BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys High School Lax
by Anonymous -
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,821
Posts388,535
Members2,610
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 14 of 18 1 2 12 13 14 15 16 17 18
Re: Boys 2027-8th Grade Fall 2022/Summer 2023
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Correction: The 27's, playing with a solid core of 26's, had #1, #2, #3, #4 ranked teams. When you think of the tournament in that light, you realize it wasn't that great. Not only were there many, many 26's playing as 27's, all but a handful are not reclassing or holding back this upcoming year because they are already in high school.

I also find it comincal high schools are out there trolling the 27's to consider their schools. It's late June. Are they really going to grease the kids so some kid can get into their school this fall? Or is the next step to tell them to begin the admission process in the fall towards a transfer and holdback in Fall of '24? I guess that's why this sport holds the position it does.

Why do you care?

Why do you post st***d things? You must have been a '26 playing in the '27 division.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Correction: The 27's, playing with a solid core of 26's, had #1, #2, #3, #4 ranked teams. When you think of the tournament in that light, you realize it wasn't that great. Not only were there many, many 26's playing as 27's, all but a handful are not reclassing or holding back this upcoming year because they are already in high school.

I also find it comincal high schools are out there trolling the 27's to consider their schools. It's late June. Are they really going to grease the kids so some kid can get into their school this fall? Or is the next step to tell them to begin the admission process in the fall towards a transfer and holdback in Fall of '24? I guess that's why this sport holds the position it does.

Why do you care?

Why do you post st***d things? You must have been a '26 playing in the '27 division.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Why do you care?

Congratulations on repeating 9th grade.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
We’re almost done with this silly holdback conversation. My son isn’t a holdback but he’s certainly gotten better and is more prepared for high school as a result of playing against them. Thanks holdbacks!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Only thing tgat will stop 1-2 year holdbacks playing will be lawsuits to hold organizers an uslax associations responsible. Sounds nuts but they dont have to win the lawsuir but you get a kid laid out with a gead injury etc to the wrong family and the suits will begin flying. Sure they will never win but that will be all it takes for change...legal fees time, headaches and they will change

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The high school coaches are recruiting for '24 not '23. Prep schools don't care if you are a rising 8th grader or PG candidate, they look for future players, especially if you can afford to pay full or partial tuition. Private day or boarding school programs will only get stronger with US Lacrosse pushing for age verification.

Tournament directors need to adopt age-verification if it's going to work. US Lacrosse is not a governing body and cannot enforce age-verification. US Lacrosse offers insurance coverage to member programs that have 100% of its players and coaches with US Lacrosse membership #s. I would think tournament directors carry US Lacrosse insurance for their tournaments as well. Maybe you can withhold insurance coverage as a small deterrent to reclass eligible programs and tournament directors, but those programs/tournament directors will just get their insurance from other carriers.

Do you know how many reclass players participated between the top 4 teams at Naptown? Guessing not as many as you think. It will be interesting to see if this group of '27 national teams continue to dominate in the rankings in high school. Usually, the national teams splinter and the stronger local and regional teams are the standouts. There is a strong movement with national teams now at the youth level.

Let the reclass argument go and enjoy high school club lacrosse. If your kid plays for a legit program, reclasses are inevitable.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
It’s about obvious and current 26’s playing in the class below them. I would venture 6-8 per team. Mad Dog played a tourney literally the weekend before Naptown and showed up the next day with 15 new players. Every player was bigger and faster. You don’t travel to 2 tournaments playing 5 days in a row and have 2 rosters. 3d Georgia played in the same 2 tournaments and had the same roster for both.

This won’t happen in high school because now the players are easily identifiable.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What's the difference....express also has 6 reclasses. I guess they all do it so no point in singling one out .

