BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,814
Posts387,830
Members2,608
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 13 of 15 1 2 11 12 13 14 15
Re: Boys 2031-4th Grade Fall 2022/Summer 2023
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
My son's '31 elite Hoco team doesn't have a kid with a birthday earlier than July 2012 and only one before September 2012, about half the team is 2013 birthdays.

As for the ML/Hawks question, the Hawk's goalie can stand on his head at times and not so much other times. The Hawks really slow it down on offense, so when the goalie's on, he can keep teh games really close. My son's team was 3-1 against the Hawks this year, one win was very close and the other two not so much. Just not a great team performance for the loss.

We have 2Way Black '31 at Great 8 in two weeks, so that's be interesting in respect of the jurisdictional debate.

They’re 4th graders, is the a joke? They..are..in..4th grade!

Says a person on a 2031 lax message board

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
How did rebels do at King Street? Saw they lost to 2Way in pool play, but the bracket seems to be missing results.

Lost and got blown out. Our kids got down a bunch and could not get it together. A good teaching moment and 2 Way outplayed us. We will see how we respond this weekend.

Is 2Way balanced or do they rely on a couple star players? Don’t think they were at many tournaments before King street, no?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
My son's '31 elite Hoco team doesn't have a kid with a birthday earlier than July 2012 and only one before September 2012, about half the team is 2013 birthdays.

As for the ML/Hawks question, the Hawk's goalie can stand on his head at times and not so much other times. The Hawks really slow it down on offense, so when the goalie's on, he can keep teh games really close. My son's team was 3-1 against the Hawks this year, one win was very close and the other two not so much. Just not a great team performance for the loss.

We have 2Way Black '31 at Great 8 in two weeks, so that's be interesting in respect of the jurisdictional debate.

You are also on a ‘31 chat board my friend.

Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
That whole DD team was 100% all Patchogue kids. All the boys on that team play travel lax. Patchogue is for real !!!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Tri star play offs stacked with 8 solid teams today.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Tri star play offs stacked with 8 solid teams today.

Stacked with 4th graders? Dude get a grip

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Amazing lacrosse for 4 th graders. Field was absolutely packed watching 2 way beat rebels in double OT.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
It was stacked with teams that couldn’t get a win against HOCO teams last week

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Congratulations to 91 Titans for beating half a town team and two C level clubs. What an embarrassment this program is becoming.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
People are starting to ask if LI just stopped being a lacrosse hot bed. Is baseball growing there or what?

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I’m just here for the comedy, and it’s fantastic! Adults ranting about the physical prowess of 4th grade boys! You should be so proud of yourselves.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
People are starting to ask if LI just stopped being a lacrosse hot bed. Is baseball growing there or what?

What people? Where did this happen? Another silly comment by a silly woman!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
hey HOCO KNUCKLEHEAD. Come to LI anytime, You're not that special. Why do we have to go to you? LI IS # 1 and always will be. That new age rule must be really tough on your hold backs.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
hey HOCO KNUCKLEHEAD. Come to LI anytime, You're not that special. Why do we have to go to you? LI IS # 1 and always will be. That new age rule must be really tough on your hold backs.
Philly and Delaware are kind of halfway so no idea why you act like we won’t travel to play you. It’s not about being special, it’s about none of our teams losing to LI teams. Does not beating any HOCO teams at NAL make you #1? If that makes hoco special then those are your words. No holdbacks down here, at least not on my son’s team and I doubt other teams will be impacted. Usually holdbacks are a 8th-9th grade thing. Think you all just need to get better up there!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

What people? Where did this happen? Another silly comment by a silly woman!

Isn’t one of the LI high school teams, the #1 team in the country?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

As a HOCO parent who is somewhat tired of playing the same five teams over and over again, I’d welcome more tournaments north of the Delaware River. We’re traveling to NJ this weekend for a tournament and I think it’s great for the boys to play some teams they’ve never seen before.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

You confirmed it - "1/2 the team is 13 bdays". On Long Island pretty much 95% of teams are 13 bdays (and the ones that aren't are probably December 12)...that's a big difference.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
lol @ "our boys are 3 months younger than HOCO boys. That's a HUGE advantage!"

