BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys High School Lax
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,821
Posts388,535
Members2,610
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 97 of 112 1 2 95 96 97 98 99 111 112
Re: Girls 2027 Grads - Mid Atlantic Region
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Not true. Hero’s do not have the best middies out there in the country. M&D has the best 3 middies in the country together to start and are so deep you can say the best 5 as a team…All team players all are great. Noted they are team players. part of a team not individually. Like Aces girls and 1 or 2 hero’s girls. M&D is team unlike these individuals on aces and Hero’s not a good look. Aces is an embarrassment with the way # 2 treats her teammates. Bad parenting. Bad coaching. Sorry just what have seen.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Take the center mid away from M&D and try and win. You just have a mid daughter you are including in the top 5. Their first 3 are very good. 2nd group is average. Not a parent of either Heros or M&D.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
M&D does not have the 3 best middies in the country either…have you watched Florida Select? I watched them against Heros and EagleStix and against M&D last January. M&D has a great team and my daughter plays for a Baltimore team but best middies, um no.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Aces really was eye opening how much “me ball” they play, and maybe that girl was having a bad weekend but she stood out as a complete personality red flag. Hopefully some humble pie served up by mom and dad can get her back down to earth.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
What I noticed while watching a few M&D games this weekend is: M&D is explosive because they have 7 capable players on offensive that penetrate to move the defense, move the ball effectively and they play as a unit. Also, You can't aggressively push up on them defensively it makes too many holes for them to expose. Fun to watch.

Hopefully for the sake of MID Atlantic competitiveness: Coppermine girls stay get a few pieces and same for SW. Need another Top A team since BLC is no longer

Also, HG defense is not terrible, not sure what games you are watching.

My daughter's team has played against Heros many times over the past 2 years, losing all by one of those games.

Heros is a top 3 team in the nation depending on the weak. They aren't bad or even average at anything. Anyone who thinks so isn't watching or doesn't understand lacrosse.

All that being said, here is what I see as their strengths and weaknesses COMPARED TO OTHER TOP 5 NATIONAL TEAS (M&D, YJ, Aces, ES). They are better in all areas against almost anyone else

- Depth: In my mind, their greatest strength. The talent they bring off their bench is still elite. M&D is probably the only one who is even close

- Goalie: All top 5 teams have outstanding goalies. I think YJ #1 is probably the best in the country, but Hero's goalie is close

- Defense: Work very well as a team and don't give up cheap goal. A couple of their Low defenders are weak in 1:1 matchups. Good teams try to isolate their girls and win on 1v1 matches. Hero's starting middies are probably a bit below the rest on their defense. They're clear is outstanding with great positioning. The goalie does a great job communicating to her D.

- Middies: Outstanding in terms of speed, depth, Lax IQ and decision making. Probably the best middle unit out there

- Attack: Probably middle of the pack. Lots of talented girls here, who are great in transition. Heros doesn't run their offense through attackers like M&D, ES and YJ do so a bit harder to compare. Their redefending is often inconsistent and they don't create many turnovers on clears.

- Draw: Probably the weakness of the team. They do well against lower teams, but don't have the size or athleticism on the circle that some other top 5 teams do.

- Coaching: outstanding. Everyone knows their role and they are able to make adjustments as needed

Thanks heroes mom and or coach

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Aces really was eye opening how much “me ball” they play, and maybe that girl was having a bad weekend but she stood out as a complete personality red flag. Hopefully some humble pie served up by mom and dad can get her back down to earth.

She's just as bad when they are winning. Dad is probably more of a problem than a solution.

She is talented enough, she will probably get recruited by a big time school. The impact will likely be to some of the other girls on the team who coaches may shy away from, not wanting to deal with someone from this culture.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

She's been face-guarded by many teams these last two weeks. Probably frustration taking over. She'll be fine.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Time for my UNBIASED year end rankings

Most of the top teams have 1 tournament left. Either through the G8 or Mid Atlantic Championship.

Aces, M&D, Eagle and Fl Select are top draws at Mid Atlantic

Hero's, YJ, MDU and maybe Steps are top teams at G8

Regardless of outcomes, I think some things are settled for the year. Some teams will have missing kids or tryouts that affect the last tournaments.

Top 10 teams (and yes, top 4 are clearly better as a whole for the year)

1. Hero's. Great season, although losing to M&D twice in 2 weeks shook things up. They need a piece or two to stay at top 3 for next 3 years. But who doesn't

1A. M&D. Playing by far the best. But Hero's body of work up until recently means they share the 1 spot. Offensive firepower tops in the country. Need another lockdown defender.

