BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys High School Lax
by Anonymous -
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,821
Posts388,535
Members2,610
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 19 of 25 1 2 17 18 19 20 21 24 25
Re: 2022-2023 Women's DI-III College Lacrosse Season
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Very easy to play with more than 4 attackers. The 5th can come in on a string. This assumes they dont adopt the proposed 6v6 change next month.

So which of the returning top 4 scorers from last years team are going to sit the bench for the sisters and if its 6v6 which two of the top 4 scorers will be sitting. The transfer already took her red shirt year so will be interesting. That said UNC has had pack 12 super stars transfer in with more accolades than Humphrey and not play as much as they had hoped , the ACC and UNC in particular are a different animal. Someone is not going to get the playing time they had hoped for unless UNC gets 1 or 2 of them to redshirt and takes Wurzburgers spot when she leaves.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Very easy to play with more than 4 attackers. The 5th can come in on a string. This assumes they dont adopt the proposed 6v6 change next month.

So which of the returning top 4 scorers from last years team are going to sit the bench for the sisters and if its 6v6 which two of the top 4 scorers will be sitting. The transfer already took her red shirt year so will be interesting. That said UNC has had pack 12 super stars transfer in with more accolades than Humphrey and not play as much as they had hoped , the ACC and UNC in particular are a different animal. Someone is not going to get the playing time they had hoped for unless UNC gets 1 or 2 of them to redshirt and takes Wurzburgers spot when she leaves.

Levy will have to figure that out she's probably still upset that her top scorers put 4 goals in vs Denver. When you stockpile your team you will have unhappy girls sitting on the bench.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Why was the post about the injured Yale player removed? It was a serious question it did not violate the "so called rules' of posting on this forum. I was hoping to get a discussion going on the possible rule changes and if this mother's petition and suggested rule changes will have any influence with the NCAA. So you are choosing what to post and not to post. Which I think to some extent is great. Maybe you should pay more attention over on the MD forum where coaches and players names are being posted and talked about in a negative manner daily. Pretty sure the posting of minors names and making derogatroy remarks does in fact violate your posting rules.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Why was the post about the injured Yale player removed? It was a serious question it did not violate the "so called rules' of posting on this forum. I was hoping to get a discussion going on the possible rule changes and if this mother's petition and suggested rule changes will have any influence with the NCAA. So you are choosing what to post and not to post. Which I think to some extent is great. Maybe you should pay more attention over on the MD forum where coaches and players names are being posted and talked about in a negative manner daily. Pretty sure the posting of minors names and making derogatroy remarks does in fact violate your posting rules.
I was wondering the same thing!! It's strange that it would be removed but yet so many other items are "allowed"?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Can someone explain the US u20 tryouts…they got invited, but did they apply? How are they chosen? How did they add 2 more girls right before tryouts?

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Can someone explain the US u20 tryouts…they got invited, but did they apply? How are they chosen? How did they add 2 more girls right before tryouts?

There was an application process. But you had to be invited. Yes strange that 2 girls were added at last minute. I do know of at least 2 that are not attending due to injuries. Maybe they’re replacements? Or maybe the same old political shenanigans? Lots of very talented girls are participating, but I’m also pretty sure about half the team is already chosen no matter how they actually perform at the tryout

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

There was an application process. But you had to be invited. Yes strange that 2 girls were added at last minute. I do know of at least 2 that are not attending due to injuries. Maybe they’re replacements? Or maybe the same old political shenanigans? Lots of very talented girls are participating, but I’m also pretty sure about half the team is already chosen no matter how they actually perform at the tryout
Thank you. I also thought maybe the 2 added were due to others not being able to attend. Politics always plays a role (unfortunately). Kind of surprised though NOT to see some names that were not invited - particularly the ones that are already playing D1.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
They all had to apply. And then invites go out based on the applications

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Anyone was allowed to apply. Many aren’t on the list because the either didn’t want to do it or their summer plans didn’t allow them to attend the tryouts.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Thank you. I also thought maybe the 2 added were due to others not being able to attend. Politics always plays a role (unfortunately). Kind of surprised though NOT to see some names that were not invited - particularly the ones that are already playing D1.

