BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
Boys High School Lax
by Anonymous -
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,821
Posts388,553
Members2,610
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 102 of 112 1 2 100 101 102 103 104 111 112
Re: Girls 2027 Grads - Mid Atlantic Region
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
where did the new M&D girl come from?

She’s from California. Hearing she’s the top player in the country at her age group. Flying in for games. Her parents wanted her to play on the #1 club team in the U.S.

Probably the most moronic post in a while. And that's saying something coming from a message board where most posts are moronic

She's from BLC

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

She’s from California. Hearing she’s the top player in the country at her age group. Flying in for games. Her parents wanted her to play on the #1 club team in the U.S.

If it's #16 from Alliance, then M&D just got a lot better. Thought she was easily the best player at Mid-Atlantic. And she is an even better passer than shooter, so she won't create an alpha dog problem.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

If it's #16 from Alliance, then M&D just got a lot better. Thought she was easily the best player at Mid-Atlantic. And she is an even better passer than shooter, so she won't create an alpha dog problem.

Nope not going to M&D

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Wouldn’t that mean she wants to play on Heros then ?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Nope, heard she is going to Aces. They are paying for her flights.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

M&D is 7-3 in the last 10 games against Heros #ownsthem

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

They are the two best team for a reason. Only a troll would type something so notIntelligent.

Sorry your daughter's team couldn't compete with either one of them.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
🥱

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

They are the two best team for a reason. Only a troll would type something so notIntelligent.

Sorry your daughter's team couldn't compete with either one of them.
Why is that always the go to -“sorry your daughter did t compete”, “sorry your daughter got cut”, “sorry your daughter isn’t good enough”? Can you come up with a better comeback? Or pounding your chest is good for you? Get a life!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Local teams rankings for 2023-2024

1) Hero's Green
They are deep and strong and have the best scoring in the age group

2) M&D Black
The top defense, they capitalize on every mistake

3) MD United
Great middies and an offense that moves the ball with many scorers

4) Capital
Could be top 3, added great talent but not sure how deep with some BLC players not going there

5) Coppermine
They are gritty and won't back down and just added more talent. They are the Navy football of girl's lax.

6) Skywalkers Blue
By my count, its 21 new players since the 2021 spring season concluded. They could be in the top-10 mix.

7) Hero's White
The top of the next tier, I think they can be a top-25 team, they are well coached, just too many TOs.

8) Pride Red
They lost a ton of talent this offseason, not sure how they will look.

9) M&D Shore
They are a poor man's Coppermine, won't back down, but their schedule is really weak.

10) Integrity
Lost one of their top scorers, but have some solid players

11) NEMS
ITs been a long drop since they top-10 in the nation a few years ago.

12) Renegades
Lack of depth hurts

13) CCLax
The talent that left wasn't replaced

Will be interesting to see how HS teams change these club teams.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

1) Hero's Green

2) M&D Black

3) MD United

4) Capital
Could be top 3, added great talent but not sure how deep with some BLC players not going there

5) Coppermine
They are gritty and won't back down and just added more talent. They are the Navy football of girl's lax.

6) Skywalkers Blue
By my count, its 21 new players since the 2021 spring season concluded. They could be in the top-10 mix.

7) Hero's White
The top of the next tier, I think they can be a top-25 team, they are well coached, just too many TOs.

8) Pride Red

9) M&D Shore
They are a poor man's Coppermine, won't back down, but their schedule is really weak.

10) Integrity

11) NEMS

12) Renegades
Lack of depth hurts

13) CCLax

For the most part, I would say the rankings are accurate. You could probably make an argument for flip-flopping top 2. But really they are so close it's more 1 and 1A. But tying into your reasonings, Hero's upgraded their D with a talented player. M&D upgraded their middie line with a phenomenal player. So in theory, those 2 teams are now even stronger. There is zero chance anyone overtakes these 2 teams

MDU is again going to be solid. Only caveat is if Capital has enough talent from day one to overtake them for 3 spot.

