BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,814
Posts387,835
Members2,608
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 2 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Re: Boys 2031 4th Grade Summer 2023
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
New "Rankins"

Hoco Teams untouchable

1 - ML: Nobody can match this team, the best team by a wide margin
2 - NL
3 - Hawks

Second Tier

4 - 2 Way
5 - Sweetlax
6 - Igloo
7 - Crabs - merged with WPG
8 - Rebels
9 - BBL
10 - Eclipse

Third tier

11 - S2S
12 - Express East
13- Express LI
14 - Legacy
15 - 91
If all the top players from Wolfpack team went to crabs they could challenge ML.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Wait? Are you all talking about college scholarships AND 10 year old lacrosse?!!?? Yikes.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
FULL SCHOLARSHIPS EXIST. Not many, but they do.

Yell all you want slick, they don’t exist for anyone. The #2 recruit in the nation a few years ago didn’t get a full ride. It’s a lie, invest in tutors or expect to pay exactly what you would at a state school. That’s the rule.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Full rides 😂😂😂 this is 2023 not 2008!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You have to stop living in the PAST. NOBODYS going to 91, Maybe a few to Express. Igloo and Rebels are the Future. You all Said same thing 2 years ago. Igloo and rebels have only got better. 91 is a Dinosaur.

Didn’t look like the past this weekend at Lehigh.

No one can deny how good they are at the older age group. It’s just right now they are really bad at this age group. I heard their tryouts didn’t have a lot of kids from other program or a ton of talent at there. They better start recruiting fast.

Time will tell. I’ve been around club lacrosse for years. I was a coach on one of the big clubs for a bunch of years before my kids were born. Before 91 and Express ruled there were other clubs. LI usually had 4 good teams 2 great and 2 that could comply with the best of them. The landscape changes every decade. I think 91 will be around I think they care more about the HS teams They seem to care more about recruiting than fielding dominant teams at the younger ages now. They are very active around 8th or 9th grade. Offering kids reduced or free tuition to play. I believe their philosophy is as long as we keep getting kids recruited we will be fine. So parents who have a kid that doesn’t get much play time. Gets on the field but not a too player that is on igloo, rebels or any other club, will try and move their kid to 91 around 7 th grade in hopes that the kid gets more play time. Their thinking will be if he is there at that age they will take care of him. But 91 will go after the top players from other clubs offer free tuition. The kid that moved in 7th grade will be left behind while he pays full tuition People will keep going to them with the hopes of landing a partial college scholarship

What do you mean partial? Full athletic scholarships don’t exist in the lacrosse world. And if you’re worried about that in 4th grade you’re a complete clown.

1) Exactly Partial ( Meaning part of ) never said full scholarship.

2) Never said I or anyone was thinking about college in 4th grade. I said middle school. That is exactly when you should be thinking about it. that's when you need to determine if your child is going to play at the next level. 8th grade summer going into 9th is a big year in starting to build your film 9th grade summer going into 10th is recruiting ( if you are top tier player)

3) I was giving my opinion on what I believe is 1 particular clubs thinking. They will always have 2 teams they will be making money. I believe (IMHO) that their focus is Recruiting. they care abut they younger teams but not nearly as much as the older teams.

If you think 8th grade is the benchmark year for college you’re clueless. There are kids who dominate in 8th and never see the field again. Slow down there slick.

I agree and disagree with you. Yes there are kids who will drop off and there are kids who will come out of nowhere and be really good after 8th grade. I do believe the majority of the best skilled players in 8th grade remain in the top tier Open inside lacrosse. The 1st article is about rising sophomore and freshman (rising freshman that is 8th grade) I know college coaches are not watching these kids but I agree with the poster from above when they said the following

‘ 8th grade summer going into 9th i think you need to be on the right team for you. meaning are you getting reps do you believe the team will be in the right showcases in the following years. Are you happy with the team and do you believe that this team and/or organization will help with recruiting The following year 9th grade going into 10th is extremely important I agree with 10th grade going into 11th is when it all happens. I believe you need to set yourself up for that
Fortunately this group has a lot of time before then “

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You have to stop living in the PAST. NOBODYS going to 91, Maybe a few to Express. Igloo and Rebels are the Future. You all Said same thing 2 years ago. Igloo and rebels have only got better. 91 is a Dinosaur.

