BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
Boys High School Lax
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,817
Posts388,361
Members2,610
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 30 of 64 1 2 28 29 30 31 32 63 64
Re: Boys 2029 Grads - Mid Atlantic Region
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
True Baltimore should not be in the discussion. They are aaa at best when they play their best. Saw them play in 2 tournaments and couldn’tmake the playoffs or come close to them. LTLC is a
Solid program. Keeps getting better . I would place them top 1 and 2 in the Balt. Co. area with FCA. FCA and LTLC have a split record with each other. #not a parent of either

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Hearing FCA, Predators 2 best players and even Lutherville have a few 2029s that are holdbacks and will need to drop down to the 2028 teams with the new rules.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Look at the club ranking by state (for what they’re worth).

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
True Baltimore should not be in the discussion. They are aaa at best when they play their best. Saw them play in 2 tournaments and couldn’tmake the playoffs or come close to them. LTLC is a
Solid program. Keeps getting better . I would place them top 1 and 2 in the Balt. Co. area with FCA. FCA and LTLC have a split record with each other. #not a parent of either

Press release.....LTLC won't exist anymore after this season. They are going to be playing in all tournaments as CRABS moving forward. The team is going to implode as they move over to CRABS. 2028 holdbacks coming down....people on current team unhappy with playing time....have the LTLC current roster will be finding new homes, and a new coach as they enter into 8th grade.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Thanks for the insight. We may come down for a couple of tryouts, but sounds like plenty of drama for sure.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
If your new to this forum just remember it’s anonymous so people (usually 1 or 2 trolls) like to vent and cause a little drama. Take all with a grain of salt. Go to tryouts and find what fits for your kid. Ask the coaches plenty of questions and talk to parents to feel things out

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What’s going on in Vail? Who are Suns?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Interesting to see what happens with age verification. Will change a lot. As for playing time you have to earn it on every team. Work harder, get ground balls, how will you you stand out. At this age you gotta get after it. It’s what you do off the field that will come out at practice. No team will give you time is you don’t perform and demonstrate you deserve the time

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You have no clue what you’re talking about.There will be zero holdbacks going to the 29’s, everyone will be age appropriate.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Suns are a combo of WCS and Iron Horse Austin kids put together by rich IH dad / Terp alum who hired Bubba Fairman to coach.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Heard nationals once again played with a new roster and new talent. My take is that if national teams want to be ranked they have to do tryouts on September and bring the same team to the very event until the next tryouts. And just like other teams limit the “guest players” to let’s say 2 at any event.

But no one will even consider this because we all know national teams would fail with actual rules. Several of these teams have kids who play for several national teams. Meaning the same kids are contributing to multiple teams success.

Get all of these teams out of the rankings please.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Heard nationals once again played with a new roster and new talent. My take is that if national teams want to be ranked they have to do tryouts on September and bring the same team to the very event until the next tryouts. And just like other teams limit the “guest players” to let’s say 2 at any event.

But no one will even consider this because we all know national teams would fail with actual rules. Several of these teams have kids who play for several national teams. Meaning the same kids are contributing to multiple teams success.

Agree. No one is worse than Red Hots. But Nationals is pretty much just as bad. It’s a joke.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Agree to all of this. Can’t wait to watch them get destroyed at Naptown even with their guest players.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Agree to all of this. Can’t wait to watch them get destroyed at Naptown even with their guest players.

How often does Nationals cut kids? Seems like they have tryouts every 3 months. Does the roster just keep getting bigger? That must be hard for the kids and families that travel and keep getting bumped down the roster.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Nationals, LC is an embarrassment to club lacrosse. They showed up with a half roster of men to play 11/12 year old boys in the 2029 age group in Vail. Get a grip…total clown program.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The fact that parents enjoy watching their kids play for Nationals, LC and playing kids 2-3 years younger says it all. Imagine cheering for your kid playing kids much younger. Demented. Play your age, you will figure out if you kid is good or not. Whoever runs that club is all that has been wrong with club lacrosse.

Welcome to the age of birth certificates.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Next stop for Nationals, LC is putting PLL players on their “2029” roster for Naptown.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Next stop for Nationals, LC is putting PLL players on their “2029” roster for Naptown.

I don’t even care that they have holdbacks. I care that they poach at least one kid from every decent team they play at every event. And then let them play for free at the biggest events for free. Half won’t even come back.

If you’re playing in an event with that team present, expect your best players to be approached and offered a spot at the next event!

I mean come olay for the #1ranked team who was ranked near nowhere before they LOST to hawks. Hilarious.

