BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Girls High School Lax
by Anonymous -
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,817
Posts388,328
Members2,610
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 49 of 81 1 2 47 48 49 50 51 80 81
Re: MD Girls 2028
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Who won Lax for the Cure?

It's in the Lax for the cure tourney app. Coppermine beat HHH in the finals.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Coppermine

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Coppermine won. I was impressed how handedly they beat M&D, but that being said i did notice multiple coppermine players scoring. From the score of the championship, HHH was no match to them at all

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Guess I didn't "jinx" Coppermine...

Holding 3 straight top teams to 1 goal in bracket play is really impressive. Probably not being done by "only 2 good players". Just saying.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Coppermine won. I was impressed how handedly they beat M&D, but that being said i did notice multiple coppermine players scoring. From the score of the championship, HHH was no match to them at all

Not trying to undermine Coppermine's win, they clearly deserved to win the tournament. But will say that teams in the top division had a significantly harder and more exhausting road to the playoffs. I think Coppermine would have won regardless, but they were truly set up to be fresh and ready to dominate come playoff time. You can only play schedule you're given, so not Coppermine's fault, but did not make a ton of sense to have #2 and #3 ranked teams in second division playing much weaker competition, while not meeting in pool play.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Holding 3 straight top teams to 1 goal in bracket play is really impressive. Probably not being done by "only 2 good players". Just saying.

I thought you said you weren't a parent? You sure sound like one.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Not trying to undermine Coppermine's win, they clearly deserved to win the tournament. But will say that teams in the top division had a significantly harder and more exhausting road to the playoffs. I think Coppermine would have won regardless, but they were truly set up to be fresh and ready to dominate come playoff time. You can only play schedule you're given, so not Coppermine's fault, but did not make a ton of sense to have #2 and #3 ranked teams in second division playing much weaker competition, while not meeting in pool play.

Watched Coppermine dismantle M&D in playoffs, it was a dominate performance

Also to the M&D dads sideline coaching on defensive side please stop, both of you look foolish

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Coppermine

Blowing out M&D was great, loved seeing their parents scurry away.

Hopefully they like the taste of that medicine, always gloating when they beat up on some inferior team

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Guessing this is an M&D dad who is mad they had to play MDU and Aces (ouch 3-11) in their bracket. Still, this is a poor analysis.

First, if Coppermine and Heroes were in the Scarlet Division, M&D and MDU wouldn't have made the bracket playoffs. So Coppermine would have been "set up...to dominate" in the playoffs regardless, against the best of your supposed "much weaker competition". Second, the average rankings in the top two divisions were not that out of whack (11 for Scarlet; 15 for Rose); and it's hard to call a division with Coppermine and Heroes a "second division". Plus, Prime Time and Pride, two teams in the 20s, actually gave Coppermine its most competitive games. Third, the relative rankings of the non-mid-Atlantic teams--Long Island, Upstate, and Philly in particular, haven't really shaken out yet this tournament season. Based on the last two tournaments and the eye test, I would say these teams are better than their relative rankings as HHH demonstrated at LFTC and Yellow Jackets and Legacy/NXT showed at LLL.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Enjoy your time on the top!

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I thought you said you weren't a parent? You sure sound like one.

Nope. My DD's team plays Coppermine a couple of times a year and we take our lumps with everybody else. I just have an ear for jealousy and sour grapes, and the constant whining and excuses on this thread ("only two good players", "they fake fouls", "their parents are jerks") about a very good and balanced team, gets under my skin. Plus, their parents were pretty gracious as they beat us again this tournament season. I appreciate that, and I respect the way their players compete.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Watched Coppermine dismantle M&D in playoffs, it was a dominate performance

Also to the M&D dads sideline coaching on defensive side please stop, both of you look foolish

Just when I think Coppermine parents have gotten less terrible.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Coppermine

Hopefully they like the taste of that medicine, always gloating when they beat up on some inferior team