Unprecedented levels of copium consumption and delusion up on the island. Fitting for the people who think George Santos represents them.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
lol @ "our boys are 3 months younger than HOCO boys. That's a HUGE advantage!"

Unprecedented levels of copium consumption and delusion up on the island. Fitting for the people who think George Santos represents them.

You're assuming every kid was born in Dec/Jan...think about it. The majority of kids on LI born late winter, Spring and Summer of 13...that is a big difference. On average HOCO teams are 6-12 months older...end of day, just look at WS winners, where there are age rules.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
No one is saying HOCO teams aren't good...simply saying HOCO teams are on average 6-12 months older, which is why its difficult for LI teams to beat HOCO teams. At this age, its a big difference.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
if teams in HOCO played only their 13's vs LI teams, playing field would be even. Problem has less to do with holdbacks more to do with grade cutoffs in different states.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
if teams in HOCO played only their 13's vs LI teams, playing field would be even. Problem has less to do with holdbacks more to do with grade cutoffs in different states.

Agree with this - on my sons 31 team we have kids that don't turn 10 until late fall. So it's a 9yr old vs 11-12 Hoco.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Not a boy on my son’s HOCO team is older than 10. Stop with the excuses and have your boys hit the wall.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Not a boy on my son’s HOCO team is older than 10. Stop with the excuses and have your boys hit the wall.

Just ignorant and idiotic statement. The HOCO dad said it above "my son's team doesn't have a kid with a birthday earlier than July 2012 and only one before September 2012, about half the team is 2013 birthdays"

LI teams are 95%+ all 2013. You're 10+ yo are still playing against 9+ yo. Its just the way the age cutoff for schools works.

Also, by your own admission 1/2 the team is born in 12 vs almost 100% of LI teams born in 13. By your own statements its clear HOCO teams are on average at least 6-10 months older. Silly that you can't/refuse to admit to this yet think there is something in the water that makes HOCO teams the best in the country. Its idiotic...there are good teams and kids everywhere, yet most seem to be on LI or HOCO b/c its a "hotbed" of coaches, teams, etc.. There is an edge to HOCO b/c of the school cutoffs., which is why HOCO teams never win the WS. Its not really even debatable at this point.

That 6-10 months is a big difference when you look at one team vs. another. Its basically a 5-15% difference in age.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Don't get me wrong, the HOCO teams are still very, very good but wouldn't be as dominate if they played all their 13's vs LI 13's. Would be a much more even.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Just ignorant and idiotic statement. The HOCO dad said it above "my son's team doesn't have a kid with a birthday earlier than July 2012 and only one before September 2012, about half the team is 2013 birthdays"

LI teams are 95%+ all 2013. You're 10+ yo are still playing against 9+ yo. Its just the way the age cutoff for schools works.

Also, by your own admission 1/2 the team is born in 12 vs almost 100% of LI teams born in 13. By your own statements its clear HOCO teams are on average at least 6-10 months older. Silly that you can't/refuse to admit to this yet think there is something in the water that makes HOCO teams the best in the country. Its idiotic...there are good teams and kids everywhere, yet most seem to be on LI or HOCO b/c its a "hotbed" of coaches, teams, etc.. There is an edge to HOCO b/c of the school cutoffs., which is why HOCO teams never win the WS. Its not really even debatable at this point.

That 6-10 months is a big difference when you look at one team vs. another. Its basically a 5-15% difference in age.
There’s enough copium in this post to kill a horse!

