BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys High School Lax
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,821
Posts388,540
Members2,610
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 20 of 25 1 2 18 19 20 21 22 24 25
Re: 2022-2023 Women's DI-III College Lacrosse Season
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
BC is not one do those schools that brings in tons of transfers; weird that you’d choose to attack the few girls they’re bringing in. I know one of the transfers personally (UF) and she sees this as a tremendous opportunity to extend her athletic career one more year while playing for a great coach.
Sorry your daughter didn’t get a call.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
What is everyone’s problem with the 6 v 6. Also good luck to the upcoming freshman and returning offensive players at BC who were hoping to get playing time , not going to happen. All these players who abandon their friends and teams to join already stacked teams in hope of getting an NCAA championship by riding on the backs of already established teams says a lot about their character . I get a player leaving a school because they dislike the school for certain reasons but taking the easy route to winning is pathetic.

The Lebron James way go join a super team. Also why do girls go to schools like BC and UNC knowing those schools are going to the portal for your replacement? Its not just grad students anymore BC added two top attacks good look for the recruits and existing players to get play time.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Younger girls/recruits get to face the very best in practice and earn a spot. If they can’t beat out a transfer, that’s on them. Work hard, gain experience from another year, be ready when the opportunity arises.
Stop raising snowflakes

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Younger girls/recruits get to face the very best in practice and earn a spot. If they can’t beat out a transfer, that’s on them. Work hard, gain experience from another year, be ready when the opportunity arises.
Stop raising snowflakes

And if they don’t play in games, they can redshirt and ironically do the same to someone else that was done to them. The vicious cycle continues!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
NCAA has announced rule changes thoughts?

Glad they threw out 6v6. Love the flopping and shooting space rules. Not fool about all the 1 min green card calls but the changes are easier to swallow since they rebuked the 6v6.

6v6 was added to the changes (knowing full well it would not pass) for exactly this reason.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Stop raising snowflakes

And if they don’t play in games, they can redshirt and ironically do the same to someone else that was done to them. The vicious cycle continues!

Good grief...

Looks as if the "Everybody gets a trophy attitude" is alive and well.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
BC is not one do those schools that brings in tons of transfers; weird that you’d choose to attack the few girls they’re bringing in. I know one of the transfers personally (UF) and she sees this as a tremendous opportunity to extend her athletic career one more year while playing for a great coach.

Ridiculous and clearly uninformed response .The UF transfer is not extending her athletic career by transferring in any way and to try to say that has anything to do with her decision just shows how you have no idea . My daughter was recruited by AW but have an actual conversation with many of the players that go there and not many enjoy the experience .

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Ridiculous and clearly uninformed response .The UF transfer is not extending her athletic career by transferring in any way and to try to say that has anything to do with her decision just shows how you have no idea . My daughter was recruited by AW but have an actual conversation with many of the players that go there and not many enjoy the experience .

Lol. My daughter plays for AW and the majority of the players including her love the experience. Your turn

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Wait, are you suggesting I didn’t have the conversation w the young lady? Lololol
You are a buffoon - I did. And she is excited to play lax for another year before the real world begins. Not everyone is a cantankerous POS like you. She will love her experience there and the team will be awesome! Try being less miserable, your husband will appreciate it

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Yes, clearly the transfer was done because BC is a better lacrosse team. Not to extend the career. It’s all great to play on a team like BC or Northwestern, but your daughter better not be making mistakes that cost games. Very different going from a Florida to a BC. Very short leash she will be on. Some excellent players recruited by teams such as those who have notorious reputations for being nasty (yes I know all coaches can be nasty, but they take it to another level) choose to go elsewhere for that exact reason. Making a comment like “you daughter didn’t get a call” just shows your ignorance. Transferring because you think you’re going to win a NC which is highly unlikely is silly. BC is not going to be as good moving forward. The best is seeing AW pouting face when she loses big games. Looking forward to seeing a lot of that next season!