Don’t get me wrong, they are good. But they only have like ten kids whose parents are notIntelligent enough to drop 10-15k a year traveling to all those training camps and tourneys. The rest of the team is put together week by week and they pretend it’s legit by carrying a 40 kid roster and 15 will be determined after they play on the next tourney.

Get. Them. Out. Of. The. Rankings

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
So is the Nationals team that plays in the circuit different than the summer team. I thought the circuit was age verified except for 2-3 exceptions (which is notIntelligent).

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Fun lil fact check to all these National fans. Tryouts are coming
soon to Baltimore see ya there. However you should know with the new age rule coming there will not be any roster spots avaliable because they are ALL of age.

Come on guys this is a joke right ? The core of this team has
been together for 2 years. (No guest players and one eleven yo. In Vail ) Just to clear these adult rumors up.

This coming from the parents of organizations that have hundreds coming to tryouts I think it's a bit humorous. Some of these kids play on their local teams that get beat up by you all every year and never once do we cry or post. I mean don't you all have 2-3 teams at each age ? My 12 year old was super proud of his team and the job they did. See you guys at Naptown ( with the same group of children)

Oh and yes hopefully some PLL players want to come to camp. That would be a cool experience for the kids! That's a great idea, thank you.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Incoherently ranting however clueless on what the team actually is. Lost to an incredibly disciplined and well coached hawks team by a goal and should see them in the championship next week. Therefor mentioned hawks do the exact same thing. They recruit, they have hold backs on the older teams and have been doing it for years. The hawks fly people in like True and so many others, what's the difference? Look at the 22 naptown challenge winners if you dont believe me (or is this your oldest kid). That hawks team was comprised of 7 players that played for the hawks regularly the rest came from "MDLax" money. Mad that an organization is doing what everyone else does very well. My son has been approached by the hawks and several others over the years aka everyone does it some are just better at it !

Fact checker again... Haven't had a guest player in over a year (team was still being formed last time that happened), gotta tryout for this 29 team at a camp. Great job Natty coaches and organization for putting a team like this together it's been so much fun to watch these boys grow together! 🥍

Thank goodness the boys don't see this [Censored].

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Fun lil fact check to all these National fans. Tryouts are coming
soon to Baltimore see ya there. However you should know with the new age rule coming there will not be any roster spots avaliable because they are ALL of age.

Come on guys this is a joke right ? The core of this team has
been together for 2 years. (No guest players and one eleven yo. In Vail ) Just to clear these adult rumors up.

This coming from the parents of organizations that have hundreds coming to tryouts I think it's a bit humorous. Some of these kids play on their local teams that get beat up by you all every year and never once do we cry or post. I mean don't you all have 2-3 teams at each age ? My 12 year old was super proud of his team and the job they did. See you guys at Naptown ( with the same group of children)

Oh and yes hopefully some PLL players want to come to camp. That would be a cool experience for the kids! That's a great idea, thank you.

Not a Nationals parent and in fact, my son plays for a team that lost to them recently. I can tell you that I recognize at least half the players and can attest they have been on that team for the past few years. They appear to have a few new additions which is not surprising given the amount of tryouts that they conduct. A couple of the kids were extremely large but frankly, we saw that on many of the teams that we faced.

There best offensive players are great because of skill, not because of size of physical dominance.

They are a very good team.

The only complaint that I think is valid is the notion of national teams (who can recruit across the country) playing against local teams (who are constrained by geographic talent pools). Personally, I have no issue with my kid playing against a national team. It's about getting better, not just winning a hat that my kid will promptly forget at the airport.

Age Verification needs to be widely adopted for safety and fairness.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
A funny guy has joined the party. Have your birth certificates ready in the fall (don’t fake them). Good luck going forward.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Hey Nationals, LC guy, enjoy your summer. Keep drinking your own Kool-Aid. There is a reason all these national teams will be going away, at least in their current form.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Sounds like Amazon better stock up on the birth certificate printing presses and laser printers for the Nationals, LC.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Incoherently ranting however clueless on what the team actually is. Lost to an incredibly disciplined and well coached hawks team by a goal and should see them in the championship next week. Therefor mentioned hawks do the exact same thing. They recruit, they have hold backs on the older teams and have been doing it for years. The hawks fly people in like True and so many others, what's the difference? Look at the 22 naptown challenge winners if you dont believe me (or is this your oldest kid). That hawks team was comprised of 7 players that played for the hawks regularly the rest came from "MDLax" money. Mad that an organization is doing what everyone else does very well. My son has been approached by the hawks and several others over the years aka everyone does it some are just better at it !