3. Aces. Get's the nod over YJ. Because they have been more active. They have 5 losses this season. 4 of them by M&D. Need to learn what "team" means

4. YJ. Great talent, great season. Threw in a clunker at LFTC. Plus they don't play a lot of tournaments. Still easily top 4.

5. Eaglestix. Great season. Always seem to be 1 step behind the top 4 teams. Appreciate the fact they will travel to play good teams. Huge draw advantage. Needs more speed on offense

6. Fla Select. Another great season. Same as Eagle. Just a step behind. Great showing at Mid Atlantic can vault them to 5. Just need a tougher full season schedule. Which given their location isn't their fault. Fast team. Soft defense.

7. MDU. Although Hershey was terrible, their body of work for the season was better than expected. They always have a tough schedule. Well coached. They look tired.

8. Bethesda. I'm sure people may not agree. But they are still really good. Despite playing uninspired for the last 2 weeks. If you see them on your schedule, you know you are bringing your A game. Good luck to those finding new teams.

9. Jesters. Bit of an enigma. Beat some really good teams. Threw in a couple of head scratchers against average teams. Tough D. Need to find some scoring. Not a team you want to see in a 20 minute playoff game.

10 Steps Nj / Steps Cali. They can share 10 spot. Both really good teams. But not great. They need to play better teams to get recognition as top teams.

Honorable mention for solid seasons and performing above expectations

Coppermine, FLG, Pride, Prime Time

*** Three asterisks for to Alliance. Yes I know they are good. But they barely play. And given the opportunity to solidify a top 10 ranking at Mid-Atlantic, they end up in a 2nd tier bracket. Confusing to me.

Again, just my unbiased opinions. I don't think anything that happens over the next few weeks would change my mind. In fact, it would be nice to see Eagle, Fla Select or Steps ruffle a few feathers at years end.

Good luck to everyone

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

She's been face-guarded by many teams these last two weeks. Probably frustration taking over. She'll be fine.

For me, the bigger issue is coaches condoning the behavior than the behavior itself. I know many MD teams who would sit a girl for the rest of her game if she screamed at her teammates multiple times like that.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Screaming at teammates, Refs, etc opponents.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Most of the top teams have 1 tournament left. Either through the G8 or Mid Atlantic Championship.

Regardless of outcomes, I think some things are settled for the year. Some teams will have missing kids or tryouts that affect the last tournaments.

1. Hero's. Great season, although losing to M&D twice in 2 weeks shook things up. They need a piece or two to stay at top 3 for next 3 years. But who doesn't

1A. M&D. Playing by far the best. But Hero's body of work up until recently means they share the 1 spot. Offensive firepower tops in the country. Need another lockdown defender.

3. Aces. Get's the nod over YJ. Because they have been more active. They have 5 losses this season. 4 of them by M&D. Need to learn what "team" means

4. YJ. Great talent, great season. Threw in a clunker at LFTC. Plus they don't play a lot of tournaments. Still easily top 4.

5. Eaglestix. Great season. Always seem to be 1 step behind the top 4 teams. Appreciate the fact they will travel to play good teams. Huge draw advantage. Needs more speed on offense

6. Fla Select. Another great season. Same as Eagle. Just a step behind. Great showing at Mid Atlantic can vault them to 5. Just need a tougher full season schedule. Which given their location isn't their fault. Fast team. Soft defense.

7. MDU. Although Hershey was terrible, their body of work for the season was better than expected. They always have a tough schedule. Well coached. They look tired.

8. Bethesda. I'm sure people may not agree. But they are still really good. Despite playing uninspired for the last 2 weeks. If you see them on your schedule, you know you are bringing your A game. Good luck to those finding new teams.

9. Jesters. Bit of an enigma. Beat some really good teams. Threw in a couple of head scratchers against average teams. Tough D. Need to find some scoring. Not a team you want to see in a 20 minute playoff game.

10 Steps Nj / Steps Cali. They can share 10 spot. Both really good teams. But not great. They need to play better teams to get recognition as top teams.

*** Three asterisks for to Alliance. Yes I know they are good. But they barely play. And given the opportunity to solidify a top 10 ranking at Mid-Atlantic, they end up in a 2nd tier bracket. Confusing to me.

Again, just my unbiased opinions. I don't think anything that happens over the next few weeks would change my mind. In fact, it would be nice to see Eagle, Fla Select or Steps ruffle a few feathers at years end.