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Only thing tgat will stop 1-2 year holdbacks playing will be lawsuits to hold organizers an uslax associations responsible. Sounds nuts but they dont have to win the lawsuir but you get a kid laid out with a gead injury etc to the wrong family and the suits will begin flying. Sure they will never win but that will be all it takes for change...legal fees time, headaches and they will change

Just keep signing those waivers! So concerned about your kids safety but you put him out in the field anyway. Seems like you really do t care about his safety at all!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Mad Dog National (West) didn't play the weekend before and hadn't played since NAL in early June. Colorado Kings played Great 8 the weekend before which features a number of Mad Dog players. Guessing most of the top national kids played Crab Feast or Great 8 and rolled right into Naptown. 3D Georgia is a great program and guessing they ran into deeper national teams at Naptown. Tired maybe, outmatched most likely.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Mad Dog West played in Great 8. Then brought in a mix of 26’s and kings for Naptown.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I also find it comincal high schools are out there trolling the 27's to consider their schools. It's late June. Are in on

Why do you care?
[quote=Anonymous]Correction: The 27's, playing with a solid core of 26's, had #1, #2, #3, #4 ranked teams. When you think of the tournament in that light, you realize it wasn't that great. Not only were there many, many 26's playing as 27's, all but a handful are not reclassing or holding back this upcoming year because they are already in high school.

Why do you care?

At the First in Class clinic, a number (more than 3) of 26’s were caught trying to play down as 27’s. Because it was a showcase and not a tournament, they were removed and assigned to the 26 group. This caused drills and teams to be disrupted for the organizers and participants.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Mad Dog West played in Great 8. Then brought in a mix of 26’s and kings for Naptown.

Right....and express carries 6 2026 kids on their roster to every practice and tournament. So what's your point ?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You just made it for him. Congratulations on you son repeating 9th grade.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

. If holdbacks are dominating your kid he has no future in lacrosse.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I also find it comincal high schools are out there trolling the 27's to consider their schools. It's late June. Are in on

Why do you care?
[quote=Anonymous]Correction: The 27's, playing with a solid core of 26's, had #1, #2, #3, #4 ranked teams. When you think of the tournament in that light, you realize it wasn't that great. Not only were there many, many 26's playing as 27's, all but a handful are not reclassing or holding back this upcoming year because they are already in high school.

Why do you care?

At the First in Class clinic, a number (more than 3) of 26’s were caught trying to play down as 27’s. Because it was a showcase and not a tournament, they were removed and assigned to the 26 group. This caused drills and teams to be disrupted for the organizers and participants.

Sorry. He’s not a holdback, but he is getting ready for high school where he will most certainly play against kids older than him. Perhaps you should start concentrating on that.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Why do you care?

Why do you care?

Sorry. He’s not a holdback, but he is getting ready for high school where he will most certainly play against kids older than him. Perhaps you should start concentrating on that.

No, he won’t. Jv bound where the 10th graders are on age and the same age as the freshman. Sorry mommy

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Mad Dog showed up to Naptown with a different roster because the team that played at Great 8 was their Mad Dog West Elite team (CA kids only) while their Mad Dog National West team that won Naptown was their National Black team (CA, CO, TX). Mad Dog National Black went by National West for some reason and the National Gold (B team) went by National East at Naptown. Hope that clears things up for you. Mad Dog National Black has been a top 5 team for a while now.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
the Mad Dog 2027 team at Great 8 was the Mad Dog West Elite team of just California kids while the Mad Dog National West team at Naptown was Mad Dog National Black, comprised of players from Mad Dog West Elite (CA), Kings (CO) and Texas Nationals, along with a few others. So, no, not the same team at all. Naptown had numerous other national and regional teams, so different class of competition in that one.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Why do you care?

Why do you care?

No, he won’t. Jv bound where the 10th graders are on age and the same age as the freshman. Sorry mommy

You're the sorry one on here crying because your kid can't play against anyone older than him. My kids been playing up for years.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
There weren’t any 2026s on Mad Dog at Naptown. Give me a break. They have a few reclasses, as does every elite team. Much less than most of the teams they play, including the BBL team they played in the final.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

He does have a future. Just probably not at the D1 level. And that’s ok.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
There weren’t any 2026s on Mad Dog at Naptown. Give me a break. They have a few reclasses, as does every elite team. Much less than most of the teams they play, including the BBL team they played in the final.

Not saying other teams dont do it but they are losers also.

