BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Girls High School Lax
by Anonymous -
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,817
Posts388,328
Members2,610
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 202 of 260 1 2 200 201 202 203 204 259 260
Re: Boys 2028 Grads - Mid Atlantic Region
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Can everyone here agree that this time of year is the worst. I cannot stand the jockeying, club switching, etc. Even if my kid makes his team it's just the worst seeing kids you like and families you've gotten to know just cut loose like yesterday's news. Really not fun for parents and I can only imagine what the average 13 yr old thinks of this process.

Please take this sort of honest, self-aware post and your reasonable sense of perspective elsewhere -- it has no home here.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
How did Hawks tryouts shake out? Expect much to stay the same with limited changes.

FCA finishes up tonite. Expect only a handful of changes max.

Makes sense as those are the two most stable teams.

Crabs cut half the team and is starting anew.

91 tryouts end up this weekend and will be packed with kids who didn’t make Hawks, Crabs and FCA.

DCE doesn’t seem to have taken off like expected.

Hawks add 5, cut 3

Best player from 91 and Crabs added to Hawks. 2027 Hawks goalie reclassed down to Hawks 28.

Hawks got the best player from a 1-6 team. That doesn’t sound like an upgrade to me. Both the kids you are referring to might make the third string. I do know this much the goalie is a true 28 not a reclass he just played up.

The best player from 91 last year is still on 91. The best player on crabs last year is still on crabs.

If you want to change that to one of the best than sure.

Last edited by Team BOTC; . Reason: Duplicate quotes
Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
How many will be cut from FCA tonight? Where will all of these kids gonna go?

Guessing very few. 3 left for 91 mid year. So assuming they get to the same number they start down 3 and at least one goalie is moving on,
That team has very few weaknesses so I can't imagine too many more than 3 additional (6 total go). Who knows?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Uh oh. Looks like somebody is got a case of the Mundays.

2028 True Chesapeake Team,

My Staff and I want to thank you for letting us have the opportunity to coach your boys over the past 8 months. We got a chance to develop great relationships with all of them and we genuinely cared about them. As someone who has been doing club lacrosse for almost 20 years around the country, I've come to realize that the Maryland Market and the parents are completely transactional. It doesn't matter how much training you will do for them or how much time you will spend with them, the relationship will always be a transaction. It makes you detest your job. We all do this because we love to teach, coach, develop and build young men. That is why we do this. I started True Lacrosse because I love developing players.

Between the directors and myself you had 17 years of College Coaching Experience, 12 Years of Professional Lacrosse Experience, and 25 years of experience of being in the industry and helping kids get recruited We were all dedicated to your boys and helping them develop as lacrosse players but more importantly great people. This was not good enough for you guys. It was not good enough for this parent group.

I hope all of you find whatever you are looking for.

The door is always open,

Coach Deane
This has zero context. What happened with this team that would invoke such a vague email from one of the largest names in club lacrosse? Looking at the rankings, this is a team that finished Top 50. I would say that is pretty good. I would say it's highly likely this is a fake post. Just some guy with an axe to grind. If in fact this is real, it would be great to get WAY MORE background on what happened here.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
How did Hawks tryouts shake out? Expect much to stay the same with limited changes.

91 tryouts end up this weekend and will be packed with kids who didn’t make Hawks, Crabs and FCA.

Hawks add 5, cut 3

Best player from 91 and Crabs added to Hawks. 2027 Hawks goalie reclassed down to Hawks 28.

Hawks got the best player from a 1-6 team. That doesn’t sound like an upgrade to me. Both the kids you are referring to might make the third string. I do know this much the goalie is a true 28 not a reclass he just played up.

Sorry your kid couldn't make the HOCO national champions squad

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

My Staff and I want to thank you for letting us have the opportunity to coach your boys over the past 8 months. We got a chance to develop great relationships with all of them and we genuinely cared about them. As someone who has been doing club lacrosse for almost 20 years around the country, I've come to realize that the Maryland Market and the parents are completely transactional. It doesn't matter how much training you will do for them or how much time you will spend with them, the relationship will always be a transaction. It makes you detest your job. We all do this because we love to teach, coach, develop and build young men. That is why we do this. I started True Lacrosse because I love developing players.

Between the directors and myself you had 17 years of College Coaching Experience, 12 Years of Professional Lacrosse Experience, and 25 years of experience of being in the industry and helping kids get recruited We were all dedicated to your boys and helping them develop as lacrosse players but more importantly great people. This was not good enough for you guys. It was not good enough for this parent group.

The door is always open,

Coach Deane

Apparently it is transactional similar to buying a plain ticket to BWI for a spring league game.

Still, you the parent/player are supposed to be loyal
Got it.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

The door is always open,

Coach Deane

Not a True parent, but I assume the families are leaving because the team flew in ringers from out of town for the Hoco games. can management and coaches really be surprised that the local players are looking for different team?