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
AWW hates losing? She shows frustration and disappointment when her team loses?? Fire her immediately! Lol what a crock.
The young ladies love playing at BC; I know that for a fact! I’m sorry your daughter isn’t there but rooting for them to lose tells me all I need to know about you…so bitter.
I’ve read about BC’s demise on this forum for a while now and yet there they were playing for the NC and winning the ACC.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
AWW hates losing? She shows frustration and disappointment when her team loses?? Fire her immediately! Lol what a crock.
The young ladies love playing at BC; I know that for a fact! I’m sorry your daughter isn’t there but rooting for them to lose tells me all I need to know about you…so bitter.
I’ve read about BC’s demise on this forum for a while now and yet there they were playing for the NC and winning the ACC.

Loved watching that blowout in the NC. You have to show up to win. Where was the great coaching? The reason why people don’t like BC is because of the arrogance of posts like yours. Be humble and the team will be liked more. Take a lesson from Northwestern.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Arrogance? For defending the young women who represent the best in BC? For defending a coach that wins, suppers her team and does all w class?
Enjoy being a bottom-feeder

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Loved watching that blowout in the NC. You have to show up to win. Where was the great coaching? The reason why people don’t like BC is because of the arrogance of posts like yours. Be humble and the team will be liked more. Take a lesson from Northwestern.

NW humble you must be joking?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
KAH and AW have similar reputations as being difficult to play for . Yes there are many who have enjoyed their experiences at both schools but I have spoken to many who did not including many starters . I am sure that there are unhappy players at every program just seems to me that a good number of the players I have spoken with at those two programs say they are difficult to play for. It is one of the reasons my daughter wanted to go elsewhere. That said there were players and parents who disliked the coach at my daughters school but it always seemed to be from players who did not see the field as much as they thought they should.
As far as top players transferring in so they can have a better chance at winning a national championship it just looks weak and shows a lack of character . I get the 5th year who graduated wanting to do another year at another school but to leave the coaches, teammates , and friends to ride on the coat tails of another program is a bad look.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Is everyone forgetting how UNC stacked their team last year w/ transfers & WON? Why would other teams not follow???

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
There is so much animonsity for Bc within this forum, I am certain they recall what UNC did, they just don’t care. My point earlier was just that; look at BC’s roster, nowhere near the amount of transfers other top schools have.
If I graduated from UF and I have one year left, of course I want to find a team that offers me a chance to win it all. Add to that, a masters degree from a top institution, with the alumni reach BC has, it’s a no-brainer. Anyone suggesting otherwise is bitter and/or jealous.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
There is so much animonsity for Bc within this forum, I am certain they recall what UNC did, they just don’t care. My point earlier was just that; look at BC’s roster, nowhere near the amount of transfers other top schools have.
If I graduated from UF and I have one year left, of course I want to find a team that offers me a chance to win it all. Add to that, a masters degree from a top institution, with the alumni reach BC has, it’s a no-brainer. Anyone suggesting otherwise is bitter and/or jealous.

Who graduated? Isn’t the transfer in question a Jr??

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

True and fair. But this particular student-athlete did not just graduate from UF. She is entering her Junior year of college (2025 grad). I think that is the point that the prior poster was making. That said, no one but that student and maybe her parents/coaches know why she transferred from UF to BC. Maybe lacrosse, maybe academics (I am a Gator but even I can agree that BC is a more prestigious academic school), maybe better culture/fit. No one but that student should care about the reasons.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

True and fair. But this particular student-athlete did not just graduate from UF. She is entering her Junior year of college (2025 grad). I think that is the point that the prior poster was making. That said, no one but that student and maybe her parents/coaches know why she transferred from UF to BC. Maybe lacrosse, maybe academics (I am a Gator but even I can agree that BC is a more prestigious academic school), maybe better culture/fit. No one but that student should care about the reasons.