No one can deny how good they are at the older age group. It’s just right now they are really bad at this age group. I heard their tryouts didn’t have a lot of kids from other program or a ton of talent at there. They better start recruiting fast.

Time will tell. I’ve been around club lacrosse for years. I was a coach on one of the big clubs for a bunch of years before my kids were born. Before 91 and Express ruled there were other clubs. LI usually had 4 good teams 2 great and 2 that could comply with the best of them. The landscape changes every decade. I think 91 will be around I think they care more about the HS teams They seem to care more about recruiting than fielding dominant teams at the younger ages now. They are very active around 8th or 9th grade. Offering kids reduced or free tuition to play. I believe their philosophy is as long as we keep getting kids recruited we will be fine. So parents who have a kid that doesn’t get much play time. Gets on the field but not a too player that is on igloo, rebels or any other club, will try and move their kid to 91 around 7 th grade in hopes that the kid gets more play time. Their thinking will be if he is there at that age they will take care of him. But 91 will go after the top players from other clubs offer free tuition. The kid that moved in 7th grade will be left behind while he pays full tuition People will keep going to them with the hopes of landing a partial college scholarship

What do you mean partial? Full athletic scholarships don’t exist in the lacrosse world. And if you’re worried about that in 4th grade you’re a complete clown.

2) Never said I or anyone was thinking about college in 4th grade. I said middle school. That is exactly when you should be thinking about it. that's when you need to determine if your child is going to play at the next level. 8th grade summer going into 9th is a big year in starting to build your film 9th grade summer going into 10th is recruiting ( if you are top tier player)

3) I was giving my opinion on what I believe is 1 particular clubs thinking. They will always have 2 teams they will be making money. I believe (IMHO) that their focus is Recruiting. they care abut they younger teams but not nearly as much as the older teams.

If you think 8th grade is the benchmark year for college you’re clueless. There are kids who dominate in 8th and never see the field again. Slow down there slick.

I agree and disagree with you. Yes there are kids who will drop off and there are kids who will come out of nowhere and be really good after 8th grade. I do believe the majority of the best skilled players in 8th grade remain in the top tier Open inside lacrosse. The 1st article is about rising sophomore and freshman (rising freshman that is 8th grade) I know college coaches are not watching these kids but I agree with the poster from above when they said the following

‘ 8th grade summer going into 9th i think you need to be on the right team for you. meaning are you getting reps do you believe the team will be in the right showcases in the following years. Are you happy with the team and do you believe that this team and/or organization will help with recruiting The following year 9th grade going into 10th is extremely important I agree with 10th grade going into 11th is when it all happens. I believe you need to set yourself up for that

Which college coach that you “know” is watching? I’ll wait

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Which college coach that you “know” is watching? I’ll wait

I believe it says “ I know college coaches are NOT WATCHING THESE KIDS’

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I saw Duke scouts at the Rebels 2031 last tourney

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I saw Duke scouts at the Rebels 2031 last tourney
I saw them too but it was a PLL scout with a Duke hat.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Which teams are going to the fall NAL?