Good luck to everyone

BLC's best offensive player has not played since the NGLL semi final loss to Hero's due to injury. Obviously it's a team game and depth matters, but she's the heat beat of the team. BLC struggled to score goals and win draws without her. Good luck to those players as they find their new club team homes.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Good luck to everyone

I think these are pretty much right on. I think after 9, there is probably not much difference until you get to 20. Personally, I would put FLG 10, but agree its very close. I would also put NXT in the honorable mention as well. (Their ranking is significantly hurt by lots of spring games where they didn't have half their team)

If you look at Steps NJ, PrimeTime, Pride, etc, none of them have a quality top 10 win. Steps CA's only big win is against Alliance which i know this board discounts.

I could see YJ moving up. Remember they have 3 tourneys left. If they win out, i could see them in a top 2 or 3 spot. Don't think that is likely mainly because it woudl require them to win 16 to 17 games in 8 days -- really hard for a team that barely subs.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Good luck to everyone

1a. M&D - have been dominate all summer and have wind in sails

1b. HG - VERY strong spring and summer but not clicking on all cylinders like M&D

3. Aces - Talented but if you take out #2 you have a shot, she needs to elevate her teammates as the talent gap closes going into HS

4. YJ - Great talent and really well coached. Consistently very good.

5. Eaglestix - Lots of talent, pull from a large geography with little to no real competition for best in class players. Very dangerous in a playoff scenario!

6-30 is really a [Censored] shoot and the talent gap isn't huge.

I don't think there is much of a difference between MDU, Coppermine, BLC, Jesters, Pride, Steps, Primetime. Fact is that Skywalkers has struggled for years and has beat Pride / Primetime handily, tied STEPS NJ and almost took out HG in a 22 min playoff game in the last couple of weeks.

I give Coppermine / FLG / MDU a nod for being the best of the 6+ tier, don't factor in Alliance or national teams.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Coppermine not in the same tier as MDU. Doesn't have the resume. Tough, grind it out team, but not in top-20, let alone top-10.

BLC and Pride dealing with similar issues, final tournaments of the year where they now lots of turnover coming.

Take SW one goal loss with grain of salt. It was 5th game of weekend for HG, after their camp all week. Good showing by SW sure, but it doesn't erase an entire season of scores, like a one goal win vs 91st ranked NEMS two weeks ago.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Because numbers are fun.. Record of top 6 teams against each other.

M&D: 6-3
Heros: 4-1
Aces: 3-4
YJ: 2-1
Eagle Stix: 0-5
Florida Select: 1-2

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Coppermine not in the same tier as MDU. Doesn't have the resume. Tough, grind it out team, but not in top-20, let alone top-10.

BLC and Pride dealing with similar issues, final tournaments of the year where they now lots of turnover coming.

Take SW one goal loss with grain of salt. It was 5th game of weekend for HG, after their camp all week. Good showing by SW sure, but it doesn't erase an entire season of scores, like a one goal win vs 91st ranked NEMS two weeks ago.

Every game between MDU & Coppermine lately have only been a one goal difference. Seems to be pretty close in talent and results. All these teams after the top 2 are about the same.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

What time frame is this based on? M&D beat hero's 2x in last 2 weeks.

Aces lost 2 last week but it was a while before that losing a game

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Every game between MDU & Coppermine lately have only been a one goal difference. Seems to be pretty close in talent and results. All these teams after the top 2 are about the same.

MDU has played to a one goal game to Aces twice in last two weeks, beat YJA team. Coppermine has nothing all year like that.

Not even close which is why one is 11 and other 22 ranked.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
MDU is going to implode like TLC and their top player will move to places like integrity or Coppermine.

B+ program at best, heck their 26 are ranked below nems and tlc

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
If Coppermine is so competitive as shared in many posts and have a fighting chance in a 22 minute game against a top 10 team, With great coaching. Why this rumor of their top 5-6 girls leaving? Or Middies leaving. Seems to me they have a good thing going where they are. They should stay put and recruit some free agents. These Coppermine girls are not going to make a huge/Any splash on a Heros or M&D Team. Maybe the thought process is the grass is greener on a SW team? If that's the thinking, then the coaching/program has issues ...Just curious.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Fake News

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
If Coppermine is so competitive as shared in many posts and have a fighting chance in a 22 minute game against a top 10 team, With great coaching. Why this rumor of their top 5-6 girls leaving? Or Middies leaving. Seems to me they have a good thing going where they are. They should stay put and recruit some free agents. These Coppermine girls are not going to make a huge/Any splash on a Heros or M&D Team. Maybe the thought process is the grass is greener on a SW team? If that's the thinking, then the coaching/program has issues ...Just curious.

There is always talk about Coppermine top players leaving and it rarely happens as much as the internet message board world would suggest.

The theory is that since Coppermine really has no recruiting reputation, girls will do better in recruiting from other clubs with better reputations, like SW.