Lol, Florida is easily a better academic school than BC. Things have changed since you went there.

https://www.usnews.com/best-colleges

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
KAH and AW have similar reputations as being difficult to play for . Yes there are many who have enjoyed their experiences at both schools but I have spoken to many who did not including many starters . I am sure that there are unhappy players at every program just seems to me that a good number of the players I have spoken with at those two programs say they are difficult to play for. It is one of the reasons my daughter wanted to go elsewhere. That said there were players and parents who disliked the coach at my daughters school but it always seemed to be from players who did not see the field as much as they thought they should.
As far as top players transferring in so they can have a better chance at winning a national championship it just looks weak and shows a lack of character . I get the 5th year who graduated wanting to do another year at another school but to leave the coaches, teammates , and friends to ride on the coat tails of another program is a bad look.
How do you know why the Jr transferred? The announcement came literally right after UVA's head coach left. Maybe she wasn't confident with who was coming in? Maybe the environment wasn't good? Why does it make her look weak and show a lack of character? Everyone has their reasons, no need to bash someone for their choice.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
How do you know why the Jr transferred? The announcement came literally right after UVA's head coach left. Maybe she wasn't confident with who was coming in? Maybe the environment wasn't good? Why does it make her look weak and show a lack of character? Everyone has their reasons, no need to bash someone for their choice.

I just dont bye it and know for a fact that kid was looking around prior to the coach leaving. Its weak to do interviews when you are getting all these accolades saying how great the school and your teammates are etc and then pack your bags when the going gets a little difficult. Its a lack of character to to leave your friends and teammates to ride on the coattails of an already excellent team instead of having the resolve to make the team you are on better. You are right I have no idea why this player left but I can just about guarantee you its because she thinks she is better than the team she left. Interesting that both the juniors left midway thru their collegiate careers to attend a less regarded academic school, hopefully that womens lacrosse career works out.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
BC is a better school than UF, not even a question; those rankings penalize BC (and other Faith-based universities) for using research dollars for Catholic-based programs. Do some research before looking at a list…

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I’m not a BC alum but Florida better is laughable. UF’s acceptance rate is over 30%, less than 90% graduate, over 60k enrolled…good school but come on

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Florida plays in a weak conference. Be careful because the stats will not translate. Grass isn’t always greener.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I’m not a BC alum but Florida better is laughable. UF’s acceptance rate is over 30%, less than 90% graduate, over 60k enrolled…good school but come on

There is a reason Florida is ranked 29, just behind UVA and tied with UNC. BC 36. Just a way better school all around. This is according to the experts, not me.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
BC is a better school than UF, not even a question; those rankings penalize BC (and other Faith-based universities) for using research dollars for Catholic-based programs. Do some research before looking at a list…

PLEASE SHOW US YOUR EXPANSIVE RESEARCH.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]KAH and AW have similar reputations as being difficult to play for . Yes there are many who have enjoyed their experiences at both schools but I have spoken to many who did not including many starters . I am sure that there are unhappy players at every program just seems to me that a good number of the players I have spoken with at those two programs say they are difficult to play for. It is one of the reasons my daughter wanted to go elsewhere. That said there were players and parents who disliked the coach at my daughters school but it always seemed to be from players who did not see the field as much as they thought they should.

I just dont bye it and know for a fact that kid was looking around prior to the coach leaving. Its weak to do interviews when you are getting all these accolades saying how great the school and your teammates are etc and then pack your bags when the going gets a little difficult. It’s a lack of character to to leave your friends and teammates to ride on the coattails of an already excellent team instead of having the resolve to make the team you are on better. You are right I have no idea why this player left but I can just about guarantee you it’s because she thinks she is better than the team she left. Interesting that both the juniors left midway thru their collegiate careers to attend a less regarded academic school, hopefully that womens lacrosse career works out.[/

Agreed. What a great teammate I’m leaving because I’m better than this team. Don’t expect the superstar treatment at BC.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]KAH and AW have similar reputations as being difficult to play for . Yes there are many who have enjoyed their experiences at both schools but I have spoken to many who did not including many starters . I am sure that there are unhappy players at every program just seems to me that a good number of the players I have spoken with at those two programs say they are difficult to play for. It is one of the reasons my daughter wanted to go elsewhere. That said there were players and parents who disliked the coach at my daughters school but it always seemed to be from players who did not see the field as much as they thought they should.

