BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys High School Lax
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,821
Posts388,540
Members2,610
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 101 of 112 1 2 99 100 101 102 103 111 112
Re: Girls 2027 Grads - Mid Atlantic Region
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Yes! What does it say about a coach and a Club???
They had the 2028's team playing the game, how disappointing!
Embarrassing to say the least!
And their 28s are a mid-level B team!

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Now that tryouts are over congratulations to everyone. Any big surprises though?

Biggest surprise was the amount of girls who showed up at Coppermine, Skywalkers and M&D tryouts. In hindsight, probably should have made that move in early middle school because it’s hard to get noticed with 70+ kids on the field

I agree with this. Unless you are a very very good player it is hard to make a top team going in to high school. I often wonder why the Besthda team - which is a good team - doesn't go to Capital and ask them to absorb them as a whole team. I've seen Coppermine and TLC do it. Then they could stay together through high school. They probably wouldn't add any new players 9-11th grade but at least they'd be intact and still all in an "A" team

Why would Capital want to do this? Keep in mind BLC 27 is an outlier, their typical BLC team is not as good as Pride and Stars.

Capital got to pick and chose who they wanted from most of BLC and a ton of other kids.

They did, but Capital did not want most of the BLC girls (who they either offered B team position or no position) Only 1 BLC Girl that went to a none capital team was offered Capital A

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Capital did essentially extend offers to 10ish BLC players. That’s the starting lineup more or less. They filled the other spots with Pride and Stars girls.

False

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
This all works a lot better if you give some context to what you're talking about or use the Reply or Quote buttons.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Can you reply to the post you are referring to? What team do you mean?

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Big pickup for Coppermine from M&D. Will be the focus on their offense going forward. I see Coppermine now as a top 15 team, maybe higher.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I commend the players and coaches who stepped up to be honest.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Can you reply to the post you are referring to? What team do you mean?

I believe he is talking about NEMS, where a majority of 27s quit after first day of mid-atlantic. Feel bad in a way, directors never should have put them in an A+ bracket

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Big pickup for Coppermine from M&D. Will be the focus on their offense going forward. I see Coppermine now as a top 15 team, maybe higher.

Hopefully you’re not the parent of the “big pickup,” bc this is not the attitude or introduction you should be going for. Clearly didn’t do your homework on them if you think that one kid will become the focus.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Was she cut from M&D or never saw the field? I can’t imagine any other reason for leaving a top club (and team) for one that is ok and has no recruiting history.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Capital did essentially extend offers to 10ish BLC players. That’s the starting lineup more or less. They filled the other spots with Pride and Stars girls.

False

False

Curious to understand what the poster is alleging is false about the statement above.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Was she cut from M&D or never saw the field? I can’t imagine any other reason for leaving a top club (and team) for one that is ok and has no recruiting history.

Some of you think every M&D and HG player is going to a top-10 program and nobody else on any other club will.

If she is the 4th 5th option at M&D on offense, she certainly could make an impact on a Coppermine and could showcase her skills better in that environment. Not fool to think that it is a better fit. Seems Coppermine has a lot of momentum right now, starting at 2027 and lower.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Some of you think every M&D and HG player is going to a top-10 program and nobody else on any other club will.

If she is the 4th 5th option at M&D on offense, she certainly could make an impact on a Coppermine and could showcase her skills better in that environment. Not fool to think that it is a better fit. Seems Coppermine has a lot of momentum right now, starting at 2027 and lower.

I would argue the momentum starts with their premier 2028 team, but I digress. In HS, wins and losses really don’t matter, and teams play equal playing time (or should). So it still doesn’t make sense to leave a top ranked club with a fantastic recruiting record for one that literally has no recruiting record. Unless you were cut.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Agree with that. Only concern with Coppermine is that unless something changes, their high school teams don't play in many of the big events -- like G8 or Summer Genesis. Only major recruiting events they play in are LFTC and Mid-atlantic.