Fwiw LI teams are pretty good at every other age bracket as far as I can tell. I don’t think there’s anything special about the HOCO 31s relative to other years so perhaps there’s just a drought year crop of LI 4th graders.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Tewaaraton award winner = LI
NCAA Finals MVP = LI
NCAA Rookie Of The Year = LI
1 # Ranked Private High School = LI
1 # Ranked Public High School = LI

Huh! You won a 4th grade tournament with 5th graders.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
<crying wojak meme> Noooo!!! Your 10 year olds are an unfair kind of 10 year old compared to ours!!! </crying wojak meme>

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Ladies, you are referring to little kids, I hope you expend this much energy on their education, because the pittance in scholarship money lacrosse offers isn’t going to cover tuition or room and board, maybe books.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Way too early for this age group. By 6th grade 91 and Express will be the only LI teams left standing. Rebels will dismantle just like every Rebels team before them. Igloo becomes watered down, not to mention their coaching staff is an abomination. If you don't believe it, take a screenshot and come back in 3 years when 91 and Express are the only LI teams in the 2031 WS.

And for the record, Madlax is far and away the best 2031 team, best coaching, and the best talent. Hawks and NL are good but aren't even close to ML.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The 91 express thing is getting old. They are treading down in massive way. Just wait till u see Rebel teams this fall. Going to be number 1 at 35 34 33 32 31. With no one close. Actually a lot of express 91 kids going to tryouts. Not sure how many will make the cut. I know it’s killing you that it’s happening. So goes the world, everything has a life.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
For kids looking for teams in Suffolk is there a list out there of teams and where they are based out of?

Express
Express East
Rebels
Rebels East
S2S
Legacy
Mooselax
Rush
Recon
Turtles

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Way too early for this age group. By 6th grade 91 and Express will be the only LI teams left standing. Rebels will dismantle just like every Rebels team before them. Igloo becomes watered down, not to mention their coaching staff is an abomination. If you don't believe it, take a screenshot and come back in 3 years when 91 and Express are the only LI teams in the 2031 WS.

And for the record, Madlax is far and away the best 2031 team, best coaching, and the best talent. Hawks and NL are good but aren't even close to ML.

I don’t think you will see much movement from the rebels kids until the World Series is over. I know it’s far away but they will qualify and could make a decent run in the tourney(barring a mass exodus). The 91 and express teams at this age level are bad. This is why no one will run to those programs right now. It is definitely a possibility kids could go over to those top programs later on for recruiting purposes. We will have to wait and see

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I don’t think you will see much movement from the rebels kids until the World Series is over. I know it’s far away but they will qualify and could make a decent run in the tourney(barring a mass exodus). The 91 and express teams at this age level are bad. This is why no one will run to those programs right now. It is definitely a possibility kids could go over to those top programs later on for recruiting purposes. We will have to wait and see
I’m honestly starting to wonder if George santos is the rebels director posting here. Their tendencies are nearly identical.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Why would anyone go on a sinking ship(91)

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

You mean that there are no official records kept for 4th grade club lacrosse? It’s just for show and tell? Holy cow, what are all these moms going to do?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Great VIII 2031 Division Odds

2Way Black 2031 (+130)
NL 2031 (+150)
Towermen 2031 (+190)
Orange Crush (+210)
Predators 2031 AA (+250)
Mad Dog West 2031 (OFF)

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Most of the top players haven’t even picked up a stick yet. There will be plenty of great lax players to go around.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Great VIII 2031 Division Odds

2Way Black 2031 (+130)
NL 2031 (+150)
Towermen 2031 (+190)
Orange Crush (+210)
Predators 2031 AA (+250)
Mad Dog West 2031 (OFF)

Preds by far the best value. They’re a good team - certainly better than Towermen and Crush. Have never seen NL play so I’d put them just below 2Way.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Most of the top players haven’t even picked up a stick yet. There will be plenty of great lax players to go around.
This is just a very clueless person. Kids will start late, but 1 in a 1000 will be better to those playing last 4-5 years.

Page 13 of 15 1 2 11 12 13 14 15

Link Copied to Clipboard