If you are referring to some 2022s who had successful freshman performances on top teams this year, some might be too old. There is a September 1 cutoff, so any 2022s who are old enough to have been 2021s are not eligible. It’s also possible they weren’t interested and didn’t apply. I get the appeal playing for Team USA but seems like a lot of time and money to play mostly inferior competition.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Wow, saw the U20 roster. What a joke. Many of course very deserving, but you’re telling me 7/9 Northwestern girls?? Please stop. I was there and watched. One of them was absolutely horrible. My daughter didn’t get picked, which is fine, but come on. There are girls on there that did absolutely nothing and got pushed through. You’re telling me the #2 2023 recruit who had a phenomenal tryout gets cut?? UNC head coach in stands glaring at evaluators making sure her daughter and other commits are pushed through. There were maybe 2 2024 girls that deserved it. They also had no refs, so a lot of illegal stuff going on. Very disappointed with the integrity of the process.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
At the end of the day, the majority of selection is always going to be political. You know before the tryouts even begin, who is going to make it. Honestly, I'm curious to see if names get added to the roster before the Fall...I'm sure some emails went out with complaints - happens under all the "best of the best" tryouts.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Wow, saw the U20 roster. What a joke. Many of course very deserving, but you’re telling me 7/9 Northwestern girls?? Please stop. I was there and watched. One of them was absolutely horrible. My daughter didn’t get picked, which is fine, but come on. There are girls on there that did absolutely nothing and got pushed through. You’re telling me the #2 2023 recruit who had a phenomenal tryout gets cut?? UNC head coach in stands glaring at evaluators making sure her daughter and other commits are pushed through. There were maybe 2 2024 girls that deserved it. They also had no refs, so a lot of illegal stuff going on. Very disappointed with the integrity of the process.

We completely avoided this event, as the transparency isn't great. Don't think about trying out for the program in a non-hotbed area. Those locations are just money grabs and they won't take players, even if they are ranked highly.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
At the end of the day, the majority of selection is always going to be political. You know before the tryouts even begin, who is going to make it. Honestly, I'm curious to see if names get added to the roster before the Fall...I'm sure some emails went out with complaints - happens under all the "best of the best" tryouts.

"the majority of selection is always going to be political"

Must be tough going through life with that attitude.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Not an attitude at all, just being honest.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

So, "the majority" of the selections will always be political? Sorry, but that is an "attitude". It is not truth or fact. It might be your opinion but it stems from your attitude that these selections will always be political.

Maybe, just maybe the coach thinks the players that she selected will form the best team. After all, it is the coaches opinion that matters not yours.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

So, "the majority" of the selections will always be political? Sorry, but that is an "attitude". It is not truth or fact. It might be your opinion but it stems from your attitude that these selections will always be political.

Maybe, just maybe the coach thinks the players that she selected will form the best team. After all, it is the coaches opinion that matters not yours.

The truth is that any of those girls at the tryout would blow out the weak “international” competition, which is actually made up of other American girls. The fact that coach took 7/9 of her own girls, some of which had terrible tryout tells us all we need to know. Of course those are the best girls in her opinion. Gotta feel sorry for the two she didn’t take. And some, not all, of those ‘24s were head scratchers and certainly political picks. It’s a political process. But so are many things in life and the lax world. Let’s just recognize it for what it is.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

The truth is that any of those girls at the tryout would blow out the weak “international” competition, which is actually made up of other American girls. The fact that coach took 7/9 of her own girls, some of which had terrible tryout tells us all we need to know. Of course those are the best girls in her opinion. Gotta feel sorry for the two she didn’t take. And some, not all, of those ‘24s were head scratchers and certainly political picks. It’s a political process. But so are many things in life and the lax world. Let’s just recognize it for what it is.

How do you know they had a terrible try out? I really hope there were not parents watching try outs for three days and all the sessions. If you did please release your daughter to the game. Even if you were from out of town go see the sites. No reason ANY parent should have been there watching.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

There were four 2024's added to the list.

Kate Levy
Eliza Osburn
Devon Russell
Hannah Rudolph

The assumption is you're saying the NC coach's daughter and the Northwestern commit are "political" picks?

You do realize a daughter of a coach can be a great player and, quite possibly, have earned her spot why her play? Uh ok. I'd detest to live in your world because it must not be a fun one.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Why does the “opinion” bother you so much then? Never said some girls didn’t deserve it, because they did. At the end of the day there will always be politics-right or wrong. Again, no attitude at all.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Kate Levy
Eliza Osburn
Devon Russell
Hannah Rudolph

The assumption is you're saying the NC coach's daughter and the Northwestern commit are "political" picks?

You do realize a daughter of a coach can be a great player and, quite possibly, have earned her spot why her play? Uh ok. I'd detest to live in your world because it must not be a fun one.