I was thinking this exact thing. I would be looking elsewhere if they say they are flying several kids in for HOCO. But make sure your kid is there to keep the bench warm...

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Hawks add 5, cut 3

Which Crab? The pole or the FOSO?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Can everyone here agree that this time of year is the worst. I cannot stand the jockeying, club switching, etc. Even if my kid makes his team it's just the worst seeing kids you like and families you've gotten to know just cut loose like yesterday's news. Really not fun for parents and I can only imagine what the average 13 yr old thinks of this process.

Or you could say this time of year is best. Kids get to try out for clubs they’ve always hope to play for. Some will actually make it. Kids move up to higher divisions with better competition. Kids move and get better coaching and more playing time.

It just depends on your perspective.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

What is the alternative? It's a reset, the alternative is mid year which is rough.

It's the free market, the kids can leave and the teams can cut. Sometimes it's hard but it's actually a good mechanism to get kids ready for real life where they aren't always pampered, where they run into people who may or may not have their best interest at heart.. They learn from it and grow.

Sometimes lessons are tough, but it's just lacrosse.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Please take this sort of honest, self-aware post and your reasonable sense of perspective elsewhere -- it has no home here.

Truth!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

The door is always open,

Coach Deane

Not a True parent, but I assume the families are leaving because the team flew in ringers from out of town for the Hoco games. can management and coaches really be surprised that the local players are looking for different team?

Apparently when you treat players and families like intellectual property (see True Lacrosse LLC vs.Lemuel Moerschel) instead of with decency and respect they can be surprised that no one wants to be part of that.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Does True 28 still exist? The email is vague.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Hawks add 5, cut 3

Which Crab? The pole or the FOSO?

Do teams really have "best players" anymore? Who would the best player from Hawks, FCA or others be? The big pole, the crafty attacker, the fogo, the goalie?

Kind of childish actually.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

The door is always open,

Coach Deane
This has zero context. What happened with this team that would invoke such a vague email from one of the largest names in club lacrosse? Looking at the rankings, this is a team that finished Top 50. I would say that is pretty good. I would say it's highly likely this is a fake post. Just some guy with an axe to grind. If in fact this is real, it would be great to get WAY MORE background on what happened here.

I highly doubt it is fake. it reads exactly like something a lax bro would write after his customers realized what a rip off the fly in model is for the local players. starts off with fake gratitude, then a heavy dose of self-promotion, then some stunning but genuine confusion over why the local kids were unhappy, and ending with some passive aggressive lashing out at people who could care less what he thinks. and as the grand finale, the door is open, as if these people are dense enough to come back and be ripped off all over again.

if it is fake, I want to have a beer with the guy who wrote it - he is brilliant!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Or you could say this time of year is best. Kids get to try out for clubs they’ve always hope to play for. Some will actually make it. Kids move up to higher divisions with better competition. Kids move and get better coaching and more playing time.

It just depends on your perspective.

Agreed.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Two top goalies at the Hawks- that means half the reps and half the play. Where did the old Hawks golaie from True end up?

I’m sure that’s going to go well. Leave it to Hogan to find a way to screw up a good thing.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

The door is always open,

Coach Deane

I highly doubt it is fake. it reads exactly like something a lax bro would write after his customers realized what a rip off the fly in model is for the local players. starts off with fake gratitude, then a heavy dose of self-promotion, then some stunning but genuine confusion over why the local kids were unhappy, and ending with some passive aggressive lashing out at people who could care less what he thinks. and as the grand finale, the door is open, as if these people are dense enough to come back and be ripped off all over again.

if it is fake, I want to have a beer with the guy who wrote it - he is brilliant!

This is when I wish BOTC allowed photo uploads. I’m looking right at it.

Hang tight, one of your friends will get a screenshot via text soon enough if you need to verify. Til then, trust me. Or don’t.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I’m sure one of them will ride the pine and end up leaving, depends on who the more vocal parent is- neither of those goalies are used to split games

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Two top goalies at the Hawks- that means half the reps and half the play. Where did the old Hawks golaie from True end up?

I’m sure that’s going to go well. Leave it to Hogan to find a way to screw up a good thing.

Or have the best goalie room on the best team in the country. Sounds to me like it's working, but what do I know.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
True Chesapeake parents right now……

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

So they should only have one goalie? Oh yeah cause that’s a smart move.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Or have the best goalie room on the best team in the country. Sounds to me like it's working, but what do I know.

Yeah, I’m not a Hawks parent but I think they’ve earned the benefit of the doubt on how to put together a successful lacrosse team at this point.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

The door is always open,

Coach Deane

Hang tight, one of your friends will get a screenshot via text soon enough if you need to verify. Til then, trust me. Or don’t.

I don't need to see a screenshot. I want to know the context of what transpired. that is all.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Did True fold the 2028 team?

Why the emotional email?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Why the emotional email?