If they upgrade their schedule, this move makes perfect sense. Attack is by far the hardest position to get recruited at due the number of talented attackers in the country and the limited number of spots. (most schools only recruit 2 per class) and get more film, featured more while playing in top brackets will only help

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I would argue the momentum starts with their premier 2028 team, but I digress. In HS, wins and losses really don’t matter, and teams play equal playing time (or should). So it still doesn’t make sense to leave a top ranked club with a fantastic recruiting record for one that literally has no recruiting record. Unless you were cut.

50/50 PT, which is reality is very hard to actually produce even with efforts of the coach, doesn't mean you would have same production. Kids have different roles on different teams. If she was unhappy with her role, makes sense to go to another team with a need for her skillset.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Now that tryouts are over congratulations to everyone. Any big surprises though?

Biggest surprise was the amount of girls who showed up at Coppermine, Skywalkers and M&D tryouts. In hindsight, probably should have made that move in early middle school because it’s hard to get noticed with 70+ kids on the field

How many did each club add?

Would expect Skywalkers to add 2 or 3 to their numbers

Skywalkers Blue added 8 and white added 15

Both team should be good to very good.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
So SW blue churned over 2/3 of their roster in last 13 months?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I agree with this. Unless you are a very very good player it is hard to make a top team going in to high school. I often wonder why the Besthda team - which is a good team - doesn't go to Capital and ask them to absorb them as a whole team. I've seen Coppermine and TLC do it. Then they could stay together through high school. They probably wouldn't add any new players 9-11th grade but at least they'd be intact and still all in an "A" team

Why would Capital want to do this? Keep in mind BLC 27 is an outlier, their typical BLC team is not as good as Pride and Stars.

Capital got to pick and chose who they wanted from most of BLC and a ton of other kids.

They did, but Capital did not want most of the BLC girls (who they either offered B team position or no position) Only 1 BLC Girl that went to a none capital team was offered Capital A

You are mistaken. all if the blc teams are good except at the 28 level. they are all better than pride and stars.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

From which programs did these 8 come from?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Heard a lot of talk from people on here laughing about all the girls from others clubs that were going and the current clubs didn’t even know. I didn’t see that with most teams- HG stayed together, M&D stayed pretty much the same as did Coppermine.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

M&D Black, NEMS, CC, Integrity & BLC

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Seriously, why do you care? Go find a hobby beyond your daughter's sports. Your daughter will like you more.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

It’s all about development said No one from Skywalkers… ever. 20+ years of treating kids like a commodity. Go get ‘em.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
So that’s 15 new SW Blue players since they left the field in June 2022.

Can’t blame them from trying to upgrade but that’s a tough business model to sustain grad year after grad year.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

It’s all about development said No one from Skywalkers… ever. 20+ years of treating kids like a commodity. Go get ‘em.

I can't say I blame them. Specifically for 27s. This team has been bad every year. And they need talent. So while I feel bad for the kids who were loyal, they haven't been competitive with them.

With that said, it's not like top talent is coming over. Just some solid players. Which is a good thing

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Maybe true. But if you think any of the other top MD cups are developing kids after 5th grade, then you haven't been exposed to a top club.

The success of the top players at M&D, Heros, MDU, Coppermine, SW and many others has little to do with the clubs they played with in middle school and much more to do with their work off the field (wall ball, private stick work, strength and conditioning).

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Maybe true. But if you think any of the other top MD cups are developing kids after 5th grade, then you haven't been exposed to a top club.

The success of the top players at M&D, Heros, MDU, Coppermine, SW and many others has little to do with the clubs they played with in middle school and much more to do with their work off the field (wall ball, private stick work, strength and conditioning).