If you are actually a Coppermine parent, I’m not sure what M&D has done to you other than show up to play a game that was respectful both on the field and the sidelines (as they usually are between these teams). After the game there was no scurrying, rather there were several groups of M&D and Coppermine parents talking because many of them are friends, as are the players. So either you’re not a Coppermine parent and you’re just trying to make both teams look bad or you are and your animosity is an outlier.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You have all lost your mind. Totally different level.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Coppermine is at a completely different level in the 28 age group. 7-8 players deep and counting. Their top 2 are making the rest better. Watched M&D try and shut off and they got smashed.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Coppermine is at a completely different level in the 28 age group. 7-8 players deep and counting. Their top 2 are making the rest better. Watched M&D try and shut off and they got smashed.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Coppermine

If you are actually a Coppermine parent, I’m not sure what M&D has done to you other than show up to play a game that was respectful both on the field and the sidelines (as they usually are between these teams). After the game there was no scurrying, rather there were several groups of M&D and Coppermine parents talking because many of them are friends, as are the players. So either you’re not a Coppermine parent and you’re just trying to make both teams look bad or you are and your animosity is an outlier.
Thanks for this comment- could not agree more. Lots of friends and good will all the way around. I guess every team has its outliers, but the games are so much more fun when there is mutual respect.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Coppermine parents still learning how to use the internet it appears

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Think it’s the other way around, M&D parents and their arrogance can’t handle their team is several tiers below Coppermine

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Do not be fooled by people posing as parents from other teams. Trust the many respectful interactions on the sidelines between teams. Do not trust anonymous posts by trolls with bad intentions to create conflict and drama in attempt to ruin what all our daughters are building on many different teams. Lots of amazing players, teams, and parents on so many fields and on so many great clubs. If a post is nasty, anonymous and obviously from a certain team then likely not real.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Do not be fooled by people posing as parents from other teams. Trust the many respectful interactions on the sidelines between teams. Do not trust anonymous posts by trolls with bad intentions to create conflict and drama in attempt to ruin what all our daughters are building on many different teams. Lots of amazing players, teams, and parents on so many fields and on so many great clubs. If a post is nasty, anonymous and obviously from a certain team then likely not real.

Agreed! Lately, this thread is 20% good information and 80% posters posing as parents from other teams.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Think it’s the other way around, M&D parents and their arrogance can’t handle their team is several tiers below Coppermine

This posters fixation on M&D (it’s definitely just one poster) is funny. I assure you, the M&D parents are just fine and really don’t think about Coppermine any more than any of the other talented teams their daughters play here in the mid Atlantic. Just relax and enjoy your daughter’s success.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Agreed! Lately, this thread is 20% good information and 80% posters posing as parents from other teams.

With intent to increase the 20%, how are people seeing the outlook for Summer Genesis Origins? Great field, with 8 out of the top 10 (missing M&D and YJ-Maget), and 13 out of the top 25. Eagle Stix is making the trip from the ATL.

Not that they need any help, but it looks like Coppermine got a pretty good draw on the schedule in pool play, with only Aces in the top 10. Eagle Stix has to play Heroes and MDU. Heroes plays 3 of the top 10 in pool play, as do Aces, MDU, and LI Jesters.

Bracket structure is good as well. Early lines on key pool games or predictions on the tourney welcome.

I'm going with Coppermine, yet again, but Eagle Stix should be fresh and rested coming up, while Coppermine played 7 games last week.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

With intent to increase the 20%, how are people seeing the outlook for Summer Genesis Origins? Great field, with 8 out of the top 10 (missing M&D and YJ-Maget), and 13 out of the top 25. Eagle Stix is making the trip from the ATL.

Not that they need any help, but it looks like Coppermine got a pretty good draw on the schedule in pool play, with only Aces in the top 10. Eagle Stix has to play Heroes and MDU. Heroes plays 3 of the top 10 in pool play, as do Aces, MDU, and LI Jesters.

Bracket structure is good as well. Early lines on key pool games or predictions on the tourney welcome.

I'm going with Coppermine, yet again, but Eagle Stix should be fresh and rested coming up, while Coppermine played 7 games last week.
Coppermine also plays Crush...

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Correct. Tourney organizers changed the schedule again this morning.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Will be interesting to see which teams make it to the play offs. Four get to go, but with such a large and talented pool, could easily see it coming down to goals allowed.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Seems that the schedule is constantly changing...