I just dont bye it and know for a fact that kid was looking around prior to the coach leaving. Its weak to do interviews when you are getting all these accolades saying how great the school and your teammates are etc and then pack your bags when the going gets a little difficult. It’s a lack of character to to leave your friends and teammates to ride on the coattails of an already excellent team instead of having the resolve to make the team you are on better. You are right I have no idea why this player left but I can just about guarantee you it’s because she thinks she is better than the team she left. Interesting that both the juniors left midway thru their collegiate careers to attend a less regarded academic school, hopefully that womens lacrosse career works out.[/

Agreed. What a great teammate I’m leaving because I’m better than this team. Don’t expect the superstar treatment at BC.
WOW, you all need to get a life and concentrate on your own daughter instead of worrying about "why" someone is transferring as a Junior. I hope she has a great season with BC - and no i have no affiliation with her or BC. See how easy it is to be nice?!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

WOW, you all need to get a life and concentrate on your own daughter instead of worrying about "why" someone is transferring as a Junior. I hope she has a great season with BC - and no i have no affiliation with her or BC. See how easy it is to be nice?!

Ok mom

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Ok mom
What a stellar comeback

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Ok mom
What a stellar comeback

Honestly it was more thought out and funnier than your everyone gets a trophy reply. At least have an opinion, mom.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
So the HS classes of 2020 and 2021 now college Sr's and Jr's really got the shaft. First they lost out on all of the wonderful summer tournaments recognizing the best in the nation before college. They had to play and lose out on scholarship money to the returning 5th years and teams holding back funds until the transfer portal closed. They lost a year in HS. There's no special considerations for them. No 5th year opportunity's. Now our High School students maybe in jeopardy of losing seasons because Section XI can't come to terms with the referee association. Be their voice where they can't since the Section XI Board takes out any push back out against the students. DO NOT LET THE STUDENT ATHLETES SUFFER

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
So the HS classes of 2020 and 2021 now college Sr's and Jr's really got the shaft. First they lost out on all of the wonderful summer tournaments recognizing the best in the nation before college. They had to play and lose out on scholarship money to the returning 5th years and teams holding back funds until the transfer portal closed. They lost a year in HS. There's no special considerations for them. No 5th year opportunity's. Now our High School students maybe in jeopardy of losing seasons because Section XI can't come to terms with the referee association. Be their voice where they can't since the Section XI Board takes out any push back out against the students. DO NOT LET THE STUDENT ATHLETES SUFFER

Don’t forget how section XI crammed and shortened all sports seasons into the second half of school year 20-21. Even though spring sports lost their ENTIRE season in 20, but the fall/winter sports did not. This was VERY bad for spring athletes in their recruiting year because the shortened season started later and went well into the end of June depriving them of opportunities to attend important recruiting events. No thought whatsoever went into that planning. It also too Suffolk girls lacrosse coaches association 3 years to decide we were safe from COVID and could finally have an awards dinner!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Fall sports will most likely be delayed. Any games played without refs will be considered scrimmages and will count. Everyone needs to voice their concerns NOW with their AD, BOE and superintendents. Our student athletes will be the ones to suffer. Football will be the first to loose out since they start before everyone else.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Why post if you are completely ignorant of the facts

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Why post if you are completely ignorant of the facts

It seems some of you are unaware there are two UF players transferring to BC. One is a rising junior with two years of eligibility. One is a grad transfer who has a Covid year, and maybe another due to injury that sidelined her during one of her four years at UF.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Correct. UF has two girls heading up north. I think the BC fan is talking about the defender, not the offensive player. I guess when you have so much anger, it’s hard to think rationally…

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Girls leave UF because not a good culture there.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
AAC is definitely not weak conf. Yes big ten and ACC better

Like Reply Quote
Page 20 of 25 1 2 18 19 20 21 22 24 25
Quick Reply