BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys High School Lax
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,821
Posts388,540
Members2,610
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 99 of 112 1 2 97 98 99 100 101 111 112
Re: Girls 2027 Grads - Mid Atlantic Region
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Capital rosters announced last night. Lots of exceptional talent didn't make blue team.

I expect this to have a run-on impact to other clubs. Lots of top players are now basically free agents.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Capital rosters announced last night. Lots of exceptional talent didn't make blue team.

I expect this to have a run-on impact to other clubs. Lots of top players are now basically free agents.

If they were exceptional, they would have made it. There are lots of clubs that can use good players.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Rumor is that given the relationship between Stars and Capital, an unusually high number of Stars girls made the two teams. Pride and BLC underrepresented as a result. Will be interesting to see how good the top team will be.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

If they were exceptional, they would have made it. There are lots of clubs that can use good players.

That's why they were at SW tryouts. Will SW be any better cutting half their team for a bunch of "NON A" team players?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

That's why they were at SW tryouts. Will SW be any better cutting half their team for a bunch of "NON A" team players?

Lots of BLC players showing up at various tryouts. Would have thought most of BLC would have made Capital.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Lots of BLC players showing up at various tryouts. Would have thought most of BLC would have made Capital.

I was shocked to hear some of the BLC names who did not make the Blue. Wish them well wherever they land.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Is Capital roster posted and public? Curious to see how things shook out.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I was shocked to hear some of the BLC names who did not make the Blue. Wish them well wherever they land.

Did you see them play this spring? What's surprising is some of them were invited back. Uninspired play. Selfish play. And appeared as if they didn't want to be there.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Is Capital roster posted and public? Curious to see how things shook out.

Offers haven't even been accepted yet. Thursday night 11:59pm deadline.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Well, let's pick a side. So are we surprised at the great talent that didn't make it? If so, then wouldn't the answer be yes, skywalkers would likely be better? Or, are we surprised because we don't know anything really and the answer is no, more average talent won't make that big a difference.
Also, it's innacurate to say SW cut half of their roster, at least at far as I've seen. Did see a few Coppermines, though I don't know what level of skill they were at. NEMS had a few, but namely there were a couple of skilled BLCs and at least one skilled TLC. There wasn't a lot of movement. Not really concerned though.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
One of the better BLC girls only made the Capital B team and is trying to convince other BLC girls that made Capital A to head to Skywalkers is what I’ve heard.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Thankfully SW has other clubs to mold talent and a bunch of them make their way over there, we need more than just HG M&D MDU and Coppermine to have good teams in this state.

I heard Coppermine had 1,141 kids trying out across all of its complexes?

Not.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
One of the better BLC girls only made the Capital B team and is trying to convince other BLC girls that made Capital A to head to Skywalkers is what I’ve heard.

Probably why half of BLC showed up at M&D tryouts as well. It's always tough trying to find a new team.

In retrospect, it might have been wiser to find a new home last year. As to have a better chance and more options.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Congrats to Heros 2027, back to back national champs. Huge accomplishment.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
BLC Coach also had older daughter (2023) play for SW instead of Capital so there is precedent.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Back to Back Champs of what? Not sure what this refers to.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

US Nationals, which is prob weakest of summer tournaments right?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Wha?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I don't think it was "weak". Hero's, YJ and Aces are all great teams. Rest of field was weak. But those 3 make it tough. Just not sure it should be called some sort of National Championship.

Which has me wondering why there is no National Tournament for like the top 16 teams. A true Tournament style Championship.

I guess LFTC is probably the closest thing as it draws the toughest field.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
M&D had 75 + kids at tryouts. Will be interesting to see how the teams play out.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
M&D had 75 + kids at tryouts. Will be interesting to see how the teams play out.

Im sure M&D not happy with how season went as a whole. Expect some change and some great former M&D players looking for a new home.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I don't think it was "weak". Hero's, YJ and Aces are all great teams. Rest of field was weak. But those 3 make it tough. Just not sure it should be called some sort of National Championship.

Which has me wondering why there is no National Tournament for like the top 16 teams. A true Tournament style Championship.