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
All kids that don’t play enough or at all

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Igloo picking up alot of B players, were did their top players go? Express?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Igloo hasn’t lost anyone of significance. They are a top team on LI at 2031. Stop the BS. Why would their top kids goto a worse team with bad coaching?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
None of Igloo’s Winter Soldiers AA’s team top players have left. The core group has stayed and are loyal to a strong program that cares about their players.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Ha! What a joke… Tony Tantrums doesn’t care about your kid. He cares about his wallet. Outside of his older son, who has he helped get into college? Ask someone on the 23, 24, 25 teams. They’ll give you the answer! Stop fooling yourself. Wake up! 2031 will disband soon enough, but keep telling yourself you have a great team and great coaching! Hahaha!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Top kids stayed, too bad. Should have added top kids. Say Igloo #4-5 next year.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Igloo hasn’t lost anyone of significance. They are a top team on LI at 2031. Stop the BS. Why would their top kids goto a worse team with bad coaching?

Is this the same Igloo that didn’t win a single game at Hershey? Is LI really that weak at 2031 that they’re a top team?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I am going a lot off topic here but curious on your thoughts - do the best athletes/lacrosse players in the 5th grade mean they will be the best in the 10th? How important is player development at the club matter versus the time and the practice kids do on their own? Or does it not matter at all and that when these kids go through puberty will the differences show between a good athlete and a great one? My son is 10. He just wants to play lacrosse and have fun with his friends but sometimes I feel like club has taken the fun out of it. Why can’t the town leagues play year round and against other town leagues? I get playing against tougher competition but does it really matter in grade school? My kids all play for different clubs and I wonder why I do this. I want them to be part of a team and worry if I don’t start the sport now they won’t make their high school team. Club was created in part for college recruiting so why are 3rd graders doing it? And at the end of the day, it’s the top 1/3 of the roster of the top 50 club / lacrosse high school that gets recruited anyway.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Express not getting Igloo kids . The Igloo program is as strong as ever. Top teams all over! Soldiers added some top kids from other clubs. Wait until Fall to pound your chest!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Fake News. Igloo didn't upgrade at all. They still [Censored]. Rebels, 2way and Hoco will smoke them this year. Wounded Soldiers come next summer.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Rebels director can say what he wants about every other club. Let’s be honest, Rebels wear red for a reason, they are the red headed stepchild of Long Island youth Lacrosse. They will never been seen as a reputable organization…no matter how many times you post.

Let’s call it like it is, this is youth Lacrosse. It’s about the kids and building this great sport - stop ranking 10 year old teams, bragging how good you are. The loudest man in the room is usually the weakest. If your club is that good you don’t have to come on here and tell everyone. No other clubs are selling themselves here, get it! They don’t have to.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
We are new to travel lacrosse. My son was one of the stronger players on his club team and then just got cut in tryouts. Can’t get feedback from the coaches too. What do we do now when it seems like all teams have full rosters. We didn’t have him tryout for any other team bc we were confident he would make this club.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
We are new to travel lacrosse. My son was one of the stronger players on his club team and then just got cut in tryouts. Can’t get feedback from the coaches too. What do we do now when it seems like all teams have full rosters. We didn’t have him tryout for any other team bc we were confident he would make this club.

Call and email clubs to see if they are having supplemental try outs. There are always a few smaller clubs that are in need of player to fill out rosters.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Sorry to hear this; if your son was on an A team then it will be very hard to crack an existing A team club unless you know someone. If he was on a B team then there area plenty of options in the sea.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Turtles have a supplemental tryout this week. Good club, with a good location, might be worth a look.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Turtles have a supplemental tryout this week. Good club, with a good location, might be worth a look.

Turtles are not a good club, very doubtful they fill a team at this age. They just fill teams with anyone they possibly can

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Turtles are not a good club, very doubtful they fill a team at this age. They just fill teams with anyone they possibly can
New directors are very motivated. Just need kids

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Turtles are extinct. Any good player with them, should find a better team. Only true AA clubs are Rebels and igloo. S2S and maybe Express East A. 91 and rest B at best

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Turtles are now being run by kids, it’s a hobby. Not where anyone who wants to have a real lacrosse experience goes.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Rankings 2023/24 Pre Season as per NLF/NAL/US Club/SOS/with

Top Group

Igloo
Rebels
Express East

Middle Tier

S2S
Legacy
Express

Lower Tier

Rush
BTB
Turtles

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Those ain’t no Rankins

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The DMV owns these rankins. Madlax still top, followed by NL and Hawks. Crabs now on the scene with WP dismantle. Igloo/Rebels have no shot. Can't wait for the NAL.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Turtles are now being run by kids, it’s a hobby. Not where anyone who wants to have a real lacrosse experience goes.