Somebody has to know. Sure does sound like it.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Why the emotional email?

It's a real shame that parents didn't feel honor-bound to a team run by a big corporation and with a rich history and traditions stretching back multiple months.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Why the emotional email?

It's a real shame that parents didn't feel honor-bound to a team run by a big corporation and with a rich history and traditions stretching back multiple months.

Especially when they have 4-5 different 2028 teams in the DMV and are still flying kids in for HOCO....

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Why the emotional email?

Especially when they have 4-5 different 2028 teams in the DMV and are still flying kids in for HOCO....

How are they doing on Long Island?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Why the emotional email?

I have no insider knowledge, but I can give a pretty good guess. True 2028 flew in kids from around the country to play in HoCo games, and the local players didn't like being displaced week to week. this is the same reason (among others) why people are leaving Madlax in droves. it's not too hard to figure out, but apparently the True management are surprised and [Censored]-hurt that the families departed. someone on the inside please confirm - is this accurate?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

The door is always open,

Coach Deane

I don't need to see a screenshot. I want to know the context of what transpired. that is all.
The letter is very real. Word is that none of the talented players from last year would commit and were going to other clubs. Therefore the True Chesapeake team as you know it is gone!! The laughable part is that the parents are to blame!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

The door is always open,

Coach Deane

The letter is very real. Word is that none of the talented players from last year would commit and were going to other clubs. Therefore the True Chesapeake team as you know it is gone!! The laughable part is that the parents are to blame!

what did the parents do (or not do) that makes them to blame?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

The door is always open,

Coach Deane

what did the parents do (or not do) that makes them to blame?
The letter blames the parents. The parents would not commit to the team. Many were leaving due to several reasons. You can start with three years of different directors and coaches at the 2028 level. True promising National opportunities on three different National teams but spots given to players and families based on relationships and money. The debacle last year where local kids were practicing every week and then being displaced with fly-ins. It basically boils down to no trust in the organization. True will still have a 2028 team in Annapolis but it will not be Chesapeake as you know it. That team is finished.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Maybe it's just me but have had kids doing this process since 2015 and this year has got to be the craziest I've ever experience, at multiple age groups.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Why the emotional email?

I have no insider knowledge, but I can give a pretty good guess. True 2028 flew in kids from around the country to play in HoCo games, and the local players didn't like being displaced week to week. this is the same reason (among others) why people are leaving Madlax in droves. it's not too hard to figure out, but apparently the True management are surprised and [Censored]-hurt that the families departed. someone on the inside please confirm - is this accurate?

Confirmed. There were other missteps by True that angered many of the players/parents such as folding the DC team after they had tryouts and combining with Annapolis which left the kids who didn't make the team scrambling to find a place to play. True has yet to establish its own program in Maryland. They wanna talk transactional, how about the fact that their Maryland teams only exist because they purchased the rights to other existing programs who were on the way out anyway (Wolfpack, API Diamondbacks, Mesa/Green Hornets/Swarm, USS Lacrosse, Koopers). Additionally, they keep someone who clearly has a problem with alcohol on staff in a business whose customer base are KIDS!!! And promote him no less to VP.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Maybe it's just me but have had kids doing this process since 2015 and this year has got to be the craziest I've ever experience, at multiple age groups.

With new teams, mergers/acquisitions, and fool coaches happening all over the DMV, it certainly has become a show.... I am waiting for a network to make a show from all of this.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Why the emotional email?

Confirmed. There were other missteps by True that angered many of the players/parents such as folding the DC team after they had tryouts and combining with Annapolis which left the kids who didn't make the team scrambling to find a place to play. True has yet to establish its own program in Maryland. They wanna talk transactional, how about the fact that their Maryland teams only exist because they purchased the rights to other existing programs who were on the way out anyway (Wolfpack, API Diamondbacks, Mesa/Green Hornets/Swarm, USS Lacrosse, Koopers). Additionally, they keep someone who clearly has a problem with alcohol on staff in a business whose customer base are KIDS!!! And promote him no less to VP.

💯 this!!!! It’s a feces show of epic proportions. And all the families did to warrant this email…want better for their kids and try out elsewhere.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

With new teams, mergers/acquisitions, and fool coaches happening all over the DMV, it certainly has become a show.... I am waiting for a network to make a show from all of this.
It’s like musical chairs for the truly Elite players. And this is the last summer where we will see significant movement, as these rosters will likely remain relatively intact barring a coach /club director debacle….

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

It’s like musical chairs for the truly Elite players. And this is the last summer where we will see significant movement, as these rosters will likely remain relatively intact barring a coach /club director debacle….

Pretty sure we’ll get it again next summer when high school attendance has shaken out.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I also have a 2027 and that class has had a ton of movement

Like Reply Quote
Page 202 of 260 1 2 200 201 202 203 204 259 260
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Link Copied to Clipboard