Fact checker again... Haven't had a guest player in over a year (team was still being formed last time that happened), gotta tryout for this 29 team at a camp. Great job Natty coaches and organization for putting a team like this together it's been so much fun to watch these boys grow together! 🥍

How bout you check the Nationals website to see your organization is looking for “guest players” to play for Naptown because clearly your coaches have 0 faith in your current players. Keep drinking that Koolaid… pathetic

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

How bout you check the Nationals website to see your organization are looking for guest players to play for Naptown because clearly your coaches have 0 faith in your current players winning. Keep drinking that koolaid…

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Last time I checked there is no recruiting going on at the 6th grade level.

The fact that this conversation is happening is what is truly wrong with club lacrosse.

None of this means anything till they get to high school and by then all of the 2029’s will have reclassed. Parents should worry about their boys playing against the best competitive talent - that is how you get better! I personally know many D1 coaches and they could care less who is ranked in the top 10 at the age of 12.

Let’s play great lacrosse against the best we can and do it the right way!

We should all be proud that our boys love the game and want to make the commitment to play at this level!

Enjoy the time and remember they won’t remember any of this when on the field in college.

Good luck to all!!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

How bout you check the Nationals website to see your organization are looking for guest players to play for Naptown because clearly your coaches have 0 faith in your current players winning. Keep drinking that koolaid…

Hilarious. Nationals didn’t add a goalie recently???? As stated above. They should have to post a roster and stick with it. They are poachers.

But here’s the thing. Take a look at the older ages for nationals. The hey we’re all ranked in the top ten a year ago. Not anymore. Why you ask??? Because he’s a slim bag who will replace your kid month to month and call kids to play one time just to be competitive

The older your kid gets the less relevant a team like nationals becomes. It’s pay for play BS. STOP, with the “alot of kids are the same”. That’s true. Abs those kids are paying the way for the ringers that don’t have to.

Go play for a regional team and show some loyalty.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I don’t even have a ‘29 but love this thread in particular because of how [Censored] hurt all you dads are after losing a game. Comical. Please keep it up.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Nationals LC is an embarrassment and everything that is wrong with club lacrosse.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Now let’s discuss how madlax found a way to not post its scores after losing yet another game and still sit at 2 in the ranking.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Now let’s discuss how madlax found a way to not post its scores after losing yet another game and still sit at 2 in the ranking.

I think the rankings dropped before the Vail results were processed. My son plays for a team that was out there and our scores are not yet posted.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Madlax is one of the better club teams. Up there with Hawks, 91, etc. The national teams? These people pay this money for their kids’ Instagram cravings, nothing more. These national teams don’t even exist at the high school level other than WCS— why? Because they’re [Censored]. Bunch of egotistical kids and parents who think they’re doing themselves the favor by compiling the best 10-12 kids they can in a given week to challenge the real teams of players who know how to play together.
Nationals, Red Hots, JM3, Nations Best— whatever. You’re not impressing the people who matter.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Just looked it up… other than vail up to date.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
National teams are great for players from non-hotbed areas. They get an opportunity to see how they stack up against tough teams and hopefully get some great coaching along the way. I don’t see how it makes sense for kids from areas that provide the option to play elite lacrosse locally or regionally. Interested to hear from parents on the inside. We live/play in MD and not sure if a national team is worth it. Do you play on a local Md team and a national team?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Madlax is one of the better club teams. Up there with Hawks, 91, etc. The national teams? These people pay this money for their kids’ Instagram cravings, nothing more. These national teams don’t even exist at the high school level other than WCS— why? Because they’re [Censored]. Bunch of egotistical kids and parents who think they’re doing themselves the favor by compiling the best 10-12 kids they can in a given week to challenge the real teams of players who know how to play together.
Nationals, Red Hots, JM3, Nations Best— whatever. You’re not impressing the people who matter.

Enlighten me…Who are the people that matter?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Enlighten me…Who are the people that matter?
As Steve Harvey says, “the number one answer is….College coaches.”

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Just looked it up… other than vail up to date.

FCA scores made it in already.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
National teams are great for players from non-hotbed areas. They get an opportunity to see how they stack up against tough teams and hopefully get some great coaching along the way. I don’t see how it makes sense for kids from areas that provide the option to play elite lacrosse locally or regionally. Interested to hear from parents on the inside. We live/play in MD and not sure if a national team is worth it. Do you play on a local Md team and a national team?

My son plays on a quality club program in Maryland as well as on a national team (not Nationals).

We do it because he gets a chance to play in a different role and to hear a coach with a different voice / philosophy. Most importantly, we do it because he has fun playing on another team.

We have no preconceived notions that playing on a national team will lead to a scholarship.

Is it expensive? Yes. Is it necessary to develop your kid if he's a good athlete? No. Can it still be fun and rewarding? Absolutely.

Like Reply Quote
Page 30 of 64 1 2 28 29 30 31 32 63 64
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Link Copied to Clipboard