2/4 ‘24s deserved it, 2/9 Northwestern girls deserved it. Yes, I watched as did pretty much all of the other parents of the girls invited to the tryouts, including UNC head coach who clearly had a role in the process. Everyone who was there knows the truth. You’re telling me that 2 Maryland top 10 recruits and Duke #2 recruit were not better than some politically connected girls who had meh tryouts. Phenomenal draw girl from Virginia Tech. Also #1 girl from Suffolk committed to BC, and Plenty more examples. It is political, but that’s life. Convince me otherwise if you were there. Remember 7/9 NW. that’s all you need to know to know. All good.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

How do you know they had a terrible try out? I really hope there were not parents watching try outs for three days and all the sessions. If you did please release your daughter to the game. Even if you were from out of town go see the sites. No reason ANY parent should have been there watching.

Does that include J Levy, lol?? Making sure her daughter was getting the looks😉

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
There were no certified refs at a USA tryout. Northwestern current players “helping out”. Is this an actual Joke?? How can lacrosse be taken seriously?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Of COURSE parents were watching!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Kate Levy
Eliza Osburn
Devon Russell
Hannah Rudolph

Lol you don't think they were political picks? Northwestern with 7/9 making it and Levy sitting in the stands watching.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Absolutely you should address this with Jenn Levy.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

JL is the coach of the womens national team and I was not referring to her. Helicopter parents are the ones I was referring to. Those who sit in the stands during a try out and think they know better then the USA staff that was tasked with evaluating the 98 athletes. I had no issue with the try out process and was not there to watch my daughter try out. I released my daughter to the game YEARS ago.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
100%. I agree. The same way all the showcases that the kids went through all the years before were picked fairly. AS, AA, UA. Etc etc. No way it had anything to do with name recognition or team.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

JL is the coach of the womens national team and I was not referring to her. Helicopter parents are the ones I was referring to. Those who sit in the stands during a try out and think they know better then the USA staff that was tasked with evaluating the 98 athletes. I had no issue with the try out process and was not there to watch my daughter try out. I released my daughter to the game YEARS ago.

Lol, she was not there as an evaluator (officially that is) she was there to make sure her daughter made the team. Based on the tryout she would not have if mommy wasn’t pulling strings. It’s called politics. She should not have been allowed to be there given the conflict of interest. I actually have a problem with any 24s even being allowed to try out at all. There were plenty of 23s and 22s better and more experienced. You’re telling me that a 24 deserves a spot over a proven 22 who already completed a year of college where she earned accolades? Nonsense

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The problem is no other country including Canada is going to give them much competition so they can pick who they want. Its unfair and has always been. Would be interesting if no parents were allowed to watch and neutral evaluators with the players being anonymous were used .

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Got it. Different rules for different parents.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Some parents will never accept that not everyone has the same opinion as they have about their daughter. These very same parents complain every time other people believe that there are players stronger than their daughter.

As for the US U20 tryouts one question stands out to me:

- Did Northwestern offer your daughter a spot?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Some parents will never accept that not everyone has the same opinion as they have about their daughter. These very same parents complain every time other people believe that there are players stronger than their daughter.

Yes, she declined

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Yes, she declined

Actually several of the girls who were cut visited Northwestern but ultimately decided to go elsewhere. They were her top choices. Interesting don’t you think?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Yes, she declined

Actually several of the girls who were cut visited Northwestern but ultimately decided to go elsewhere. They were her top choices. Interesting don’t you think?

Crickets!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The problem is no other country including Canada is going to give them much competition so they can pick who they want. Its unfair and has always been. Would be interesting if no parents were allowed to watch and neutral evaluators with the players being anonymous were used .

So true! If a girl is a decent player and has a connection with another country , probably better off to go play in that country. Better odds and less politics. Plus, very fun experience.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
NCAA has announced rule changes thoughts?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
NCAA has announced rule changes thoughts?

Glad they threw out 6v6. Love the flopping and shooting space rules. Not fool about all the 1 min green card calls but the changes are easier to swallow since they rebuked the 6v6.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What is everyone’s problem with the 6 v 6. Also good luck to the upcoming freshman and returning offensive players at BC who were hoping to get playing time , not going to happen. All these players who abandon their friends and teams to join already stacked teams in hope of getting an NCAA championship by riding on the backs of already established teams says a lot about their character . I get a player leaving a school because they dislike the school for certain reasons but taking the easy route to winning is pathetic.

Like Reply Quote
Page 19 of 25 1 2 17 18 19 20 21 24 25
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Link Copied to Clipboard