Originally Posted by Anonymous
You have to stop living in the PAST. NOBODYS going to 91, Maybe a few to Express. Igloo and Rebels are the Future. You all Said same thing 2 years ago. Igloo and rebels have only got better. 91 is a Dinosaur.

Didn’t look like the past this weekend at Lehigh.

No one can deny how good they are at the older age group. It’s just right now they are really bad at this age group. I heard their tryouts didn’t have a lot of kids from other program or a ton of talent at there. They better start recruiting fast.

Time will tell. I’ve been around club lacrosse for years. I was a coach on one of the big clubs for a bunch of years before my kids were born. Before 91 and Express ruled there were other clubs. LI usually had 4 good teams 2 great and 2 that could comply with the best of them. The landscape changes every decade. I think 91 will be around I think they care more about the HS teams They seem to care more about recruiting than fielding dominant teams at the younger ages now. They are very active around 8th or 9th grade. Offering kids reduced or free tuition to play. I believe their philosophy is as long as we keep getting kids recruited we will be fine. So parents who have a kid that doesn’t get much play time. Gets on the field but not a too player that is on igloo, rebels or any other club, will try and move their kid to 91 around 7 th grade in hopes that the kid gets more play time. Their thinking will be if he is there at that age they will take care of him. But 91 will go after the top players from other clubs offer free tuition. The kid that moved in 7th grade will be left behind while he pays full tuition People will keep going to them with the hopes of landing a partial college scholarship

What do you mean partial? Full athletic scholarships don’t exist in the lacrosse world. And if you’re worried about that in 4th grade you’re a complete clown.

1) Exactly Partial ( Meaning part of ) never said full scholarship.

2) Never said I or anyone was thinking about college in 4th grade. I said middle school. That is exactly when you should be thinking about it. that's when you need to determine if your child is going to play at the next level. 8th grade summer going into 9th is a big year in starting to build your film 9th grade summer going into 10th is recruiting ( if you are top tier player)

3) I was giving my opinion on what I believe is 1 particular clubs thinking. They will always have 2 teams they will be making money. I believe (IMHO) that their focus is Recruiting. they care abut they younger teams but not nearly as much as the older teams.

If you think 8th grade is the benchmark year for college you’re clueless. There are kids who dominate in 8th and never see the field again. Slow down there slick.

I agree and disagree with you. Yes there are kids who will drop off and there are kids who will come out of nowhere and be really good after 8th grade. I do believe the majority of the best skilled players in 8th grade remain in the top tier Open inside lacrosse. The 1st article is about rising sophomore and freshman (rising freshman that is 8th grade) I know college coaches are not watching these kids but I agree with the poster from above when they said the following

‘ 8th grade summer going into 9th i think you need to be on the right team for you. meaning are you getting reps do you believe the team will be in the right showcases in the following years. Are you happy with the team and do you believe that this team and/or organization will help with recruiting The following year 9th grade going into 10th is extremely important I agree with 10th grade going into 11th is when it all happens. I believe you need to set yourself up for that
Fortunately this group has a lot of time before then “

Which college coach that you “know” is watching? I’ll wait