They’re just little boys playing a game, it’s not going to be a real lacrosse experience regardless. Let them have fun and stop

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The DMV owns these rankins. Madlax still top, followed by NL and Hawks. Crabs now on the scene with WP dismantle. Igloo/Rebels have no shot. Can't wait for the NAL.

Terrible take

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I am going a lot off topic here but curious on your thoughts - do the best athletes/lacrosse players in the 5th grade mean they will be the best in the 10th? How important is player development at the club matter versus the time and the practice kids do on their own? Or does it not matter at all and that when these kids go through puberty will the differences show between a good athlete and a great one? My son is 10. He just wants to play lacrosse and have fun with his friends but sometimes I feel like club has taken the fun out of it. Why can’t the town leagues play year round and against other town leagues? I get playing against tougher competition but does it really matter in grade school? My kids all play for different clubs and I wonder why I do this. I want them to be part of a team and worry if I don’t start the sport now they won’t make their high school team. Club was created in part for college recruiting so why are 3rd graders doing it? And at the end of the day, it’s the top 1/3 of the roster of the top 50 club / lacrosse high school that gets recruited anyway.

Today’s elites will plateau and most will catch up or surpass them over the next 5 years. Puberty hits HARD, good or bad so thinking a 10 year old is an elite lax player or a subpar one is completely pointless. Everything changes, tons of team movement over the next several years so teams change constantly. If you think club is taking away the fun… I suggest you look for another club. He could also just play PAL and will still likely make the school team in a few years. It should be fun, hard work but still fun. Otherwise why spend the time & money? The kids with a love and passion for the sport will always come out on top. I will say that ANY kid who wants to play in college absolutely can. Between DI, DII, DIII, NAIA, JUCO and club, there is a place for every skill level. Kids have one childhood, make it an enjoyable one! Good luck!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Today’s elites will plateau and most will catch up or surpass them over the next 5 years. Puberty hits HARD, good or bad so thinking a 10 year old is an elite lax player or a subpar one is completely pointless. Everything changes, tons of team movement over the next several years so teams change constantly. If you think club is taking away the fun… I suggest you look for another club. He could also just play PAL and will still likely make the school team in a few years. It should be fun, hard work but still fun. Otherwise why spend the time & money? The kids with a love and passion for the sport will always come out on top. I will say that ANY kid who wants to play in college absolutely can. Between DI, DII, DIII, NAIA, JUCO and club, there is a place for every skill level. Kids have one childhood, make it an enjoyable one! Good luck!

This post is spot on. A good example -- take a look at pretty much any Crabs team over the past 5 years. Only 2-3 players that are on a Crabs 4th grade team will still on the team in 8th grade. The kids with a love and passion will always come out on top.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Boring…. Let’s get back to the topic at hand, who is better Rebels or Igloo? Who makes it to 7th grade without a total dismantle? Can either compete against the DMV?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Boring…. Let’s get back to the topic at hand, who is better Rebels or Igloo? Who makes it to 7th grade without a total dismantle? Can either compete against the DMV?

Rebels will manage to blow it.
Look at their older teams

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Rebels will manage to blow it.
Look at their older teams

Aren't they a fairly new club? How many teams will they have this year? They have an east and west? If thier older clubs are bad it must be because they are a new club, by 6-7th grade teams are pretty much set with minimal movement no?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Rebels only got better this off season.

Like Reply Quote
Page 2 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Quick Reply