Thankfully some kids are true athletes and they will squeeze out the underachieving holdbacks eventually

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Holdbacks are here to stay. That is what the college coaches want. Give it to them.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Holdbacks are here to stay. That is what the college coaches want. Give it to them.

Between holdbacks and transfers, players really need to focus on the college and not just the sport.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Between holdbacks and transfers, players really need to focus on the college and not just the sport.

Why in the world would you concentrate on a sport that offers nothing? A mere pittance of scholarship money, you spend more on club than you will ever get in return scholarship wise. Spend it on tutors, that’s where the scholarship money is at.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Why in the world would you concentrate on a sport that offers nothing? A mere pittance of scholarship money, you spend more on club than you will ever get in return scholarship wise. Spend it on tutors, that’s where the scholarship money is at.

It takes a brain to realize what you're saying about lacrosse. However you have to realIze that you're preaching to the brainless . Don't forget that most lacrosse players past and present needed lacrosse to actually even step foot in a decent college . So you're right about what you're saying but it's falling on deaf ears as the majority can't comprehend what you're even saying and this the need to continue paying thousands each year to keep going with this ridiculous chase of a scholarship for their son lol

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

It's definitely ok because the top academic D3 schools are better than 70% of the D1 schools and provide better career outcomes.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

It's definitely ok because the top academic D3 schools are better than 70% of the D1 schools and provide better career outcomes.

And they only cost $70,000 a year. So you won’t even get that $12,000 scholarship. Welcome to the rich kids sport.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Haven't been following 2027 whatsoever, as I have a 2029 son.

But I saw 2027 LIE get slaughtered by Sweetlax FLA this weekend at PT. I was shocked to learn that LIE '27 is a CoachC team. I've always thought he was an elite coach (I'm sure he still is), but his team looked like it had no HHH.
Sweetlax stepped on the gas peddle all they way to the final seconds.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

But I saw 2027 LIE get slaughtered by Sweetlax FLA this weekend at PT. I was shocked to learn that LIE '27 is a CoachC team. I've always thought he was an elite coach (I'm sure he still is), but his team looked like it had no HHH.

What you saw was the B team .....the A team was at a different tournament and beat 91 Machine .

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

What you saw was the B team .....the A team was at a different tournament and beat 91 Machine .

Whew! glad to hear it was the B team.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What you saw was the old 2027 A team, the 2026 team came down and beat Machine!!!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What you saw was the old 2027 A team, the 2026 team came down and beat Machine!!!

What does that mean ? Not sure what to make of that statement

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

And they only cost $70,000 a year. So you won’t even get that $12,000 scholarship. Welcome to the rich kids sport.

You can always combine it with an academic scholarship.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
MISINFORMED AS USUAL. The 2026 team was with their coach at Nike Nationals ( they won the tourney). BUT… the 2027 Haugen team played an incredible OT game against Machine. Incredible game!,,

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
MISINFORMED AS USUAL. The 2026 team was with their coach at Nike Nationals ( they won the tourney). BUT… the 2027 Haugen team played an incredible OT game against Machine. Incredible game!,,

Not misinformed...talking about the Haugen team with the bunch of reclassed kids . As has been pointed out on here the team has 6 older kids ..... unfortunately that team will always be known as a bunch of reclasses and the on age kids will never get the credit they deaerve for their hard work . Thus the reason for calling it a 2026 team no confusion

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Not misinformed...talking about the Haugen team with the bunch of reclassed kids . As has been pointed out on here the team has 6 older kids ..... unfortunately that team will always be known as a bunch of reclasses and the on age kids will never get the credit they deaerve for their hard work . Thus the reason for calling it a 2026 team no confusion

“Always” no one cares but you dude. Get a grip. It will be forgotten in a week while it festers in your brain. What a silly comment from an equally silly mom.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Who's looking forward to NLF Championships where Express and 91 block the rest of Long Island from attending?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Who's looking forward to NLF Championships where Express and 91 block the rest of Long Island from attending?

If you want to play in the NLF Championship, then play for an NLF team. End of Story.

Rather than complain, why don’t you have your son try out for the big boys?

Page 14 of 18 1 2 12 13 14 15 16 17 18

Link Copied to Clipboard