5 and 6 are interchangeable. Both good teams. The comment about top 10 seems far fetched for SW. Adding good talent doesn't make you a top 10 team. Adding great talent does. Not sure they added needle movers. But obviously they knew and felt how bad the program had gotten. Since they have basically turned over the whole roster.

7 on down is a [Censored]-shoot. Although I do like Hero's White coaching and they still have a couple of strong pieces.

Have a safe summer everyone. Rest up. Get ready for an exciting fall tournament slate.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

1) Hero's Green

2) M&D Black

3) MD United

4) Capital

5) Coppermine

6) Skywalkers Blue

7) Hero's White

8) Pride Red

9) M&D Shore

10) Integrity

11) NEMS

12) Renegades
Lack of depth hurts

13) CCLax

FYI Renegades is no longer. They packed up and moved to 3D.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

1) Hero's Green

2) M&D Black

3) MD United

4) Capital

5) Coppermine

6) Skywalkers Blue

7) Hero's White

8) Pride Red

9) M&D Shore

10) Integrity

11) NEMS

12) Renegades
Lack of depth hurts

13) CCLax

1. M&D Black
2. Heros Green
3. MDU

The rest is probably up for grabs at this point and we won't really know until the end of the fall season.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

1) Hero's Green

2) M&D Black

3) MD United

4) Capital

5) Coppermine

6) Skywalkers Blue

7) Hero's White

8) Pride Red

9) M&D Shore

10) Integrity

11) NEMS

12) Renegades
Lack of depth hurts

13) CCLax

For the most part, I would say the rankings are accurate. You could probably make an argument for flip-flopping top 2. But really they are so close it's more 1 and 1A. But tying into your reasonings, Hero's upgraded their D with a talented player. M&D upgraded their middie line with a phenomenal player. So in theory, those 2 teams are now even stronger. There is zero chance anyone overtakes these 2 teams

MDU is again going to be solid. Only caveat is if Capital has enough talent from day one to overtake them for 3 spot.

5 and 6 are interchangeable. Both good teams. The comment about top 10 seems far fetched for SW. Adding good talent doesn't make you a top 10 team. Adding great talent does. Not sure they added needle movers. But obviously they knew and felt how bad the program had gotten. Since they have basically turned over the whole roster.

7 on down is a [Censored]-shoot. Although I do like Hero's White coaching and they still have a couple of strong pieces.

Have a safe summer everyone. Rest up. Get ready for an exciting fall tournament slate.

Much pretty agree with top 7, though I think eventually Capital will be much better than MDU, but anyone who's been around knows they take a year to gel. Stars should be 8 since they picked up most of the Pride girls who didn't make Capital

Think Shore will be the best of the rest and then probably CCLax (who actually picked up a lot of talent), Integrity and M&D Red (who pretty much turned over its roster and got the stars from lots of B teams).

Pride and NEMS will both be lucky to be ranked in the top 80. The Pride team is basically a combo of last year's Pride White team and Pride Loudon teams.

Don't know anything about Renegades except they have the worst parents in Mid-Atlantic lacrosse.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Any predictions for American Select?

Does Long Island Black cruise since it is basically a club team? Is Maryland Yellow actually better than Maryland Red? Will GA cruise out of an easy group?

My Picks

Quarterfinals
Long Island Black over Georgia
California over MD Red
DC over Midwest
MD Yellow over Jersey

Semis
Long Island over Cali
MD Yellow over DC

Final
Long Island over MD Yellow

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Does Long Island Black cruise since it is basically a club team? Is Maryland Yellow actually better than Maryland Red? Will GA cruise out of an easy group?

My Picks

Quarterfinals
California over MD Red
DC over Midwest
MD Yellow over Jersey

Semis
Long Island over Cali
MD Yellow over DC

Final

I'll trust your picks. As I have no idea who's even participating. I remember some rhetoric about a lot of top players choosing not to play. But not sure if any particular teams are stacked.

Good luck to whomever is participating

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

My Picks

Quarterfinals
California over MD Red
DC over Midwest
MD Yellow over Jersey

Semis
Long Island over Cali
MD Yellow over DC

Final

I'll trust your picks. As I have no idea who's even participating. I remember some rhetoric about a lot of top players choosing not to play. But not sure if any particular teams are stacked.