Little to do with the years of playing with teammates, playing time/reps and the coaching from their old club....good one!! Why even be on a club team in the first place, if there's so much success from the outside work?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Agreed. Those girls aren’t learning from their clubs, but more from the extra work they put in. I would also venture to say that Heros/M&D/Coppermine/MDU benefit from those girls having played together for many years.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Agreed. Those girls aren’t learning from their clubs, but more from the extra work they put in. I would also venture to say that Heros/M&D/Coppermine/MDU benefit from those girls having played together for many years.

So your first sentence says they "aren't learning from their clubs". Then you say that certain teams benefit from years of playing together. Which if I'm not mistaken is their club.

Maybe not exactly the clearest of statements

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

If you’re not learning at your club, you may be at the wrong club. Yes players - regardless of sport -get better by putting in work outside of practice. All athletes know that.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I don't get these posters obsession with trying to make Skywalkers look bad. Just don't send your child there. It's really that east

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Some of the densest comments ever. Of course playing for certain clubs have made the girls better and for many reasons. Coaches, the extra work required to earn PT, the talented girls they play with and against in both practice & games. Some clubs develop players better than others. Look at HG, MDU, and Coppermine for examples of teams that improve without a ton of turnover in the 27 teams year after year. Some don’t really worry about development and simply bring in better girls each year that have been developing at other clubs (SW- over 16 new girls in 2 years). Each club has its own system and each girl needs to find the right fit for them. Neither is right or wrong but make sure you know what best for your girl.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
So based on what Ive heard:

HG and M&D
basically stayed the same, added 1 or lost 1 but no big change

MDU
basically stayed the same

SW and Coppermine
Added talent, SW, significant changes, both could be in mix with MDU as third best in state

Pride
Lost key players to Capital and should be worse

Integrity/CClax/NEMS
Lost key players, basically dropping them to a lower tier and below HW M&D Shore

Is this accurate? If not, what's not correct?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

HG and M&D

MDU

SW and Coppermine
Added talent, SW, significant changes, both could be in mix with MDU as third best in state

Pride

Integrity/CClax/NEMS
Lost key players, basically dropping them to a lower tier and below HW M&D Shore

Hero's added 1.

M&D -2 and added 1

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

HG and M&D

MDU

SW and Coppermine

Pride

Integrity/CClax/NEMS

Pride only retained 2 players. Those who didn't make Capital mostly went to stars and a couple to some 2nd tier MD clubs. Pride won't even be in top 60 next year.

Only thing I disagree with is CCLax. They kept their stars and added a few nice players. They won't be world beaters, but I see them in the same tier as HW, Shore and Integrity.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
where did the new M&D girl come from?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

HG and M&D

MDU

SW and Coppermine

Pride

Integrity/CClax/NEMS

While under the radar, Stars got a lot better. They lost 5 to capital but picked up 9-10 from Pride and a few from VA Metro and Pride Loudon. Not a top 15 team, but probably may not be too far off from top 25.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Big pickup for Coppermine from M&D. Will be the focus on their offense going
forward. I see Coppermine now as a top 15 team, maybe higher.

Hopefully you’re not the parent of the “big pickup,” bc this is not the attitude or introduction you should be going for. Clearly didn’t do your homework on them if you think that one kid will become the focus.

No dog in this fight, but if you watch Coppermine 28s, you know that they will build around 1 or 2 players if they have the talent.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
where did the new M&D girl come from?

She’s from California. Hearing she’s the top player in the country at her age group. Flying in for games. Her parents wanted her to play on the #1 club team in the U.S.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Big pickup for Coppermine from M&D. Will be the focus on their offense going
forward. I see Coppermine now as a top 15 team, maybe higher.

No dog in this fight, but if you watch Coppermine 28s, you know that they will build around 1 or 2 players if they have the talent.

Not so true. 28’s have probably the top 3 best girls and so many other incredibly talented players. They really play as a team which is why they are so good. The 27’s are the same way just without the top players but also play as a team and don’t focus on just a couple of girls. 27’s are a solid team and will be just fine throughout HS.

Page 101 of 112 1 2 99 100 101 102 103 111 112

Link Copied to Clipboard