BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,821
Posts388,728
Members2,610
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 65 of 72 1 2 63 64 65 66 67 71 72
Re: Boys 2027 Grads - Mid Atlantic Region
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Random question. Are there still strong alignments between clubs and MIAA schools?

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Did True Chesapeake disband?

Disband? Implode? [Censored] the bed?

My kid is looking here and now I am second guessing it. I know the guy in Illinois has a divisive reputation. The local people do as well?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[

My kid is looking here and now I am second guessing it. I know the guy in Illinois has a divisive reputation. The local people do as well?

Everyone has to make their own assessment, our experience is they only care about your payments.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
How is it possible FCA fielded 2 teams? Their team this year was only marginal compared to the area teams.

Breakers and True Baltimore.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[

You should see the 2028 thread...

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[

Everyone has to make their own assessment, our experience is they only care about your payments.

Our experience was similar. It's the Globo Gym of lax.
Where are you located? There are some good options out there.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[

See how many clubs let you play for free. It's a transaction.

IMHO bigger questions are transparency and value. How is this club team going to elevate my son's skill, Lax IQ, exposure, and his love for the game?

If it were me I'd have to believe the coach at True was highly interested in my kid. Otherwise no.

The True products in MD will:
1. Offer tons of workouts.....some worthwhile, some not
2. Offer some state or national opportunities to some players, for a fee
3. Never hesitate to replace an experienced coach w a 23 year old, w no explanation
4. Offer no refunds ever.
5. Be very eager to fly in LI kids to add to your roster
6. Commit roster violations at events.. accident or otherwise, it's a True trend.
7. Collapse and rebrand teams with no notice. Sorry Johnny you're on True Richmond now!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Apparently the folks over at the Moose in Glen Burnie are trying real hard to keep their gravy train rolling, sending out an email about "Auxiliary Tryouts" for True Chesapeake at all age groups (2024 - 2034) and announcing new full time staff and coaches which brings the total number of paid employees in Maryland to (checks notes) 4,325. Oh and they don't care if you just made a team. #WePoachMore

642 of them being directors.

Does the Moose serve Nyquil on the rocks?

Brutal. Accurate but brutal.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[

Worth noting that (at least) the 27 team doesn’t have a single returning player.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Thanks for sharing experiences!

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
]

Worth noting that (at least) the 27 team doesn’t have a single returning player.[/quote]

Wow

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[

IMHO bigger questions are transparency and value. How is this club team going to elevate my son's skill, Lax IQ, exposure, and his love for the game?

If it were me I'd have to believe the coach at True was highly interested in my kid. Otherwise no.

3. Never hesitate to replace an experienced coach w a 23 year old, w no explanation
6. Commit roster violations at events.. accident or otherwise, it's a True trend.
7. Collapse and rebrand teams with no notice. Sorry Johnny you're on True Richmond now!

Good summary, but your forgot to mention cramming 4-6 teams onto one field for practice, so they run line drills for 90 minutes. I am sure that there are some kids on some True team somewhere in the country that are having a good experience, but the vast majority are having a bad experience, and the good ones are likely to turn bad soon. The program is doing too many things wrong and cutting too many corners. Even a well run, well coached team that is doing all the right things is still going to have a lot of unhappy customers. It is the nature of competitive travel sports. every family wants the best experience for their son/daughter, but it is a zero sum game (playing time, winning/losing, etc) and it is impossible for everyone to be happy. So from that starting point, think about a program like True that is a nationwide chain trying to make money any way it can, and has a bad reputation spreading like wildfire, run by shady characters, in a business that is shady to begin with. what could possibly go wrong? I can practically guarantee your son will not have a good experience on True. can any parent from any True team, at any age level, any state/region, reply that their son has been on a True team for several years, is getting good coaching, and is really happy with the overall experience? Even the "bad" programs like MadLax have plenty of families who are happy there. Not so much with True.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[

Good summary, but your forgot to mention cramming 4-6 teams onto one field for practice, so they run line drills for 90 minutes. I am sure that there are some kids on some True team somewhere in the country that are having a good experience, but the vast majority are having a bad experience, and the good ones are likely to turn bad soon. The program is doing too many things wrong and cutting too many corners. Even a well run, well coached team that is doing all the right things is still going to have a lot of unhappy customers. It is the nature of competitive travel sports. every family wants the best experience for their son/daughter, but it is a zero sum game (playing time, winning/losing, etc) and it is impossible for everyone to be happy. So from that starting point, think about a program like True that is a nationwide chain trying to make money any way it can, and has a bad reputation spreading like wildfire, run by shady characters, in a business that is shady to begin with. what could possibly go wrong? I can practically guarantee your son will not have a good experience on True. can any parent from any True team, at any age level, any state/region, reply that their son has been on a True team for several years, is getting good coaching, and is really happy with the overall experience? Even the "bad" programs like MadLax have plenty of families who are happy there. Not so much with True.