There's one planned for next year:
America’s top youth lacrosse athletes will vie for national titles when the first ever U.S. Club Lacrosse National Championship comes to the Richmond Region next year. The region will host the U.S. Club Lacrosse National Championship from Aug. 1-4 in 2024 at River City Sportsplex in Chesterfield County and Glover Parkin Henrico County. Qualifications for the championship are based on U.S. Club Lacrosse season rankings. More than 10,000 club teams participate in an average lacrosse season in the U.S. The top 16 teams across 12 age groups will earn spots to participate in the tournament.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Im sure M&D not happy with how season went as a whole. Expect some change and some great former M&D players looking for a new home.

Some showed up at Skywalkers for sure, think the total was 100+ 27s signed up.

More than anything, it’s awesome so many want to plays the sport. Hopefully all can find a home somewhere and compete at whatever level

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

They are 47-6. A top 2 team in country. Sounds like they are suffering.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

They are 47-6. A top 2 team in country. Sounds like they are suffering.

Did they get better as a team from the year prior? That is the only measure of success. I know they added more talent, but did it translate on the field?

They are M&D, they are elite vs the rest of the country, likely always in every grad year. They will still make changes.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

The reason why you're calling it week is because most of these Maryland teams can't play in it because their girls are aged out IE not on grade level to US lacrosse standards
The 27 bracket Clearly states U14

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

The reason why you're calling it week is because most of these Maryland teams can't play in it because their girls are aged out IE not on grade level to US lacrosse standards
The 27 bracket Clearly states U14

Or, maybe it's because most Maryland teams are playing this weekend instead

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Who still has tryouts?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Sounds like SW cut their blue players for some new girls that weren’t any better. Any word on final roster ?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Who still has tryouts?
NEMS!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Maryland United - Sat at Moose
4-6pm

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Sounds like SW cut their blue players for some new girls that weren’t any better. Any word on final roster ?

Decisions have already been made, offers made, offers accepted and rosters solid this quickly? Weren’t their final tryouts just last night?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Curious to know if that affected any girls on White...

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I would expect the girls cut from Blue would go to White

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

White will be very competitive in their bracket based off the talent that moved over last and this year PLUS new girls from other clubs that played "A" level. My guess is about 50 percent of the current white roster will be gone.

No idea what happened at NEMS but half their roster was at Skywalkers this week. I am sure some will accept SWW, go back to NEMS or land at places like TLC or Coppermine B team.

FWIW, the TLC Red 26 girls are very good and the 24 Red team did well with recruiting per sports recruits page. Denver, Navy, ECU, Mercer, Coastal and some smaller D1s

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

SWB got some really good players and added a bunch of depth.

I am sure Coppermine did the same.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Whoever coaches/ runs NEMS lacrosse, Should be let go. They totally lost the 2027 team (and others) which was loaded with competitive talented girls 2/3 years ago. They lost their best players last year and now the remaining girls are trying out all over Maryland trying to find some stable ground. Not good …hopefully they can regroup and keep it together with their younger teams. But unfortunately, Maryland lost a competitive team but will strengthen other clubs to in the area.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
NEMS is run by a bunch of fools. This is not surprising.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I would expect the girls cut from Blue would go to White
Yes, likely to white. The SWB cut not quite half, no current starters. Good depth and a few maybe vying for a spot or 2.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I don't think it was "weak". Hero's, YJ and Aces are all great teams. Rest of field was weak. But those 3 make it tough. Just not sure it should be called some sort of National Chamrnepionship.

There's one planned for next year:
America’s top youth lacrosse athletes will vie for national titles when the first ever U.S. Club Lacrosse National Championship comes to the Richmond Region next year. The region will host the U.S. Club Lacrosse National Championship from Aug. 1-4 in 2024 at River City Sportsplex in Chesterfield County and Glover Parkin Henrico County. Qualifications for the championship are based on U.S. Club Lacrosse season rankings. More than 10,000 club teams participate in an average lacrosse season in the U.S. The top 16 teams across 12 age groups will earn spots to participate in the tournament.

I doubt more than 3 of the top 16 teams actually play. no sense to have a tourney after tryouts for 1/2 of the country.

Page 99 of 112 1 2 97 98 99 100 101 111 112

Link Copied to Clipboard