Good luck to whomever is participating

Lots of supposed "controversy" at tryouts. Lots of M&D players didn't make scrimmages. A few top players are on Yellow (B team)

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

My Picks

Quarterfinals
California over MD Red
DC over Midwest
MD Yellow over Jersey

Semis
Long Island over Cali
MD Yellow over DC

Final

This is the B team bracket correct? Or do they all mix them up?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
AS- looking at the makeup of the teams and have to question evaluations keeping in mind some girls may have had a bad day. HG is clearly the top 1 or 2 with M&D because they are made up of the some of the best players in the area I thought. So is it the girls or coaching in each of these situations because only 3HG & 3 M&D Black made the Red Team while 6 SW made it. So does SW have better players but their coaching/ system lack due to current performance or is there more than performances that determine teams? Now the Yellow Team or B I was told has 5 HG, 2 M&D and only 1 SW. Any insight?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
AS- looking at the makeup of the teams and have to question evaluations keeping in mind some girls may have had a bad day. HG is clearly the top 1 or 2 with M&D because they are made up of the some of the best players in the area I thought. So is it the girls or coaching in each of these situations because only 3HG & 3 M&D Black made the Red Team while 6 SW made it. So does SW have better players but their coaching/ system lack due to current performance or is there more than performances that determine teams? Now the Yellow Team or B I was told has 5 HG, 2 M&D and only 1 SW. Any insight?

As a WHOLE, HG and M&D Black are the best teams. But to think that there are not girls out there on other teams who are just as good, if not better, than girls on those two teams is notIntelligent.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
How are these teams selected? Here's what the rosters show for the 27s and 28s by position.
27 Red: 2 Goalies 7 Attack 5 Defense 8 Midfield
27 Yell: 3 Goalies 8 Attack 6 Defense 5 Midfield
28: 2 Goalies 5 Attack 3 Defense 11 Midfield

I would have expected a more balanced spread: 2 Goalies, 6 Attack, 6 Midfield, 6 Defense.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

My Picks

Quarterfinals
California over MD Red
DC over Midwest
MD Yellow over Jersey

Semis
Long Island over Cali
MD Yellow over DC

Final

This is the B team bracket correct? Or do they all mix them up?

Similar to tourneys, this is a weighted bracket. Top teams in white bracket, worst in black. MD Red, DC/VA is in White Bracket (best), MD Yellow in Blue bracket (3rd best out of 4)

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
How are these teams selected? Here's what the rosters show for the 27s and 28s by position.
27 Red: 2 Goalies 7 Attack 5 Defense 8 Midfield
27 Yell: 3 Goalies 8 Attack 6 Defense 5 Midfield
28: 2 Goalies 5 Attack 3 Defense 11 Midfield

I would have expected a more balanced spread: 2 Goalies, 6 Attack, 6 Midfield, 6 Defense.

Outside of goalies, it was made clear the tryouts were not position specific. Evaluators were told to pick the best 18 field players.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

One of the HG girls on yellow is a 28, but the rest is accurate

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

As a WHOLE, HG and M&D Black are the best teams. But to think that there are not girls out there on other teams who are just as good, if not better, than girls on those two teams is notIntelligent.

Actually, 95-99% of the best talent in the area was comprised of 3 teams. BLC being the other. Now BLC players have scattered. So in theory, yes, there are a few top players not playing on those 2 teams. Although 2 of BLC best ended up on Hero's and M&D.

If you made "all-star" teams outside of Hero's and M&D and played them with the best 20 you could find, you still wouldn't beat either one of them. Those 2 teams are that good.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Why is therea 28 goalie on a 2027 team? Three goalies on one team is absurd.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
If there are 6 SW players on this red team. This selection process is indeed flawed. If you would have mentioned them on the "B" team it would be a surprise.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Look at the 2028 players last name and the coaches last name and you will have your answer!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I've read posters use the word nonintelligent. This post is the most intelligent. The best girls are on those three now 2 teams. To get a true "all star" team take the best 14 girls from the top two teams and have invites to fill the final 8 spots. At this point coaches know who has or not. That would be a true best of the best for the Mid Atlantic.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Look at the 2028 players last name and the coaches last name and you will have your answer!