Our experience with True is that their players do not improve for the simple reason that True doesn't coach. Their philosophy is simply more reps = skill improvement w/o coaching or correction. That is if your son has bad shooting mechanics, no one at True is going to help them fix the underlying fundamentals, rather just tell them "hey, go take 100 shots and you'll figure it out". True is a waste of time, money and effort.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[

Our experience with True is that their players do not improve for the simple reason that True doesn't coach. Their philosophy is simply more reps = skill improvement w/o coaching or correction. That is if your son has bad shooting mechanics, no one at True is going to help them fix the underlying fundamentals, rather just tell them "hey, go take 100 shots and you'll figure it out". True is a waste of time, money and effort.

Exactly this!!!

Go check out the 2028 thread to see what kind of response your from the co-founder when you simply choose to move on after expectations are unmet. A real piece of work, that one.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[

Exactly this!!!

Go check out the 2028 thread to see what kind of response your from the co-founder when you simply choose to move on after expectations are unmet. A real piece of work, that one.

I would love to hear from just one family who is having a good experience on a True team. Tell us which team, how long your son has been on the team, why you chose True, and what you like about it.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[

To be fair, out of 40? Hoco club teams in this age group, you might find 10 at most who would take time on a players shooting mechanics. But yeah, True's random coaches are surely not them.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[

The model works fine in the Midwest. Different style of lacrosse. Lower level skill (the average lax player in MD plays AA Hoco, the average player in OH or IL would play B or C). No skill coaches to point out how bad the club coaching is. No Kyle Harrisons or Predators to compete with Trues social media. Few parents willing to try teams multiple states away.

They succeed because everything is different. The sooner they move their snake oil wagon out of MD, the better.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[

Exactly this!!!

I would love to hear from just one family who is having a good experience on a True team. Tell us which team, how long your son has been on the team, why you chose True, and what you like about it.

That ship has sailed. True had a few good teams and structure at beginning,,,,no more.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[

Exactly this!!!

That ship has sailed. True had a few good teams and structure at beginning,,,,no more.

Now they are trying to sell it on Long Island with a questionable director in an already saturated market. don’t know any kids that tried out.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Parents seem to have taken notice in MD

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Has anyone heard who VLC is doing setting up a 2027 team?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
BLC does not have a 2027 team.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
BLC does not have a 2027 team.

It's VLC not BLC and yes. I believe VLC is trying to get a 2027 team back. They didn't have one this past year.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Who is running vlc now? Who is bobkat90 email?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
A former Cavaliers mom

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
A former Cavaliers mom

So this iteration won’t last long. Hammers, TC, even NL could try even though they failed with the PG County thing. Even one of the good rec clubs could try and step up like blc does it in md

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I heard True Chesapeake is only 29 and below now. Did the 27 team survive or there's only one team now?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Pretty sure the 26s survived. There may be a 2027 team this year but it will be a AA level team at best.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Pretty sure the 26s survived. There may be a 2027 team this year but it will be a AA level team at best.

Keep the faith. They are offering the seventh round of tryouts now.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
When should this class start going to some showcases? My guess is Soph year? Then JR year the recruiting goes more full swing? How do you navigate all the bs showcases as opposed to the good ones.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
They are all bs showcases
For every 1 good one, there are 9 lousy ones.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
When should this class start going to some showcases? My guess is Soph year? Then JR year the recruiting goes more full swing? How do you navigate all the bs showcases as opposed to the good ones.

This is a very difficult questions to answer anonymously. We don’t know what club or high school your kid plays for and if he gets real minutes on those teams. We also don’t know his grades or what schools he’s looking to attend. If he’s on one of the stronger teams and gets minutes he may not need any of the prospect days because he gets enough exposure.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The Crabs goalie? I think he landed at ProStart.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Crabs cleaned house.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[Censored]

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
There isn’t a whole lot of 27 talent out there. I’m not sure where they got all the replacements from.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
There isn’t a whole lot of 27 talent out there. I’m not sure where they got all the replacements from.

OK

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

OK

Goalie came from True Chesapeake.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

OK

I thought that goalie went to the Hawks.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

OK

I thought that goalie went to the Hawks.

One to Hawks, one to Crabs.

Like Reply Quote
Page 65 of 72 1 2 63 64 65 66 67 71 72
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Link Copied to Clipboard