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Seems that the schedule is constantly changing...
I’ve seen three different schedules today! Looks like Crush now has the toughest schedule: Eaglestix, Coppermine, Aces, Jesters

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Weather is looking bad this weekend at Hershey...any chance they will cancel tourney?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Weather is looking bad this weekend at Hershey...any chance they will cancel tourney?

Any guess on when we will get an update, besides just their inclement weather policy?

They have to have some idea of what the chances are that the fields will be playable based on the forecasted rain after the past 2 days of rain.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Any guess on when we will get an update, besides just their inclement weather policy?

They have to have some idea of what the chances are that the fields will be playable based on the forecasted rain after the past 2 days of rain.
Never been to Ridge Road Soccer Park. Hopefully, the fields have good drainage. Would [Censored] to cancel games after many teams have traveled hundreds of miles. Luckily we're only 1.5 hrs. away and can drive daily.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Never been to Ridge Road Soccer Park. Hopefully, the fields have good drainage. Would [Censored] to cancel games after many teams have traveled hundreds of miles. Luckily we're only 1.5 hrs. away and can drive daily.

The 28s having early games means hotels for a lot of people, even those who are semi-local. The 3 days of rain prior to a weekend of rain is what is making things worse, regardless of the drainage quality.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

The 28s having early games means hotels for a lot of people, even those who are semi-local. The 3 days of rain prior to a weekend of rain is what is making things worse, regardless of the drainage quality.
We had reservations for the weekend but cancelled yesterday. Didn't want to risk getting stuck with a hotel bill if the games were cancelled.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Okay esteemed colleagues: report from Hershey.

Bad news, it’s raining pretty hard actually—but it’s on and off.

Good news for the 28s—Ridge Road complex is in good shape. Fields have good crowning/drainage. Slippery, not muddy at all. I believe this tournament will be played.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Okay esteemed colleagues: report from Hershey.

Bad news, it’s raining pretty hard actually—but it’s on and off.

Good news for the 28s—Ridge Road complex is in good shape. Fields have good crowning/drainage. Slippery, not muddy at all. I believe this tournament will be played.
Great news! Weather outlook has improved too. Good luck to everyone…except Coppermine! Just kidding, good luck to ALL teams! I do foresee a couple of upsets…should be a great tourney!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Coppermine with the win again! Woop woop…another medal for my mantle!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Nice! Live life through your kids achievements!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Impressive comeback today by Coppermine, after getting dominated by Aces for 30 minutes on Saturday. Still top dog.

Aces had a heck of a tournament, handing Coppermine their first loss this year, as well as Crush (6-0 at half), and Heroes.

Also, while giving respect, where did this Sky Walkers 2028 come from? Going 4-0 and beating Eagle Stix in pool play! Then knocking off MD United East, who was having a great tourney in the bracket, before pushing Coppermine in the final. Since beating M&D toward the end of the NGLL season, they have had an impressive run.

Any insight into what changed for Sky Walkers? Did they get some new additions, or just start to click as a team? I have to say I was skeptical of the Sky Walkers homers claiming they would keep improving into the high school years on this thread. So far so good.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Nice! Live life through your kids achievements!

Once again you falling for someone pretending to be a Coppermine parent!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Impressive comeback today by Coppermine, after getting dominated by Aces for 30 minutes on Saturday. Still top dog.

Aces had a heck of a tournament, handing Coppermine their first loss this year, as well as Crush (6-0 at half), and Heroes.

Also, while giving respect, where did this Sky Walkers 2028 come from? Going 4-0 and beating Eagle Stix in pool play! Then knocking off MD United East, who was having a great tourney in the bracket, before pushing Coppermine in the final. Since beating M&D toward the end of the NGLL season, they have had an impressive run.

Any insight into what changed for Sky Walkers? Did they get some new additions, or just start to click as a team? I have to say I was skeptical of the Sky Walkers homers claiming they would keep improving into the high school years on this thread. So far so good.

Skywalkers will continue to get better and keep improving. They are well coached and have the name behind them. They aren’t going anywhere.

Like Reply Quote
Page 49 of 81 1 2 47 48 49 50 51 80 81
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Link Copied to Clipboard