Well isn't that interesting...Considering the 2027 HG Goalie did not make a team. She is considered one of the better goalies in the Mid Atlantic. Lets hope this is an error with the AS website.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Actually, 95-99% of the best talent in the area was comprised of 3 teams. BLC being the other. Now BLC players have scattered. So in theory, yes, there are a few top players not playing on those 2 teams. Although 2 of BLC best ended up on Hero's and M&D.

If you made "all-star" teams outside of Hero's and M&D and played them with the best 20 you could find, you still wouldn't beat either one of them. Those 2 teams are that good.

I've read posters use the word nonintelligent. This post is the most intelligent. The best girls are on those three now 2 teams. To get a true "all star" team take the best 14 girls from the top two teams and have invites to fill the final 8 spots. At this point coaches know who has or not. That would be a true best of the best for the Mid Atlantic.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I recommend you go look at the rankings, and look up some of the scores of their games, you’ll realize that your statement is not true.

Those two teams prob have the most depth but talent wise, several teams can compete, and have.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I recommend you go look at the rankings, and look up some of the scores of their games, you’ll realize that your statement is not true.

Those two teams prob have the most depth but talent wise, several teams can compete, and have.

In the DMV? Bethesda was the only other team that could compete. Nationally is a different story. Locally, other than Hero's and M&D beating each other, neither lost another game to a DMV opponent.

You may have a game where scores were close. But not very often. Trust me, my daughters team plays both a few times a year, it's a different level.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Capital did essentially extend offers to 10ish BLC players. That’s the starting lineup more or less. They filled the other spots with Pride and Stars girls.

False
Capital did essentially extend offers to 10ish BLC players. That’s the starting lineup more or less. They filled the other spots with Pride and Stars girls.

False

Curious to understand what the poster is alleging is false about the statement above.
I can only guess the "false" statement referred to the Capitol squad picking up the BLC starters. Honestly, that group had a hard time getting picked up across the board. They were ranked higher than their skill level. A ton came out for skywalkers and u think maybe 2 got offers for the A team. I don't think any got offers for m&d.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

In the DMV? Bethesda was the only other team that could compete. Nationally is a different story. Locally, other than Hero's and M&D beating each other, neither lost another game to a DMV opponent.

You may have a game where scores were close. But not very often. Trust me, my daughters team plays both a few times a year, it's a different level.

Games were close, ie, a chance to beat them, then you add in an “all star” team, of course they could beat them.

M&D Shore beat HG last fall as example, MDU tied them.

The idea no one could beat them locally is just a fallacy,

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Whoever made this comment has no idea what they are talking about. BLC had starters go to M&D, Heros, MD United, and a couple to Skywalkers. Others got offers to some of those teams (including M&D, Skywalkers) and decided to go to Capital Blue instead. Capital Blue got most of the remaining starters and will be a strong team.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Games were close, ie, a chance to beat them, then you add in an “all star” team, of course they could beat them.

M&D Shore beat HG last fall as example, MDU tied them.

The idea no one could beat them locally is just a fallacy,

Hero's beat Shore 11-4 and 14-2. The White team even beat Shore.

As stated. Nobody beat Hero's and M&D except each other locally. United tied Hero's once if it makes you feel better.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Ok, the United game where they tied Hero's proves my point. "Bethesda was the only other team that could compete.", obviously that is BS. Thanks.

LBC beat HG in fall of 2021 and SW lost by one in a playoff game in June, so again, that statement is [Censored].

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Ok, the United game where they tied Hero's proves my point. "Bethesda was the only other team that could compete.", obviously that is BS. Thanks.

LBC beat HG in fall of 2021 and SW lost by one in a playoff game in June, so again, that statement is [Censored].

You do realize this is 2023? Try to keep up

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

You do realize this is 2023? Try to keep up

"Bethesda was the only other team that could compete."

You sure bout that?

Page 102 of 112 1 2 100 101 102 103 104 111 112

Link Copied to Clipboard