Personally I hope Coppermine has some recruiting success and they likely will with their 28 team who has some legit stars.

I wish the 27 team the best and hope the team stays together. More quality programs in the area is better for everyone. I detest it when girls leave too 25 ranked A teams to go to MnD red or hero’s white just to help in recruiting

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Coppermine isn’t losing anyone this year and will have plenty of girls trying out there. Not top girls from top teams but girls moved back to B teams or top girls from lower teams. All this talk is from people starting rumors that can do so on this page. I bet not a single girl even tries out for SW nor the other way around. SW will keep their roster minus girls replaced by better ones that try out there. If you believe everything you read on here I’ve got a bridge to sell you in Brooklyn. FYI… there are others girls that are really good players that don’t play on M&D or Hero’s by their own choice. Not all talent feels they have to be surrounded by the other best players to be successful. Some people blaze their own success and lead others.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

The coaching/program does have issues, that’s why girls are leaving.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
MDU is going to implode like TLC and their top player will move to places like integrity or Coppermine.

Lol comedy gold.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Lol comedy gold.

Mdu has some elite middle school teams but yes their high school teams are ok at best if you look at 24-26.

Key for mdu is to keep middle school teams together, same boat as Coppermine

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Lol comedy gold.

Mdu has some elite middle school teams but yes their high school teams are ok at best if you look at 24-26.

True and their 2022 team was a top-10.

Thats what separates the M&D and Hero's from everyone else. Consistency through every grad year.
No top player moves to Integrity or Coppermine though. Those clubs are in the same boat as everyone else, trying to either get good at a grad year or maintain it through HS.

Coppermine 2028 could break the mold. They are better at moment than both M&D and HG.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Lol comedy gold.

How were those MDU teams 24-26 in middle school though? They weren't elite back then. That's the difference.

The 8th grade MDU 2026 team was 33rd. Any body who follows the 2026 can tell you it was related to major turnover at that grad year from the start.

Different issues altogether.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
SW 2027 added 7 new girls last year, 1/3 of their roster.

Do we expect them to add another 7 new ones this year? That would be 2/3 TO on team in two seasons.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Do we expect them to add another 7 new ones this year? That would be 2/3 TO on team in two seasons.

Isn't this what people have been posting for a few months now? Answer seems to be yes, especially with so many BLC players looking for a team.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Coppermine 2028 could break the mold. They are better at moment than both M&D and HG.

At this moment, yes, but not for much longer.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Isn't this what people have been posting for a few months now? Answer seems to be yes, especially with so many BLC players looking for a team.

I heard there were several girls showed up at SW practices recently from a bunch of clubs and they will probably add some talent plus move some girls around

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Probably and 6 or 7. Not really 2/3 turnover since i would expect at least 3 girls who were just added not to be around next. Look at the 13 girls who played in the playoff game against Heros. If you aren't one of those 13, you should be concerned about your spot on the team.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
It would be very good if SW can improve and MD can have 4 top-10 teams in the area. (maintain it after BLC)

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Probably and 6 or 7. Not really 2/3 turnover since i would expect at least 3 girls who were just added not to be around next. Look at the 13 girls who played in the playoff game against Heros. If you aren't one of those 13, you should be concerned about your spot on the team.

Eh, just like every year they’ll take the best available players not sure playing time in that playoff game determined a ton

End of the day, some girls will move up / down in the program but they’ll field two competitive and balanced high school teams. Girls from white get recruited all the time, I’d rather play on white then sit on blue and watch

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Eh, just like every year they’ll take the best available players not sure playing time in that playoff game determined a ton

End of the day, some girls will move up / down in the program but they’ll field two competitive and balanced high school teams. Girls from white get recruited all the time, I’d rather play on white then sit on blue and watch

SWBlue is ranked 30-something behind some bad teams. If you're a good player, you're not sitting on this 27 team

White is ranked 150 or so. If you'd rather play for White, I would assume that player is not overly skilled.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Wait. Usually if you get cut from a team or want more playing time you go to Coppermine.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Now it sounds like you can go to Sw blue. Get some hugs from the creepy old guy that makes inappropriate comments to 3rd graders and the coach that only plays 13 kids in playoff games.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Wait. Usually if you get cut from a team or want more playing time you go to Coppermine.
Thing of the past. Coppermine may not be the destination like M&D or Hero’s but it’s no longer a dumping ground. They have a lot of talent starting with the 27’s and down. Don’t expect their roster to change for the worst like older teams. The recruiting will change with this class and younger grades.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Still true

Page 97 of 112 1 2 95 96 97 98 99 111 112

Link Copied to Clipboard