world. GET OVER IT!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
So again you have nothing to add to the conversation . You are obviously one of those people who are too flaccid to speak up when you see something wrong with a system or just too ignorant to have a position . I also have issues with the pro league having different teams each week , they have made it an individual sport not a team sport .

==== "they have made it an individual sport not a team sport ." ====

Now you are onto something. ;-)

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
My position couldn’t be clearer - it’s happening, there’s nothing you can do about it, so stop whining.
You are the proverbial old man yelling at clouds.
In a perfect world, no athlete transfers and every recruit earns an opportunity to play; we don’t live in a perfect world. GET OVER IT!

Wow, great position , it’s happening so leave it alone . You must be okay with our daughters being forced to change with and compete against fully intact men as that is “ happening” also. I will take the old man yelling at clouds over the lemming running off a cliff ( yes I am aware it’s just a saying ). You are correct there may be nothing I can do about it but you never know , I for one am glad Riley Gaines is trying to make a difference .

Like Reply Quote
Page 21 of 25 1 2 19 20 21 22 23 24 25
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Link Copied to Clipboard